Normal Total T, Normal SHBG and Estradiol.. but low Free T??? why?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Got my bloodwork back. Im not on TRT. for some reason everything looks fine besides my free T. any idea why that might be?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got my bloodwork back. Im not on TRT. for some reason everything looks fine besides my free T. any idea why that might be?

View attachment 238080View attachment 238079
Your total testosterone is on the mid to lower side of the normal range, your estrogen is on the lower side of the normal range so it makes perfect sense that your free t is on the lower side of the normal range.

I also think the "normal range" is bullshit. Someone absolutely can have natural test levess 1200-1500, 250-1000 or whatever the like to say is the range is a blanket to cover everyone from teens to 100 year old men.

500 is "normal" but still on the low side unless your 50+ years old, and even then, id want mine higher "unless i felt great already"

So i would look into increasing total t and maybe a little boron and to lower shgb. A high protein, high fat diet may be benificial to lower shgb as well.

some enclo and a well thought out test booster with some quality ingredients would probably have everything top of the range in a month or so.

Whats your bf% and sleep looking like? Improving sleep and being lean and healthy (not shredded, not 20%+ but healthy. 10-15% will improve some of the numbers as well

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your total testosterone is on the mid to lower side of the normal range, your estrogen is on the lower side of the normal range so it makes perfect sense that your free t is on the lower side of the normal range.

I also think the "normal range" is bullshit. Someone absolutely can have natural test levess 1200-1500, 250-1000 or whatever the like to say is the range is a blanket to cover everyone from teens to 100 year old men.

500 is "normal" but still on the low side unless your 50+ years old, and even then, id want mine higher "unless i felt great already"

So i would look into increasing total t and maybe a little boron and to lower shgb. A high protein, high fat diet may be benificial to lower shgb as well.

some enclo and a well thought out test booster with some quality ingredients would probably have everything top of the range in a month or so.

Whats your bf% and sleep looking like? Improving sleep and being lean and healthy (not shredded, not 20%+ but healthy. 10-15% will improve some of the numbers as well
Given that his shgb isn't that high, what would lowering it do? My shgb and free test are both all the way at the highest end of the range. I want to lower my shgb to make more of my free test available but I haven't seemed to be able to successfully do so.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

sleep is good. BF, not sure id guess 12%? I workout 3-4 times a week and eat pretty healthily, mainly chicken, steak, carbs like pasta rice and bread and fruits and vegetables.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Excatly. I wish most MDs understood this.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In all honesty when I was on TRT I felt great at 1200 ng/dl. and I was only taking 105 mg a week with no hcg or AI

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
In all honesty when I was on TRT I felt great at 1200 ng/dl. and I was only taking 105 mg a week with no hcg or AI
Oooooo, i think i rember now, you came off for fertility or something? So you bounced back amd maintained these since then??? Thats actually not bad!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Given that his shgb isn't that high, what would lowering it do? My shgb and free test are both all the way at the highest end of the range. I want to lower my shgb to make more of my free test available but I haven't seemed to be able to successfully do so.
It probably wouldnt do anything right now. But if he was to bring up his total t and estrogen with something like enclo and maybe a test booster then a total t increase is usually Accompanied by a rise in shbg.

So you bring up test and estrogen a bit and thats gonna raise shbg a bit and then if your free t is still low then now you might be in a position to use boron or something for this.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What have you been using for lowering shbg

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What have you been using for lowering shbg
I've tried stuff like tongkat ali, stinging nettle... tried that Iforce product, Testabolan, etc. But my SHBG remains at 55.9 and my free test is around 24.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've tried stuff like tongkat ali, stinging nettle... tried that Iforce product, Testabolan, etc. But my SHBG remains at 55.9 and my free test is around 24.
Can you get your hands on any proviron?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I loved testabolan.. takes a few months to kick in but overall a good sup. that said... continued use of hyperion will outright smoke that formula.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I loved testabolan.. takes a few months to kick in but overall a good sup. that said... continued use of hyperion will outright smoke that formula.
I didn't say it was a bad product but it hasn't lowered my SHBG. Haven't tried Hyperion yet but have tried several other Apex products and like their line of products.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your TT + SHBG -> Free T looks to be pretty much in line. At least comparing to blood test results, where the Free T is calculated with the TT and SHBG level values.

A lot of the test is also bind to albumin, but the binding is 'weaker', than of SHBG's. Not sure how that reflects on blood test reading, but Albumin bound test is biologically inactive, so I'd guess it doesn't read as Free T.

Trying to increase TT and trying to lower SHBG could be some courses of action. Boron, Tongat Ali, Hyperion, Arimahex are some possible things to try for lowering SHBG/increasing Free T.

Last edited:

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Alright so my shbg was always sky high. Pushing 70 sometimes. I ran accutane for 6 months to kill my acne and now i have normal shbg. Its Strange. Never had shbg this low unless i was taking test. Its strange

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

View attachment 238080View attachment 238079
The guys on excelmale forum believe that type of free testosterone test is bogus and the one that actually reflects true levels is... "Testosterone, Total, LC/MS and Free (Equilibrium Dialysis)".

In my own testing, I've had the same total and free with that type of test, and a week later, no dose change, same total test but free test at higher end of midrange which is more then half the entire range. My shgb is a lot lower than yours, so i don't you'd be that much different, but check out that other forum out at least research type of tests.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The guys on excelmale forum believe that type of free testosterone test is bogus and the one that actually reflects true levels is... "Testosterone, Total, LC/MS and Free (Equilibrium Dialysis)".

In my own testing, I've had the same total and free with that type of test, and a week later, no dose change, same total test but free test at higher end of midrange which is more then half the entire range. My shgb is a lot lower than yours, so i don't you'd be that much different, but check out that other forum out at least research type of tests.
Ill try to give it a try next time i get bloodwork