The Blacklist- Terms/Conditions

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Personally if the logger doesn't show up anymore that is the reason for the black list. If logger reappears with hey XXX happened to me sorry I'll make it up to company then that's worth reconsidering.
True. Black listing makes me look like "The Bad Guy."

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
geez...people come and go on this forum all the time. most of the major players when i joined are all gone. i had issues with my internet provider and didn't post much for a few months, when i started posting regularly again it was a whole lot of new players...the point i am making is that life happens, what we should be concerned about is a guy like suresha who keeps reappearing just long enough to sneak in apps on new company sponsors[and reps]who aren't aware of his shenanigans!!! i honestly believe that the majority of guys who put apps in really do make every effort to fulfill their obligation, sometimes life just gets in the way......

guys like suresha on the other hand.........

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only apply to steal product! Blacklist me bish!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It happening once is a reason for companies to be cautious in picking them, when its 2 or 3 times then i see black list

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It happening once is a reason for companies to be cautious in picking them, when its 2 or 3 times then i see black list
That's a logical thought as well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about the influx of newbs in every company promotion thread?. Seriously, what is going on with that?. Do they just search google for "Free supplements" and that's how they end up here?.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just tried googling "free supplements" and ended up on youtube and there are a ton of videos from guys explaining how to go to bb.com and "get free supplements". People are pretty greedy. Sure I've entered some promotions but these newbs who promotion hop disgust me. Maybe have some rules that you need to be an established user of at least one year before being able to enter promotions and giveaways.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just tried googling "free supplements" and ended up on youtube and there are a ton of videos from guys explaining how to go to bb.com and "get free supplements". People are pretty greedy. Sure I've entered some promotions but these newbs who promotion hop disgust me. Maybe have some rules that you need to be an established user of at least 2 years before being able to enter promotions and giveaways.
Oh yeah just count me out...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just tried googling "free supplements" and ended up on youtube and there are a ton of videos from guys explaining how to go to bb.com and "get free supplements". People are pretty greedy. Sure I've entered some promotions but these newbs who promotion hop disgust me. Maybe have some rules that you need to be an established user of at least one year before being able to enter promotions and giveaways.
even better, limit the amount of promotions 1 member can have a app in at any one time!!! i see the same guys enter every damned promo

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe have some rules that you need to be an established user of at least one year before being able to enter promotions and giveaways.

lol...hell, half of the reps on here haven't even been a member for a year.......:usaribbon:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
lol...hell, half of the reps on here haven't even been a member for a year.......:usaribbon:
Remember who sponsors you.
Reps did the job they needed to do to be where they needed/wanted to be.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Remember who sponsors you.
Reps did the job they needed to do to be where they needed/wanted to be.
lol...it is what it is, things change.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What about companies that advertise free samples but don't follow thru????

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
What about companies that advertise free samples but don't follow thru????
I've actually had this happen where I'm a reasonable person, i don't sign up for multiple promotions at once. I've submitted my personal info after going through a comprehensive selection process filling out detailed applications and compiling past logs only to be told week after week that "it's just shipped" and really it never arrives and i watch many other great logging opportunities come and go...

While they can't go on a blacklist necessarily... they are a company after all... there should be some sort of repercussion against the company or some sort of compensation required of a company if we are to be held accountable as well.

Bottom line is, I've posted on boards for over 8 years. I've dedicated TONS of hours, days and at this point years of my life to amassing knowledge on products in general how they effect ones physiology and more importantly how i personally react to different compounds. I feel my time and input is valuable and my feedback is candid and informative.

Sure i get to try a supplement for "free" but believe me considering how much i make for my regular job, they are getting my time for one hell of a discount. Not to mention a possible positive and comprehensive review of their product.

So while this quoted comment may sound silly to some, he makes a VERY valid point. Accountability should be just as important on both ends of the spectrum.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Accountability yes, such as running a full promo on behalf of a company and then shafting the winners. That has happened to me with AMS years ago. However a rep offering free samples, I mean come on. First off it's FREE, you didn't earn it, you didn't apply for it, and it isn't OWED to you. Secondly, you can't necessarily hold a single rep accountable for the entire company for something so trivial and silly. Sure it would be nice to get the free samples but let's face it, some reps are much better at representing their company then others. Many have things that come up and paying postage to send out a couple free samples is low on the priority scale.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Accountability yes, such as running a full promo on behalf of a company and then shafting the winners. That has happened to me with AMS years ago. However a rep offering free samples, I mean come on. First off it's FREE, you didn't earn it, you didn't apply for it, and it isn't OWED to you. Secondly, you can't necessarily hold a single rep accountable for the entire company for something so trivial and silly. Sure it would be nice to get the free samples but let's face it, some reps are much better at representing their company then others. Many have things that come up and paying postage to send out a couple free samples is low on the priority scale.
agreed

