TomCat's H-Drol Diarrhea...

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
who the hell are you? i eat 5'10" 205lb guys for a mid-day snack...225 or die? AWWW, such a LITTLE GUY :(
Stop while you are ahead Tom...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey man... I'm going to give you your due on the leg press... Form wasn't great, but f*ck - that's a lot of weight.

1. You guys need to chill a bit on the TomKat.
2. TomKat - you can push a lot of weight... but these guys are right... If you work on your form, your growth will explode.
3. I want to f*ck the girl tossing the medicine ball around in the distance of your squat video... Tell her Timber said "holla".

I'm pretty sure 98% of the guys on here couldn't leg press or squat anywhere near those weights, even with weak form.. So balance out the advice from the hate - and keep killin it.
I agree, people dont get better by getting mad at them so calling people down in the name of "help" is rediculous.
I dont always agree with guys on the forum, in fact there are a few who i always seem to be on the wrong side of somehow.
Tomkat you seem like a nice guy, your going hard, puttin in the time and from the sweat of your brow you will continue to advance.
Its hard to give guys advice because people get their backs up and its a sword fight and lift competition.
Consider for a second that by you posting vids, guys with decades of experience can help you save years of learning owith small adjustments and changes. I myself am no "expert" but have found my own version of success and do quite well i feel.
In the end some people are just confused and they are the ones who will swear, puff their chest and belittle you if you let them and in this thread i am quite impressed that you havent really let it affect you.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
See the funny part is you have 30 pounds on me but I can out lift you. Hmmm. If I were as fat as you I'd probably be 230 also. Oh wait, you have 4 inches on me and only 30 pounds? LOL I'll let you talk **** if it makes you feel better about yourself.
sorry bud! I had a lil roid rage goin...please forgive:box:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
sorry bud! I had a lil roid rage goin...please forgive:box:
Good call my man. I like it when everyone is friendly around here... remember: LEARN, TEACH, LEAD.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
drummaboyzl is in a weaksauce category all his own... :nono:
man uncalled for. yall are bringing up negative comments on someone who isnt even here to defend himself. He has come a long way since beginning.

to TOM: nice to see you again man, i see everything is going good. Lifts are definitely up there in weight so congrats! work on the form though...once you get correct form just watch how easy the numbers come. goood luck man!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
man uncalled for. yall are bringing up negative comments on someone who isnt even here to defend himself. He has come a long way since beginning.

to TOM: nice to see you again man, i see everything is going good. Lifts are definitely up there in weight so congrats! work on the form though...once you get correct form just watch how easy the numbers come. goood luck man!
TEXAS! wuts up bro? I was gonna send you a PM to see how everything was goin with school and wut not. yea i know my form was bad on those squats, it was after i killed myself on leg press...no one seems to recognize those, hows college goin?

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
todays chest boys...im thinking 105 lb Incline DB for a new PR?

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
weight is at 237, havent lost one pound, and still gaining strength!
DB Incline
80x10
95x10
105x8 *PR* video
Flat BB
225x10
265x5
205x12
Incline BB
135x18
185x13
205x8
Superset; Cable Flys & Xtra Wide Bench-Machine
40 lb for cable flyes & 130 lb for machine press
Abs
35 lb plate on chest for 20 w/B.W. for 20 decline crunch
cable crunch 3x20

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
TEXAS! wuts up bro? I was gonna send you a PM to see how everything was goin with school and wut not. yea i know my form was bad on those squats, it was after i killed myself on leg press...no one seems to recognize those, hows college goin?
the adjustment has been hell, but all is going fairly well for the moment. its alright though man keep at it....only time will tell true results. nice to see you got this going after long waiting...haha. how was the prior runs and all? keep it up man ill be in here till the end from now on!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
even though people are saying my spotter did the last 4...thanx guys! off to do back, be back later

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
dude I read this entire thread and I must say I am very impressed. F*ck all teh haters that doubted you to begin with, im glad you posted up your videos.

As you know, I too am going to start a cycle within the next month or so after this cut. I use this thread as both motivation and a wealth of info

Nice job again buddy :)

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
even though people are saying my spotter did the last 4...thanx guys! off to do back, be back later
Are you a powerlifter or a bodybuilder?

