Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the sldl when i got up to heavy weights 275 plus pounds going down all the way seemed to effect my lower back.

when i do sldl I now do them Dorian Yates style which is about down to the knees maybe a tiny bit lower and it does not effect my back. it did not effect my back untill i started doing them with 225 lbs or more. I used to do them this way for years for heavy weight
Sorry to hear that, John. However, going all the way to the ground has no effect on my back at all, and if the plates are bigger then I will stand on a box so that I can get the BB to the ground (or past my feet), as I NEED to have that much of a stretch for the exercise to do anything for my hamstrings. I do BB Romanian Deadlifts as well, but find that having complete extension in my knees the best way of hitting my hamstrings and getting the results I want.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 347

0958 - HIT (no recovery between supersets):
Superset A x 5
a. Skip 1 min
b. Gazelle 1 min
Superset B x 4
c. Skip 1 min
d. Stairs (up and down one floor) 1 min
Superset C x 3
e. Skip 1 min
f. Plank 1 min
Superset D x 2
g. Skip 1 min
h. Starjumps 1 min
Superset E x 1
i. Skip 1 min
j. Shadowbox 1 min

1039 - Stretch 25 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0627, so nearly 7 hours sleep. Passed out almost as soon as I fell into bed. Deep sleep. Refreshing. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: I HAVE to be on my game today; got lots of work to do...

Energy: Whew! Had it for HIT, but I could feel myself peetering out after ~20 minutes (pushing myself on)...

Motivation: I KNOW WHERE I WANT TO BE AND WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET THERE!

Mood/Aggression: Fine...

Stress: Far too high (cortisol management products are made for me!)

Libido: Certainly there.

Joints: Left wrist pain is not as bad as it has been...

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: It was something different this morning, and longer than I would normally do re HIT (or HIIT; in fact, than MOST of my cardio), but I was ok. Lower legs were SCREAMING by the end of my first set of Stairs, and only got worse, but I kept on.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs!...Vascularity awesome (still want it BETTER)...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs, shoulders, and arms.

Body Composition and Look: We are all our own worst critics...

Appetite: Making sure that I get this under CONTROL...Been thirsty as the last few days, though, and drinking so MUCH...

Overall Sense of Feeling: My body aches a little...There is a HUGE dark bruise running from the lateral side of my left lower leg all the way round to the inferiomedial aspect of my patella, raised and sore, where I slipped and fell on the ice on Thursday during HIIT...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear that, John. However, going all the way to the ground has no effect on my back at all, and if the plates are bigger then I will stand on a box so that I can get the BB to the ground (or past my feet), as I NEED to have that much of a stretch for the exercise to do anything for my hamstrings. I do BB Romanian Deadlifts as well, but find that having complete extension in my knees the best way of hitting my hamstrings and getting the results I want.
I think a lot of guys and gals get this same challenge when going heavy. I do not get it unless I get up to 225-275 for many reps. I am not saying I do not do them this way anyways I may try them and when i do same thing seems to happen with the low back.

This way you can focus on the stretch more and butt outt more. also a variation of doing these is on the hack squat machine which fries the hams.

YouTube- Dorian Yates Stiff legged deadlift

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think a lot of guys and gals get this same challenge when going heavy. I do not get it unless I get up to 225-275 for many reps. I am not saying I do not do them this way anyways I may try them and when i do same thing seems to happen with the low back.

This way you can focus on the stretch more and butt outt more. also a variation of doing these is on the hack squat machine which fries the hams.

YouTube- Dorian Yates Stiff legged deadlift
I will never use the hack squat for the same reason that I try to avoid doing anything where I could possibly hit my quads and glutes: Because such exercises add mass there and it is UNneeded AND UNwanted!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will never use the hack squat for the same reason that I try to avoid doing anything where I could possibly hit my quads and glutes: Because such exercises add mass there and it is UNneeded AND UNwanted!
its the reverse hack sldl style.

for many of us we enjoy putting more muscle on the quads ..to each their own do what works for you

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its the reverse hack sldl style.

for many of us we enjoy putting more muscle on the quads ..to each their own do what works for you
The fact that I do not need or want any more muscle in my legs has been reiterated often enough. And if I wanted to I could do anything and gain muscle there. So, yes, each to their own.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 348

0809 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 24 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 4 min jogging

0832 - Stretch 21 min.

0901 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. Seated BB Shoulder Press 10 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8, 6
2. Seated DB shoulder Press 4 x 8, 8, 10, 10
Superset A -
3. DB Lateral Raise 4 x 15
4. Incline DB Rear Raise 4 x 15
Superset B -
5. BB Military Press 3 x 10, 8, 6
6. BB Push Press 3 x 6, 8, 10

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0620 (waking at 0530), so ~8.3 hours sleep. Slept deep. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Good...Got caught up in my writing...

