Total Knees and Hips Replaced

Robo1960

Robo1960

Awards
Hi,
I am 64, new here had both knees and hips replaced. Any recommendations on supplements to take that can help speed up the muscle replacement process? Mine is just about gone with all this crap that I have been through.
Thank you!!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello and welcome to the forum. My aunt had knee and hip replacement as well and she has been taking turmeric (curcumin) powder with milk, tart cherry pills, and some kind of silica gel syrup that she mixes with water and drinks. She swears it helps with the pain and healing.

Robo1960

Robo1960

Awards
Hello and welcome to the forum. My aunt had knee and hip replacement as well and she has been taking turmeric (curcumin) powder with milk, tart cherry pills, and some kind of silica gel syrup that she mixes with water and drinks. She swears it helps with the pain and healing.
Thank you very much, hips were not too bad but the knees SUCKED and still suck. Lost all my muscle, used to work out and had a pretty good body but after all these surgeries, I blew past dad bod and went right to, oh crap bod. I Had both hips done 3 months apart then both knees 3 months apart, was 185lbs before this ride started, got down to 153lbs and now up to 218lbs. I hope to learn what's new out there that might help me get back on the path to looking/feeling better. Again, thank you for the reply and the warm welcome.

composner

Awards
Hey there and welcome. I'm tagging board sponsor @sns8778 as his products have helped me a lot, and I think he'd have insight here as he's also been through tough chronic health issues.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi,
I am 64, new here had both knees and hips replaced. Any recommendations on supplements to take that can help speed up the muscle replacement process? Mine is just about gone with all this crap that I have been through.
Thank you!!
Thank you very much, hips were not too bad but the knees SUCKED and still suck. Lost all my muscle, used to work out and had a pretty good body but after all these surgeries, I blew past dad bod and went right to, oh crap bod. I Had both hips done 3 months apart then both knees 3 months apart, was 185lbs before this ride started, got down to 153lbs and now up to 218lbs. I hope to learn what's new out there that might help me get back on the path to looking/feeling better. Again, thank you for the reply and the warm welcome.
Hey there and welcome. I'm tagging board sponsor @sns8778 as his products have helped me a lot, and I think he'd have insight here as he's also been through tough chronic health issues.
Thank you @composner for tagging me.

@Robo1960, welcome to the forum.

I have a lifetime of wear and tear on my body (I'm 46) and I have an autoimmune condition that causes a lot of muscle pain and weakness when it flares up. Then back in Feb. of 2022, I was ran over by a car and broke my shoulder and destroyed my right leg. It broke the fibula above my ankle and below my knee and shattered the tibia which came out through my calf muscle and caused a lot of nerve and tissue damage. At first, they thought I was going to lose my leg. I was fortunate to have a doctor that was willing to take some risks and performed a very aggressive surgery but one that he told me up front was going to require extensive rehab bc of all the damage. I was in a wheelchair for several months, then physical therapy 5 days a week, and then had to learn how to walk again.

Just sharing to explain that I know about this subject from a science and ingredient side and also from a personal side as well because of the things I've gone through.

Some people like a lot of details and others are just looking for a simple answer.

If you're looking for a simple answer, it would be:
  • Pepti-Plex
  • Joint Support XT or Joint Edge
  • PEA Relief or Recovery Fix
  • Creatine HCI
To walk you or anyone else who may be interested through this, there are several different aspects that I'll cover and they all tie in together:
  • Joint health and mobility
  • Muscle damage, muscle loss, and muscle wasting
  • Inflammation
  • Nerve damage and nerve pain
Joint Health and Mobility:
The best two products for this are SNS Joint Support XT and CEL Joint Edge.

I could type out pages of information on these, but a lot of it would be repeating what's in the write up, so I'll post the links here and then you or anyone that has any questions is welcome to ask and I'll be glad to answer them.

Joint Support XT - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/joint-support-xt/
Joint Edge - https://competitiveedgelabs.com/product/joint-edge/

Muscle Damage, Loss, & Wasting:
Pepti-Plex is by far that best thing I have used to help with the muscle pain and muscle damage. It is really good for muscle health and helping to regain strength and muscle and it helps a lot with helping nagging muscle injuries to heal.

When this came out and I started taking it, I was able to make some pretty big strides in my mobility with my leg and also with the strength and getting back muscle in my leg. It also surprisingly helped big time with the pain I have from a partial tear in my bicep that I've had for over 10 years. I rarely ever feel it now.

There are a lot more benefits from Pepti-Plex, but those are the ones most relevant to what we're discussing. In addition, a lot of people notice improved mood, a better overall daily energy level, improved workout recovery, and increased strength and lean muscle from it. It also has a lot of anti-aging and longevity benefits.

