The case for DMAA - thoughts?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
of course they are going at it hard and they are going to put on a show- why? they are being taken to court.

also, whatever they send out or whatever they take has no barring or shouldnt (sorry this is the gov were talking about) be part of the case. if they find some form of dmaa that xyc - for example- is using, thats on them. this is about using a supp that has been proven to be found in natural products.

at the end of the day, hold on, wtf is Trump? this is a perfect example of tax money being wasted. do we get a refund on this
Im not saying its right, I would love for DMAA to stick around, its great, Im just saying in my opinion it definitely will be removed from the market shortly.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there anything to the argument "but you have to use the natural extract and not some synthetic facsimile!!1!"?
If you read the text in the OP you'll see the govt directly admits compounds can be synthesized

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Im not saying its right, I would love for DMAA to stick around, its great, Im just saying in my opinion it definitely will be removed from the market shortly.
and honestly, i think your right- hope were wrong

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess well see if those warning letters pop up in the next 1-2 weeks

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess well see if those warning letters pop up in the next 1-2 weeks
warning letters over DMAA have been going out for just about 5 years now, that doesn't change the fact that its currently being handled in federal court, Hi-Tech vs FDA.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ofcourse it doesn't and sure random warning letters every now and again have gone out but 50 warning letters at once in an industry wide sweep to remove the ingredient coupled with raids and seizures must mean their pretty darn confident..

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If so, it would appear to me, a last desperate move before they tap out. I'm JAFO. :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ofcourse it doesn't and sure random warning letters every now and again have gone out but 50 warning letters at once in an industry wide sweep to remove the ingredient coupled with raids and seizures must mean their pretty darn confident..
where you getting this 50 number from?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there was nothing random about the 12 or so warning letter on DMAA in 2012.....

dmaaresearch.com

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or desperate. It's a good move by them, imo. They still have the power for now. Why not use it

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
there was nothing random about the 12 or so warning letter on DMAA in 2012.....

dmaaresearch.com
No one was referencing the 12 warning letters in 2012, it was clearly in refrence to warning letters that followed in the last 5 years. No warning letter from the FDA is 'random', your taking it out of context.

Or desperate. It's a good move by them, imo. They still have the power for now. Why not use it
Yep, could very well be true, I just dont think so. I think they are crossing there T's and dotting there I's for a big crackdown. But again its just my opinion, I would love to see DMAA stick around but this is just my opinion.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are commenting on fiction or a fairy tale are we role playing??....

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is 50 made up?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope, it was what I was told from someone that would know. Will be very simple to find out if I am completely wrong or not, we will see in the next 2 weeks or so
sounds super legit and would be a historic event, especially during this administration.....

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds super legit and would be a historic event, especially during this administration.....
LOL this.

50 warning letters in less than a week now...we shall see :sad3:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if the trump administration is behind the ban...and it goes to federal court, the federal courts are stacked with Obama appointees-anything trump is for they will go against. so I say dmaa has a good chance of sticking around!!!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if the trump administration is behind the ban...and it goes to federal court, the federal courts are stacked with Obama appointees-anything trump is for they will go against. so I say dmaa has a good chance of sticking around!!!

LOL

I am not a fan of ANY presidential administration, however Trump is not behind the attack on DMAA

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LOL

I am not a fan of ANY presidential administration, however Trump is not behind the attack on DMAA
that is unfortunate for those of us who are fans of dmaa...if trump were pushing the ban I would bet money the liberal courts would go against him...:sgrin:

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Should have gotten the chance to vote for Bernie.
We'd have legal pot, and steroids would be just something to ignore. The FDA could then turn their attention to Monsanto... (mergers) cough. DMAA would not even be on the map to worry about.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should have gotten the chance to vote for Bernie.
We'd have legal pot, and steroids would be just something to ignore. The FDA could then turn their attention to Monsanto... (mergers) cough. DMAA would not even be on the map to worry about.
Really, you're honestly trying to say that there wouldn't be a battle over DMAA if Sanders was President, despite the fact that this issue has been going on long before Trump was elected? What, if Bernie won the FDA would have just said "screw it, we'll focus on something else now that we feel the Bern?"