Energy: High re training...Decreased as I got further into my writing...

Motivation: High.

Mood/Aggression: Aggressive as in the morning...Getting frustrated a little pm...

Stress: High as high.

Libido: High.

Joints: Left wrist not as bad as it has been.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: For the last set of Superset A I decided to challenge myself and increased the weight. REALLY surprised myself with the ease at which I managed the DB Lateral Raises. Best done yet.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was done on an inside track (as they will be done if I do them running until it is safe to run outside again). First effort was like a bullet from a gun. Kept going well. Only last few efforts were a struggle...Resistance training was an awesome session, especially as left wrist did not give me as much issues as it has been...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was pretty awesome. Hard and tight...Vascularity started appearing strong from Seated DB Shoulder Presses onwards...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs, arms, and shoulders.

Body Composition and Look: Eh, ok...

Appetite: Fine.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Trying to calm myself...Got quite tired ~2130, about the time I was planning on doing my pm cardio, so decided to do them tomorrow...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 349

0833 - Spin Bike:
40 min @ 41.7 km/hr

0920 - Hamstrings/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift (on box, lowering BB to floor) 5 x 10
2. Crunches (knees at 90 degrees) 1 x 50
3. BB Good Mornings 5 x 10
4. Knee-Ins (on bench) 1 x 50

1737 - Gazelle 20 min.

1759 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0627 (waking at 0452), so just under 8.25 hours sleep. Woke feeling like absolute crap. Sleep was deep, though. And dreaming wonderfully!

Mental Alertness/Focus: Has been a little off today. I have had a lot to deal with. After that haven't felt like doing much.

Energy: Lots of aggression that needs to be released...

Motivation: STRONG!

Mood/Aggression: Highly aggressive and extremely fcuked off this morning (which fueled my training)...Mood took some time to settle down, especially with the important issue I had to deal with today...

Stress: I want to EXPLODE!

Libido: Not there.

Joints: Left wrist has been ok (I am glad that it is getting better).

Strength: Good.

Quality of Training: Spin Bike was agony after ~20 minutes, and I let my anger and aggression drive me and keep me going through the pain...Resistance session was a little shorter than usual due to the issues I had to deal with, but was done with intensity...Pm cardio was yesterday's session and was more recovery than anything...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump high in lower body throughout training...Vascularity strong...

Body Composition and Look: Seeing a small change.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I am NOT in the mood to be around people today, and more than anything have just been trying to calm myself down. Tomorrow should be better.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 350

0737 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 2 min jogging
d. 1 x 1 min effort
e. 2 min jogging
f. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
g. 4 min easy

0802 - Stretch 20 min.

0826 - Arms:
Superset A (3 min recovery) -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 8 x 21, 15, 12, 12, 10, 9, 7, 6
2. Dips 8 x 8
Superset B (1 min recovery) -
3. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 8 x 8
4. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB under chest) 8 x 8

1753 - Gazelle 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0548 (waking at 0408), so ~5.75 hours sleep. Deep. Woke with bloodshot eyes and a few sniffles...Dreaming amazingly...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There some. Still distracted by important personal issues.

Energy: High...

Motivation: >100%!

Mood/Aggression: Mood has been rather flat-calm, which is NOT like me...Aggression in the gym...

Stress: >10 on the 1 to 10 'stress scale'!

Libido: Oh WOW!

Joints: Everything has been FINE ALL DAY!!! Absolutely stunned and blown away when there was NO pain in my left wrist at all during resistance training, when it has been killing me for weeks in the gym! Good sign, though.

Strength: Definitely doing Pull-Ups TWICE a week helps me re strength there.

Quality of Training: HIIT was a change up re efforts. Helped me keep it as intense as possible...Resistance training I was happy with, especially considering the higher reps re Close-Grip Pull-Ups for the first 4 sets (as struggled with most of everything else, body feeling heavy and PAIN)...

Pump and Vascularity: Put Eviscerate on my arms and shoulders pre-HIIT Run today, just to see whether or not it would make ANY difference to pump or vascularity when training (as I have done this before and experienced NOTHING). However, pump was not actually as good as it usually is. And vascularity was pretty average. So, Eviscerate does not enhance these for me...

Body Composition and Look: Back at 117lb (just drop the FAT!)

Appetite: Good.

