The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have a question... I take St- John Worts supp. for my mood,,, and since 3 days I start taking ArA

I saw that sjw can have anti-inflammatory effects...

Do you think i have to stop sjw the time of my ArA cycle???

Thanks for answers...
Most people suggest dosing anti-inflammatories as far away from your workout as possible

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would ArA be pointless if one uses 5 mg of prednisone daily? It is used to treat certain inflammatory diseases, so does that also mean it will negate ArA dosing?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Would ArA be pointless if one uses 5 mg of prednisone daily? It is used to treat certain inflammatory diseases, so does that also mean it will negate ArA dosing?
I can’t imagine any oral corticosteroid playing well with an ArA supplement. How long are you on prednisone for

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I have to take 5 mg every day as part of a medicine regime for a transplant.
You’re going to be on some form of immunosuppressant for life, even after the prednisone... so I’d probably nix the ArA. Plenty of other options that don’t have anything to do with the inflammatory process.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know that. I've been on my medication for 6 years now.

The half life of prednisone is 3-4 hours, so would supplementing with ArA outside of that window be effective?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

The half life of prednisone is 3-4 hours, so would supplementing with ArA outside of that window be effective?
Sorry about that, I thought it was a new med you were just starting. Even though the half life is around 3-4 hours, it’s still going to be in your system and working for 15-20+ hours, basically the entire day. And you’re on long term use as well...Personally I would not mix the two, but ArA is one of the few supplements that just about any doctor will be familiar with. You can speak with them about mixing the two. Not that ArA will kill you or anything, but in your situation it’s probably not the best choice.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

Sorry about that, I thought it was a new med you were just starting. Even though the half life is around 3-4 hours, it’s still going to be in your system and working for 15-20+ hours, basically the entire day. And you’re on long term use as well...Personally I would not mix the two, but ArA is one of the few supplements that just about any doctor will be familiar with. You can speak with them about mixing the two. Not that ArA will kill you or anything, but in your situation it’s probably not the best choice.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My main concern is that the Prednisone will render it useless and it will be a waste of money.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
My main concern is that the Prednisone will render it useless and it will be a waste of money.
That’s a very valid concern. I can tell you really want to run it but it’s probably not the right choice for you.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Is there really a problem going over 50 workouts? What would it be?

And if you work out 5/6 days a week, is there a problem if you take it straight with only one day pause?
Jiigzz

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is there really a problem going over 50 workouts? What would it be?

And if you work out 5/6 days a week, is there a problem if you take it straight with only one day pause?
Jiigzz
The research was done on 50 workout days IIRC. Therefore, no one can tell you what the negative implications may be. Some worry about systematic inflammation occurring if continuing ArA for too long. I’m honestly unsure how much of a concern it would be, though. Nonetheless, I’d just run it for the 50 workout days.

To your second question, that’d be fine.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Will intra's like Glycofuse deny the effect of ArA?
I prefer to not use carbs intra with ArA but the difference is probably negligible, especially if the carbs are your typical 25-30g consumed slowly throughout your workout

hrvi7

hrvi7

Awards
I prefer to not use carbs intra with ArA but the difference is probably negligible, especially if the carbs are your typical 25-30g consumed slowly throughout your workout
Yeah thats what i tought, but still wanted to check, thanks

TreatnHerRigt

TreatnHerRigt

Awards
Just a quick question for whoever knows.

Ive currently picked up X-Gels based on the information ive read it goes good with other supplements im taking. I just want to know what would be the recommended times to take all of them.

Currently using:
15g Fern Lecithin Granules (First Day for this)
6 X-Gels (First day for this too)
1 Serving Ergonine
1 Serving of Performax VasoMax
1 Serving of Sidewalk Kraka

What i had done today was workout fasted taking ALL of my supplements above 45 minutes Pre-Workout. Is this too many at once or is this okay or what would you recommend, like spacing out the dosage?

My main thing is getting the Optimal situation for X-Gels.

Thanks!

hrvi7

hrvi7

Awards
Just a quick question for whoever knows.

Ive currently picked up X-Gels based on the information ive read it goes good with other supplements im taking. I just want to know what would be the recommended times to take all of them.

Currently using:
15g Fern Lecithin Granules (First Day for this)
6 X-Gels (First day for this too)
1 Serving Ergonine
1 Serving of Performax VasoMax
1 Serving of Sidewalk Kraka

What i had done today was workout fasted taking ALL of my supplements above 45 minutes Pre-Workout. Is this too many at once or is this okay or what would you recommend, like spacing out the dosage?

My main thing is getting the Optimal situation for X-Gels.

Thanks!
I also train fasted and i think 45 mins may be too long, my prew and ara kick in about 15 mins after consuming them, but i wouldnt worry too much about it, try taking it 30 mins before and see if it makes difference, just try out different timings to see how your body responds

TreatnHerRigt

TreatnHerRigt

Awards
Yeah thanks, Im just trying to make sure that taking the Fern Lecithin (Which contains fats, but is an emulsifier) is okay to take at same time as X gels because they should be taken on an empty stomach.

hrvi7

hrvi7

Awards
Yeah thanks, Im just trying to make sure that taking the Fern Lecithin (Which contains fats, but is an emulsifier) is okay to take at same time as X gels because they should be taken on an empty stomach.
They are, no worries, its recommended on the first page of this thread

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Not an issue. Take with Xgels :)

bcrocker

bcrocker

Awards
sorry if this has been asked before but i was wondering if I take the ARA 45 min before a workout on an emptyish stomach, and then a carb drink right before my workout if that would have any negitive impact on the ARA doing its thing?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How far away from dosing ara would one have to consume olive oil, black seed oil, or mac nut oil?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry if this has been asked before but i was wondering if I take the ARA 45 min before a workout on an emptyish stomach, and then a carb drink right before my workout if that would have any negitive impact on the ARA doing its thing?
Q4: Can I still take my Intra-workout drinks while using Ara?

