T3 Half Life

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
do you have any idea aboute ATD , is it worth to take
What do you mean about the ATD? While on your T3 cycle? Sure, it's a great test booster and gyno fighter in my experience. When estrogen is lowered, you don't deposit as much fat. Also, when test is increased, you burn more fat, so I think it's worth it if that's what you're asking.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Do u find u can eat alot more doc when running the low dose and not put on fat..or not be so strict with carb cut offs or mixing carbs/fats etc. Basically loosing up a tight diet.
Oh yeah, big time. Not sure about the low dose, but at higher doses, you can eat whatever you want! It's great. :p Not only that, you can really live a loose, sloppy lifestyle if you want. You can eat too much junk food, drink alcohol, take drugs, not sleep, etc and you still remain relatively healthy. Cholesterol stays low and you detox and heal very rapidly. I'm not suggesting you apply it in an abusive way, but it has a serious metabolic advantage if you use it all the time. I stay on T4 year round now.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Great thread Dr D!

Is there anything you should NOT take when on T4 (IBE has it now)?? Does it interact with anything??

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Great thread Dr D!

Is there anything you should NOT take when on T4 (IBE has it now)?? Does it interact with anything??
Thanks CRUNCH! Lookin' great in the Av BTW.

Yeah, T4 can thin the blood, so be careful with anabolics like halo and dbol. Use aspirin or Rx blood thinners cautiously too until you know how you'll react. That's about the only practical side I can think of. Of course, it can antagonize beta-blockers also and cause pulse rate to increase at higher doses.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Awesome thread! Thanks, Dr.D.

I just ordered some T4 online, much cheaper than the research stuff. I'll be using this instead of 'cough' Gaspari Thyrotabs 'cough'

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I ordered some of IBE's T4 yesterday. My diet and "supplement" usage will be very consistent for the next couple months and this will be the only new thing being added in.

233 lbs at 10% BF as of today. I'll post results if/when I get any.

Thanks again Dr D.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D Ive been following this thread and you make T4 out to be amazing. It makes me want to be on T4 all year round also. Are there really no downsides to using it like this? It sounds amazing but almost too good to be true. Perhaps instead of the normal 5-6 weeks of t3 it would be better to run T4 for 12-18 weeks. Why isnt it more mainstream if its the wonder drug it sounds like?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Alpine,
I'm not sure why T4 never became more popular. It's really only used for long term thyroid replacement. The only downside is high pulse rate, but that has no long term negatives assosiated with it if BP is normal. If bothersome, a beta-blocker can be used with it to block the pheripheral nervousness and still mantain the metabolic effects. Of course, it makes you run hot too, so if your hot natured it takes some getting use to, but I did. Maybe guys just use T3 because it's got a short half-life and they only apply it for weight loss. After a few years of juicing, I can guarenntee most of us have lower thyroid levels than when we started and could use some T4 longterm. Androgens can reduce thyroid output after a while. T4 is the way to go with it's long t1/2 and buffered effect.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Alpine,
I'm not sure why T4 never became more popular. It's really only used for long term thyroid replacement. The only downside is high pulse rate, but that has no long term negatives assosiated with it if BP is normal. If bothersome, a beta-blocker can be used with it to block the pheripheral nervousness and still mantain the metabolic effects. Of course, it makes you run hot too, so if your hot natured it takes some getting use to, but I did. Maybe guys just use T3 because it's got a short half-life and they only apply it for weight loss. After a few years of juicing, I can guarenntee most of us have lower thyroid levels than when we started and could use some T4 longterm. Androgens can reduce thyroid output after a while. T4 is the way to go with it's long t1/2 and buffered effect.
It's still suppressive though, correct?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well Doc, i got some T4 and I want to know how to run it precontest, and I will be supplementing year round as I know my thyroid is as sluggish as spongebob's snail.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dr.D I have personal experience with T4 at 150mcgs per day for extended periods of time :) as you know. What I am wondering is will high dosages of T4 cause the same fatigue that high doses of T3 causes? I have tried adding in some T3 to my T4 but the fatigue is pretty significant. Thanks as always in advance.

Mr.50

Yes, but less so that T3 or Tri. At 200mcg or less for 6 months or less, suppression is not that hard to reverse usually.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D I have personal experience with T4 at 150mcgs per day for extended periods of time :) as you know. What I am wondering is will high dosages of T4 cause the same fatigue that high doses of T3 causes? I have tried adding in some T3 to my T4 but the fatigue is pretty significant. Thanks as always in advance.