Overall Sense of Feeling: As mentioned, been having a few personal issues of late, which has made me more aggressive than normal and tetchy at best.

RPN Notes: Started using Eviscerate again yesterday. As I do with all my topicals (including my last bottle of Eviscerate used) I applied it as a moistorizer, all over my body. However, a few minutes after I applied it it started to BURN! And I mean BUUURRRRNNN!!! It burnt so bad it felt like what it would feel like if I could get burnt and had been burnt several times over from being out in the NZ sun for hours upon hours on the hottest summer day of the year! It made me HOT. I just felt like running around outside and rolling in the snow naked. The burn subsided a few hours later. But whenever I flexed my joints it restarted on the skin around the joint...Pre-bed I decided to only apply waist to knees to limit the area of skin experiencing the sensation...Eviscerate from last night's pre-bed application started burning on my lower back after my HIIT Run this morning...Burn after post-training shower continued, with the same effects occurring on joint flexion...I barely experienced any of this on my last bottle (and when I did it was not until I had already used HALF of it)...I am just going to stick it out...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 351

0802 - Spin Bike:
40 min @ 44.5 km/hr

0843 - Stretch 20 min.

0903 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. BB Romanian Deadlifts (on box) 4 x 10
2. Lying Leg Curls 4 x 10
Superset B -
3. BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 10
4. Burpees (with Push-Up at end) 4 x 10
Superset C -
5. BB Military Press 4 x 10
6. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10
Superset D -
7. Dips 4 x 10
8. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 20
Superset E -
9. Rope Crunch 4 x 15
10. Deadbugs (on bench) 4 x 10

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0525, so ~6.75 hours sleep. Woke refreshed, despite the red eyes. Deep sleep it was. Full of dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Actually was getting quite lightheaded and dizzy during resistance session (pushing through)...HAVE to be on my game; I have a lot to deal with right now...

Energy: It's been better.

Motivation: There in strength. I am NOT letting this go!

Mood/Aggression: Had to try and dig deep for the aggression to keep me going in the gym today.

Stress: >10 on the 1 to 10 'stress scale'...

Libido: Actually quite HIGH.

Joints: Left wrist was fine today...Right bicep tendon started giving me PAIN during DB Lateral Raises, so much that I decreased my weight, and even though the weight was easy the MOVEMENT was ABSOLUTE AGONY to complete and my body was begging me to stop, but I kept on going until I had done what I wanted to do!

Strength: Full-Body is not about strength, but about getting my heart going (which it did).

Quality of Training: On Spin Bike, started feeling myself fade a little, legs almost giving out on me (which is weird) at 20 minutes. Had to psyche myself up, spinning faster than before. Belly (where Eviscerate applied pre-bed last night) started burning between 20-25 minutes, back joining it not long after, and BURNED throughout the rest of the session...Resistance training was PAIN, but I pushed through and was glad when it was done...By the time I left the gym my whole body ached and hurt all over...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was strong...Vascularity started appearing during Burpees (for some reason it's better in right arm than left)...

Body Composition and Look: I have always noted that my left side always seem to have more definition than my right side. Whether it has more muscle or is slightly leaner I do not know. However, the difference in my arms when looked at laterally or flexed is VERY obvious.

Appetite: Getting there...Still drinking buckets of water...

Overall Sense of Feeling: A little tired. Got a lot to get through. I AM going to do this and be successful!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 352

Decided to make today my Day OFF, because, although training destresses me and makes me feel better, my head is not in that place today...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0522, so nearly 7.5 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming incredibly...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Noticing more and more the lightheadedness I get whenever I am standing, the feeling of almost fainting when I stand up, the small mistakes and miscalculations I have made throughout the day...

Energy: If I had trained it would have been there. But with my head as it has been, not a good idea...

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: Mood a little solemn. Still working things out re a few issues.

Stress: HIIIIIIIIIGH!!!

Libido: In the morning, yeah. And no doubt in the evening, too...

Joints: Fine.

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity as normal...

Body Composition and Look: Looking and feeling tighter and leaner.

Back.jpg

Appetite: Have to have a high carbohydrate day today (the lack of mental clarity proves that).

Overall Sense of Feeling: Smiles in some areas. Frowns in others.

Other Notes: I have decided that my Day Off will NOT be scheduled, but will be taken as my body needs it, ONCE a week. All other days will continue in succession as schedules around my Day Off.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 353

0825 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 2 min jogging
d. 1 x 1 min effort
e. 2 min jogging
f. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
g. 2 min jogging
h. 1 x 1 min effort
i. 2 min jogging

0852 - Stretch 24 min.

