Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, just going back to what you said about dosing NeoVar at night before bed after a "high carb day" what would you say is a high carb day? I'm doing 300-400g a day in carbs from mostly pasta.
High CHO is relative to the individual. 300-400g CHO would be high for me; but they may NOT be for YOU. Generally any days where I am eating >3000 calories that day I will double-dose NeoVar Recomped before bed (and high calories generally means high CHO).

Hang in there!
Thanks for the support, Christine :)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lets go rosie! Time to kick it up a notch!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lets go rosie! Time to kick it up a notch!
What do you think I've been DOING, Tyler??? (I know, those pm runs need to be HAPPENING)!

You can't make someone happy if they're NOT happy.

Just kidding ;) Although, how would you compare LipoPM pre-bed to NeoVar recomped. I've used both, but not the Neovar pre-bed. Sounds interesting, I still have some of both .
They're two completely different products, and not used for the same thing. Lipotrophin-PM was designed as a pre-bed supplement, to help with sleep (and fat loss). I use NeoVar Recomped pre-bed - but only on days when I've binged or had high calories/CHO, as mentioned - because it eliminates any bloat or water retention I would otherwise have the following day.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8

0840 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 55-60% HRmax @ 110 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 70% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 1 x 2 min effort in 39x12 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
f. 2 min in 39x16 @ 96-98 rpm (HR dropped back to 55% HRmax)
Started out well. Legs were a little 'sore', but pushed through it...After the first set of efforts aggression was joined by frustration at the lack of HR rising. Second set of efforts was not a lot better re HR. Because of that I started thinking of everything that has been getting to me lately, and drove my aggression into spinning. Third set of efforts wasn't a lot better. Legs were REALLY starting to be painful about now, but the aggression was enough to overcome the pain. Starting to get REALLY worked up by now. Decided to do a 2 MINUTE effort to 'finish'. By the end of the first minute HR was at 85%, and it had reached 90% by the end of the second. Let my body settle 'easy' for the last two minutes...Definitely not too happy with the efforts, but pleased with the INTENSITY that went into them...

0940 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Barbell Powercleans ( BB PC) 1 x 10, 5 x 5
2. BB BS 5 x 5
3. Barbell Deadlifts (BB DL) 5 x 5
4. BB BOR 5 x 5
5. Flat BB BP 5 x 5
6. Abs 2 x [a. weighted crunch x 20, b. bicycle x 30]
Sean has been doing something like this for the last couple of weeks. Since I have been doing high-rep sessions for a few weeks, and have another Full-Body session to do this week, decided to follow in the man's footsteps. The session is certainly different to anything I have ever done before...Started off with one set of 10 BB PC to 'warm-up'. Easy enough. I have not done BB PC at a rep range LESS than 20 reps, or with much weight until now. Added weight for first working set, but since this is the first time I have added weight to the BB for BB PC, it was experimental. Although I 'stumbled' a little on the last rep the first set was done easily. So added half of what I added before. Kept increasing the weight for each successive set. The last set I was beginning to struggle a little, but it was managed. Concentrating...BB BS. Heaviest I have gone since 2006. Easy. Kept increasing weight with each set as well. Noticed a rash on my inner right forearm after the third set, where it had been rubbing against the BB. I actually feel better the heavier it is, and because go superslow it forces me to really concentrate on my core. The last set were not quite to parallel, but good enough...BB DL. It's been ~30 months since I have done these. Started out at a weight that was slightly less than what I was using when I last did them (since I was only doing 3-4 reps the last time I did them). The first set felt weird. The second set felt a little better, but I still felt awkward until the third rep. The third set I really started coming back into natural movement, and didn't have to think about it as much. Stumbled after I finished the third set, and head spun a little, and had to quickly sit down to find balance. The fourth rep of the last two sets was not done well, almost in two movements instead of one, but corrected for the last rep of each set. Not bad for the first time in ages; at least I know what I can handle. Rash started getting redder and sorer...BB BOR. Started at weight started with on Wednesday. Too easy, so increased to peak weight for second set. Struggled on the last rep, so decreased weight a little. Third set was easy, so increased weight again. Again, last rep was a battle, but decided to keep the weight as it was, and gritted teeth and tightened grip when it started slipping 'in' on the last set...Flat BB BP. Starting weight was Wednesday's finishing weight. Easy. Increased weight. Struggled on the last rep; and on the last two reps of the third set. Put the weight back down to initial weight and, although last rep of the last two sets were VERY slow, they were DONE...Finished off with 100 reps for Abs. REALLY feeling my abs during the bicycles, especially on the second set...Although that was by definition a very 'hard' and 'intense' session, and despite the few moments during it where I had to sit down or I would stumble, afterwards I felt FRESH, and VERY, VERY happy!

1113 - Stretch 21 min.

1745 - 5.5km Run:
It's about time I did an evening run; I have been wanting to all week and never did it. It's time for NO more excuses, and regardless of how I feel, they MUST be done from now on...Was muggy and hot as. Overcast, almost looking like it would rain. But no; sun came out instead...First km was done in 4.53 minutes, second in 4.68 minutes. Third km was barely faster in 4.66 minutes. Started feeling left shoulder begin to irritate at 16 minutes. Started feeling myself falter at 19 minutes, dropping back to 4.86 min/km pace. Finished the run in a sticky, sweaty mess...I hate the way I feel with all the sweat and how my hair feels itchy on my skin during and after a run. Then again, I love training and being physical more than I would ever let that bother me. A good run...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2015-0713 (waking at 0315), so nearly 11 hours sleep. Yes, I WAS extremely shattered yesterday. Felt good once finally up. Sleep deep. DREAMING...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there.

Energy: I have not felt fatigued at all, despite the HIIT, Full-Body session, and evening run...Weird; you'd have thought I would be as shattered as I was yesterday...

Motivation: Excellent.

Mood/Aggression: Mood has been VERY aggressive. Training has been EXCELLENT because of it! I have been able to push past the physical pain by focussing on the raw aggression...Then felt strangely pleased because of the way I was feeling...Then saw Taken this evening; things like that make me sick, and knowing that it's most often powerful men that are the most corrupt (either taking part or deliberately looking the other way) makes my blood boil MORE; and I would truly take pleasure in castrating every man and giving them a slow and torturous DEATH!!!

Stress: HIGH HIGH HIGH!!!

Libido: There this morning (it always is after an excellent resistance session)...Definitely GONE now...

Joints: Fine.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Today's resistance session was a DIFFERENT session to what I am accustomed. Nevertheless, there WERE some strength improvements. And some 'baseline' weights to go from...