Mr.50
It depends on the person and the diet I suspect. If doses are too high or cals are too low or you can't get enough oxygen in to meet demand it may cause fatigue. Then you just have to back off the dose a little. The sides are a lot smoother compared to T3 in general though. I've seen some big guys use up to 400mics/d no prob. I can't take over 275.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Well Doc, i got some T4 and I want to know how to run it precontest, and I will be supplementing year round as I know my thyroid is as sluggish as spongebob's snail.
What's up APZ! If you wanna do T4 all year, it would be best to start with a doc so you always have a source and can do the bloodwork upfront. After a year of high doses, it may or may not take some endo tricks to turn back on. I made that commitment years ago and wouldn't change a thing. Just keep in mind you'll want to use it the rest of your life after that so you'll need a sure supply. You can play with it about 6 months first before it becomes a prob. By then we could figure it out ourselves if you wanna keep it going. I only get blood on it every year or two now. How much do you weigh again?

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the great info guys. Dr. D, you bring up some great points on T3 and T4. I've been readig the thread front to back, thanks for all your insight on this topic.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Dr. D!!! right now I am precontest weight at 205 and will prob dip down to 190 as it is my second day of carb depletion until next Thursday. My doc will not bust a script for it, but I know I can always get it, but I Know I will be changing docs soon, after my wife changes ins. plans.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dr. D!!! right now I am precontest weight at 205 and will prob dip down to 190 as it is my second day of carb depletion until next Thursday. My doc will not bust a script for it, but I know I can always get it, but I Know I will be changing docs soon, after my wife changes ins. plans.
Cool, just let me know bro. We'll get you on a good plan if you wanna start. ;)

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cool, just let me know bro. We'll get you on a good plan if you wanna start. ;)
Sorry to resurrect an old thread,but DR.D check your pm's when you get a chance i sent you some questions,i wanted your opinion on.Thanks DR.D

scerbera

Awards
Would I be correct in thinking that while running thyroid meds your liver will work faster also?

estor

Awards
What do you mean about the ATD? While on your T3 cycle? Sure, it's a great test booster and gyno fighter in my experience. When estrogen is lowered, you don't deposit as much fat. Also, when test is increased, you burn more fat, so I think it's worth it if that's what you're asking.

thaks for repaly , this is what I'm looking for .
last 4 weeks I will add attitude ( atd 3-ohat) and 12,5-25 mcg t3 .

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Would I be correct in thinking that while running thyroid meds your liver will work faster also?
That is correct. You detox at light speed. It may be necessary to up the dose on some drugs because of faster metabolism and hepatic clearance.

scerbera

Awards
Thanks DR.D

I have t3 at the mo and not t4, is 50mg a day a nice dose while cutting on aas?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
FOR the sake of your life 50mgs is too much, as I know you mean 50mcgs, but that is too much for now see how you do with 25 mcgs. take it on an empty stomach, first thing when you wake up. then take ur temp 30 min later. if you are over 98 and under 100 then you are in perfect range, do this for a week see if you need to go up based on temps after dosages.

scerbera

Awards
Thanks fella!

Yeah i did mean mcgs, it's late here in the uk and I need to go bed!

Thanks again

estor

Awards
temp 98-100 should be achieve for all days then on t3 ?
I will start t3 (12,5 mcg) next monday kick my metabolism ,
I have to take my temp all day or its to small dosage .
if it's not more than 98 should I increase it to 25 mcg.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You do not have to take it all day just 30 min after, if no change in temp, then you know you need to up the dose.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I just got my T4 today and took 25mcg to get started, wife took 12.5. Tomorrow morning we'll take it first thing and wait an hour for breakfast.

Does anybody know how T4 would interact with the ECA stack??

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I just got my T4 today and took 25mcg to get started, wife took 12.5. Tomorrow morning we'll take it first thing and wait an hour for breakfast.

Does anybody know how T4 would interact with the ECA stack??
After a few days, you may notice some cardiac acceleration or chest pains with the EC combo. The A may promote easy bruising with it too, so just be aware. If you stick to the plan and ramp it up slowly, it probably won't be problematic.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...may lay off that stuff for a bit then. Thanks Dr D!!!

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK guys, I have a question and I am sure you guys are going to be like "are you kiddng me" but here goes.......

