Help please. X Gels and arachidonic acid

TokyoGeezer

TokyoGeezer

Awards
I'll be starting an x gels run soon and read the excellent help page on it which said omega- 3 should not be used with it. Would omega-6 be okay as it helps with inflammation and I'd like to use Hemodraulix with it as I love the pumps.

Cheers for any help

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Someone may have to back me up on this but isn't ARA an omega 6 fatty acid. So by running ara you are already taking in some omega 6. Don't quote me but you may have to try and look it up.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Yes it is an omega 6, so Hemodraulix probably has ArA in it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes it is an omega 6, so Hemodraulix probably has ArA in it.
If I remember correctly it does. So kind of overkill or just reduce your xgels by the amount in the hemodraulix.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'll be starting an x gels run soon and read the excellent help page on it which said omega- 3 should not be used with it. Would omega-6 be okay as it helps with inflammation and I'd like to use Hemodraulix with it as I love the pumps.

Cheers for any help
The reasoning its recommended to reduce omega-3 intake is because ArA is an inflammatory omega-6. If you love the pumps from Hemodraulix, you're definitely going to enjoy ArA. I would run ArA solo and see how you feel, but I'm pretty sure you won't feel the need to add in another omega-6 product.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
The reasoning its recommended to reduce omega-3 intake is because ArA is an inflammatory omega-6. If you love the pumps from Hemodraulix, you're definitely going to enjoy ArA. I would run ArA solo and see how you feel, but I'm pretty sure you won't feel the need to add in another omega-6 product.
Try the Xgels without the Hemodraulix first and see how you like the pumps. If you're not impressed after a few weeks throw in the Hemodraulix. I was impressed by the pump with Xgels. You might even get to see a new vein or two appear ;)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just dose your omega 6s at least 8 hours away from the x gels. IMO running Hemodraulix with X gels is a waste of Hemodraulix. Save the Hemodraulix for when you aren't running x gels. The pumps on x gels is great on it's own!

TokyoGeezer

TokyoGeezer

Awards
Thanks for the responses everyone

I should have been more specific. In Jiigzz's info on Ara, he says:

'Q7: Should I avoid anything while using Ara?

There are some things that should be avoided whilst using Ara. These include:

-Omega 3's. These fight for metabolism with Ara and therefore should either be dosed 4+ hours away from Ara or omitted from the cycle completely'.

So I wanted to know if this would also happen with Omega-6 also as my favourite pre workout contains it.

Difficult question I know but I'm hoping someone out there has the answer.

Thanks all again

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the responses everyone

I should have been more specific. In Jiigzz's info on Ara, he says:

'Q7: Should I avoid anything while using Ara?

There are some things that should be avoided whilst using Ara. These include:

-Omega 3's. These fight for metabolism with Ara and therefore should either be dosed 4+ hours away from Ara or omitted from the cycle completely'.

So I wanted to know if this would also happen with Omega-6 also as my favourite pre workout contains it.

Difficult question I know but I'm hoping someone out there has the answer.

Thanks all again
aw **** i misread that as omega 3s, my bad. Not sure about Omega 6s. I would probably guess it's ok since ArA is an Omega 6 but lets see what Jiigzz says.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Will be fine.

Omega 3s just compete directly with omega 6s and displace them from cell membranes.

I wouldn't combine fats with your Ara dose, because then it'll just wind up where you don't want it, but definitely no need to avoid them

TokyoGeezer

TokyoGeezer

Awards
Will be fine.

Omega 3s just compete directly with omega 6s and displace them from cell membranes.

I wouldn't combine fats with your Ara dose, because then it'll just wind up where you don't want it, but definitely no need to avoid them
You the man!

This will be my next stack, inspired by your Ara post:

X-Gels ~ 4 pre workout
Anabeta Elite ~ 2 with 2 main carb meals
Radiate Elite Thermogenic ~ A.M.
Axis Labs Hemodraulix ~ Pre workout
L-Carnitine @ 1g ~ Pre workout
Glycerol monostearate @ 6g ~ Pre workout

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You the man!