Quality of Training: Absolutely the most awesomest session! EXCELLENT! This is how they should ALL be! HIIT was excellent as well. And 5.5km run in the evening great too...How I trained today should be an EXAMPLE of how ALL other days should be re training...

Pump and Vascularity: Not much pump in the gym...Vascularity just GREAT...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: I thought I looked ok...Until I looked at the naked reflection in the mirror...Grrr...

Appetite: Eaten what I had to all day. Until dinner. And I figured that it was ok, given all the training I've done today...Excessive training allows me to get away with the binging. But it won't always, girl, so CONTROL it!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Went and saw The Spirit early this afternoon (yes, I watch a LOT of movies); it was different to what I thought it would be...Just trying to DEstress, because, even though I am generally highly stressed, there reaches a point where it DOES become TOO much...

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Haha just playin Rosie. Have you considered taking any time off to recoop?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha just playin Rosie. Have you considered taking any time off to recoop?
Not a CHANCE. Having time off in August (well, being FORCED to) was ENOUGH. Besides, all the weeks where I was only doing 2 resistance sessions a week may as well have been "time off". If I go longer than a week without training my head goes something terrible.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Not a CHANCE. Having time off in August (well, being FORCED to) was ENOUGH. Besides, all the weeks where I was only doing 2 resistance sessions a week may as well have been "time off". If I go longer than a week without training my head goes something terrible.
Maybe not a whole week but instead a few days of light training or a few days of rest. Just to let your body recoop for a little while.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe not a whole week but instead a few days of light training or a few days of rest. Just to let your body recoop for a little while.
Been there; done that...I have 2-3 days between every 2-3 resistance sessions. And 'rest' = cardio only...The most days I will allow myself to have COMPLETELY OFF ALL training will be ONE a week (IF that). It's actually amazing how many days/weeks can go by before you realize you've been going at it non-stop. But it's good, though. I THRIVE on this!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Been there; done that...I have 2-3 days between every 2-3 resistance sessions. And 'rest' = cardio only...The most days I will allow myself to have COMPLETELY OFF ALL training will be ONE a week (IF that). It's actually amazing how many days/weeks can go by before you realize you've been going at it non-stop. But it's good, though. I THRIVE on this!
your an animal rosie!:thumbsup:loving the intensity!:thumbsup:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established

good to know you are taking some time off in there too.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
rosie rosie rosie.... rest days will help you not hinder you!!! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9

0842 - 5.5km Run:
Overcast. A little less humid and muggy than it has been. No breeze...Aggression was high when I started out. First km was done in 4.70 min, second slightly faster at 4.67 min, third dropping back to 4.80 min. Started having pains in my chest at ~20 min, slowing back to 4.94 min/km pace. Legs fine, but feeling myself 'petering out' a little just before the chest pains; and really just wanting it to be over and done.

0952 - Arms (1 min recovery between all supersets/sets, except CG PU - 3 min recovery):
1. CG PU 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
Superset A
2. Weighted Dips 4 x 12
3. Barbell Bicep Curl (BB BC) 4 x 6
Superset B
4. Flat CG BB BP 4 x 8, 6, 6, 6
5. DB ZC 4 x 12
Superset C
6. DB FP 2 x 12, 8
7. Inc. DB BC 2 x 12, 8
8. O/H C/R T/Ext 4 x 12
Arms. Made a few changes...Started out with CG PU. First set was done slowly and with ease, FULL reps. Since today was targeted at Arms I decided to go not as far down, to hit my biceps more on the last three sets. I actually find it HARDER to do CG PU that way that all the way (go figure). Anyways, last rep of last two sets was done VERY slowly, almost at a crawl...Superset A: Dips done with an extra 18kg (i.e. 39.6lb). On the last set DB was slipping and arms were tiring. BB BC were done very painstakingly and slowly, and the last rep of each set, although done, was not done well...Superset B: Flat CG BB BP done at the same weight as last week, with a couple more reps out on the first set; and struggling on the last rep of the last set. DB ZC done at slightly higher weight than last week, and left wrist was starting to ache a little after the second set. Could see the brachial vein in both arms strong, especially in my right side; and arms were pumped as...Superset C: On DB FP started out at the weight used last week. Easily got out 12 reps, so increased it for the second set, and just managed 8 reps. Inc. DB BC weight was selected to 'match' the reps done on DB FP...With O/H C/R T/Ext I selected a weight and left it at that for all four sets. The first set was almost easy, but on the last set the last two reps were definitely a struggle...Left the gym with a huge as pump and feeling awesome!

1109 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2345-0713 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so nearly 7.5 hours sleep. And after not being as fatigued yesterday, not as much sleep as I have been lately getting either; interesting, but good. Very deep. Dreams were rather disturbing...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there most of the day.

Energy: Fine, right up until ~1600, when suddenly felt fatigued; so went to bed and read for ~90 minutes. Fine afterwards.

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: Aggressive as this morning. Calmed down a little in early afternoon. Got quite aggressive again in the evening. Calmed down again for a little. Back to being AGGRESSIVE.

Stress: 8 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest possible stress).

Libido: Rose for a bit early afternoon. Gone now.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: UP.

Quality of Training: Excellent. Nothing wrong there.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was it ever in the gym, so much that it was 'skin bursting' :p...Vascularity was pretty awesome too...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms, for sure. Legs.

Body Composition and Look: Looked less 'soft' later afternoon...Still very FAR from satisfied with this body (Grrr...)

Appetite: Not really. Just thirsty.

Overall Sense of Feeling: OVER things already...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10

1039 - 4.2km Run:
Cold. Windy. Weather aside, I didn't really feel like doing ANYthing, so decided to make it a SHORT run today...First km was done in 4.48 min, second faster in 4.40 min. Slowed back after that, to 4.63 min/km. Starting to feel right biceps tendon 'ache' after the third km, but nothing as bad as what it has been...Finished well...

1100 - Stretch 22 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2345-0913 (waking at 0315), so nearly 9.5 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming and not liking it very much. Upper traps quite tender (from BB BS on Friday); everything else feels ok...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there.

Energy: It's not that I don't have the energy today; it's more like I can't be bothered (weird). I had planned on doing a high-rep Full-Body session this afternoon, and even though my HEAD really wants to do it and insists on it, I've just been blah about it...

Motivation: Bit watery today...

Mood/Aggression: Yes, AGGRESSIVE. Now I'm just starting to feel pretty much FLAT (and yes, 'shut down')...

Stress: High.

Libido: Definitely NOT. Honestly, with everything that has happened over the last few days, I don't care if I NEVER have sex.

