Phosphatidic or Arachidonic acid

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I have a show in 4 weeks and i plan on going right into a growth phase after. Ive ran ARA many times for 8-12 weeks and no doubt it helped with strength which in turn helped add some size. Im 31, natty so obviously the gains are very slow now. The only issue I had with ARA was it did seem to make existing injuries i had creep up, and pretty sure caused some bicep tendon issues which ceased once i stopped.

Ive never taken Phos Acid though. What would be a better choice to assist with muscle growth primarily, 8-12 weeks of ARA?,Phos? or both?
My training,nutrition, and primary supplementation will be dialed in. Just wondering which is the best addition.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would say ARA with the HUGE caveat that if the bicep tendon issue inhibits training even a little I would go with PA.

How much ARA were you taking?

Jensing

Awards
I haven't tried ARA but I really did like my SNS PA run last fall for 8 weeks. I did it during a reverse diet and felt like it helped me progress faster (strength, muscle, stayed lean while slowly increasing calories).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Phosphatidic Acid XT and X-Gels are both great products, and they would make a great stack together.

If picking one or the other, it may really depend on the person bc some people can't take Arachidonic Acid, like where you mentioning it bothering your biceps or in my case I have an autoimmune condition and I can't take it anymore.

As long as you feel you can use it though, I think a stack of them would be great.

If you wanted something else to stack with Phosphatidic Acid XT besides X-Gels, there has been a lot of great feedback on the Anabolic XT & Phosphatidic Acid XT stack, which I'm getting ready to start back on myself.

There's a lot of feedback on it that you can find in this thread:

Good luck on the show, I hope it goes great for you.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I would say ARA with the HUGE caveat that if the bicep tendon issue inhibits training even a little I would go with PA.

How much ARA were you taking?
I was taking 1500mg. However it was an amazon brand and was super cheap, i bet it was trash quality

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
*chants: stack stack stackkk*

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
Thanks for all the advice guys. Im going to stack X-gels from SNS, with PA from Redcon 1 right after my show

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for all the advice guys. Im going to stack X-gels from SNS, with PA from Redcon 1 right after my show
i think you will be pleased with it

Did redon1 came out with a newer mediator product ?
or the same OG 750mg of 30servings ? if so double dosing or just gonna run half the dose ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would suggest making sure you check the dosage on the Redcon Phosphatidic Acid product.

Phosphatidic Acid labeling can be tricky and many brands lead people to think they are getting more than they really are.

Mediator Phosphatidic Acid is 50% actual Phosphatidic Acid, so if you see a product labeled 750 mg. Mediator 50P, then you're only getting 375 mg. actual Phosphatidic Acid, which isn't going to be enough for you to see best results with.

Here is the supplement facts for Redcon's 11-Bravo; I could not find it on Redcon's website, so I got this one from DPS website.

Redcon 11 Bravo Supp Facts.PNG

^^^^ on the label, you see that it says that the dosage is 750 mg., which is 750 mg. total Mediator 50P, and then it states below std. to 50% Phosphatidic Acid, which would equal 375 mg.

Here is the supplement facts for Phosphatidic Acid XT:

Phosphatidic Acid-Supplement Facts.jpg

^^^ on there, you'll see that it contains 1,500 mg. of Mediator 50P Phosphatidic Acid instead of 750 mg. like in Redcon's product, so its double the dose of actual Phosphatidic Acid.

Plus, it contains Apigenin and Senactiv, both of which have really good overall health and muscle building benefits.

And, Phosphatidic Acid XT is less expensive than the Redcon one at most places - so that's double the dose, more ingredients, and at a less expensive price.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I would suggest making sure you check the dosage on the Redcon Phosphatidic Acid product.

Phosphatidic Acid labeling can be tricky and many brands lead people to think they are getting more than they really are.

Mediator Phosphatidic Acid is 50% actual Phosphatidic Acid, so if you see a product labeled 750 mg. Mediator 50P, then you're only getting 375 mg. actual Phosphatidic Acid, which isn't going to be enough for you to see best results with.

Here is the supplement facts for Redcon's 11-Bravo; I could not find it on Redcon's website, so I got this one from DPS website.

