Thoughts on X-gels and Arachidonic acid in general?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you guys for the advice, much appreciated! I will go with 3x a week then.
Tbh I'd personally add in an extra day and dose them 4x a week. So essentially you would take a full serving on a non workout day.

My opinion...

PS I'm 2 weeks in and the gels are starting to completely blow me away man. For a non anabolic supp these bad boys really do what they say.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hey everybody.

Anyone have a recommendation on dosing older x-gels. I have a what looks like around 120 caps of whats left of it and I feel like finishing them up. I thought I bought the new ones when they were released but apparently I got this lower dosed batch. Much appreciated.
I can't remember the old X-gels dosing but you can just treat them like the new batch and adjust the dosing accordingly. Try 500mg-1g ArA (should say how much ArA per cap) and depending on how you respond and like to use them.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I have started back up on my X-Gels and have noticed something interesting.

Anyone experience or comment on their gums hurting? The past few days my gums have been very raw and hurting when I brush my teeth. I'm assuming because ArA is a pro inflammatory it's possible my gums may be a bit inflamed at the moment?
I have not seen reports on gingivitis on it at all :/ at least for me it has not caused this effect. Would love to hear some opinions on this, as far as I know ArA does require hypertrophy to promote inflammation.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Running ArA now at 2 grams per day and haven't noticed any issues with my gums at all.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
I have started back up on my X-Gels and have noticed something interesting.

Anyone experience or comment on their gums hurting? The past few days my gums have been very raw and hurting when I brush my teeth. I'm assuming because ArA is a pro inflammatory it's possible my gums may be a bit inflamed at the moment?
Yes, I definitely see this. I have mild gingivitis and noticed a lot more bleeding in my gums when I floss. I just made a comment to a friend the other day about this and stated that it was likely due to the ArA.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never heard anything about mouth issues with ArA. Odd.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Ive run x factor at 1g twice before, gonna try x-gels next and bump it to 1.5g pre. Safe to do so?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely Wils! Many go up to 2g preWO as well...
I do 1g non workout and 1.5 pre

I haven't dosed on off days before but may well try this with the x-gels in the near future. Looking at the numbers for 3 bottles at 1.5g per day works out quite nicely. Not quite the full 8 weeks but i don't think that would matter drastically?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I haven't dosed on off days before but may well try this with the x-gels in the near future. Looking at the numbers for 3 bottles at 1.5g per day works out quite nicely. Not quite the full 8 weeks but i don't think that would matter drastically?
It might ;) I'm wanting to extend my fifty days to enjoy the goodness of X-gels for longer. Long term results ie composition wise - maybe not BUT immediate results ie pump, strength yea you may want to entire fifty up to the very last day.

However, you can always order more later so 3 bottles will start you out nicely IMO with the option to get more pending results

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else experience increased appetite from ArA? Not so much during the day, but I'm starving post workout and throughout the rest if the night.

I always eat clean, but now find myself adding brownies and other junk to my nighttime cottage cheese (with banana / flavored casein / Splenda / berries). Sounds weird, but tastes great!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else experience increased appetite from ArA? Not so much during the day, but I'm starving post workout and throughout the rest if the night.

I always eat clean, but now find myself adding brownies and other junk to my nighttime cottage cheese (with banana / flavored casein / Splenda / berries). Sounds weird, but tastes great!
I don't think I've seen a log or heard from ArA users that they didn't have an increase in appetite. I'm running ArA now and my hunger increases throughout the day are insane. I am running Anabeta as well but have ran it before and it did increase hunger but now that I combined the two, I am constantly hungry.

Reactions: mw1
Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
It might ;) I'm wanting to extend my fifty days to enjoy the goodness of X-gels for longer. Long term results ie composition wise - maybe not BUT immediate results ie pump, strength yea you may want to entire fifty up to the very last day.

However, you can always order more later so 3 bottles will start you out nicely IMO with the option to get more pending results
3 bottles at 1.5g per day is fifty days worth :) but can always extend as you mention. Never used this dosing before never mind on off days too so really looking forward to it!

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I will try 1.5mg only pre workout for my first run

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I will try 1.5mg only pre workout for my first run
Its a good place to start with only using pre-workout. You could go lower and see if you respond to that (my rule of thumb is that if you get results with less, then use less; I know, i'm a genius).

But entirely up to you :D

iCeCreame

iCeCreame

Banned
Awards
i'm about to start my first run with Arachidonic Acid
will pop 4 capsules of XFA pre workout stacked with MAN GameDay for the GMS and L-Carnitine .

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Get the original XF or x-gels (new version) if its not too late. They are just pure ArA.

iCeCreame

iCeCreame

Banned
Awards
yeah i know if i was looking for straight ArA so go with XF but my dad already got me 2 bottles of XFA so will run it for now though

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Does ArA have a negative effect on lipids? Any post bloodwork?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does ArA have a negative effect on lipids? Any post bloodwork?
I haven't seen any research or bloodwork suggesting so.