0924 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 8, 6, 6, 4
2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 6
Superset B -
3. BB Bent Over Row 4 x 6
4. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 6
Superset C -
5. T-Row 4 x 6
6. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 4 x 12
Superset D -
7. V-Bar Close-Grip Seated Row 2 x 12
8. Cable Crossovers 2 x 12

1758 - Gazelle 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0512, so just under 7 hours sleep. Deep. Darkness...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there all day. Strong.

Energy: Had hardly any energy during HIIT Run; body felt dead and leaden and I was forcing myself to move...Energy has been fine since resistance training...

Motivation: I am reminded daily of what I want and how soon I need to be there!

Mood/Aggression: I was spitting bullets when I left for the gym. Training calmed me down a little. Mood started picking up early afternoon. Better pm.

Stress: HIGH!

Libido: After what happened this morning? You've got to be kidding me!

Joints: Left wrist had a few sharp twinges during resistance training (only on Back exercises).

Strength: I was able to return to usual Chest weights easily, so the time off allowing my wrist to get better has done some good. I also find that doing Push-Ups also increases my strength on Chest exercises re weights.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was not the best...Resistance training was fine...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was pretty good after Pull-Ups. Forearms were so pumped up and hard by the time I had finished...Vascularity started showing knots and dark lines during Superset B...

Body Composition and Look: Need...WANT...MORE definition...

Appetite: HUNGRY!

Overall Sense of Feeling: I am in a place between. Elated that I have finished a few important tasks. Distressed that I have not done enough with other issues. I have complete faith in my ability to achieve WHATEVER I decide that I want and set my mind to doing. And this will be no different!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
wow!

Decided to make today my Day OFF, because, although training destresses me and makes me feel better, my head is not in that place today...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0522, so nearly 7.5 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming incredibly...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Noticing more and more the lightheadedness I get whenever I am standing, the feeling of almost fainting when I stand up, the small mistakes and miscalculations I have made throughout the day...

Energy: If I had trained it would have been there. But with my head as it has been, not a good idea...

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: Mood a little solemn. Still working things out re a few issues.

Stress: HIIIIIIIIIGH!!!

Libido: In the morning, yeah. And no doubt in the evening, too...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity as normal...

Body Composition and Look: Looking and feeling tighter and leaner.

Appetite: Have to have a high carbohydrate day today (the lack of mental clarity proves that).

Overall Sense of Feeling: Smiles in some areas. Frowns in others.

Other Notes: I have decided that my Day Off will NOT be scheduled, but will be taken as my body needs it, ONCE a week. All other days will continue in succession as schedules around my Day Off.
good work rosie,and your looking awesome girl!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 354

1048 - HIT:
Superset A x 5
a. Skip 1 min
b. Plank 1 min
Superset B x 5
c. Skip 1 min
d. V-Hold 1 min

1115 - Stretch 29 min.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_Temh1Iy4"]YouTube- Say Goodbye - Skillet[/ame]​

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0648 (waking at 0015 and 0335), so ~7.75 hours sleep. Deep. Not the best quality. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there.

Energy: Once started training I was fine (and probably could have and should have gone on for twice as long).

Motivation: Yep.

Mood/Aggression: Mood still not the best (dealing with a lot).

Stress: HIIIGH!

Libido: Don't care either way.

Endurance: Great.

Quality of Training: Pretty good.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs...Vascularity strong...

Body Composition and Look: Getting there...

Appetite: Beast.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Realizing a lot more things and knowing that I won't give up until I get what I want!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 355

0855 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 2 min jogging
d. 4 x 1 min effort/1 min easy
e. 4 min jogging

0916 - Stretch 20 min.

0943 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets):
1. DB Shoulder Press 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
2. BB Military Press 4 x 10
3. Smith Machine BB Shoulder Press 4 x 8
4. DB Lateral Raise 4 x 10
5. Incline DB Rear Raise 4 x 10

1524 - Gazelle 20 min.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpBvQQz-8AU"]YouTube- Nickelback Do This Anymore[/ame]​

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0658 (waking at 0357), so nearly 7.5 hours sleep. Disturbed, like the night before last. Dreaming...I don't like sleeping downstairs; it gets far too hot and stuffy and I feel like I can't breathe, my chest all tight...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There some.

Energy: Training was ok (once I managed to get myself to the gym)...Started crashing bad at ~1400 and passed out on the couch at ~1415 for an hour. Been having quite a few issues with being lightheaded and having to hold onto something to gain balance and steady myself on standing the last few days (NOT good)...

Motivation: I have a DEADLINE. I can NOT be anything LESS than PERFECT for me!