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Really, you're honestly trying to say that there wouldn't be a battle over DMAA if Sanders was President, despite the fact that this issue has been going on long before Trump was elected? What, if Bernie won the FDA would have just said "screw it, we'll focus on something else now that we feel the Bern?"
Not really. It was more of a speculative and humorous jab.

I think [would have hoped] the FDA would have been more busy doing more important things like keeping the poisons out of our food.
I can be wrong, as it's just speculation and a bit of humor in light of the fact of what was done to Bernie by Hillary, and Trump is not your friend when it comes to anything related to the supplement industry or health.

Everything would have been better if Bernie had gotten the nomination, at least, or elected.
At least for us all in this industry. How would it not have been? I don't wish to begin a political derailing here. DMAA is still our focus. (pun)

Cheers!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really. It was more of a speculative and humorous jab.

I think [would have hoped] the FDA would have been more busy doing more important things like keeping the poisons out of our food.
I can be wrong, as it's just speculation and a bit of humor in light of the fact of what was done to Bernie by Hillary, and Trump is not your friend when it comes to anything related to the supplement industry or health.

Everything would have been better if Bernie had gotten the nomination, at least, or elected.
At least for us all in this industry. How would it not have been? I don't wish to begin a political derailing here. DMAA is still our focus. (pun)

Cheers!
What I'm saying is that the battle over DMAA has been going on long before this past election cycle, so it's not like the whole anti-DMAA crusade is a result of a Trump Presidency. It doesn't make sense to think that if Bernie was elected that the FDA would have all of a sudden dropped the DMAA issue that they invested time and money in, and switch their entire focus to, as you say, "more important things like keeping the poisons out of our food."

Also, the vast majority of politicians aren't our friends in regards to supplements, or what we put in our bodies in general. Wasn't the New York ban on large sodas done by a Democrat? Both sides want to tell us what we can and can't put in our bodies, it's just they have different ideas of what's "bad for us."

I don't want to turn this into another political thread, but if you don't either, I advise not bringing up essentially irrelevant politicians/issues for some sort of humor, especially when you know that it's likely a somewhat inflammatory issue/topic (Trump/Clinton/Sanders/etc).

I apologize if my sense of humor isn't working quite right this morning, but Bernie has nothing to do with DMAA, nor does Trump.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok. Get coffee. :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Wasn't the New York ban on large sodas done by a Democrat?
Nah, it was that dumbazz Michael Bloomberg :D (Libertarian here, none of my guys are ever responsible for anything :D :D).

I wonder how many CongressCritters are on TRT? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so hard not to post political things!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

PS (haven't read the whole thread) Has it been confirmed on what exactly the Blackstone thing was about? I heard the DMAA was a Red Herring?

Lots of actual AAS raids going on (Iron Addicts, etc...).

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Lol, nah I hear you. I'm a libertarian at heart even though it's a somewhat untenable and idealistic political opinion. Also, Hopkins love for that "dumbazz" Mike B

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I don't get why not just have an age limit or something to purchase dmaa products. Just like alcohol u have to be 21 to purchase.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't get why not just have an age limit or something to purchase dmaa products. Just like alcohol u have to be 21 to purchase.
you know how easy it is for a teenager to get alcohol? or anything else for that matter:silly:

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pass an IQ test. Saves us all from drunk drivers at the same time.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just want OG Detonate back.
please

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
How about ds craze original pre workout ? Same ingredients as original detonate but way stronger

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so how many of those 50 warning letters have been sent so far?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so...those 50 warning letters?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol...the supp industry is just one big soap opera!!!

i know a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy that knows his shiit that told my friend who told his brother who posted it on his social media that my brother read who told me...solid source bro.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i know a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy that knows his shiit that told my friend who told his brother who posted it on his social media that my brother read who told me...solid source bro.
sad but true....

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to worry about whether FDA would get this stuff permanently banned but since then (about 12 months ago) I've found so many other better options for clarity and energy. I've found that DMAA is basically only good for late night training when I need the energy but plan to sleep a normal schedule. 75+mg almost undoubtedly causes a serious crash 2hrs after. So that is probably the only unique thing I find in this supplement nowadays.