View attachment 241106

^^^^ on the label, you see that it says that the dosage is 750 mg., which is 750 mg. total Mediator 50P, and then it states below std. to 50% Phosphatidic Acid, which would equal 375 mg.

Here is the supplement facts for Phosphatidic Acid XT:

View attachment 241107

^^^ on there, you'll see that it contains 1,500 mg. of Mediator 50P Phosphatidic Acid instead of 750 mg. like in Redcon's product, so its double the dose of actual Phosphatidic Acid.

Plus, it contains Apigenin and Senactiv, both of which have really good overall health and muscle building benefits.

And, Phosphatidic Acid XT is less expensive than the Redcon one at most places - so that's double the dose, more ingredients, and at a less expensive price.
Thank you for the clarification! I didnt know that. Ill just double the dose for 15 days, then ill pick up SNS PA for the remainder. I really appreciate it

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cant believe they sell that for $60-70 .. ripping pple off

anyway .. yeah def run 1500mg of PA

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the clarification! I didnt know that. Ill just double the dose for 15 days, then ill pick up SNS PA for the remainder. I really appreciate it
You're welcome. I'm glad to help.

I hate it when brands do things like that. It's technically legal, but I just personally don't like things like that bc it tricks people into thinking they are getting more than they are and allows brands to increase margins - but a lot of times it leads people to thinking that ingredients don't work nearly as well as they do, without the people realizing that its bc they weren't taking the dosage that they needed to for best results.

It's like Arachidonic Acid - X-Gels contains 250 mg. actual Arachidonic Acid per softgel. It is Arachidonic Acid 40% which is an oil and therefore has to be in a softgel and 625 total mg. equals 250 mg. of active ARA. But then you'll see some brands offer it in a capsule form, but ARA in powder form is only 10% actual ARA so you would have to take 4 or more capsules just to equal the amount of actual ARA that's in just one softgel of X-Gels.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
currently on ArA for about 6 weeks, making consistent strength gains, but man am I sore

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
You're welcome. I'm glad to help.

I hate it when brands do things like that. It's technically legal, but I just personally don't like things like that bc it tricks people into thinking they are getting more than they are and allows brands to increase margins - but a lot of times it leads people to thinking that ingredients don't work nearly as well as they do, without the people realizing that its bc they weren't taking the dosage that they needed to for best results.

It's like Arachidonic Acid - X-Gels contains 250 mg. actual Arachidonic Acid per softgel. It is Arachidonic Acid 40% which is an oil and therefore has to be in a softgel and 625 total mg. equals 250 mg. of active ARA. But then you'll see some brands offer it in a capsule form, but ARA in powder form is only 10% actual ARA so you would have to take 4 or more capsules just to equal the amount of actual ARA that's in just one softgel of X-Gels.
Yeah, what a joke of them to do that. Luckily I got 11 bravo for only $30 so didn’t break the bank really, since it’s only going to last me 15 days. But still that’s just grimy

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
currently on ArA for about 6 weeks, making consistent strength gains, but man am I sore
Dude I love the stuff. Every time I’ve ran it I’ve consistently increased my strength. Such an underrated supp. I just wish it didn’t flare up existing injuries I have or I’d just have an IV of it lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it truly is a great product .. i love the doms and soreness lol

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ara may be my favorite supplement. I am currently running sns xgels 6 caps. I only take it on workout days. Maybe Steve can comment but I have been on it for 3 months and plan on using it until June. Just don't know if there is a reason to cycle.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ara may be my favorite supplement. I am currently running sns xgels 6 caps. I only take it on workout days. Maybe Steve can comment but I have been on it for 3 months and plan on using it until June. Just don't know if there is a reason to cycle.
There are a lot of people that use it for long periods of time - we've been asked a lot to do a 6 bottle and 12 bottle multi-pack for that reason.

I would say that cycling is more common in people that use it daily - but more and more people that use it like that are using it for longer periods of time too.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I ran it for 4-6 months without issue, the only reason i stopped was because around that 5 month mark i started having pains and aches because of it. Went away 4-6 weeks after stopping

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Seems you've gotten some good advice, I enjoyed PA-XT recently and would like another good run of X-gels one day.