I have been on thyroid replacement for a long time (150 mcgs of T4 per day Synthroid). But stil my body temp was in the low 97's (like 97.4) and I have had tons of trouble losing fat even when using a tuned in diet and workout program. Its like I hit a wall and from that point on no fat loss will occur (especially below the umbilicus to top of pubic area).

So in addition to the 150mcgs of T4 I have slowly been adding in T3 to try to bring my functional thyroid level up. I have been monitoring my body tem and now it averages around 98.1. It never reaches 98.6. So first of all I am wondering how much the difference between a body temp of 98.1 and 98.6 is limiting my fat burning ability? Second, should I continue to add in any additional T3 (say another 25 mcgs) till my body temp reaches 98.6? (this sounds crazy because I am taking 150mcgs of T4 and 50mcgs of T3 per day, sounds like a ton to me but the temp ........)

The T4 is prescriptino so no question about the quality there. The T3 is from a board sponsor so it should be good.

Also do not worry about the catabolic issue, as I have that covered. :)

Thanks in advance.

Mr.50

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hey M50!

It's not crazy. Over time, your requirement may increase. That sounds like what happened to me. 150mcg was once just right about 10 years ago, now I do better with 225 minimum, but 300 is just way too much. You window may change as you get older and make more gains. Upping the dose is critical for fat loss though. Just monitor your temp and pulse rate like you're doing and you'll know when your there.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK guys, I have a question and I am sure you guys are going to be like "are you kiddng me" but here goes.......

I have been on thyroid replacement for a long time (150 mcgs of T4 per day Synthroid). But stil my body temp was in the low 97's (like 97.4) and I have had tons of trouble losing fat even when using a tuned in diet and workout program. Its like I hit a wall and from that point on no fat loss will occur (especially below the umbilicus to top of pubic area).

So in addition to the 150mcgs of T4 I have slowly been adding in T3 to try to bring my functional thyroid level up. I have been monitoring my body tem and now it averages around 98.1. It never reaches 98.6. So first of all I am wondering how much the difference between a body temp of 98.1 and 98.6 is limiting my fat burning ability? Second, should I continue to add in any additional T3 (say another 25 mcgs) till my body temp reaches 98.6? (this sounds crazy because I am taking 150mcgs of T4 and 50mcgs of T3 per day, sounds like a ton to me but the temp ........)

The T4 is prescriptino so no question about the quality there. The T3 is from a board sponsor so it should be good.

Also do not worry about the catabolic issue, as I have that covered. :)

Thanks in advance.

Mr.50
My temp also never goes above 98.0 degrees even when supplementing about 62.5 mcgs T3,this is due to the fact that we started out at a lower BBT,at least i think so.:run:

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys.

Dr.D I was wondering if you think that Blood Pressue is also a good indicator of a problem with oversoding Thyroid hormones. I actually have had normal heart rates and body tem averag of 98.1 but my blood pressure has been slightly raised. Approx 132/84 on average. I can not tell if it is related to time of day or directly to thyroid intake. Additionally, I am taking 50mgs of Halodrol per day (along with some other things that should not really affect bp) so that may be the cause. I did think that thyroid hormones were more chronotropic then inotropic but I know there is some crossover. Any thoughts on this.

Mr.50

estor

Awards
I'm taking 12,5 mcg from over a week and now I don't feel any rise in temperature , any changes in bf .First two-thee days I felt small. I don't cheat and I'm taking ECA - 75 mg per day also
Should I take more , 25 mcg ? and for how long take it ?

I was thinking of taking t3 (25 mcg) about 4 days and then stop it and 3 days off. I don'y know how my body and thyroid react on it is it safe ?

another option is to take at the dose of 25mcgs/day with a 2 on/2 off

I'm on Ultimate diet.
from monday do thursday I'm eating around 1500 kcal ( so my metabolism slow down ) - so it is usuful to take t3

then on friday and saturday I'm eating around 1200 g of carbohydrates ( carb loading) - my metabolism rise.

Any idea - I have 4 weeks to end my diet.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... I did think that thyroid hormones were more chronotropic then inotropic but I know there is some crossover. Any thoughts on this.

Mr.50
Are your electrolytes balanced (taking extra Mg and K)? It may be some cross-over. How long ago did you notice this?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking 12,5 mcg from over a week and now I don't feel any rise in temperature , any changes in bf .First two-thee days I felt small. I don't cheat and I'm taking ECA - 75 mg per day also
Should I take more , 25 mcg ? and for how long take it ?