The short answer is yes. Even if insulin was secreted during exercise it would be more sensitive to muscle cells however exercise raises phsiological levels of epinephrine which inhibits insulin release during exercise.

How far away from dosing ara would one have to consume olive oil, black seed oil, or mac nut oil?
Most recommend 6+ hours.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What’s the optimal amount pre workout if money isn’t an issue?

ArA 1000mg or?

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’d say 1.5g. Never tried 2g though
Have you tried 1.5g?

Would be interested to know if anyone who has done 2g and if they felt additional benefit over 1.5g dose you mentioned as optimal

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried 1.5g?

Would be interested to know if anyone who has done 2g and if they felt additional benefit over 1.5g dose you mentioned as optimal
I tried 2g years ago. 1.5 was the sweetspot for me and I think most other people when ArA was super popular

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if it's okay to take ARA along with about 40-50g of dark chocolate and green tea as preworkout.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wonder if it's okay to take ARA along with about 40-50g of dark chocolate and green tea as preworkout.
How many grams of carbs? Ideally, it’s taken on an empty stomach, but I wouldn’t sweat it too much if we’re talking 20g carbs or so

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How many grams of carbs? Ideally, it’s taken on an empty stomach, but I wouldn’t sweat it too much if we’re talking 20g carbs or so
Generally 20g can be as a guideline for carbs? It can be around 15-20g yes. But I'm more curious about the antioxidants and componants in both green tea and dark chocolate that act as anti-infrlammatory? no big deal at that intake?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Generally 20g can be as a guideline for carbs? It can be around 15-20g yes. But I'm more curious about the antioxidants and componants in both green tea and dark chocolate that act as anti-infrlammatory? no big deal at that intake?
Should be fine with that amount :)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are we saying we shouldn't be taking Omega 3's at all during ARA usage, or will it not be a problem if I can separate the dose of Omega 3's 10-12 hours away from the dose of X-Factor?
There’s a lot of debate on the topic with two schools of thought.

1. Take Omega 3’s as far away from ArA and you’ll be fine.

2. Omega 3’s will displace/reduce ArA tissue concentration no matter when they are dosed and should be avoided.

When I used to use ArA, I’d discontinue fish oil supplements

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
most of stores are out of stock of x-gels. Any chance avaliable somewhere where it can ship internationally?

SirX

Awards
Anyone know where X-gels or even Arachidonic Acid can be purchased at right now? It's sold out literally everywhere I've checked :33:

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone know where X-gels or even Arachidonic Acid can be purchased at right now? It's sold out literally everywhere I've checked :33:
amzn but price is steep, go with xfactor

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Interesting. Obviously two complete opposites.

I don't like the idea of ditching Omega's, especially as unbalanced amounts of the former and ArA are supposedly linked to cancer?

What about only having Omega's on the 2/3 days I'm not taking ArA each week?
My thought process was that it’s only 2 months or so that you’re running ArA, so I didn’t worry too much about it

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking for x-gels/x-factor if it's avaliable somewhere for international shipping.

Experimenter

Experimenter

Awards
Sorry if this was answered somewhere in this 128 page thread.
I am considering Ara use with my peri-workout nutrition (HBCD, casein hydrolysate), so pre or during workout days only.
Why the 50 workout day limit?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am considering Ara use with my peri-workout nutrition (HBCD, casein hydrolysate), so pre or during workout days only.
The limit is kind of arbitrary unless I’m mistaken. Original bottles of X-factor called for 50 days of use so once people started advocating for the pre only dosing it just shifted to 50 workouts before a break. There probably isn’t a super strict have to break time, but cycling it would be beneficial due to the MOA and using for 2-3 months at a time would probably be fine.

Should be fine with your during workout plan.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just started my 2nd bottle of xfactor a couple days ago. Soreness really hitting this week. Also feeling nice muscle hardness. Been taking 4caps each day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The 50 day limit is in line with the study which evaluated Aras safety when dosed every day for 50 days. Since we don't have data for longer periods at higher dosages, we've just stuck with that recommendation.

herosjourney

Awards
I wonder if the hit-and-miss nature with Ara is linked to the fact that ara is the one omega6 fatty acid extremely vulnerable to become rancid, in a similar manner that fish oil can be rancid and many omega 3 products are already rancid when they end up to store shelves?

I’ve had a lot of success with ara every time i’ve used it though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The 50 day limit is in line with the study which evaluated Aras safety when dosed every day for 50 days. Since we don't have data for longer periods at higher dosages, we've just stuck with that recommendation.
Forgot about the study and that makes sense. Thanks!

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
I lift 4 times a week. Been taking for 60 days now, only on training days. Course it happened sometimes that i took the ara and couldn't hit the gym sometimes, alas, ive been taking 50mg 60 days so far so good. Ill keep u all posted. I am 240lbs.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hi mates today was my first day of x gels cycle. i stack them with a good pre wokrkout with glycerol . this pre workout got vitamin c. my question is ,can i use vitamin c while im cycling x gels ,or vitamin c can reduce the effectiveness of ara?