Joints: Good.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Run was actually ok.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity fairly average today...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs.

Body Composition and Look: DIET DIET DIET!

Appetite: None.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I am cold inside my bones...

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Overall Sense of Feeling: I am cold inside my bones...-

that is very interesting rosie i have never heard that term before...can you explian?...thats sounds badda$$.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overall Sense of Feeling: I am cold inside my bones...-

that is very interesting rosie i have never heard that term before...can you explian?...thats sounds badda$$.
Have you ever had the feeling where you feel a chill, or cold, but you're not cold on the outside? Like you're cold right inside your bones and you can't warm up. That's the best I can explain it...

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever had the feeling where you feel a chill, or cold, but you're not cold on the outside? Like you're cold right inside your bones and you can't warm up. That's the best I can explain it...
wow!..rosie your a hard core woman!..solid job!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Hey babe! Just checking in over here! :wave: :)

Cheers!:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

sigmachiagg11

Awards
subd. really interesting and descriptive log, maybe the cardio part will inspire me to get of my butt and run lol. good luck this looks great!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subd. really interesting and descriptive log, maybe the cardio part will inspire me to get of my butt and run lol. good luck this looks great!!
Cheers, mate. Just bear in mind that my cardio is only there for fitness, and should ALWAYS be SECONDARY to RESISTANCE training!

:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11

0936 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60% HRmax @ 100 rpm
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 4 min in 39x16 @ 65% HRmax @ 108-110 rpm
Started out ok, at a slightly lower pace than would normally. I was a little distracted and not really wanting to be doing cardio, and legs were feeling weird (not sore though)...First set of efforts was done ok. HR was NOT rising, though, when it SHOULD have been. HR did not rise much for the next 2 sets of efforts either, and in some I was spinning so much that I was just getting frustrated. NOT cool. Just let my body do whatever for the last 4 min...

0956 - Stretch 29 min.

1109 - Shoulders/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. BB BS 2 x 20
2. BB SP 4 x 12
3. DB LR 4 x 12
4. Inc. DB RR 4 x 12
5. PBJ 4 x 40
6. Abs - 2 x [a. weighted crunch x 20, b. bicycle x 20, c. knee-ins x 20]
7. Abs - 1 x 2 min plank
Started with BB BS. Same weight as last week. Easy. Next week it shall be increased. Definitely got HR going and the sweat starting...BB SP. Started at the weight I FINISHED on last week. 12 reps was ok, so went up a little. Right biceps tendon started aching during the last few reps. Gritted teeth and did another set at the same weight. The last 3 reps were excruciating for right biceps tendon, and so decreased the weight for the last set. The pain did not subside much...DB LR. Same weight as last week; just did more reps on last two sets than last week. Right biceps tendon still very tender, but having to fall in line and just get on with it...Inc. DB RR. Again, same weight as last week, but getting out more reps than last week for last two sets...Technically, the last set of Inc. DB RR was the END of the session. However, just because I felt like it, decided to do a few sets of PBJ. Initially was just going to do 2 sets, but because was feeling good and light on my feet, did 4 sets. Had to sit down between each set, and felt a little heady after third set...Decided after PBJ to do Abs (since it doesn't really matter WHAT session they get done in). Didn't really feel them much. Added in a plank (on the bench) for 2 min as a last measure, to make sure that I was feeling SOMEthing (other than my right biceps tendon)...A good session.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0823 (waking at 0315 and 0325), so ~9.25 hours sleep. It took me AGES to get to sleep last night, with my head going a million miles an hour trying to sort everything out. Once asleep, sleep was deep. Woke at 0315, enough to turn the light on, but didn't register enough to get up (which is what you NEED to do!) Dreaming not as bad as it has been. Woke feeling ok...

Mental Alertness/Focus: It's been a busy day (I like busy days).

Energy: Was a bit distracted during HIIT this morning, but had it. Resistance session was fine; kept going a good 15 minutes after I was actually FINISHED. Spent a while in town. Suddenly felt quite shattered ~1700 and passed out for ~1 hour. I had a run planned for tonight, but might just let it go and do it tomorrow (yes, that's me 'taking it easy'...)

Motivation: It HAS to be ON track!

Mood/Aggression: Some aggression today, but nowhere NEAR what it has been over the last couple of weeks. Almost fairly 'normal'...

Stress: 7 on the 1-10 scale.

Libido: High this afternoon.

Joints: Fine...However, right biceps tendon has been in constant pain since the resistance session and I have been favouring my right shoulder/arm all day...

Strength: Up slightly.

Quality of Training: Excellent. Aside from my right biceps tendon causing grief during the resistance session, it was done well; and I just KEPT on going...

Pump and Vascularity: Good pump in the gym (and yes, even in LEGS)...Vascularity knots and blue lines...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms. Legs.

Body Composition and Look: Looking a little softer. Which I guess is ok, since the photo shoot on Thursday requires a 'softer' look. However, NOT doing anything great for my head and causing more stress than anything...

Appetite: Not really had a lot. Eaten what I had to. Head felt like binging, because the food IS there, but there's been too much of that going on lately; it needs to STOP!...VERY thirsty. Feel quite waterlogged, actually...

Overall Sense of Feeling: A little better. One less stress down (but almost replaced with another). And the more I should be training harder, the more I suddenly 'can't be bothered'. Damnit, girl!

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Awesome stuff, weighted dips too, now thats a real woman.
Hope you get things sorted soon, and can get some proper rest, Really enjoying your log, you truley are dedicated.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I feel for you on the motivation. I'm there myself, 8 weeks until the Arnold and yet... Stress is high and today is leg day. I always get sick on leg day, that makes it so hard to go. Being pushed until you puke. And then going home making dinner for the kids..grrr..

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established

sigmachiagg11

Awards
Cheers, mate. Just bear in mind that my cardio is only there for fitness, and should ALWAYS be SECONDARY to RESISTANCE training!

:cheers:
i definitely agree with you:head:!!! Its the secondary part i dont really seem to grasp yet. :lol: Plus I am bulking right now and i dont really want to end up looking like the bloobbb hahaha

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome stuff, weighted dips too, now thats a real woman.
Hope you get things sorted soon, and can get some proper rest, Really enjoying your log, you truley are dedicated.
LOL. It never ceases to amaze me that everyone seems so surprised to see/hear of a female doing dips (let alone weighted). Although, in saying that, where I am, I rarely see MALES do them either...Yeah, things will happen when they happen. As for rest, that's something I don't do well (as we all know)...