Were you just concerned about this or did you see any data that made you question this?

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen any research or bloodwork suggesting so.

Were you just concerned about this or did you see any data that made you question this?
Just a little concerned. Ended a strong cycle about 6 weeks ago and HDL was in the toilet. I'm now taking measures to restore lipids back to normal (supps and diet). I'm about 2 weeks into ArA and was wondering if this would hurt my lipid recovery. Also, I stopped taking fish oil when I started ArA.

If anyone has done bloodwork at the end of an ArA cycle, I'd be interesting hearing their results.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a little concerned. Ended a strong cycle about 6 weeks ago and HDL was in the toilet. I'm now taking measures to restore lipids back to normal (supps and diet). I'm about 2 weeks into ArA and was wondering if this would hurt my lipid recovery. Also, I stopped taking fish oil when I started ArA.

If anyone has done bloodwork at the end of an ArA cycle, I'd be interesting hearing their results.
You need stop fish oil, if you're trying to restore lipids, I'd still dose the fish oill. Just dose it 6hrs apart from the ARA.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm about to start my first run with Arachidonic Acid
will pop 4 capsules of XFA pre workout stacked with MAN GameDay for the GMS and L-Carnitine .
Excited to hear how you like it!

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
You need stop fish oil, if you're trying to restore lipids, I'd still dose the fish oill. Just dose it 6hrs apart from the ARA.
Good to know. I'll add it back into my morning stack. My ArA dose is much later in the day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

It shouldn't by itself cause deleterious changes to blood lipids, but if your HDL is hammered then I would continue whatever plans you have in place to correct that issue and just dose ArA as far away from n3 as possible.

SO yeah, exactly what NomZ said lol

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been meaning to write up a review of my x gels PCT. Was insane. Leaned up and got stronger. Usually I get fat and weaker lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been meaning to write up a review of my x gels PCT. Was insane. Leaned up and got stronger. Usually I get fat and weaker lol
Stay tuned... There may be an X-gels in PCT log in the very near future :D

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quite possibly one of the best things ever for PCT lol. Not counting SERM :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Quite possibly one of the best things ever for PCT lol. Not counting SERM :D
My thoughts exactly. Should help prevent the inevitable drop in strength :D The longer you can be stronger, the more likely you are of maintaining that strength.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran mine pct for 8 weeks, felt like i was still on. Now that pct is over and xgels, i feel super smaller lol

Mike

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ran mine pct for 8 weeks, felt like i was still on. Now that pct is over and xgels, i feel super smaller lol

Mike
I ran an 8 week x gel PCT as well lol. And yes, I feel way smaller now, although I just started 2g x gels the other day :D

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^

Bill has recommended 500+ mg/day of ArA during PCT for a while now, glad to hear many are enjoying it in that application to keep and build upon their gains!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very excited to try some X-Gels, I'm thinking X-Gels + High Volume should give some pretty amazing pumps.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
6 week cycle plus xgels in post would make for an exciting cycle...very interested in this

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very excited to try some X-Gels, I'm thinking X-Gels + High Volume should give some pretty amazing pumps.
Those two were made for each other man!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Is the amount of GMS in High Volume sufficient to act as the only GMS source when stacking with ArA or should we add additional from a bulk source?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the amount of GMS in High Volume sufficient to act as the only GMS source when stacking with ArA or should we add additional from a bulk source?
6-8 grams is recommended so personally I would add some.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Just starting week 3. Observations:

1) Strength and endurance are up significantly. Seems to be more rep strength vs 1rm. I'm able to lift more explosively as well. Overall I feel great -- similar to AAS alpha feeling.

2) I'm stacking with GDAs (dosed three times a day). May be some synergy here as calories and carbs have been increased and I'm actually getting leaner

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just starting week 3. Observations:

1) Strength and endurance are up significantly. Seems to be more rep strength vs 1rm. I'm able to lift more explosively as well. Overall I feel great -- similar to AAS alpha feeling.

2) I'm stacking with GDAs (dosed three times a day). May be some synergy here as calories and carbs have been increased and I'm actually getting leaner
Awesome progress. Your stack is similar to my own and i'm loving every second of it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ Great feedback

Stronger and leaner, arachidonic acid is one of few ingredients that can help with both simultaneously!

jeff32

jeff32

Awards
since ArA is stack well with GMS and lclt, can i take LCLT during workout? since i have genomyx protocol, rather than pills.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
since ArA is stack well with GMS and lclt, can i take LCLT during workout? since i have genomyx protocol, rather than pills.
Personally I feel protocol is best served pre-workout and it has been my most common source or carnitine when I use ArA myself. :)

jeff32

jeff32

Awards
so your tryng to say, il take that with preworkout along with ArA and GMS at the same time? my tummy will bloat it before i hit the gym,