To Infinity.... and Beyond!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dinner wasn't bad.....

I still can't believe this all inclusive. The quality is phenomenal.

Mussles, seafood tartare, and tuna steak.

View attachment 240292View attachment 240293View attachment 240294
Amazing! Living the good life. I'd say I'm jealous, but I'm honestly just psyched for you right now.  Great gym view and good job getting in a workout. Last trip I took I had all the intentions of lifting and couldn't motivate myself to step away. So, do as I say, not as I do! I have used a Smith like that before. Think they call it a 3D Smith machine? It does take some getting used to mostly because you expect it to act like a normal Smith machine.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm home...
Glad I got Steve to stock me up in January. Cracked open a bottle of anabolic effect.

Started back to reality with:

Optimize T
Anabolic Effect
Ultra Epi for fun
Strong does of preWO with some potentent beta alanine

Bench
2 x 15 x 95
10 x 135
6 x 185
3 x 215, 235, 255
1 x 270, 285

Slingshot
1 x 300
4 x 275

Raw
3 x 5 x 225
10 x 195
16 x 135 (long pause the last 5)

Inclines
3 x 10 x 95
(Wide grip, slow, form/TUT)

CG incline BP
3 x 5 x 135
(First time trying these so I really didn't know an appropriate weight or rep scheme for me)

DB Laterals
2 x 10 x 30s
2 x 10 x 35s

Straight bar cable tri push downs
6 x 90, 120, 150lbs (no rest)
6 x 172.5, 200 (full stack)

+Dropsets:
10 x 150lbs, 100lbs
15 x 80lbs (no rest)

Tricep cable pull downs
3 sets

Seated dips (seated reverse)
3 sets to failure

Notes
Left to vacation at a dehydrated 187
Got home at a bloated 195. So if guess my legit weight once I flush some water is like 191-192. We really didn't eat that poorly and shared any super high calorie meals like we always do.

Bench felt very very good today despite not being any type of PR day.

Screenshot_2024-02-18-08-20-15-73_d6adedf4d711c7601603723b834e942e.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-18-10-15-53-72_801c3494cc30bc6d615367769f98046d.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This really good looking chick with huge knockers was seated backwards on the dip machine and it blew my mind. So I walk over to ask about it and she starts making out with this dude about 100lbs bigger than me.

Being the respectful man I am I said sorry to break up your PDA but....

So we started talking dips, I strapped in backwards since I can't lock my knees under the pads that way and holy cow. The tricep isolation was intense with far less shoulder involvement. I'm sold. Awesome movement.

I feel like these reverse seated dips could double the size of my triceps.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ll have to try those backwards seated dips sometime, thanks for sharing!
he said it was a Mike O'hearn tip, and ironically the first clip I pulled of Mike O'hearn was regular position seated dips. But I really felt like only my triceps were getting hit, and the full tricep. for reference I usually run 2 plates per side so +180lbs easily for 15 or 20 reps and will work up to 8-10 reps at maybe +270 or something. But in this reverse position 2 plates per side for a set of 10 was crazy hard comparatively!

You also flew - flying can cause some water retention on its own sometimes.
That's true, and salty foods were a foundation of my eating the past week. As much as I travel I may need to learn some better travel hacks. 4-5hrs in the air is my comfortable upper limit. shoe laces starting feeling uncomfortable on my ankles, I start getting overheated. My wife and I have talked about saving up for a Thailand trip but man.... it's like 13hrs+ to Taipai or Singapore, then another 3-5hrs into either Bangkok or Samui etc. I have no idea how I would even survive a 13hr+ long flight.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My wife and I have talked about saving up for a Thailand trip but man.... it's like 13hrs+ to Taipai or Singapore, then another 3-5hrs into either Bangkok or Samui etc. I have no idea how I would even survive a 13hr+ long flight.
What's nice about these long flights is that you can more comfortably get up and pace around, the planes are enormous. I flew nonstop from NC to Germany, and granted I took so many dramamine the walls were crawling, I got up to do a few laps around the plane. I hate inconveniencing others so much that I usually just wallow in my own misery in my seat, totally sucks.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hate inconveniencing others so much that I usually just wallow in my own misery in my seat, totally sucks.
I'm the same way, I have to be at the point of feeling like I'm going to explode to even get up to use the airplane bathroom lol. an isle seat is nice though cause if I'm in the window seat I'm probably just going to sit there and pee in a bottle 😅