I feel for you on the motivation. I'm there myself, 8 weeks until the Arnold and yet... Stress is high and today is leg day. I always get sick on leg day, that makes it so hard to go. Being pushed until you puke. And then going home making dinner for the kids..grrr..
Yes. I read your journal; you train pretty hard, Christine (makes me feel like I'm doing nothing)! My first cycling coach told me that you haven't trained hard enough until you feel like you're going to be sick afterwards. I rarely feel sick like that, though; for me the equivalent is feeling like (and sometimes actually nearly) collapsing or something. I hope the session goes well. Can't the kids make their own meals sometimes? What about Matt doing it?

someone needs to keep you in line lol :p
Haha, smartass :nutkick:

i definitely agree with you:head:!!! Its the secondary part i dont really seem to grasp yet. :lol: Plus I am bulking right now and i dont really want to end up looking like the bloobbb hahaha
What do you mean you don't grasp the secondary part? By that I meant that you DON'T actually NEED cardio, and that it should never be the training focussed on. Resistance training should be the focus of training efforts; cardio is pretty much useless except for maintaining or improving cardiovascular health (yes, you DON'T even need it to cut!) And if you're 'bulking', then so long as your diet is ok, then you won't gain much fat. Remember that most of achieving ANY aesthetic body goal is in your DIET!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
rosie=hardcore training!:thumbsup:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I keep some of those Kraft Macaroni bowls and lunchables around in case I'm dead. But my youngest is only 7 ang my oldest is 11, now she helps out.

If I'm not in immeadiate danger of throwing up in my jeep I've even been know to take them to mcDonalds..gasp!

Matt seldom cooks.

sigmachiagg11

Awards
What do you mean you don't grasp the secondary part? By that I meant that you DON'T actually NEED cardio, and that it should never be the training focussed on. Resistance training should be the focus of training efforts; cardio is pretty much useless except for maintaining or improving cardiovascular health (yes, you DON'T even need it to cut!) And if you're 'bulking', then so long as your diet is ok, then you won't gain much fat. Remember that most of achieving ANY aesthetic body goal is in your DIET!
I was trying to be facetious :lol:..i understood what you said :). When I said "don't grasp" I was implying that I suck at maintining a weekly cardio regimen. Yours inspires me to get off my arse and start lol. You don't think I could do maybe two separate low intensity sessions (like walking on a treadmill) for 45 minutes at a time maybe twice a week. It may not burn that much fat, but wouldnt it help keep my metabolism revved, or is that only with HIIT?? My diet isn't PERFECT, but its still pretty good. And I agree with you on the importance of diet; I was just thinking I could do cardio around moments of weakness- like when I get tempted to eat and feel the need to purge it from my body through cardio lol.

sigmachiagg11

Awards
And thanks for replyin on the prior comment. Any opinions or knowledge is gladly accepted :) Thank you

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was trying to be facetious :lol:..i understood what you said :). When I said "don't grasp" I was implying that I suck at maintining a weekly cardio regimen. Yours inspires me to get off my arse and start lol. You don't think I could do maybe two separate low intensity sessions (like walking on a treadmill) for 45 minutes at a time maybe twice a week. It may not burn that much fat, but wouldnt it help keep my metabolism revved, or is that only with HIIT?? My diet isn't PERFECT, but its still pretty good. And I agree with you on the importance of diet; I was just thinking I could do cardio around moments of weakness- like when I get tempted to eat and feel the need to purge it from my body through cardio lol.

Dave Palumbo has his competitors do 2 45 min incline walking for competitions and to spare muscle.

Really in my opinion any knid of cardio you can stand is the right cardio for you. After all it only matters that you do it. As long as diet is good and you are lifting weights at least 3-4 days a week.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Er, ok. Well, do whatever cardio works for you. Personally, I rarely ever do more than 20 minutes of cardio, and always do it at a higher intensity; why spend hours doing somethign when you can get the same, if not BETTER, results in LESS time? QUALITY, not quantity!!!

As for your diet not being perfect. It doesn't have to be if you're bulking, and the extra calories will help. And cheating is all good sometimes.

As for "purging" your food through cardio, you're not necessarily going to burn the calories you just ate (and due to metabolism, you won't), but you may burn other fuel in your body.

At the end of the day, you need to find a happy medium that works for YOU.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12

0841 - Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60% HRmax @ 110 rpm
b. 5 min in 39x15 @ 65% HRmax @ 110 rpm
c. 6 min in 39x14 @ 65-70% HRmax @ 110 rpm
d. 4 min in 39x13 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
e. 1 min in 39x16 @ 110 rpm (HR dropped back to 65%)
Started out pretty steady, no particular plan in mind. After 4 minutes, because HR wasn't rising, decided to do a 'step' protocol, increasing intensity but keeping the same cadence every so often. Increased each 'step' by a minute until the last one, where legs were starting to ache a little. Finished off in an easy gear. Legs not feeling great afterwards, but session ok.

0941 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A
1. CG PU 4 x 11, 7, 6, 6
2. Flat BB BP 4 x 6
Superset B
3. BB BOR 4 x 6
4. P/U (feet on box, hands on s/b) 4 x 12
Superset C
5. WG LPD 4 x 6
6. Inc. DB BP 4 x 6
Supserset D
7. Close-Grip T-Bar Row (CG TR) 2 x 12, 8
8. Incline Barbell Bench Press (Inc. BB BP) 2 x 12, 8
Superset A: CG PU were NOT great today; from the first set I felt weak. I managed 11 reps ok, and barely another half-rep. The second set was not a lot better, managing 7 full reps and a half-rep. The last two sets I was struggling to get the last rep on each out. Flat BB BP was not a lot better. Weight was the same weight as used for the last set last week, and the last set of the first rep was VERY slow in coming up. Second set was a little better, but the last two sets each saw a slow fifth rep and the SLOWEST sixth reps; so slow that I thought that I might not manage...Superset B: BB BOR were easy; 6 reps at the weight for the first 3 sets could easily have seen an INcrease in either weight or reps. Increased the weight for the last set and was fine. P/U: first day using the s/b variation. First set was a little 'off', with ankles rather than feet 'on' the box, and s/b moving too much; almost 'fell off' the s/b after the last rep. Second set was better, up on toes, concentrating hard every time I went down to keep my body as stiff as possible and the s/b with minimal movement. Third set was better, and really feeling my core holding me. Fourth set was the best...Superset C: WG LPD done at the same weight and reps for each set as last week, except the last set: higher weight, so new peak weight for 6 reps. Inc. DB BP done at the weight I used last week. Could have perhaps done a couple more reps on the LAST set (wtf?), but didn't...Superset D: Have not done CG TR in a while. Just chucked an extra 20kg (i.e. 44lb) on, and managed 12 reps easy. For the second set increased the weight by a further 25% and pulled off 8 reps. I have started to dislike doing Inc. BB BP, as it feels rather UNnatural. However, selected a weight for 12 reps for the first set; and increased it to get out 8 reps for the second set...Interesting session. A few moments there when I felt completely shattered and wanted it to be over already. A few moments when I was digging for the aggression that I've had over the last couple of weeks, and barely scratching the surface of anything remotely like it. Ok, though...