Pepti-Plex write up: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/pepti-plex/
Pepti-Plex discussion thread: https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/pepti-plex-natural-anabolic-muscle-builder-powered-by-ai-discovered-natural-anabolic-peptides.335293/

You should also add Creatine HCI, which is a form of creatine that doesn't cause any bloating for fluid retention or stomach upset like other forms of creatine. It's available in capsules and powder and the flavors are excellent.
Inflammation:
I'm going to give two options here - Recovery Fix and PEA Relief.

PEA Relief is Palmitoylethanolamide and is great for inflammation and also nerve pain.
Recovery Fix contains Palmitoylethanolamide in it + much more.

If working out and recovery, building back muscle, and muscle health and reduced pain are the priority, I would go with Recovery Fix because it has the PEA in it + more. It is what I used to help me through physical therapy and have used since:

Recovery Fix write up: https://muscleaddiction.com/product/recovery-fix/

I use Recovery Fix and an additional PEA Relief capsule per day, but mine is a pretty extreme situation.

Elite Curcumin and Theracurmin XT are also great options for this. If someone can afford to add all these things in, they definitely should. I'm just respectful of budgets.

Elite Curcumin write up: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/elite-curcumin/
Theracurmin XT write up: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/elite-curcumin/

Nerve Pain:
There isn't anything additional here to buy - this part is covered by Recovery Fix &/or PEA Relief. The Palmitoylethanolamide ingredient is excellent for helping with nerve pain and damage and the extent of nerve damage and pain that I have is why I use the additional PEA Relief capsule on top of Recovery Fix.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I like helping people in general, but I try to use the things I've learned from what I've been through with my autoimmune condition and my accident and recovery to help anyone that I can.

Robo1960

Robo1960

Awards
Thank you @composner for tagging me.

@Robo1960, welcome to the forum.

I have a lifetime of wear and tear on my body (I'm 46) and I have an autoimmune condition that causes a lot of muscle pain and weakness when it flares up. Then back in Feb. of 2022, I was ran over by a car and broke my shoulder and destroyed my right leg. It broke the fibula above my ankle and below my knee and shattered the tibia which came out through my calf muscle and caused a lot of nerve and tissue damage. At first, they thought I was going to lose my leg. I was fortunate to have a doctor that was willing to take some risks and performed a very aggressive surgery but one that he told me up front was going to require extensive rehab bc of all the damage. I was in a wheelchair for several months, then physical therapy 5 days a week, and then had to learn how to walk again.

Just sharing to explain that I know about this subject from a science and ingredient side and also from a personal side as well because of the things I've gone through.

Some people like a lot of details and others are just looking for a simple answer.

If you're looking for a simple answer, it would be:
  • Pepti-Plex
  • Joint Support XT or Joint Edge
  • PEA Relief or Recovery Fix
  • Creatine HCI
To walk you or anyone else who may be interested through this, there are several different aspects that I'll cover and they all tie in together:
  • Joint health and mobility
  • Muscle damage, muscle loss, and muscle wasting
  • Inflammation
  • Nerve damage and nerve pain
Joint Health and Mobility:
The best two products for this are SNS Joint Support XT and CEL Joint Edge.

I could type out pages of information on these, but a lot of it would be repeating what's in the write up, so I'll post the links here and then you or anyone that has any questions is welcome to ask and I'll be glad to answer them.

Joint Support XT - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/joint-support-xt/
Joint Edge - https://competitiveedgelabs.com/product/joint-edge/

Muscle Damage, Loss, & Wasting:
Pepti-Plex is by far that best thing I have used to help with the muscle pain and muscle damage. It is really good for muscle health and helping to regain strength and muscle and it helps a lot with helping nagging muscle injuries to heal.

When this came out and I started taking it, I was able to make some pretty big strides in my mobility with my leg and also with the strength and getting back muscle in my leg. It also surprisingly helped big time with the pain I have from a partial tear in my bicep that I've had for over 10 years. I rarely ever feel it now.

There are a lot more benefits from Pepti-Plex, but those are the ones most relevant to what we're discussing. In addition, a lot of people notice improved mood, a better overall daily energy level, improved workout recovery, and increased strength and lean muscle from it. It also has a lot of anti-aging and longevity benefits.

Pepti-Plex write up: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/pepti-plex/
Pepti-Plex discussion thread: https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/pepti-plex-natural-anabolic-muscle-builder-powered-by-ai-discovered-natural-anabolic-peptides.335293/

You should also add Creatine HCI, which is a form of creatine that doesn't cause any bloating for fluid retention or stomach upset like other forms of creatine. It's available in capsules and powder and the flavors are excellent.
Inflammation:
I'm going to give two options here - Recovery Fix and PEA Relief.

PEA Relief is Palmitoylethanolamide and is great for inflammation and also nerve pain.
Recovery Fix contains Palmitoylethanolamide in it + much more.