What's nice about these long flights is that you can more comfortably get up and pace around, the planes are enormous.
That's a good point, I should take a look at what planes they have on the schedule. My wife's hair cutter/stylist/person is Vietnamese and goes back to Asia a LOT. he's doing a big Thailand trip soon and said he was springing for first class, my wife says... oh maybe we should just bite the bullet and do that! so I looked it up and a trip that would cost like $6-8k TOTAL suddenly becomes like $12k per person JUST for the flights LOL. there's no way I can stomach that price or the idea of paying like 10x more for plane tickets than the entire rest of the vacation costs lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's true, and salty foods were a foundation of my eating the past week. As much as I travel I may need to learn some better travel hacks. 4-5hrs in the air is my comfortable upper limit. shoe laces starting feeling uncomfortable on my ankles, I start getting overheated. My wife and I have talked about saving up for a Thailand trip but man.... it's like 13hrs+ to Taipai or Singapore, then another 3-5hrs into either Bangkok or Samui etc. I have no idea how I would even survive a 13hr+ long flight.
If you start heavily salting your food for a week or so prior to the trip, your body will adjust and stop holding so much water - it can kind of create a new normal, but you really have to be very consistent overall leading up to it.

As far as hacks, I picked some up from a Brian Shaw video. I always wear a looser fitting thin black tshirt, with black gym shorts. I don’t care if it’s dead of winter and I freeze for 10 minutes getting into/leaving the airport; it’s heated in the airport and plane so if I wear a coat, pants, tight apparel I’m going to be hot as hell. Hot + confined = torture. Black also hides sweat well on long flights, as well as food stains or when you spill water on yourself inevitably in a confined space.

I generally fast, as being more tired makes the ride more tolerable. I may have black coffee because I love it, but that’s a commitment I only make for short flights 2.5 hours or less. Long trips, I need to try to nap if at all possible. Because I can’t sleep for crap on planes.

Compression socks are an option for the legs on long flights. You can also go with soft loose sweatpants to cover them, and you can wear slides over them instead and shoes. I normally do flip flops, or tennis shoes for shorter flights or if I expect tons of walking still after the flight. Flops are awesome at security, but I get some people can’t handle their bare feet on the floor. Also nice to be shoeless at your seat.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As far as hacks, I picked some up from a Brian Shaw video. I always wear a looser fitting thin black tshirt, with black gym shorts. I don’t care if it’s dead of winter and I freeze for 10 minutes getting into/leaving the airport; it’s heated in the airport and plane so if I wear a coat, pants, tight apparel I’m going to be hot as hell. Hot + confined = torture.
those are good suggestions. I did go down in Jeans and a hoodie because it was snowing up here when we left but mostly I was comfortable. Ironically I wore shorts on my way home and sweated far more.

Black also hides sweat well on long flights
that's really smart, I should have done that.

I generally fast, as being more tired makes the ride more tolerable. I may have black coffee because I love it, but that’s a commitment I only make for short flights 2.5 hours or less.
I'm the same way. for some reason though on an airplane is the one time that coffee seems to almost make me sleepier. like my brain knows it's part of the routine now when flying. get coffee, pull out book, fall asleep 3 pages in lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What no pre-prison stock up on test deaconate? I hear that some guys will push several grams of long acting Test that keep them elevated for several months when they first get sentenced. I am sure it isn't super healthy in the amounts they do it for, but it does the job of keeping / getting them jacked in the interim.

Also, welcome to the Xander Zone, you are now Triple XXX! Things are getting real when they just hand you stuff like that at the Pharmacia! I remember how aggressive they were with me about that stuff too. Of course I was younger and wearing a stringer so I was looking the part for sure. LOL

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, welcome to the Xander Zone, you are now Triple XXX! Things are getting real when they just hand you stuff like that at the Pharmacia! I remember how aggressive they were with me about that stuff too. Of course I was younger and wearing a stringer so I was looking the part for sure. LOL
dude body dysmorphia is so real. the whole time cutting down in January, being depleted and dehydrated at times I felt like I was getting so skinny, but I'd see myself in the mirror at times in Mx and I was like I'm freaking yoked! 😅

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What no pre-prison stock up on test deaconate? I hear that some guys will push several grams of long acting Test that keep them elevated for several months when they first get sentenced. I am sure it isn't super healthy in the amounts they do it for, but it does the job of keeping / getting them jacked in the interim.