1057 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0731 (waking at 0327), so ~9 hours sleep. Took me AGES to get to sleep last night (again). Woke briefly for one alarm this morning, and then back to sleep swiftly. Sleep very deep. Dreams a little more pleasant, but no less weird than lately...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Done quite a lot today.

Energy: Rollers was steady; more desire than energy. Resistance session was well done, although a few unsteady moments there. Energy been fairly calm and stable throughout the day. Just resting my legs tonight, so no run...

Motivation: THERE! A day or two of diet being back on track and I see results!

Mood/Aggression: Only a small bit of aggression today (damn, and I was wanting it in the gym!) Mostly calm (but not flat) and stable today...

Stress: Maybe a 7 on the 1 to 10 scale.

Libido: Well my BODY has been reacting today; not too sure how much my HEAD has been into it (except for a brief moment in the late afternoon)...

Strength: Maintaining mostly. But FEELING weak, especially on CG PU and Flat BB BP...

Quality of Training: 8/10 for the resistance session. Even though I was struggling a little on Superset A, I gritted my teeth in for the rest. And made good progress with new P/U variation :)

Pump and Vascularity: Yes, had a pump in the gym...Vascularity was not highly noticeable today (then again, didn't notice much but the weight I was trying to put up)...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms. Legs.

Body Composition and Look: Definitely browner (nice)...Legs looking good today, especially calves. Lost 'the soft' look of the last few days. Midsection a little better. Hips leaning.

Appetite: Not really. There was a moment this evening when I felt like devouring the 500g of chocolate in the cupboard instead of dinner (and most nights I WOULD have, and THEN had dinner (no joke)!), but controlled myself and thought of Thursday...Very thirsty, still...

Overall Sense of Feeling: A little better. A little more positive. A little smile.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
dang!..girl even your fingers have there own excercises!..look at the lenght of that thing!..LOL...jk!..great log,and one hell of a job rosie!:thumbsup:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome job on passing up the chocolate! I'm fighting that too. I so want to misery eat!

sigmachiagg11

Awards
ok i appreciate it. thanks for the advice guys!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dang!..girl even your fingers have there own excercises!..look at the lenght of that thing!..LOL...jk!..great log,and one hell of a job rosie!:thumbsup:
LOL. Got to keep them busy somehow :toofunny:

Awesome job on passing up the chocolate! I'm fighting that too. I so want to misery eat!
Yes, well, it's about time I passed it up (AND everything else). Besides, I want to look decent tomorrow night. And I really need to start conquering my binge-eating; no more letting it go just because I've been able to!!!

ok i appreciate it. thanks for the advice guys!
No worries; it's what we're here for :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 13

0828 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60% HRmax @ 110 rpm
c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 70-75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 4 x 1 min effort in 39x13/1 min easy in 39x16 (HR 85-90% HRmax during efforts, dropping back to 50-60% HRmax during easy; rpm N/A during efforts, rpm 90 during easy)
Legs were feeling it from the start today. So, apparently, was HR. HR didn't rise much during the 'warm-up', but legs sure FELT it (the heavier high-rep squats and PBJ on the same day are doing that). First set of efforts was ok, but HR not really rising. During the second set of efforts, legs started feeling better (or maybe that was just me concentrating on trying to get HR up by spinning and 'blocking' out the pain). As something different, since HR was still NOT rising (when it SHOULD be!) decided on 4 x 1 min efforts, with the equivalent 'recovery' period (at a much lower intensity). HR certainly got up during them, from the FIRST effort in the set. It also dropped pretty rapidly in the recovery times. Legs were feeling better on the LAST effort than on the first! Still, glad to get off the bike and go stretch...

0851 - Stretch 21 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0713 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, and 0600), so ~7 hours sleep (because it was quite broken, and stayed awake for a while in bits and pieces). Took ages to get to sleep (again). Sleep deep until the first alarm (at least you were able to wake up for it). Kind of drifting in and out of sleep for the next 3 hours pretty much. Should have got up at 0315 and just be done with it. Very sore neck...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Had to be there. Been a busy girl today...

Energy: Did HIIT ok. Been out and about doing things. Since legs were not the greatest during HIIT, going to give them another night off from a run, and hope that they are back up to speed for a high-rep Full Body resistance session tomorrow...

Motivation: Had to be there.

Mood/Aggression: Mood been fairly ok until not so long ago, when aggression kicked in. I am so sick of people fcuking me around and expecting me to jump to their whims!

Stress: High.

Libido: None.

Endurance: Fine.

Quality of Training: Good.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity has been ok; nothing great...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs.

Body Composition and Look: Looked better this morning. Needed a RESISTANCE session; always look better on days when I've done them. Only consolation is a nice golden glow...Shall be ok for tomorrow, I guess...

Appetite: CONTROLLING myself. I so badly want to stuff my face with chocolate and ice-cream and BAD food (yes, stress and aggression and simply because I LOVE food)!...Thirsty...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Got a headache right now. Been a bit funny all day...I just want to be able to start GETTING UP at 0315, and back into the routine that I like, is all (VERY frustrating that it's been so LONG since I've been able to!)...On another note, finished my first bottle of both Complete-Balance and Bio-Mend today. The "60-capsule" bottle actually had 63 caps and 64 caps respectively, and the Omega-Essentials one has 68 caps :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 14

0859 - Rollers:
20 min in 39x16 @ 55-65% HRmax @ 100 rpm
From the word 'go' legs were NOT loving it; they actually felt quite heavy and dead and fatigued, with some dull aching. Just let my body settle at a pace. HR was VERY low, but left it at that. Everyone needs recovery session sometimes...