I'd maybe also look into Pepti-plex, I think it might be something in line with your goals.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They were capsules. From “durado” nutrition or something on Amazon. Honestly probably a shitty company. But they worked somehow

surprise it worked , u werent stacking .. but yea in capsules thats not ARA oil blend

i assume u were getting around 20% ara in powder which means 1500mg = 300mg more then likely ..where as in oil blend u get 250mg .. huge diff .. were u stacking it with something ?

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
surprise it worked , u werent stacking .. but yea in capsules thats not ARA oil blend

i assume u were getting around 20% ara in powder which means 1500mg = 300mg more then likely ..where as in oil blend u get 250mg .. huge diff .. were u stacking it with something ?

View attachment 241143
Only other supplement I really took was standard creatine mono, and TEST by morphogen nutrition. I’ve been taking the test product for about a year now. I’m 31, last time I checked my levels before my prep they were 633 so not too bad for my age

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
They were capsules. From “durado” nutrition or something on Amazon. Honestly probably a shitty company. But they worked somehow
The maximum % of powdered ARA is 10%, so 1500 mg. of total would equal 150 mg. of actual ARA.

I looked up their label and its terribly deceptive the way they do that - they list 1,500 mg. Arachidonic Acid and don't even specify the % at all. 1,500 mg. of ARA powder would be 150 mg. actual Arachidonic Acid.

There would be more ARA in one softgel of X-Gels than that.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The maximum % of powdered ARA is 10%, so 1500 mg. of total would equal 150 mg. of actual ARA.

I looked up their label and its terribly deceptive the way they do that - they list 1,500 mg. Arachidonic Acid and don't even specify the % at all. 1,500 mg. of ARA powder would be 150 mg. actual Arachidonic Acid.

There would be more ARA in one softgel of X-Gels than that.
And this is why I asked him. If he was getting some elbow issues with CAPSULES(cough underdosed cough) then there is a good chance the MASSIVELY increased dose(cough CORRECT DOSE cough) you get with X-gels would likely cause the issue.

Knowing this PA is the clear choice with multiple other options, Anabolic XT or Recomp20, being better choices vs ARA.

Dank0078

Awards
  • Established
Is there a difference in quality comparing X-Gels with Enhanced ARA? It seems Enhanced offers a slightly higher serving over same daily capsules

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there a difference in quality comparing X-Gels with Enhanced ARA? It seems Enhanced offers a slightly higher serving over same daily capsules
this has been talked about it few times .. only one real ARA/XGELS out there that gives u what u should be getting

label is misleading .. if it doesnt list the % obv these are powders, not dipped in oil ..so offers you 10% which means you are getting 140mg the most

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is not true at all - 4 capsules of Enhanced ARA only equals 140 mg. actual Arachidonic Acid, whereas one softgel of X-Gels equals 250 mg. of Arachidonic Acid.

You're comparing total input of the Enhanced ARA versus only the active portion of X-Gels.
- Total input for the Enhanced at 4 capsules is 1,400 mg. @ 10% actual ARA
- Total input for the X-Gels at 4 softgels is 2,500 mg. @ 40% actual ARA

This is what some were discussing about about the powder ARA for capsules only being a 10% concentration whereas the liquid that can be used in softgels is 40%.

Enhanced ARA suggests 4 capsules per day and their supplement facts show that 4 capsules equal 1,400 mg. and they do clearly specify - Arachidonic Acid 10% - so you take 1,400 mg. and multiply it by 10% = 140 mg. of actual Arachidonic Acid.

X-Gels contains 625 mg. per softgel of 40%, so you take 625 mg. and multiply it by 40% = 250 mg. per softgel.

Head to head, that makes the comparison:
- Enhanced ARA - 35 mg. of actual ARA per capsule
- SNS X-Gels - 250 mg. of actual ARA per softgel

The suggested dose is 1,000 mg. of actual Arachidonic Acid per day - you would have to take 29 capsules of the Enhanced ARA per day to equal 4 softgels of X-Gels.

Side by side:

X-Gels-Supp-Facts-1.png
Enhanced ARA.PNG