“So I walk up to the biggest guy in there and smash his jaw to pieces on the first day”

It all makes sense now 🤣

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but what do you do when it runs out eventually and you have to restart with no Tamoxifen? Guaranteed trip to Titty City!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up
3 rounds of
DB rows > DB curls > DB RDLs

Deads
5 x 135, 225, 275, 315
3 x 365
1 x 405
10 x 225

BB rows
3 x 10 x 135

Superset with lat pull downs
3 x 10+

EZ bar curls
3 x 10

Notes
Holy busy gym Batman!
Today was a bit more grindy after getting to be at work around 5:45am and no real time to take a lunch break etc but got the work in.

Felt heavy today! And winded!
I was gonna take tomorrow off but I think I'll throw in extra leg work.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Squats
10 x bar, 95
5 x 135, 185, 225
3 x 250, 275
5 x 225
10 x 135
(First ever hamstring cramp, ha)

Front squats
3 x 10 x 95

Leg extensions
3 x 10+

Leg curls
3 x 10+

Notes
Not a lot of productive training in Feb. Needed my token squats.
Wife had her last surgery Thursday so we've been sorta in lockdown past four days tending to that but her recovery is looking awesome and FAST. Only took oxy on day 1, none on day 2.

I did test drive an XT5 and an XT4 today. Honestly, loved the XT4. It's like a mini Cooper S on gear. Not sure I can wrap my head around car payments though, might just put the money into fixing up my truck instead ....

Weight

IMG20240225114540.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hope your wife has a good recovery from her surgery. The XT5 is a nice ride, but I would probably opt to fix up the truck.
That's kinda where I am too. I don't think I've ever had a monthly payment over $300 and the truck has been paid off for like 5 years. It needs a bit of work and I think transmission is needing repair from when a semi clipped it and drug it down the road 15-20ft in park, but fixing that = the down payment on the other car and has no monthly payment to follow....

My wife seems to be doing great! A little paranoia about opening up incision points so we've been tending to all that but her pain level is like a 1 out of 10, which blows my mind. Going to take her on her first out of house adventure here shortly.

The new hooters already look awesome even if they are wrapped in bandages and a little bloody lol. Definitely seems like the Dr did me a solid and slipped some bigger mommy milkers in there . He's a good bro, I owe him a beer

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad she’s doing well man!

Third vote here for staying out of debt and enjoying what you’ve already got going. The new cars today are getting more advanced tech, more efficient, better performance, but more and more things to fail/break that are NOT being built with longevity in mind. The way new home appliances are, really.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fix truck!!!! To Mr. Hyde’s point w appliances failing fast w a big price tag. I lived w my parents for 22 yrs and they had 1 tv that was replaced once. Sony Trinitron was silver w a metal remote. Second one was black w a plastic remote. Minimum of 15 yrs per tv

FIX TRUCK!!!

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
CRAZY doms today. clear evidence of how weird Feb has been, my legs are TRASHED lol

Third vote here for staying out of debt and enjoying what you’ve already got going. The new cars today are getting more advanced tech, more efficient, better performance, but more and more things to fail/break that are NOT being built with longevity in mind. The way new home appliances are, really.
Fix truck!!!! To Mr. Hyde’s point w appliances failing fast w a big price tag. I lived w my parents for 22 yrs and they had 1 tv that was replaced once. Sony Trinitron was silver w a metal remote. Second one was black w a plastic remote. Minimum of 15 yrs per tv

FIX TRUCK!!!
I agree 100% there. When the guy was comparing two models for me "this one is fully loaded with the full tech package bla bla bla" I was like dude, I just want a stereo and cruise control. All that other garbage breaks/fails/glitches out and adds to the cost of the car for junk I don't need/want/use 😅

Glad she is recovering swiftly so you can enjoy the fun bags!
dude it's so weird. in my youth I was not necessarily pro-cosmetic work, but holy **** these things are exciting 😅😅
feels like cheating on my wife with my wife 😅

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
CRAZY doms today. clear evidence of how weird Feb has been, my legs are TRASHED lol

