The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
hi mates today was my first day of x gels cycle. i stack them with a good pre wokrkout with glycerol . this pre workout got vitamin c. my question is ,can i use vitamin c while im cycling x gels ,or vitamin c can reduce the effectiveness of ara?
No problem, i used Clomid + ARA + Turkesterone + Multi-Vitamin as PCT. ARA is the best natty sup i've ever used.
A pitty it needs to be cycled.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No problem, i used Clomid + ARA + Turkesterone + Multi-Vitamin as PCT. ARA is the best natty sup i've ever used.
A pitty it needs to be cycled.
thx for your help mate.. so i can take pre workout and ara at the same time before gym

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently found an expired, unopened bottle of X factor buried in my supplement stash. I’ve used expired supps in the past but since this is an omega 6 I was wondering if it could potentially be rancid? It expired in 2015 lol

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I recently found an expired, unopened bottle of X factor buried in my supplement stash. I’ve used expired supps in the past but since this is an omega 6 I was wondering if it could potentially be rancid? It expired in 2015 lol
I have used expired ARA without a problem. I would give it a shot and expect full potency.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I personally wouldn’t use it. I’m not saying it’s necessarily harmful of course, I just wouldn’t personally.

Side note: X-Gels are 30% off at the SNS site. Think it works out to like $35/bottle

Sansimon

Awards
does anyone know if HMB supplement affects how arachinodic acid works?

is HMB anti-inflammatory?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's been over 8 years since I wrote the OP?!?! Woah

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Major bump and if you’re still around @Jiigzz, help me out. I’m only training 3 days a week currently, either mon/wed/fri or tues/thurs/sat. Is it worthwhile to only take on workout days with such low frequency? I know saturation is needed and conerned I wont reach it with only 3 days a week. I will add in that I work manual labor as my day job (loading cargo on planes, lot of lifting/carrying/throwing/stacking).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Major bump and if you’re still around @Jiigzz, help me out. I’m only training 3 days a week currently, either mon/wed/fri or tues/thurs/sat. Is it worthwhile to only take on workout days with such low frequency? I know saturation is needed and conerned I wont reach it with only 3 days a week. I will add in that I work manual labor as my day job (loading cargo on planes, lot of lifting/carrying/throwing/stacking).
I think if you could squeak in 1 tab in a non-workout day then you'd be golden. You can get away with not, but at 3 days I'd be at 1.5g workout days

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think if you could squeak in 1 tab in a non-workout day then you'd be golden. You can get away with not, but at 3 days I'd be at 1.5g workout days
I plan to run 1.5g pre workout anyway. Was just wondering if I needed to throw a non workout dose in

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you deal with inflammation while on ARA. For instance joint or tendon pain. Usually the go to was ibuprofen, but doesn't negate the ARA effects?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
X-Gels always did seem like they gave me some good mass, I'm a little scared to try it with my joints now lol
I posted this on another board:

They checked for inflammation markers:
www.molecularnutrition.com

Third Arachidonic Acid Study PUBLISHED
The third placebo-controlled study on Arachidonic Acid (ARA) supplementation in resistance-trained subjects has just been published (1). For those unfamiliar, ARA is a polyunsaturated fatty acid from the omega-6 family. It is considered the most important of its class, and is involved in various...

3. No/Reduced Inflammation.
Arachidonic acid is a substrate used by the body to make eicosanoids, which are involved in inflammation. This has lead to a popular misconception; ARA supplementation must promote inflammation. Numerous other studies have examined this, and come to similar conclusions. It doesn’t. Inflammation is a tightly regulated biological response, that is not simply initiated by consuming ARA. However, the misconception persists. Leaving almost no stone unturned, the Auckland study addresses this in extensive detail by looking for changes in a wide range of immune cell surface markers (ITGAM, ELANE, CEACAM8, CD68, CD163, CD206) and inflammatory cytokines (IL1B, IL6, CCL2, TNF), at both the systemic and local level. The result: there was no evidence of elevated inflammation with ARA supplementation in any marker tested, at either the systemic or tissue level. In fact, there was a modest reduction in blood monocyte counts, as well as PBMC mRNA expression of (ELANE) and CD66b (CEACAM8). As the researchers pointed out,
“These changes would appear to reflect, if anything, a reduced basal systemic inflammatory response… These findings do not support the common assertion that heightened dietary intake and tissue abundance of ARA will promote chronic inflammation in otherwise healthy individuals.”
I have plenty of injuries and chronic pain and as long as I take x-gels preworkout only I have had zero systemic pain or joint issues. In the beginning, the developer, William Llewellyn, suggested no omega-3 intake while supplementing with ARA. I never abided by this and simply took them at different times of the day and the ARA only on workout days. I think the combination of significant strength gains(for a natural supplement) combined with daily dosing(as originally suggested to do) and the removal of all omega-3's and joint supplements(also originally suggested to do) is what caused some to initially report issues with joint pain.