I was thinking of taking t3 (25 mcg) about 4 days and then stop it and 3 days off. I don'y know how my body and thyroid react on it is it safe ?

another option is to take at the dose of 25mcgs/day with a 2 on/2 off

I'm on Ultimate diet.
from monday do thursday I'm eating around 1500 kcal ( so my metabolism slow down ) - so it is usuful to take t3

then on friday and saturday I'm eating around 1200 g of carbohydrates ( carb loading) - my metabolism rise.

Any idea - I have 4 weeks to end my diet.
After a wk @ 12.5, you can up to 25. Your on/off cycle plans are too short. The thyroid is a very sluggish gland. It takes longer to respond to changes. It's best taken for at least 4-6 wks at a time in a slow, pyramid ramp fashion. Of course, the 2day on/2day off may work with a low dose like 25, but I doubt you'll get too much weight loss that way.

estor

Awards
so you suggest to take 25 mcg for rest of my cutting cycle(4-5 weeks) ? and don't take more then 25 mcg
-and don't make any on/off changes.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
so you suggest to take 25 mcg for rest of my cutting cycle(4-5 weeks) ? and don't take more then 25 mcg
-and don't make any on/off changes.
Yes, basically. Step up to 25 now, but do 12.5 the last wk to ramp down. You can go higher that 25, but that will increase the length of the ramp down by another wk or two probably, which is OK also (ramping off after the 5'th wk).

estor

Awards
last question :)

the higher dosage I use the longer my ramping down will take

should I check my temp everyday and if it's not aroud 37-37,2 C
I have to take more then 25 mcg or it's not nessesery - and I have to take my 25 mcg for next 2 weeks then ramp it down
for two weeks .

thanks Dr.D .
Have a nice day

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
last question :)

the higher dosage I use the longer my ramping down will take

should I check my temp everyday and if it's not aroud 37-37,2 C
I have to take more then 25 mcg or it's not nessesery - and I have to take my 25 mcg for next 2 weeks then ramp it down
for two weeks .

thanks Dr.D .
Have a nice day
I would judge based on pusle rate rather than temp. Take the highest dose you can while still feeling comfortable. At the end of 5 wks, just cut 12.5mcg/wk untill it's finished.

estor

Awards
but I'm ony base on diet , ATD + tt , creatine and ECA - no SAA - it's not to much catabolic to take more then 25 mcg , I have solid muscle
and even I'm on Ulitame Diet I don't lost much muscle :)
Protein intake aroud 3g/kg . I'm owner of fitness club , the only work for me all day is to train and keep my diet.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
but I'm ony base on diet , ATD + tt , creatine and ECA - no SAA - it's not to much catabolic to take more then 25 mcg , I have solid muscle
and even I'm on Ulitame Diet I don't lost much muscle :)
Protein intake aroud 3g/kg . I'm owner of fitness club , the only work for me all day is to train and keep my diet.
Oh cool! It sounds like a sweet set-up you have then. I wish I could eat specific and train all day for a job! It sounds like your protein intake is good and I'm sure you have it spaced out right, I doubt catabolism is a prob fore you, even over 25. Now, over 50 maybe.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even at 75mcg daily with T-3 my temperature wouldn't go over 97.8. Odd?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am taking extra mg but I may be shy on the K. I will look into it. Any particular amount that you might reccomend? Thanks Dr.D.

Mr.50

Are your electrolytes balanced (taking extra Mg and K)? It may be some cross-over. How long ago did you notice this?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Even at 75mcg daily with T-3 my temperature wouldn't go over 97.8. Odd?
Not necessarily. Like I said though, I'm usually on so many supps with thermogenic potential that I find pulse rate a more accurate gauge. Also, if you are not taking it first thing in the AM (or on a totally empty stomach at least) you may not be getting full absorption.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank for the reply Dr. D...Yeah taking it on empty stomach first thing in the AM but my pulse does show the signs of increased met. I just found it odd that I could sweat my ass off and still keep a low temp. Maybe I have to go deeper rectally to get the proper temperature.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I am taking extra mg but I may be shy on the K. I will look into it. Any particular amount that you might reccomend? Thanks Dr.D.

Mr.50
I like 1000mg potassium gluconate TID, minimum.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So Dr.D 1000mgs of Potassium Gluc 3 times per day? I thought that was a lot of Potassium. No cardiac problems could be caused can they? Thanks bro.

Mr.50

I like 1000mg potassium gluconate TID, minimum.