1001 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. BB BS 2 x 20
2. BB RD (on box) 2 x 12
3. LLC 2 x 20
4. CG SR 2 x 20
5. P/U (feet on bench, hands on m/b) 2 x 20
6. BB SP 2 x 10 SUPERSETTED WITH 7. DB LR 2 x 10
8. Weighted Dips 2 x 12
9. DB ZC 2 x 20
10. Abs 2 x [a. rope crunch x 25, b. weighted crunch x 25]
After my legs being quite shattered on the rollers, was rather interested in seeing what I could PUSH my body to in the gym...BB BS. Upped the weight from last week (and even from earlier this week on Shoulders' Day). That is the heaviest I have lifted for BB BS in quite some time (since I have not been going heavy (if I have done them at all; was doing BB FS for a while instead, when I was doing squats), because my legs gain muscle VERY quickly) and was fine with 20 reps. Was quite light-headed after the first set. The second set was still ok, but starting to feel it a bit on the last 5 reps...BB RD. Done well...LLC. Dropsetted both sets still, but managed more for the same weight than did last week on BOTH sets. REALLY feeling hamstrings after 10 reps on each set, and had to stretch them out between sets...CG SR. Same weight as last week. Had to dropset both sets after 10 reps. Forearms screaming during the entire set both times...P/U. Done with hands on m/b (instead of s/b) as was not too sure I would be ok for 20 reps with hands on s/b. Next week I shall certainly attempt the hands on s/b though...Decided to superset Shoulders, doing 10 reps of BB SP and then 10 reps of DB LR. No problems with right biceps tendon (or left) during BB SP, which was interesting, considering it had been burning and aching this morning when doing nothing (and has continued to do so when NOT training today)...DB LR was done at almost peak weight, but struggling on the last few reps of the last set...For Weighted Dips I put a 16.5kg (i.e. 36.3) DB between my feet. Feet were slipping in the first set (weird), and I almost dropped the weight at 12 reps, so decided to stop there (besides, triceps had already been worked some in P/U and BB SP). Not a lot better in the second set with feet grip (feet felt 'weak', if that can happen), and was relieved when 12 reps was done. Weird...DB ZC done well. Feeling the burn in my biceps by the 15th rep of each set. Vascularity best after these...Finished off with Abs. REALLY feeling the rope crunches...A good session.

1114 - Stretch 23 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-0745 (waking at 0325, 0423, 0600, and 0613), so ~8.5 hours sleep. Again, deep. Dreaming. Woke feeling quite shattered, with migraine, and not wanting to do anything much...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Surprisingly, been there. Took some time after the gym though, to REALLY 'wake up'...

Energy: Not really had a lot; felt really fatigued. Body holding on, though. And got quite a few hours to get through yet...

Motivation: DEFINITELY!

Mood/Aggression: Reasonable mood. Pretty ok. No ups or downs or aggression...

Stress: Moderate.

Libido: Body is still 'reacting'...Just in a teasing mood today, though...

Strength: Mostly up; some maintaining (although high-rep is not focussed on strength I still lift as heavy as I can).

Quality of Training: Rollers bit blah; more 'recovery' than anything (probably a GOOD thing before the gym). Resistance session excellent; pushing for a bit more...

Pump and Vascularity: Wicked pump all over in the gym...Vascularity ok, but not as good as would be expected for such a session...

Muscle Hardness/Density: All over, today. Hardening up quite nicely. The last 3-4 days of good, clean diet with NO binging has made a HUGE difference.

Body Composition and Look: Abs (top 6 and obliques) are quite noticeable now. Hips look really lean. Starting to see a little more definition in legs. Actually pleased (for the most part) with how I'm looking today.

Appetite: Not really had any; eaten what I had to when I've had to...From now on I will be doing 3 days lower calorie/CHO (i.e. maintenance or just below) and 1-2 day high calorie/CHO (i.e. ANYthing goes) diet cycle...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Definitely more positive and happier than I have been...A little apprehensive about the photo shoot tonight. But should be fine (I'll just think of you and smile)...And then try for an early morning (if I can) tomorrow...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
0859 - Rollers:
20 min in 39x16 @ 55-65% HRmax @ 100 rpm
From the word 'go' legs were NOT loving it; they actually felt quite heavy and dead and fatigued, with some dull aching. Just let my body settle at a pace. HR was VERY low, but left it at that. Everyone needs recovery session sometimes...

1001 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. BB BS 2 x 20
2. BB RD (on box) 2 x 12
3. LLC 2 x 20
4. CG SR 2 x 20
5. P/U (feet on bench, hands on m/b) 2 x 20
6. BB SP 2 x 10 SUPERSETTED WITH 7. DB LR 2 x 10
8. Weighted Dips 2 x 12
9. DB ZC 2 x 20
10. Abs 2 x [a. rope crunch x 25, b. weighted crunch x 25]
After my legs being quite shattered on the rollers, was rather interested in seeing what I could PUSH my body to in the gym...BB BS. Upped the weight from last week (and even from earlier this week on Shoulders' Day). That is the heaviest I have lifted for BB BS in quite some time (since I have not been going heavy (if I have done them at all; was doing BB FS for a while instead, when I was doing squats), because my legs gain muscle VERY quickly) and was fine with 20 reps. Was quite light-headed after the first set. The second set was still ok, but starting to feel it a bit on the last 5 reps...BB RD. Done well...LLC. Dropsetted both sets still, but managed more for the same weight than did last week on BOTH sets. REALLY feeling hamstrings after 10 reps on each set, and had to stretch them out between sets...CG SR. Same weight as last week. Had to dropset both sets after 10 reps. Forearms screaming during the entire set both times...P/U. Done with hands on m/b (instead of s/b) as was not too sure I would be ok for 20 reps with hands on s/b. Next week I shall certainly attempt the hands on s/b though...Decided to superset Shoulders, doing 10 reps of BB SP and then 10 reps of DB LR. No problems with right biceps tendon (or left) during BB SP, which was interesting, considering it had been burning and aching this morning when doing nothing (and has continued to do so when NOT training today)...DB LR was done at almost peak weight, but struggling on the last few reps of the last set...For Weighted Dips I put a 16.5kg (i.e. 36.3) DB between my feet. Feet were slipping in the first set (weird), and I almost dropped the weight at 12 reps, so decided to stop there (besides, triceps had already been worked some in P/U and BB SP). Not a lot better in the second set with feet grip (feet felt 'weak', if that can happen), and was relieved when 12 reps was done. Weird...DB ZC done well. Feeling the burn in my biceps by the 15th rep of each set. Vascularity best after these...Finished off with Abs. REALLY feeling the rope crunches...A good session.

1114 - Stretch 23 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-0745 (waking at 0325, 0423, 0600, and 0613), so ~8.5 hours sleep. Again, deep. Dreaming. Woke feeling quite shattered, with migraine, and not wanting to do anything much...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Surprisingly, been there. Took some time after the gym though, to REALLY 'wake up'...