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately guys we cannot blacklist paying sponsors.
Sucks when they don't send you what they promised but I doubt Admin is going to let the board's non paying members kick out their source of income.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Very true and Agree 100%

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can respect what you are saying BUT when there is a company banner at the top of Anabolic Minds offering free samples and when numerous people are not receiving them, this is a problem. You guys aren't stupid, you can figure out who I am talking about. But like anything, one company does not spoil it for the others.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
I've been a member for a long time now and never received any free products from any company except samples from nutraplanet

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been a member for a long time now and never received any free products from any company except samples from nutraplanet
Nobody owes you FREE products. If you want to earn some by doing reviews or logs, then just put up some apps in the company promo section.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've actually had this happen where I'm a reasonable person, i don't sign up for multiple promotions at once. I've submitted my personal info after going through a comprehensive selection process filling out detailed applications and compiling past logs only to be told week after week that "it's just shipped" and really it never arrives and i watch many other great logging opportunities come and go...

While they can't go on a blacklist necessarily... they are a company after all... there should be some sort of repercussion against the company or some sort of compensation required of a company if we are to be held accountable as well.

Bottom line is, I've posted on boards for over 8 years. I've dedicated TONS of hours, days and at this point years of my life to amassing knowledge on products in general how they effect ones physiology and more importantly how i personally react to different compounds. I feel my time and input is valuable and my feedback is candid and informative.

Sure i get to try a supplement for "free" but believe me considering how much i make for my regular job, they are getting my time for one hell of a discount. Not to mention a possible positive and comprehensive review of their product.

So while this quoted comment may sound silly to some, he makes a VERY valid point. Accountability should be just as important on both ends of the spectrum.
exactly...considering how much advertising in magazines cost, giving away a few products for month long logs/reviews is very, very cheap!!!
it must be, because you see a promo section on almost every forum, plus how often do companies get screwed by suresha's, not very often...this whole friggin thread is a whole lot made out of nothing, imo.

geezus....i bet companies give away more free stuff at the arnold in one day than all the companies combined lose out on by non-loggers in 5 f'ing years, lol. get over it!!!!

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Nobody owes you FREE products. If you want to earn some by doing reviews or logs, then just put up some apps in the company promo section.
Relax kingjames, never said anyone owed me anything, just noticed for as long as I've been a member I don't recall getting any promos or products and ur right it's because I don't put up apps or ask about them.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Relax kingjames, never said anyone owed me anything, just noticed for as long as I've been a member I don't recall getting any promos or products and ur right it's because I don't put up apps or ask about them.
Not trying to attack you bud, just pointing out that there is no right or entitlement to free products except through the company promos when selected. Throw some apps in and I'm sure you'll get your chance to log a product if you want it.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
exactly...considering how much advertising in magazines cost, giving away a few products for month long logs/reviews is very, very cheap!!!
it must be, because you see a promo section on almost every forum, plus how often do companies get screwed by suresha's, not very often...this whole friggin thread is a whole lot made out of nothing, imo.

geezus....i bet companies give away more free stuff at the arnold in one day than all the companies combined lose out on by non-loggers in 5 f'ing years, lol. get over it!!!!
The proof is in the pudding...

This thread was made, my guess in response to one individual... maybe a couple... but then there were no admissions for about 6 months till it was bumped... then not much again until this single member again goes on a supp whoring spree..

I agree there should be repercussions against said types of members. That's as simple as a rep pming a mod... there's already rules covering this when you join that you agree to...No need for a list of parameters before admission of names for blacklist/banning, waiting period and so on... Just ban the a hole and be done with it.

It should be a reps job in the first place when running a promotion to look into a potential loggers previous contributions beyond what's portrayed in a tester application... this would honestly weed out 99% of potential crap candidates.

I'm only saying stuff like this cause I've repped multiple times myself and its really not hard to earn your keep especially when playing with your companies commodities.

Do your job and there won't be an issue in the first place.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

This thread was made, my guess in response to one individual... maybe a couple... but then there were no admissions for about 6 months till it was bumped... then not much again until this single member again goes on a supp whoring spree..

I agree there should be repercussions against said types of members. That's as simple as a rep pming a mod... there's already rules covering this when you join that you agree to...No need for a list of parameters before admission of names for blacklist/banning, waiting period and so on... Just ban the a hole and be done with it.

It should be a reps job in the first place when running a promotion to look into a potential loggers previous contributions beyond what's portrayed in a tester application... this would honestly weed out 99% of potential crap candidates.