Mood/Aggression: Mood different towards different things...A bit aggressive in the gym. The way people use smith machines doing not even half-reps with a weight that they could use in the squat rack and then never put their weights away so you never know if they're finished or not and then they keep going back to it between everything else in a workout that is just that - a workout, with no reasoning behind it, just IRKS me!

Stress: HIIIGH!

Libido: Wish I could, but not finding any there.

Joints: Left wrist hurt during resistance training...So did biceps' tendons and shoulders...BOTH...

Strength: Using highest weights for a Shoulder's session since been in the US.

Quality of Training: HIIT I was struggling a little with. Lower legs were REALLY feeling the impact of running on the indoor track. I felt dead and heavy like I did on Saturday. I had to push myself so hard. All I wanted to do was STOP...Resistance training was good...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump so very strong in shoulders and arms...Vascularity was excellent...

Body Composition and Look: I want the skinfold, hardness, dryness, vascularity, and definition that I have on my left forearm ALL OVER...

Appetite: I definitely know the foods that make me feel like sh*t. Now I have to STOP eating them altogether!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Eh, getting better...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 356

After feeling not right for the last few days and sleeping badly and then throwing up last night (I do NOT throw up and can count the number of times in my life that I have on ONE hand, so it's enough to make me think) I decided to take today OFF and hope that I'm more like myself tomorrow...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2345-0559 (waking at 0322), so just over 6 hours sleep. Woke quite a few times, but not taking note of the time. Sleep broken. Deep when sleeping. Dreaming vividly. Woke feeling like sh*t...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Don't feel like doing much at all today...

Energy: Nervous energy (so I'm told).

Motivation: NOT motivated to do anything, although I have all the incentive in the world. Just not there (WTF???)

Mood/Aggression: Weird.

Stress: HIIIGH.

Libido: Could be aroused...

Joints: Left wrist only a faint achy...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity fine. Lots of blue lines streaking all over my chest...

Body Composition and Look: Progress is slow, but that's my own fault (KICK).

Appetite: NO more time for allowances. Got to SHOCK my body and make a stand!

Overall Sense of Feeling: It's snowing again (how pretty). I should be able to go out and make a snowman in the next day or so...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awww hope you are better before Christmas!!
If I'm still feeling as tired as this and wanting to sleep all the time I will stop the supplement I started using (as replacement for) when I ran out of IGF-2. Also had some smoked turkey last night (didn't know that it was smoked) which was the probable cause of my being sick.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
amazing that you have kept this log for so long, good work!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
amazing that you have kept this log for so long, good work!
Um, thanks, LOL. I have kept a daily log since joining AM. However, it's more convenient keeping ONE log than stopping and starting new logs all the time; hence why this one ran the span of 2009.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 357

0844 - HIIT Skip:
a. 4 min skip
c. 4 min Gazelle

0908 - Stretch 20 min.

0938 - Hamstrings/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (to floor) 10 x 20
2. Crunches (legs extended at slightly less than 90 degrees) 2 x 50

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0629 (waking at 0315), so nearly 6.5 hours sleep. Sleep deep, but broken again. Woke not feeling very good...Also note that I passed out for 4 hours yesterday afternoon as well (so shattered and not even sure WHY)...Dreams have made me want to SCREAM...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There some...Saw Avatar this afternoon...

Energy: If I searched for it it would be there, but not finding myself motivated...

Motivation: Reaching deep for it (not sure why I am like this)...

Mood/Aggression: Good.

Stress: HIGH.

Libido: All the bells and whistles today!

Joints: Left wrist twinging and aching all day...

Strength: Fine.

Quality of Training: Feeling the impact in my lower legs re skipping. Efforts hurt lateral delts a lot and was glad for the 10 second rest between them...Resistance training could feel hamstrings...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump strong from legs to delts...Vascularity strong also...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs, shoulders, and arms...

Body Composition and Look: Legs looking the best so far. REALLY need to get LEAN ASAP!!!

Appetite: Not really in an eating mood, not since have been upset from the smoked turkey (and too much mental beration if I even think about going off course now)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Eh, ok...Only 8 days left in 2009...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 358

0901 - Spin Bike:
40 min @ 41.2 km/hr

0942 - Stretch 20 min.

1007 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 13, 10, 7, 6
2. Dips 4 x 10
Superset B -
3. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 10
4. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB under chest) 4 x 8
Superset C -
5. DB French Press 4 x 10
6. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 8
Superset D -
7. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 6
8. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 12

Sleep - Time and Quality:~2130-0635 (waking at 0300), so ~9 hours sleep. Passed out on the couch at the start of a movie. Sleep was deep. Not as interrupted as it has been lately (definitely sleeping upstairs is better for me). Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Once the last finishing touches are done in preparation for tomorrow I'm going to settle down and keep reading (it's like I'm in college again, reading whenever not doing anything else)...