1 whole egg has about 75mg of ARA, depending on size, and I believe this played a role in the success of high egg diets as prescribed by the likes of Vince Gironda and company. The combination of high-quality protein and an anabolic fatty acid was, and is, a pretty potent combination considering you can get them at the grocery store lol. ARA is also mandated by law to be in baby formula and that's when we make the best gains of our lives so it has to work right??? LOL

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's been years since I've last used X-Factor/X-gels. I feel like my joints did bother me on it but I'm kinda intrigued to try another run since it's probably been since 2014.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes I haven’t ran since 2014.. I personally don’t remember any joint issues unless it was placebo, but that research is good to know.

Id like for it to make a comeback, I want to see more logs ran on it. Maybe a re-introduction sale to bring it back to life? @sns8778 :)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes I haven’t ran since 2014.. I personally don’t remember any joint issues unless it was placebo, but that research is good to know.

Id like for it to make a comeback, I want to see more logs ran on it. Maybe a re-introduction sale to bring it back to life? @sns8778 :)
I remember Glycerol Monostearate was very popular to run with it back in the day.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I'm using/logging ultimate R Andro right now, ARA is in that product.

I'm not noticing any abnormal soreness anywhere. It's also got 7keto and androsterone so I can't tell exactly what's doing what but ..

Only thins I'm noticing is a little better strength and improved body composition

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have been having abnormal amount of nosebleeds lately but I think it's the weather. It's definitely not blood pressure or anything like that.

I do tend to get a lot of nose bleeds as The Summer's picking up and when the winter picks up when you got that transition into air conditioning or transition at the end of the year into the heat.

But seems a little more than normal

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But why the headaches? I remember when I took it before I had flare ups in my lower back pain and got tendonitis in my forearms

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But why the headaches? I remember when I took it before I had flare ups in my lower back pain and got tendonitis in my forearms
Well it's pro-inflammatory. So this could happen and why I've been avoiding it.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right that's why the confusion
Way back when, I had a personal friend of mine who is an actual scientist (or whateva they would be called professionally in this field) who’s heavily into supplements look at all the studies that were done on ARA. It was his opinion that ARA shouldn’t cause total systemic inflammation, that it just exacerbates the inflammatory response IN the muscle being worked. In your case, it would make sense that it caused your lower back some issues as our lower back is heavily involved in squats.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Way back when, I had a personal friend of mine who is an actual scientist (or whateva they would be called professionally in this field) who’s heavily into supplements look at all the studies that were done on ARA. It was his opinion that ARA shouldn’t cause total systemic inflammation, that it just exacerbates the inflammatory response IN the muscle being worked. In your case, it would make sense that it caused your lower back some issues as our lower back is heavily involved in squats.
Ok, but still even with that conclusion, it's having a negative effect on your training.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which leads me back to my question as to how to treat it when it's so bad. Take ibuprofen

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Which leads me back to my question as to how to treat it when it's so bad. Take ibuprofen
No, taking ibuprofen would essentially render the ARA useless. I would instead find a different supplement

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

$32 is heck of a deal for ARA/Xgels

as for myself i never had any joint issues but also know a person who couldnt last more then 3 days on it lol

so its very person dependent .. for those that can handle it, it'll be one of the best product.