I am a bodybuilder. F*ck it if your spotter helped you. That means you hit MAXIMUM effort. You COULDN'T push harder. That is when your muscles grow. Stop worrying about the weight/reps, start worrying about the effort put forth/growth!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Are you a powerlifter or a bodybuilder?

I am a bodybuilder. F*ck it if your spotter helped you. That means you hit MAXIMUM effort. You COULDN'T push harder. That is when your muscles grow. Stop worrying about the weight/reps, start worrying about the effort put forth/growth!
today I went into the gym with this mentality, and prob had one of the best back workouts in a long time!:woohoo:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Lat Pulldown
110x12
120x10
140x8
T-Bar
3 platesx12
3 platesx12
2 platesx12
V-Handle Pulldown
120x12
120x12
120x12
100x12
Cable Row
100x12
130x10
140x8
Superset of BB Row and DB Pullover
225 BB Row, 50 lb DB Pullover, 2 sets to failure

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Some unusually low weights for the TomKat... Is that your usual Lat Pulldown weight?

1000 lb leg press, and 140 on the pulldown? :think:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some unusually low weights for the TomKat... Is that your usual Lat Pulldown weight?

I think he went too far in the opposite direction. Everybody's been telling him to lighten up the weights and concentrate on form. Both which he should do. But I think he lightened 'em up too much. You still have to stimulate those muscles TomCat.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I think he went too far in the opposite direction. Everybody's been telling him to lighten up the weights and concentrate on form. Both which he should do. But I think he lightened 'em up too much. You still have to stimulate those muscles TomCat.
Agreed. Even my pansy ass can pull 140.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I know...I might have gone too light, I had to force myself to stop on some sets, I got a good pump though :/ well tomorrow is legs...gonna work on gettin looooowww :squat:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I know...I might have gone too light, I had to force myself to stop on some sets, I got a good pump though :/ well tomorrow is legs...gonna work on gettin looooowww :squat:
Buudy it doesnt really matter what you lift, you will know it when your muscles get jacked full of blood that its the right weight.

If you get lower on legs you will get super thrashed, on 50-60% of the weight guaranteed.

Make sure you keep your abs tight on these lower weights (assuming it takes less weight) its just a wicked time to solidify your core, back to the draawing board buuddy.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Buudy it doesnt really matter what you lift, you will know it when your muscles get jacked full of blood that its the right weight.

If you get lower on legs you will get super thrashed, on 50-60% of the weight guaranteed.

Make sure you keep your abs tight on these lower weights (assuming it takes less weight) its just a wicked time to solidify your core, back to the draawing board buuddy.
yuppp yuppp

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established

I don't think he did anything wrong. We have all told him to drop the weight, and I bet his form was immaculate at these weights. As he gains confidence with his form I am sure the weights will adjust in the upcoming weeks. I for one am pleasantly surprised to see TomKat's numbers. Like SWG said, you just need a good pump from weight to grow... I can get a great workout from a 30lb dumbbell, it just takes more reps/concentration. As for Tom's goals of dropping BF%, he is on the right track.

Cheers Tom, Great Job! :thumbsup:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I don't think he did anything wrong. We have all told him to drop the weight, and I bet his form was immaculate at these weights. As he gains confidence with his form I am sure the weights will adjust in the upcoming weeks. I for one am pleasantly surprised to see TomKat's numbers. Like SWG said, you just need a good pump from weight to grow... I can get a great workout from a 30lb dumbbell, it just takes more reps/concentration. As for Tom's goals of dropping BF%, he is on the right track.

Cheers Tom, Great Job! :thumbsup:
GMG, your right! on some of my lighter sets I went slow and focused on the contraction, and the negative=HUGE PUMP, I could almost feel every muscle fiber being torn:head:

....i think people sometimes forget how important the negative portion of a rep is, just my .02 cents:think:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
GMG, your right! on some of my lighter sets I went slow and focused on the contraction, and the negative=HUGE PUMP, I could almost feel every muscle fiber being torn:head:

....i think people sometimes forget how important the negative portion of a rep is, just my .02 cents:think:
The negative portion is extremely important. If you don't hold your muscle contraction during the negative portion you are losing out on a ton of gains. I think it has to do with new oxygen getting into the muscles, but i could be wrong...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The negative portion is extremely important. If you don't hold your muscle contraction during the negative portion you are losing out on a ton of gains. I think it has to do with new oxygen getting into the muscles, but i could be wrong...
A question when thinking about the amount of weight to lift.