Energy: Ok.

Motivation: Starting to increase again. I think I've just been exhausted by all the stress (NOT Christmas related) I've been under...

Mood/Aggression: Fine.

Libido: HIGH AS HIGH AS HIGH CAN BE!!!

Joints: Left wrist aching a little.

Strength: Improving. Pushing myself more and more each session.

Quality of Training: Spin Bike was good this morning. Lost myself in it...Resistance training was pretty good...

Pump and Vascularity: By the time I got to Superset B my arms were pumped as could be, hard and thick and full...Vascularity was strong, especially in right side (interesting that my vascularity is always a little higher in right side when my LEFT side is LEANER)...

Body Composition and Look: Feeling tighter. NOT happy with myself, since I am NOT where I want to be and it's my own fault. Oh well, best make the most of the next 4 weeks...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I've been feeling rather fatigued over the last few days, and training has not been as much as usual. So, NOT liking that. Still feel woozy on walking around and being up, which is a mystery...Anyways, whether you're enjoying the sun or in a winter wonderland for Christmas, I hope that you have a Blessed day. For those whose Christmas is today (all my own back in NZ) and those whose Christmas is tomorrow (the US and Europe buds), let's CELEBRATE!

Christmas_Blessings.jpg

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 359

0903 - HIIT Skip:
a. 4 min skip
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 4 min Gazelle

0928 - Stretch 26 min.

1001 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift 1 x 40
2. Lat Pull-Down (in squat position) 1 x 40
3. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 1 x 40
Superset A -
4. BB Push Press 1 x 20
5. Lateral Raises 1 x 20
Superset B -
6. Dips 1 x 20
7. Incline Dips 1 x 20
Superset C -
8. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 1 x 20
9. Bicep Curls 1 x 20
Superset D -
10. Rope Crunch 1 x 40
11. Deadbugs 1 x 40
Superset E -
12. Bicycle Crunches 1 x 40
13. Plank x 1 min

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0631 (waking at 0200), so just under 8 hours sleep. Sleep broken; kept waking on and off. Dreaming fantastically. Woke feeling shattered as.

Mental Alertness/Focus: There once had woken up properly, which was ~2 hours after getting up.

Energy: Lacking. Not really feeling in the mood to train at all and forcing it...Passed out for 2.75 hours at 2100...

Motivation: This week has been bad for motivation. Lethargy is not helping either.

Mood/Aggression: Good mood.

Stress: Forgot that for today; can start again tomorrow.

Libido: UNBELIEVABLE! Not even the husband can keep up, LOL :D

Joints: Left wrist aching sharply throughout the day.

Strength: Full-Body sessions are NOT about strength.

Quality of Training: HIIT was INTENSE (as it SHOULD be)...Resistance training, although short, was also intense...

Pump and Vascularity: Pumps extreme, starting with HIIT...Vascularity blues lines snaking across gold...

Body Composition and Look: Soon enough it will be where I want it to be.

Appetite: Ravenous! I ate and ate and ate some more and then ate again, until I almost thought that I was going to POP!

Overall Sense of Feeling: My first White Christmas. This time last year I never imagined that I would be here experiencing this! It has been wonderful and almost magical. Had my new family over. Like a dream...Hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas. Back to the REAL world now...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_5xo9YpmQ"]YouTube- Beauty and the Beast- Celine Dion[/ame]​

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 360

1307 - Gazelle 30 min.

1339 - Stretch 20 min.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxRIxovS7nQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]​

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0130-0551 (waking at 0200 and 0502), so ~4 hours sleep. Could NOT go to sleep very well once woke up at 2345. Sleep was once again broken and very lightly slept. Dreaming a different and vivid dream each time I fell asleep...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There.

Energy: Not much.

Motivation: Still searching for it. I don't understand it, seeing as I have all the incentive in the world to get back into shape as soon as I can. Took forever to get myself to train today.

Mood/Aggression: Fine.

Stress: Far TOO high.

Libido: Still high.

Joints: Better.

Endurance: Ok.

Quality of Training: Time passed fast. Didn't seem like 30 min.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in shoulders and arms...Vascularity ropes...

Body Composition and Look: Understandable after yesterday.