I agree 100% there. When the guy was comparing two models for me "this one is fully loaded with the full tech package bla bla bla" I was like dude, I just want a stereo and cruise control. All that other garbage breaks/fails/glitches out and adds to the cost of the car for junk I don't need/want/use 😅

dude it's so weird. in my youth I was not necessarily pro-cosmetic work, but holy **** these things are exciting 😅😅
feels like cheating on my wife with my wife 😅
What is TRUCK? (I love lamp). 🤣🤣🤣

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it's great to be so busy, got to the office about 6am yesterday, didn't start the 2hr commute home till 4:30. But that said, could not fit in a session, todays DOMS are brutal from sundays squat session though. I haven't had doms like this in a very long time 😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
it's great to be so busy, got to the office about 6am yesterday, didn't start the 2hr commute home till 4:30. But that said, could not fit in a session, todays DOMS are brutal from sundays squat session though. I haven't had doms like this in a very long time
I was laying in bed last night trying to fall asleep, about 36 hours after my squat session, and realized my quads were just aching slowly. Hams & hips & back were alright, but the knees-forward hacks after my squats just smoked my quads.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
crazy week has not panned out as well as I thought.
yesterday got tied up with work stuff until late, today wife's follow up appt (all good!), race to work for huge meeting with customer and my phone blows up. my moms new horse, which she was soooo happy about (she looked like a kid smiling on it) bit the hell out of her, so dad sends me a picture of her wrapped in bloody gauze at the ER, I'm trying to juggle that in the meeting and he's beside himself so his communication isn't telling me anything... tonight will be a late night.

on the road a lot tomorrow visiting customers but SHOULD have a good post work session I think. I'm way overdo for bench and craving it. glad i threw in legs on Sunday to get the ball rolling. I'd rather miss a bench day than a legs day tbh.

all in all though it does feel like routines are sinking back into place slowly. I'm running a 48hr+ fast today since I knew I couldn't lift and I "think" i have correctly scheduled a blood draw for this afternoon. it's merely exploratory since I'm not on gear and haven't really been on anything for a month. I did have a lot to drink on our mexico trip, so I'm hoping that I have my system flushed enough for accurate results.

I was laying in bed last night trying to fall asleep, about 36 hours after my squat session, and realized my quads were just aching slowly. Hams & hips & back were alright, but the knees-forward hacks after my squats just smoked my quads.
there's a sense of satisfaction needing safety bars to sit down on a toilet. misery, but a sense of accomplishment. 😅

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had to stop at "my moms new horse". That's not something you hear every day, at least not here in the city!
ahaha we have had a few people out on the farm that had never seen real farm animals before and were terrified of calves, horses, even the bigger dogs lol. Mom is doing well, but did need 13 stiches above her eye brow. it was a pretty good attack. first time we've ever seen a horse do that.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ahaha we have had a few people out on the farm that had never seen real farm animals before and were terrified of calves, horses, even the bigger dogs lol. Mom is doing well, but did need 13 stiches above her eye brow. it was a pretty good attack. first time we've ever seen a horse do that.
Dang that’s crazy glad she is doing well and ok. Horse bites are no joke I got bit in the arm way back in the day. Was carrying hay in the crook of my arm and one tried to get some but got my arm as well, bruised like a mofo and sore as hell for a week.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad your Mom is ok….we live around numerous farms, and our neighbors across the road have several horses and cattle. One day my wife text me a video of 4 of their horses walking around our front yard and she was feeding them apples. She was able to get them to follow her to the gate and lured them back in the pasture. A large limb had fallen on the fence on the other side and they had gotten over. Thankfully one of their sons was home and was able to repair the fence.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Finally got in.

Bench
2 x 10 x bar
10 x 95, 135, 185
5 x 205, 225,
1 x 245, 255
5 x 225
10 x 185

Inclines
10 x 95
3 x 5 x 135
5 x 155
1 x 175
5 x 135

Seated dips
1 x 10
Reverse seated
3 x 10+

Damage control. Sorta... My lack of training in Feb is showing.
Weight 190

The upside is halfway through my weakness was pissing me off and my motivation to fix that is firing up.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally got in.