This will be my next stack, inspired by your Ara post:

X-Gels ~ 4 pre workout
Anabeta Elite ~ 2 with 2 main carb meals
Radiate Elite Thermogenic ~ A.M.
Axis Labs Hemodraulix ~ Pre workout
L-Carnitine @ 1g ~ Pre workout
Glycerol monostearate @ 6g ~ Pre workout
Looks solid!

Keep us updated on how you get on!

TokyoGeezer

TokyoGeezer

Awards
Looks solid!

Keep us updated on how you get on!
I'm thinking of logging it on AA. I'll be training DoggCrapp style, so I should get some decent gains.

Cheers again

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm thinking of logging it on AA. I'll be training DoggCrapp style, so I should get some decent gains.

Cheers again
Oh man you are going to be sore as hell with x gels and DC! Good luck!

TokyoGeezer

TokyoGeezer

Awards
Oh man you are going to be sore as hell with x gels and DC! Good luck!
Haha, yes mate.

I've got to a point where I hardly get sore anymore, especially on legs and chest, so I'm looking forward to the DOMS again.

I'll let AM know how it goes. I'm trying out some other supps too including Radiate.

Cheers

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Off topic, sorry for hijack. Anyone have experience using Forskolin95 with X-gels? I have been cutting for a bit, and using a good dose of it. I have a ton of X-gels and was thinking about starting them again just for chits and giggles.

Anyhow, yea or nay?

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Off topic, sorry for hijack. Anyone have experience using Forskolin95 with X-gels? I have been cutting for a bit, and using a good dose of it. I have a ton of X-gels and was thinking about starting them again just for chits and giggles.

Anyhow, yea or nay?
Alphamax XT contains forskolin and Alphamax XT and Xgels is one of the, if not the, most popular natty stacks on the forum.
If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly: you've been cutting for a while, using forskolin, and you're looking to throw in the Xgels? By all means go for it! Absolutely no problem there.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Alphamax XT contains forskolin and Alphamax XT and Xgels is one of the, if not the, most popular natty stacks on the forum.
If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly: you've been cutting for a while, using forskolin, and you're looking to throw in the Xgels? By all means go for it! Absolutely no problem there.

Thanks man, DOMsville here I come!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Anyhow, yea or nay?
Great stack, especially for cutting/recomping!

TokyoGeezer

TokyoGeezer

Awards
Just updating on the X-Gels and Anabeta run. No soreness yet, so I think I'll up the dose to 6 X-Gels pre workout from next week. I'll also be starting Radiate so I'll post up my experiences.

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Just updating on the X-Gels and Anabeta run. No soreness yet, so I think I'll up the dose to 6 X-Gels pre workout from next week. I'll also be starting Radiate so I'll post up my experiences.
Interested to see how it goes!

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I took both and didn't have an issue as long as I took my ArA about an hour before I trained. Didn't seem to interfere at all. I always take fish oil but I did really like the ArA except it made me sore as hell.

TokyoGeezer

TokyoGeezer

Awards
I took both and didn't have an issue as long as I took my ArA about an hour before I trained. Didn't seem to interfere at all. I always take fish oil but I did really like the ArA except it made me sore as hell.
Yeah, it's a strange one... I'm getting a little sore on some muscles, but no more than usual.

I'm taking my fish oil early morning and training early evening. Also my pre workout meal is about an hour and a half before training and I'm taking the X-Gels about 45 mins before I get to the gym.

I'll do the 6 pre workout for a week and post up what happens with my take on Radiate.

Cheers

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some people don't get additional soreness from x gels (like me). Just an FYI.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I did the first time. Just started them today. My first run I couldn't stand up. Lol

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Warbird,
Maybe we've just got our diet down to a point (and we're beasts).
I have no idea why I don't get sore. My first few runs (a long time ago) I used to get additional soreness. not anymore though.