Appetite: Hungry...Need to drink more water...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Could be better. Working on my attitude.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 361

1029 - HIIT Skip:
a. 10 x 1 min effort/30 sec break
b. 10 x 20 sec effort/10 sec break

1054 - Gazelle 20 min.

1116 - Stretch 24 min.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQm9mEbNy8"]YouTube- Cascada - Perfect Day[/ame]​

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0627, so nearly 7 hours sleep. Deep. No more waking (amazing how much a supplement can affect sleep and other aspects of life). Dreaming...Woke with swollen glands and a sore throat...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Took 4 hours after waking to get it, but got it. Once finished training just losing myself in books and going to keep doing so until bedtime...

Energy: Not there on waking. Took 4 hours to work myself up to get it to train.

Motivation: I NEED to hold onto what I have to do!

Mood/Aggression: Good mood. Calm. Deceptively relaxed.

Libido: VERY HIGH!

Joints: Better. Always aware of my left wrist, though.

Endurance: Good.

Quality of Training: Not as much of a pump in my shoulders and arms whilst skipping today. Faltering a little with some efforts. Overall, a good session. Sweating buckets.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs...Vascularity STRONG...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs, shoulders, and arms. I can feel how hard my arms are, especially triceps, NOT doing anything!

Body Composition and Look: Gained 9lb in 2 days from all that food, LOL (it will be gone in a few days, though)!

Appetite: Back to normal...Concentrating on drinking more...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Trying not to let everything bother me and have quiet confidence that I WILL accomplish everything that I want to achieve WHEN I WANT to!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 362

0950 - HIIT Skip:
a. 10 x 60 sec effort/30 sec rest
b. 10 x 40 sec effort/20 sec rest
c. 10 x 20 sec effort/10 sec rest

1024 - Stretch 31 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0703 (waking at 0257), so ~7 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming...Woke during the night with sharp pains in my chest every time my heart beat or I took a breath and finding it hard to breathe...Woke eventually with my throat worse than yesterday, so sore that even heartbeats in my neck cause pain...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There all day.

Energy: Hyped! Got a special sort of energy today.

Motivation: 4 weeks!

Mood/Aggression: Great!

Stress: High.

Libido: Off the charts!

Joints: All good.

Quality of Training: Sweating quite a lot. Efforts well done.

Pump and Vascularity: Legs, especially lower legs...Vascularity strong...

Body Composition and Look: Lower legs look great...Feel like I'm holding quite a bit of water and it's rather uncomfortable...

Appetite: Not really wanting to eat anything, since it hurts to talk, let alone swallow food!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Mentally I'm doing better...Physically I feel like sh*t. I decided to make today my Day OFF this week, because of my throat and having a temperature (guess that's what I get for running around in the snow outside in nothing but a t-shirt). However, my mind could not simply let me do nothing, so I did some HIIT...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 363

0944 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

1001 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Seated BB Shoulder Press 6 x 12, 10, 8, 8, 10, 8
2. DB Shoulder Press 4 x 10, 10, 8, 6
3. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10
4. Incline DB Rear Raises 4 x 10
5. BB Military Press 4 x 15, 12, 10, 8

1044 - Run:
a. 1 x 4 min effort/2 min rest
b. 1 x 2 min effort/1 min rest
c. 1 x 1 min effort

1055 - Stretch 20 min.

1701 - Gazelle 20 min.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK44AQjSH1Y"]YouTube- Hate me - Five Finger Death Punch[/ame]​

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0528 (waking at 0440), so nearly 6.5 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There all day!

Energy: In the gym it was like I was energized by something else I had that much energy. I was quite surprised re running, as the last few weeks running I have felt leaden and slow.

Motivation: All incentive! I CAN, MUST AND WILL DO THIS!!!

Mood/Aggression: Pretty good mood all day.

Stress: High.

Libido: High as high; it's like I'm craving sex all the time!

Joints: Left wrist was a little sore during Seated BB Shoulder Press, but nothing afterwards.

Endurance: Good. Need to start building speed endurance up again.

Strength: Went up in weights again.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was seriously the best ever. I didn't start faltering re pace until the last effort. For the first few minutes, though, my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest (guess my body isn't used to moving so fast), and i was quite heady. Allowed a shorter HIIT because I did an HIIT session yesterday on my 'Day Off'...Resistance training was awesome...Run post-weights was me like a rocket during each effort...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was strong from the end of my HIIT Run, only getting stronger during resistance training...Vascularity could be better, but still strong...

Body Composition and Look: Feeling better.

Appetite: Taking it under control.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Still have a sore throat, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday...Have been getting very heated, during both training and throughout the day. Sweating far more than normal...Also very dizzy every time I get up...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 364

0943 - Skip 10 min.