If working out and recovery, building back muscle, and muscle health and reduced pain are the priority, I would go with Recovery Fix because it has the PEA in it + more. It is what I used to help me through physical therapy and have used since:

Recovery Fix write up: https://muscleaddiction.com/product/recovery-fix/

I use Recovery Fix and an additional PEA Relief capsule per day, but mine is a pretty extreme situation.

Elite Curcumin and Theracurmin XT are also great options for this. If someone can afford to add all these things in, they definitely should. I'm just respectful of budgets.

Elite Curcumin write up: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/elite-curcumin/
Theracurmin XT write up: https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/elite-curcumin/

Nerve Pain:
There isn't anything additional here to buy - this part is covered by Recovery Fix &/or PEA Relief. The Palmitoylethanolamide ingredient is excellent for helping with nerve pain and damage and the extent of nerve damage and pain that I have is why I use the additional PEA Relief capsule on top of Recovery Fix.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I like helping people in general, but I try to use the things I've learned from what I've been through with my autoimmune condition and my accident and recovery to help anyone that I can.
Hi sns8778,
I am trying to think of what I could say other than IMPRESSED, but I am fing impressed. I am sure I will have questions as I am a cause and effect type person, doctors that I have been dealing with are not. I have had other back surgeries that I have had but doctors don't have any answers, I just think it's strange that I have all these joints going bad at the same time. These after market parts, sure as hell don't work as well as the OE. I used legal Gear back in the day, stuff really worked but genetics caught up with me and starting with my back and worked it's way down lol. I have not been run over by a car, only the medical profession, everything that you have listed, I am currently dealing with, nerve pain is crazy sometimes and every bit of muscle I had was just lost. I don't have a problem with pushing myself, just need direction on what I need to take. Again, THANK YOU so much for taking time out of your day, to answer my questions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi sns8778,
I am trying to think of what I could say other than IMPRESSED, but I am fing impressed. I am sure I will have questions as I am a cause and effect type person, doctors that I have been dealing with are not. I have had other back surgeries that I have had but doctors don't have any answers, I just think it's strange that I have all these joints going bad at the same time. These after market parts, sure as hell don't work as well as the OE. I used legal Gear back in the day, stuff really worked but genetics caught up with me and starting with my back and worked it's way down lol. I have not been run over by a car, only the medical profession, everything that you have listed, I am currently dealing with, nerve pain is crazy sometimes and every bit of muscle I had was just lost. I don't have a problem with pushing myself, just need direction on what I need to take. Again, THANK YOU so much for taking time out of your day, to answer my questions.
You're very welcome.

I'm glad to help and if you have any questions, just let me know. I'm glad to answer them and if you have any that are more private in nature, you're welcome to message me privately and I'll answer any and give you my contact information.

You mentioned the nerve pain being crazy sometimes - if that is in the surgery related areas, I would highly suggest Xtreme Performance Gels CurcuPrime Gel. In the area where my leg is so damaged, I went through a process of the nerves 'waking up' which was brutal and there is lasting nerve damage, and CurcuPrime Gel helps a lot with it. It also helps with localized inflammation too. It's not a pain relief cream, it actually helps attack the root cause of the pain itself.

It's 38.99 for 100 ml and the suggested use is 1 to 4 ml per day:

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi sns8778,
I wanted to add a little more detail to my personal approach.

Pain is such an individualized thing and there are so many different types of pain. That's why I wanted to make sure to break it down and address the different types bc the most effective way to tackle it is from multiple angles.

I approach the pain aspects for me of covering:
  • Joint health/joint pain - Joint Support XT (Joint Edge is great too)
  • Muscle Health - Pepti-Plex, Recovery Fix, and Creatine HCI
  • Inflammation - Recovery Fix, PEA Relief, and Theracurmin XT
  • Nerve Health - the PEA Relief and Recovery Fix carries over to help with this.
Since you said that you are detail oriented, I'll be very detailed in how I break this next part down. I'm very analytical and detail oriented myself. I always break down things and look at them from a cost per day standpoint.

From a price standpoint, there are frequent 20% off sales and there are also discounted multi-packs that already save a lot that are 20% to 30% off during the sales too - these are the best savings and are 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month supplies for people that depend on the products.

The July 4th sales will start in the next couple days and will be 20% off on any purchases including the discounted multi-packs and 30% off Muscle Addiction orders of 300.00+ and 30% off SNS orders of 500.00+. The sale codes will be july4th20 and july4th30.
Some people when I post my pain management strategy will say 'oh, that's too much to spend' and my reply that I think, but normally don't say is that if its not worth it to you to spend 4.50 to 5.00 per day to help feel better and be out of as much pain as possible, I'm truly happy for you bc at a certain level of pain, its well worth it.