I remember stacking this back in the day with PA and had great results.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Taking preworkout I would have crazy vascularity and pumps. But never gained much and would always catch a cold at some point. Maybe it's me but intrigued to try again...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

It's not one that we really need to bring back to life bc its a consistent seller for us. I may do some multi-pack deals on it as part of the Summer of Supplements thread but I've been kind of disappointed at not having more posts and participation in that thread so I haven't done much with it yet for promos like that. Plus the July 4th sales just ended.

I think the reason that you don't see many logs on it is that its not new; but I agree, I would love to see more logs on it, and any of our products.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's not one that we really need to bring back to life bc its a consistent seller for us. I may do some multi-pack deals on it as part of the Summer of Supplements thread but I've been kind of disappointed at not having more posts and participation in that thread so I haven't done much with it yet for promos like that. Plus the July 4th sales just ended.

I think the reason that you don't see many logs on it is that its not new; but I agree, I would love to see more logs on it, and any of our products.
I just picked up some X-gels from DPS. I think you should offer an X-gel/Phosphatidic Acid stack when that becomes available.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just picked up some X-gels from DPS. I think you should offer an X-gel/Phosphatidic Acid stack when that becomes available.
There's a very good chance that we will :)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i ran that couple of times and was the best from what i remember
cant wait to do it again.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I definitely don’t hear about it much anymore, but very glad to see it’s a consistent seller still. The sale was more of a joke, it’s very fairly priced for what you get.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have NEVER had a single customer complain about joint pain on X-Factor and then X-gels and I have been recommending them to customers since they first came out years ago. I LOVE forums but I also think the extensive discussion of POTENTIAL side effects results in some people, not pointing at anyone here, getting placebo side effects.

I have stated this before but i have many long-term injuries/niggles/pain and x-gels at 6 sg pre workout 3-4 times a week makes zero difference in my pain.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have NEVER had a single customer complain about joint pain on X-Factor and then X-gels and I have been recommending them to customers since they first came out years ago. I LOVE forums but I also think the extensive discussion of POTENTIAL side effects results in some people, not pointing at anyone here, getting placebo side effects.

I have stated this before but i have many long-term injuries/niggles/pain and x-gels at 6 sg pre workout 3-4 times a week makes zero difference in my pain.
I agree with you on it being way overexaggerated on the forums. I honestly don't remember ever having more than just a couple of emails from people about joint pain. DOMS - yes, bc that's what its supposed to do to a degree but rarely ever joint pain.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I don't actually remember getting any when I ran it originally, just with injuries over the years now I was a bit hesitant but it is good to know its really a non issue.

I will likely use it during PCT for my next bulking cycle.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't actually remember getting any when I ran it originally, just with injuries over the years now I was a bit hesitant but it is good to know its really a non issue.

I will likely use it during PCT for my next bulking cycle.
I have also used it POST WORKOUT with the same success and this MAY help IF you run into pain issues. My thought process is this: ARA builds up. It is the fact that athletes/lifters deplete ARA reserves that allows the compound to have its positive effects. So it builds up in the muscles and using it post in an environment where the trained muscle is getting preferential nutrient uptake as soon as recovery starts so the ARA is going to go where most of the blood flow is going and that is the muscle just trained. Once there it will build up and achieve, IME, the same overall effects as PRE with the exception of the increased pump many experience when dosing pre.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Th
I have also used it POST WORKOUT with the same success and this MAY help IF you run into pain issues. My thought process is this: ARA builds up. It is the fact that athletes/lifters deplete ARA reserves that allows the compound to have its positive effects. So it builds up in the muscles and using it post in an environment where the trained muscle is getting preferential nutrient uptake as soon as recovery starts so the ARA is going to go where most of the blood flow is going and that is the muscle just trained. Once there it will build up and achieve, IME, the same overall effects as PRE with the exception of the increased pump many experience when dosing pre.
This approach worked for me.

hipnfit

Awards
Just started X-Gels for the first time and then found this thread. So, my Pre had consisted of 8g Citrulline Malate, 2g L-Carnitine Tartrate, 600mg VAS06 as a base ... currently taking Mitoburn & Recomp20, as well. I had been taking it with like 20g of carbs (for Carnitine). I am planning on adding the X-Gels at the same time, but then I found this thread with taking them fasted.

So, should I just ditch the carbs while taking X-Gels? I'm more interested in the possible androgen receptor effect of Carnitine than anything.