0954 - Gazelle 10 min.

1007 - Stretch 23 min.

1027 - Hamstrings/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to ground) 5 x 20
2. Crunches (legs at 90 degrees, fully extended, hands to toes) 5 x 20
3. BB Good Mornings (upper body parallel to floor) 5 x 10
4. Deadbugs (with crunch at top, hands to toes) 5 x 10

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk_3mA-jQvY&feature=related"]YouTube- Demon Hunter-Not I[/ame]​

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0615 (waking at 0234 and 0457), so just under 6.5 hours sleep. Sleep was deep. I was OUT last night when went to bed. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Good right up until an hour or so AFTER training. Crashed so BAD; walking around like a zombie, my legs trembling and just wanting to collapse, with eyes sore and tired and head not wanting to think. Fatigue passed a little at ~1400, but still not wanting to much else today but chill...

Energy: Great for training, although quite lightheaded during resistance training...Not feeling so much like doing a lot later...

Motivation: I AM BACK!

Mood/Aggression: Good mood...Got a little crabby when I was out because I just wanted to be sleeping...Better now...

Libido: Seriously, who IS this woman? :D

Joints: Left wrist twinging sharply a few times when tilted back...

Strength: Fine.

Quality of Training: Cardio was fine; LOTS of sweat (I've decided to stop using a fan when I train in the basement, so that I get more heated; although I do NOT like being hot when training and over heat easily)...Resistance training was good. Feeling hamstrings...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump strong in legs....Vascularity also strong...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs and shoulders.

Body Composition and Look: Definitely a lot better than a few days ago. No longer feel like I'm holding water. Eviscerate is definitely having an effect on legs...

Appetite: I am being GOOD.

Overall Sense of Feeling: It has been a complete turnaround over the last few days, despite sore throat (which has gotten a lot better since been dosing Vitamin C at 1g three times daily for the last two days). Good. Keep this up!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 365

1228 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
e. 4 min jogging

1253 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 6 x 12, 12, 12, 10, 8, 6
2. Dips 6 x 8
Superset B -
3. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 6 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6
4. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB under Chest) 6 x 8
Superset C -
5. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 12
6. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 6

1407 - Stretch 20 min.

2005 - Gazelle 20 min.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__hGIzJpGY"]YouTube- Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Day - Official Music Video[/ame]​

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0735 (waking at 0135 and 0237), so ~6.5 hours sleep. Alert and 'awake' late last night (interesting considering how I was feeling early afternoon). Woke feeling fine, but with extreme DOMS in hamstrings and calves from yesterday (miss IGF-2, but will have it again in about a week). Deep sleep. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: I have been so focused today.

Energy: Bouncing around the hardest ever today. Energy in the gym was unreal; I have found my new favourite preworkout product!

Motivation: Excellent.

Mood/Aggression: Aggressive in the gym; I was NOT going to give an inch...Mood has been fine all day up until not so long ago...

Libido: HIGH.

Joints: Left wrist only ached a few times in the gym and was fine throughout the day.

Endurance: Excellent. Speed endurance is also starting to pick up again.

Strength: Picking back up again.

Quality of Training: HIIT was excellent! I was REALLY pushing myself hard during my efforts (I usually go as hard as I can, but I have been so fatigued lately and don't feel as if they have been as great), asking for MORE, with all of them aside from a couple in my second set explosive...Resistance training was great. Time passed quickly...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump carried over from HIIT, getting harder during resistance training...Vascularity knots and rope...

Body Composition and Look: Starting to look passable...Anterior delt and arm definition during resistance training good...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Happy New Year...So closes one chapter and another opens. Positive going into 2010 (I have technically had 365 days and 18 hours this year, since coming to the US gained me a bit by being behind NZ). Looking forward to what 2010 holds. I plan on making it MY year!...Thought that this Nickelback song (although I have used it in here before) is very fitting and the perfect way to end one year and enter the next: "...Each day's a gift and not a given right, Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind, And try to take the path less traveled by, That first step you take is the longest stride...Against the grain should be a way of life, What's worth the prize is always worth the fight, Every second counts 'cause there's no second try, So live like you'll never live it twice...It's never too late to shoot for the stars, Regardless of who you are, So do whatever it takes, 'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life, Let nothin' stand in your way, 'Cause the hands of time are never on your side"...SURGE FORWARD INTO 2010! DREAM HIGH! AIM FOR THE STARS! TAKE NO PRISONERS! NEVER ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN THE BEST THAT YOU CAN GIVE!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Status
Not open for further replies.