ARe you in the gym to get the most effective workout, gain the most mass and stregth, make the most progress?

OR

Lift certain weights because its what you should do and its about the numbers?

Numbers and weights can be refective of gain and progress but the measuring device becomes important only to track progress not to create it.

Buddy i always do a slow negative its 1/2 of the lift!!!!!!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
well yesterday's leg workout was good and bad...
Squat
315x10
355x4-felt very lethargic
305x10
285x12
Leg Press
800x20
800x12
Extensions
150x16
150x16
150x16
Calf's
3 platesx18
4 platesx16
4 platesx16
3 platesx12

weight is at 236 still!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
It was weird, I went into the gym with a good mind set, and warmed up really nice, but then I started to worry way too much about my form...then I lost my focus, would take a break, drop the weight, and crush out some more reps, I can surely safe most of my sets were to positive failure. I decided to do wut we call a 'widow maker' on my first set of leg press...which exhausted me more. The leg ext. felt great, and my calves were pumped like never before...got Tri's and Bi's today!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
also** I took 3 scoops of N.O. explode...mid way throught my squats I felt light headed, had a migraine, felt queasy and tired

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Too much NOXplode dude... You're going to give yourself an anuerism.

Are you trying to lower your weight? What's your cardio look like now? Diet?

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
also** I took 3 scoops of N.O. explode...mid way throught my squats I felt light headed, had a migraine, felt queasy and tired
LOL... no sh*t huh?!

Dude, 3 scoops of NOXplode has a HUGE amount of caffeine in it... enough to make you queasy and yes, plenty enough to give you a headache. Try 1 and a half or two at the most... you don't want to downgrade your adrenal sensors anyway.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These warriors are giving you sound advice tomcat. Use it wisely. We all have your best interest at heart. Honestly. By the way, that's insane on those widowmaker leg presses. 800 X 20!! The best I ever managed was 600 X 20. But I went super deep with 'em. It gets hard after rep 15 or so. Keep up the good work dude. :head:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Im goin to update this later, sorry, ive been really busy

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Too much NOXplode dude... You're going to give yourself an anuerism.

Are you trying to lower your weight? What's your cardio look like now? Diet?
havent really started cardio yet...diet is clean, mainly salads, protein shakes, bagels, chiken, beef, and milk...lots of water

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
These warriors are giving you sound advice tomcat. Use it wisely. We all have your best interest at heart. Honestly. By the way, that's insane on those widowmaker leg presses. 800 X 20!! The best I ever managed was 600 X 20. But I went super deep with 'em. It gets hard after rep 15 or so. Keep up the good work dude. :head:
they were intense....my man ironbear was spotting me

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
DB Overhead Press
100x12
100x10
110x10
120x10 *PR*
Cable Pushdown
100x12
100x12
120x10
DB Kickback
20x12
20x12
EZ Bar Curl
90x12
110x10
130x10
160x5 *PR*
Sitting DB Curl
45x10
45x10
55x10
60x8-Drop set
40x13
Concentration Curl
20x14
30x10
30x10

weight is still at 236! goin to do shoulders in a hour or so...and some cardio after

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
i can't imagine you doing 160 pounds on the curl properly. LOL, sorry

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: never mind i misread somthing. Nice workout. I love overheads but see guys doing 2-3" reps all the time, lol.

Thats a long azz day!!!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
i can't imagine you doing 160 pounds on the curl properly. LOL, sorry
oh NOO, they were deff cheat curls, but overhead press was clean, my triceps are strong as hell. Next video? thanx for the idea somewhatgifted:duel:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
oh NOO, they were deff cheat curls, but overhead press was clean, my triceps are strong as hell. Next video? thanx for the idea somewhatgifted:duel:
cable curls again?