Heck, a whole years worth of all of it costs me less than a months worth of my physical therapy did bc of my insurance having a max cap for the physical therapy benefits.

Worst case this costs me 5.29 per day.
Best case this costs me 4.43 per day.

That's less than most people spend on fast food or at the convenience store on an average day.

Robo1960

Robo1960

Awards
Thank you very much Sir, I guess what people don't understand is that when you are not in our position it is easy to look at something and say man that costs a lot of money, and don't get me wrong it is but so is going to see doctors, I am willing to pay for something that works as apposed to something that does not. I have already met my out-of-pocket a month half ago, going to see doctors. The nerve pain, I can best describe as being attacked by a swarm of wasps, something that will get your attention very quickly, doctors say that is normal, 3 plus years out of having knees done. I ask them when they had theirs done and they reply they haven't had theirs done so I ask them what is normal, don't get me wrong, there are some very good doctors out there, I just haven't seen that many.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think Steve already probably wrote out more than I could hope to do, but some personal presences from my experiences before.

Post surgery we currently like to recommend Curcumin (I personally also like Curcugel locally for more troubled areas in conjunction with a solid oral version) and fish oil, then depending on the particular issue something like Tart Cherry for helping with training recovery and possibly Collagen as part of supplementary protein intake.

This is more of the generic “baseline”, but then some of the things already mentioned that I’ve seen beneficial, especially depending on the needs, are PeptiStrong (SNS Peptiplex) for muscle recovery, joint recovery, and more beneficial training response, PEA for overall recovery and nerve pain relief, and KSM-66/Sensoril (a good standardized ash extract) to help with stress (lots of research on the biosocial relationship of pain so anything to decrease stress and stress response to things may be beneficial) and I’ve even seen some research specifically on knee/joint pain improvement with ash.

Robo1960

Robo1960

Awards
I think Steve already probably wrote out more than I could hope to do, but some personal presences from my experiences before.

Post surgery we currently like to recommend Curcumin (I personally also like Curcugel locally for more troubled areas in conjunction with a solid oral version) and fish oil, then depending on the particular issue something like Tart Cherry for helping with training recovery and possibly Collagen as part of supplementary protein intake.

This is more of the generic “baseline”, but then some of the things already mentioned that I’ve seen beneficial, especially depending on the needs, are PeptiStrong (SNS Peptiplex) for muscle recovery, joint recovery, and more beneficial training response, PEA for overall recovery and nerve pain relief, and KSM-66/Sensoril (a good standardized ash extract) to help with stress (lots of research on the biosocial relationship of pain so anything to decrease stress and stress response to things may be beneficial) and I’ve even seen some research specifically on knee/joint pain improvement with ash.
Hi Resolve10,
Thank you for the reply, it is crazy how much stuff is out there, I am having to look this stuff up that you guys are suggesting as I have never heard about it before. I was taking protein and doing the vitamins and trying to eat healthy and seeing some ok gains but boy things are a lot different than my thinking lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Good post. And that's one thing I love about Recovery Fix is that it has the PEA and Tart Cherry both in one product + HICA which is great for muscle soreness and pain. I think a lot of people overlook just how loaded that product is:

Muscle Addition Recovery Fix-2022 (SUPP FACTS) 2.png

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you very much Sir, I guess what people don't understand is that when you are not in our position it is easy to look at something and say man that costs a lot of money, and don't get me wrong it is but so is going to see doctors, I am willing to pay for something that works as apposed to something that does not. I have already met my out-of-pocket a month half ago, going to see doctors. The nerve pain, I can best describe as being attacked by a swarm of wasps, something that will get your attention very quickly, doctors say that is normal, 3 plus years out of having knees done. I ask them when they had theirs done and they reply they haven't had theirs done so I ask them what is normal, don't get me wrong, there are some very good doctors out there, I just haven't seen that many.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with doctors.

I've had some terrible experiences with doctors when first trying to figure out my autoimmune condition. I also had a terrible experience with physical therapists afterwards after my accident. My experience with my surgeon was good for me, but some people probably wouldn't have liked him - I respected that he was blunt, that he was willing to do a surgery that most wouldn't bc of the risks and he told me the risks and that my best chance of walking again was also my best chance of not making it thru the surgery, and that if I did, how bad the recovery was going to be.

The pain of the nerves waking up was much like you described. I'm not sure if that's you experience or if that's them just continuing to fire, but its rough. CurcuPrime Gel helped me with that a lot.

Robo1960

Robo1960

Awards
Strange thing is that my right knee, even though not great, it's not as bad as my left. Coming down steps, it feels like a rubber band being popped on the side and front of my knee, like a tendon stretching and popping as you can tell not a fan of knee replacement, too many issues 3 yrs after