Bench
2 x 10 x bar
10 x 95, 135, 185
5 x 205, 225,
1 x 245, 255
5 x 225
10 x 185

Inclines
10 x 95
3 x 5 x 135
5 x 155
1 x 175
5 x 135

Seated dips
1 x 10
Reverse seated
3 x 10+

Damage control. Sorta... My lack of training in Feb is showing.
Weight 190

The upside is halfway through my weakness was pissing me off and my motivation to fix that is firing up.
Sometime that is the best motivation to kick it up

Nice session.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sometime that is the best motivation to kick it up

Nice session.
discipline > routine > motivation

my wife texted me right as I was starting at the gym asking when I'd be home, she clearly was up to something. so I did cut that session a little short so I could shower at the gym. Good move. Walked in the door to my wife all done up and ready for a date night. Hard to believe she had her surgery just 8 days prior!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
discipline > routine > motivation

my wife texted me right as I was starting at the gym asking when I'd be home, she clearly was up to something. so I did cut that session a little short so I could shower at the gym. Good move. Walked in the door to my wife all done up and ready for a date night. Hard to believe she had her surgery just 8 days prior!
That’s awesome she’s already feeling better, and I’m sure you’ve been ready for the new knockers.
( . ) ( . )

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up

DB RDLs, curls, rows

Deads
10 x 135
2 x 5 x 225
3 x 275, 315
1 x 355, 385, 415
8 x 315

RDLs
10 x 225

BB rows
10 x 135

T bar rows
3 x 10

Superset with

Ez bar curls
3 x 10

Super fast abbreviated session but I figure let's get more small sessions and less gaps between work.

Weight 190

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This really good looking chick with huge knockers was seated backwards on the dip machine and it blew my mind. So I walk over to ask about it and she starts making out with this dude about 100lbs bigger than me.

Being the respectful man I am I said sorry to break up your PDA but....

So we started talking dips, I strapped in backwards since I can't lock my knees under the pads that way and holy cow. The tricep isolation was intense with far less shoulder involvement. I'm sold. Awesome movement.

I feel like these reverse seated dips could double the size of my triceps.
I gotta try this

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench day with the boy!

Warm up with 10lb plates
Laterals, reverse flies, forwards

Bench
10 x 95, 115, 135
3 x 185, 225, 225, 245

Slingshot
2 x 275
10 x 225

Raw
10 x 175

Seated dips (reverse and normal)
6 x 10-20

Tri cable push downs
3 sets to failure

Reverse flies (standing bent over)
15 x 25s, 30s

Machine flies
3 x 15
(Light and slow to drive blood into the tight areas of forward deltious region )

Kettlebell arm bars
X milde shoulder work.

Notes
Little tightness in right front delt, felt more like a bruise or muscle dom, but sore enough to watch.

Narrower grip raw, and the slingshot with normal grip both helped immensely. If I need to be more slingshot focused for a while, can do!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
really really glad I got yesterdays session in. today started with an engineering project at 5:30am. it's only 10am and I'm exhausted already, lots of dog and pony today. probably a client lunch + client dinner. Tomorrow evening life should be more normal though if I don't get in today.

surprisingly no real pain or doms today, the sore shoulders thing is just a weird thing I'll watch. I'm sure it's from last weeks awesome session after a Feb of very infrequent training.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap the gym is busy!!!

Like stand in line everywhere busy!

DB curls
3 sets

Double DB rows bent over
3 sets

RDLs
10 x 185
(Worked in with Rando)

Deads
5 x 225, 275
1 x 315, 355, 385, 405
10 x 315

Lat pull downs
3 x 10

Ez bar curls
3 x 10

Chin ups - varied grips
3 sets

More frequent shorter sessions is my goal
Left work at 4:15pm, at gym by 4:45, business dinner by 5:30pm

I see it as minimize the damage until time allows more seriousness.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
really really glad I got yesterdays session in. today started with an engineering project at 5:30am. it's only 10am and I'm exhausted already, lots of dog and pony today. probably a client lunch + client dinner. Tomorrow evening life should be more normal though if I don't get in today.

surprisingly no real pain or doms today, the sore shoulders thing is just a weird thing I'll watch. I'm sure it's from last weeks awesome session after a Feb of very infrequent training.
Sounds like my day we started a box culvert project and it was non stop from 7am to 5:30 pm. Sounds like the gym was packed but great short little session!