Energy: Not really had a lot; felt really fatigued. Body holding on, though. And got quite a few hours to get through yet...

Motivation: DEFINITELY!

Mood/Aggression: Reasonable mood. Pretty ok. No ups or downs or aggression...

Stress: Moderate.

Libido: Body is still 'reacting'...Just in a teasing mood today, though...

Strength: Mostly up; some maintaining (although high-rep is not focussed on strength I still lift as heavy as I can).

Quality of Training: Rollers bit blah; more 'recovery' than anything (probably a GOOD thing before the gym). Resistance session excellent; pushing for a bit more...

Pump and Vascularity: Wicked pump all over in the gym...Vascularity ok, but not as good as would be expected for such a session...

Muscle Hardness/Density: All over, today. Hardening up quite nicely. The last 3-4 days of good, clean diet with NO binging has made a HUGE difference.

Body Composition and Look: Abs (top 6 and obliques) are quite noticeable now. Hips look really lean. Starting to see a little more definition in legs. Actually pleased (for the most part) with how I'm looking today.

Appetite: Not really had any; eaten what I had to when I've had to...From now on I will be doing 3 days lower calorie/CHO (i.e. maintenance or just below) and 1-2 day high calorie/CHO (i.e. ANYthing goes) diet cycle...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Definitely more positive and happier than I have been...A little apprehensive about the photo shoot tonight. But should be fine (I'll just think of you and smile)...And then try for an early morning (if I can) tomorrow...
Can't wait for you send me the stunning pics babe...of course I'm not too worried though...I am pretty sure they will be sensational.

Oh just because its a new icon to use and perfectly fitting for when I need to kick you in the ass!...:buttkick: lol.

Cheers my babe! :love:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did the shoot go? Did you shine!!
:yes(1): Went well. A bit different to what I was expecting...

Can't wait for you send me the stunning pics babe...of course I'm not too worried though...I am pretty sure they will be sensational.

Oh just because its a new icon to use and perfectly fitting for when I need to kick you in the ass!...:buttkick: lol.

Cheers my babe! :love:
Well, not quite sure they are 'right', so you may not see them at all...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 15

0839 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 102 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR 75% HRmax, rpm N/A)
c. 4 x 40 sec effort/20 sec easy in 39x14 (HR 75-80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
d. 2 x 1 min effort/30 sec easy in 39x13 (HR 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
e. 1 x 2 min effort in 39x12 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
f. 1 min in 39x16 @ 66 rpm (HR dropped back to 60% HRmax)
g. 3 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 102 rpm
Just let the body choose its own pace for the 'warm-up'; HR slow, as well as cadence (legs were still a bit 'fatigued'/'sore' from yesterday). First set of efforts were ok: Legs spinning and gasping for breath from the effort, but HR NOT rising (WTF???) Upped the intensity of the second set of efforts by increasing gear ratio AND effort duration, but HR still barely rose. Decided to make the efforts an extra 20 seconds LONGER again for the third set, in a HIGHER gear. Saw HR rise then; as well as legs screaming. Just because I am somewhat of a masochist when it comes to training I made the last set of efforts a continuous 2 minute effort. HR was 85% HRmax by the end of the second minute and 90% HRmax by the end of the second minute; gasping at the end of THAT. An easy minute to let the legs recover, and then back to letting the body 'settle' at a pace for the rest of the 'cool-down'.

0902 - Stretch 23 min.

1003 - Arms (1 min recovery between alternate sets and supersets):
Alternate Set A
1. CG PU 4 x 15, 9, 9, 6
2. Weighted Dips 4 x 12
Superset A
3. Flat CG BB BP 4 x 6
4. DB ZC 4 x 12
Superset B
5. DB FP 4 x 12
6. Inc. DB BC 4 x 12
One of the 'easier' sessions of the week (yeah, right)...Alternate Set A: Started off with CG PU (FULL reps). REALLY surprised when I easily pumped out 13 reps and then was able to do a couple more, albeit struggling on the last part of the last rep. Held out reasonably well on the last 3 sets. Used a 16.5kg (i.e. 36.3lb) DB between my feet for the Weighted Dips, and unlike yesterday, feet were fine and held on. Triceps were feeling the last set for sure, and last 2 reps were very slow and painstakingly done...Superset A: Flat CG BB BP done at the same weight as last week. Straight to DB ZC; where wrists were fine, and really able to see the veins in my arms. Because I was standing 'between' mirrors I could see my back as well, and it looked good whilst lifting...Superset B: With DB FP I selected a lighter DB at 18.5kg (i.e. 40.7lb) because I wanted 12 reps put EACH set, and I knew that on the LAST set I would be struggling with the last few reps (which I did; the first 3 sets were pretty easy). Inc. DB BC were done slightly lighter than last week; but REALLY feeling the burn in my biceps, and quite painful on the last 2 sets...Walked out of the gym pretty pumped and happy with the 40-minute session...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0030-0628 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0423, and 0613), so nearly 6.5 hours sleep. Was quite wired after last night, and took me ages to get to sleep once got to bed. On and off sleep, drifting in and out. Woke ok...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There for the morning. Just been watching DVDs after training (and shopping for the binge)...

Energy: On the bike, not so sure. In the gym, yeah good. After training, pretty uncomfortable from all the food, so none...

Motivation: What can I say? Today was binge, no holds barred. After waking this morning and feeling pretty positive about everything I let it all go in a 9 hours of binging (I won't be doing THAT in a hurry again, that's for sure) :mad: As long as tomorrow is BACK to good :buttkick: :rocketwhore:

Mood/Aggression: Not a lot of anything. Except disappointment in the EXTENT that I let myself go with my diet today :notworthy:

Stress: Depends what you're asking about...

Endurance: Good.

Strength: UP.

Quality of Training: HIIT was interesting. Resistance session was 8.5/10.

Pump and Vascularity: Wicked pump, almost so bad that it was BURNING in biceps, in the gym...Vascularity not as high in the gym (although still seeing brachial veins etc.), but VERY good after all the eating...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: This morning looked good; I was ok with the reflection in the mirror. Stomach ALMOST flat (most would say it IS, but I still see the small 'rise'). Hips are so lean that 'Adonis Belt' is VERY noticeable...Because my diet has been excellent over the last 4 days, I'm quite bloated now from all the food I've eaten today (but it will be gone in a few days)...