I'm only saying stuff like this cause I've repped multiple times myself and its really not hard to earn your keep especially when playing with your companies commodities.

well said!!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good call Dough.

This is where post counts need to be higher for a product opp log.

Cuts out those cheap skates... Maybe AM can look at putting a log review score for similar to a rep point scoring system. This way people get a feedback on their logging and its recorded

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
Good call Dough.

This is where post counts need to be higher for a product opp log.

Cuts out those cheap skates... Maybe AM can look at putting a log review score for similar to a rep point scoring system. This way people get a feedback on their logging and its recorded
I like the post count idea and you should include people that have at least decent rep power to, not to sure about the feedback scoring thing <-- I can see people abusing that system.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like the post count idea and you should include people that have at least decent rep power to, not to sure about the feedback scoring thing <-- I can see people abusing that system.
lol...like people don't abuse the rep point system...

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The 99% might be a bit high but yes. Of course when a newer member is just starting out, they don't have a background that can be checked into. If no one gives them a chance to log, then they don't get the background for future opps. There are times that a rep goes out on a limb for some people to give them a chance. If we only picked those that had a background to check out, it would be worse with the same people running multiple logs one after the other. It is good to get some new blood and that is what this thread is really all about is the newer guys that have not made a good name for themselves as a respected logger already. After all, most of the reps here pretty much know who is who of the veteran loggers here and this thread is NOT needed for them, just the newer members.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The 99% might be a bit high but yes. Of course when a newer member is just starting out, they don't have a background that can be checked into. If no one gives them a chance to log, then they don't get the background for future opps. There are times that a rep goes out on a limb for some people to give them a chance. If we only picked those that had a background to check out, it would be worse with the same people running multiple logs one after the other. It is good to get some new blood and that is what this thread is really all about is the newer guys that have not made a good name for themselves as a respected logger already. After all, most of the reps here pretty much know who is who of the veteran loggers here and this thread is NOT needed for them, just the newer members.
i like the part where he said just pm a mod, ban the a-hole and be done with it!!!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Maybe not 99% but pretty close, this isn't a logging community... logs are done as part of the info sharing done in the community.

There are many other ways someone can contribute to build a reputation and more then anything, free products aren't necessary to perform a log, they can sponsor their own supplement log, review aproduct they already purchased and used or even just run a detailed workout log of their own.

Every opportunity is afforded to them the second they join to prove themselves, no one and no company "has to" give them a chance. They can build their own background.

When it comes to running a sponsored log...

It's not a right, it's a privilege.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe not 99% but pretty close, this isn't a logging community... logs are done as part of the info sharing done in the community.

There are many other ways someone can contribute to build a reputation and more then anything, free products aren't necessary to perform a log, they can sponsor their own supplement log, review aproduct they already purchased and used or even just run a detailed workout log of their own.

Every opportunity is afforded to them the second they join to prove themselves, no one and no company "has to" give them a chance. They can build their own background.

When it comes to running a sponsored log...

It's not a right, it's a privilege.
I agree, it is definitely a privilege! The thing about running a log with a product that they bought is that they have a vested stake in it to complete the product. Some don't feel that way with a "free" product. I too believe that the rep has to do their job and check background first. I agree with what you are saying but just throwing in some different variables.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great idea! Logging your progress while on the sample is the best part!! I guess I didn't realize some people on here take advantage of the opportunities they're given. Sad deal.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I think the spirit of this thread is getting a little clouded. When I first started reading am.com, I found the logs very informative, and when looking to purchase a new product, I look for detailed logs to see how it was working, what the "average" guy thought about it, etc. Good logs can come from anybody, and the number of posts, rep points, or length of membership have nothing to do with whether or not someone will run a good detailed log. Unfortunately, Ive seen many, many unfinished and abandoned logs, not everyone from a scumbag just looking to scam a company out of product, some from people who had problems they felt were big enough to not complete their commitment, maybe their kids were sick, or their dog died, or they had to study for finals, or cover a sick coworkers shift. Point is whether its a scumbag trying to scam free products, or a regular joe who had problems, they didn't complete their log, life happens, **** happens, if they agree to do it, and don't, then they go on the black list.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ive noticed the same people apply for every promo and sadly get chosen over and over....

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about those guys that are doing like 5 logs at a time?.
Bro to test the effects of a new supplement I start by running at least 6 other new supplements at the same time. That was we have a better idea of how it works with other stuff on the market.

Also I don't run logs of new products unless I'm on cycle. That way we know how it effects people who are on a cycle.

;)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
No one still on the forums