Appetite: It's EASILY been at LEAST 5000 calories consumed today (yes, no ****)! I'll be a good 3-4kg (i.e. 6.6-8.8lb) heavier tomorrow!...Not been very thirsty though (because of all the food), but have still drunk a galleon of water...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I was positive and happy this morning. Simply because of the way my body feels, not so great tonight. (And it's also been a hot and muggy day, which just adds to the discomfort). But, not to worry...Shoot went ok last night. It was a little different to what I expected, but all good :approve: There's a few more ideas in the works...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 16

NOTHING. Day OFF :damnit: :261:

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0130-0920, so nearly 8 hours sleep. Was very awake last night, and couldn't get to sleep when I went to bed (which WAS early this morning). Sleep deep. Dreams strange and weird. Quite shattered on waking...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not really wanting to be thinking about too much today. Watched a movie and then passed out...

Energy: Not really had a lot. Pretty fatigued. Not really in the mood for training (NOT the attitude to have; a day OFF is the LAST thing I SHOULD be doing after yesterday's binging!), so I didn't do any (although body probably needs the rest, but not good enough of an excuse either). Passed out ~1300, and was only woken by a text at 1428...

Motivation: Blah...

Mood/Aggression: Aggressive and pretty fcuked off in general. Some people need to start learning to take some fcuking responsibility for their decisions and actions and stop expecting me to 'clean up' after them!!! :headache:

Stress: 9 on the 1 to 10 scale!

Libido: NONE!

Joints: Fine (although mid to lower back has been aching (muscular) today).

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity ok...

Body Composition and Look: Actually not as bad I thought I would be after yesterday (courtesy of my pre-bed double-dose of NeoVar Recomped). Will be back to pre-binge 'shape' in a couple of days...

Appetite: None. Just THIRSTY...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not too good :cussing:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
NOTHING. Day OFF :damnit: :261:

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0130-0920, so nearly 8 hours sleep. Was very awake last night, and couldn't get to sleep when I went to bed (which WAS early this morning). Sleep deep. Dreams strange and weird. Quite shattered on waking...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not really wanting to be thinking about too much today. Watched a movie and then passed out...

Energy: Not really had a lot. Pretty fatigued. Not really in the mood for training (NOT the attitude to have; a day OFF is the LAST thing I SHOULD be doing after yesterday's binging!), so I didn't do any (although body probably needs the rest, but not good enough of an excuse either). Passed out ~1300, and was only woken by a text at 1428...

Motivation: Blah...

Mood/Aggression: Aggressive and pretty fcuked off in general. Some people need to start learning to take some fcuking responsibility for their decisions and actions and stop expecting me to 'clean up' after them!!! :headache:

Stress: 9 on the 1 to 10 scale!

Libido: NONE!

Joints: Fine (although mid to lower back has been aching (muscular) today).

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity ok...

Body Composition and Look: Actually not as bad I thought I would be after yesterday (courtesy of my pre-bed double-dose of NeoVar Recomped). Will be back to pre-binge 'shape' in a couple of days...

Appetite: None. Just THIRSTY...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not too good :cussing:
right on rosie!..good to see you getting some rest!:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 17

0836 - Rollers:
a. 10 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 104-106 rpm
b. 10 min in 39x16 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 110 rpm
Legs were a little achy to start with, but ok once I got into it. Just let the body settle at a pace. After 10 minutes the pace got a little quicker (but not much), and legs felt better. HR did not rise at all during the session, though, and stayed at a pitiful 60-65% HRmax.

1037 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. BB BS 3 x 20, 25, 20
2. BB RD (on box) 3 x 10
3. LLC 2 x 20
4. CG SR 2 x 20
5. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 2 x 20
6. DB SP 2 x 10 SUPERSETTED WITH 7. DB LR 2 x 10
8. Weighted Dips 2 x 20
9. DB ZC 2 x 20
10. Abs 3 x [a. weighted crunch x 15, b. hanging straight leg raises x 10, c. s/b double leg lifts x 10]
Decided to do another high-rep session, similar to Thursday...Started with BB BS. Same weight as Thursday. Managed better than Thursday though. Decided to do 20 reps per set, but because I could have easily done more on the first set, did a few more on the second, and then decided to do a third. I was going to KEEP going, but since no desire for bigger legs, let it go...Did BB RD on a box three times as high as the step I have been using until now. Was able to go lower, but not feeling too much of a stretch...LLC. Both sets dropsetted like Thursday, but not as soon as on Thursday...CG SR. Both sets dropsetted as well. Forearms screaming, and left shoulder hurting (NOT biceps tendon). Started getting REALLY frustrated and wanting to throw weights around and beat something to a pulp...The anger continued during P/U. I did them with hands on s/b today, and after 10 reps almost every rep was a battle. My core was being well controlled, and each rep was a grunt to get up and focus...Aggression and frustration continued on with DB SP and DB LR. Both shoulders starting to hurt now, left more than the right. What would normally be an easy weight for DB SP saw only 10 reps per set. DB LR at almost peak weight though...Weighted Dips were done with an extra 18.5kg (i.e. 40.7lb). Definitely a battle today. Shoulders and arms were already fcuked after everything else...DB ZC. Done better than on Thursday. No pauses or wrist or forearm pain. Last 2 reps of last set slower, though. Seeing biceps well. And vascularity knotted up...Finished with Abs. Didn't feel anything on weighted crunches. Started to feel something on hanging straight leg raises. And definitely feeling them on the s/b double leg lifts...Actually walked out of the gym feeling REALLY good. Better than when I walked in. And feeling more comfortable with myself.

1215 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0830 (waking at 0613, 0625, and 0723), so ~10 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming. Uncomfortable; woke with sore shoulders and neck. Woke not really wanting to do anything...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. I'm stressed out of my mind!

Energy: I didn't have any this morning before I got on the rollers, and was actually resenting the time on them. But by the gym I was wanting to do it, and in the gym I had energy. Afterwards was ok. Watched a movie; it should have been only 3 hours, but after all the interruptions and hassles, ended up being just over 5 hours (ah well; filled up the better part of the afternoon). Now feel a little flat and drained. Was trying to psych myself up for an evening run, but not tonight...

Motivation: Good. Back on track.

Mood/Aggression: After the last 24 hours I am emotionally and mentally drained and exhausted. Lots of aggression and frustration and wanting to beat something to death...

Stress: VERY high!

Strength: Maintaining (although the resistance session was NOT about strength).

Quality of Training: Rollers ok. Resistance session pretty good.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump all over in the gym (yes, including legs)...Vascularity was knots and blue lines...

Muscle Hardness/Density: All.

Body Composition and Look: Looking better than yesterday.

Appetite: Not really...VERY thirsty though...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I want to be a rock island again...

Status
Not open for further replies.