some of the stupid things people say about working out

darkpoet3113

Awards
**** your in massachusetts, unicron!, i live in boston too grew up in southie.. i'm in the burbs now though!. jeez, where are you going to college? breklee or the conservatary?
i'm going to school at new england institute of art in brookline for my current degree, small world. yet again..
cheers,
darkpoet3113

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Holy *#*#. Small world indeed. Im at Berklee. Just finished spring semester this past week. Im part time now. I live like 10min walk away from school.

darkpoet3113

Awards
you're living on boylston? dude how do you pay that rent, expensive!!! we should get to together and jam someday! lol
cheers,
darkpoet3113

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
you're living on boylston? dude how do you pay that rent, expensive!!! we should get to together and jam someday! lol
cheers,
darkpoet3113
Not on Boylston, but near. I wont be able to pay it much longer.

Email me anytime bro: [email protected]
I think Im overlocked from my jam space now, but I'll get it worked out. I'll be in town at least a couple more weeks before leaving for summer break.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
A third Bostonian has entered the conversation ;)
Whats up bro? Where you train at? (you dont have to answer that if you dont want everyone and their grandmother to know where to find you.)Lol!

darkpoet3113

Awards
i awesome! bossston!!! wicked pissa!!!! i workout at home now... unicron put you're email in my contacts... where are you going for the summer... and i have a basements in my house we could jam there...if you're up to it... or whatever no biggy...
cheers,
darkpoet3113

darkpoet3113

Awards
or are a precussionist? right? unicron
cheers,
darkpoet3113

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever have the old guys complain to staff that it's too hot in the gym and the ac needs to on? I'm like it's a gym, you're suppose to sweat.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever have the old guys complain to staff that it's too hot in the gym and the ac needs to on? I'm like it's a gym, you're suppose to sweat.
Maybe he was on a DNP cycle.:icon_lol: Probably not though.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I know thats how I get sometimes. Not necesarily from DNP, and not necesarily at the gym. But I always want to be by the AC in other environments even when some other people are cold. Theyre like "what the hell, man?" Lol. For ex: I take a yoga for musicians class at Berklee, and a couple times I was coming in right after going a little hypo from insulin, and Id be trying to get the person by the AC to trade places w/ me, and would always be asking the teacher to turn up the AC even when others were saying they were cold. Lol. I dont remember what else I was on. I think Pgf2a and maybe some T3 or something. Im just sensetive to humidity though. And it was late summer/early fall.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
well, i have seen a few of the stupidest

1- this guy who newly joined the gym, obviously never did any sport in his life, with big belly waist and very thin arms came to me and asked me if he could use protien for his arms only, because he didnt want to get any for his tummy , WTF

2- another classic, when huge belly fat guy says that he is not fat but drinks a lot of water and thats why he have huge belly :blink: , the problem is they do believe so

Cheers

darkpoet3113

Awards
I know thats how I get sometimes. Not necesarily from DNP, and not necesarily at the gym. But I always want to be by the AC in other environments even when some other people are cold. Theyre like "what the hell, man?" Lol. For ex: I take a yoga for musicians class at Berklee, and a couple times I was coming in right after going a little hypo from insulin, and Id be trying to get the person by the AC to trade places w/ me, and would always be asking the teacher to turn up the AC even when others were saying they were cold. Lol. I dont remember what else I was on. I think Pgf2a and maybe some T3 or something. Im just sensetive to humidity though. And it was late summer/early fall.
i hear ya there unicron... i hate the heat!! i'm very nordic in the sense i love the cold weather... not snow always but the cold... anything temp over 65 is way too hot for me... i barely wear a jacket in the winter when going out... i hate working out in the summer, so i just do maintance in the summer, b/c the heat kills me.. i'm a pussy with heat... cold miser! i am.
cheers,
darkpoet3113

darkpoet3113

Awards
oh what about people who don't eat and think there gonna lose weight i hate that ****...
cheers,
darkpoet3113

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
^Actually, i've done that and it's worked....but i've always done that and lost weight when i needed to...from 225 to 190 at one point, so that's no biggie...(well, reduced what i ate extremely, not NOT eat.)

But, other than that, i really dont pay attention to what someone esle is saying...if someone talks to me in the gym, it usually goes in one ear and out the other...1min later, im like..what did you just say?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
^Actually, i've done that and it's worked....but i've always done that and lost weight when i needed to...from 225 to 190 at one point, so that's no biggie...(well, reduced what i ate extremely, not NOT eat.)

But, other than that, i really dont pay attention to what someone esle is saying...if someone talks to me in the gym, it usually goes in one ear and out the other...1min later, im like..what did you just say?
But you are from Alabama, it doesn't count. :D
Ok, Stephen is gonna kick my ass now.:duel:

ja_ke

Awards
Hmm there was this fatass guy in my gym wearing an under armor tshirt a backwards hat and a lifting belt doing tri kickbacks for aprox 30mins.

My friend was talking to me about how he used to workout and how he did db rows because they were a really good tri workout.

My gf was talking to her anatomy teacher about creatine and he said that you shouldn't take the dose they reccomended only half because you will have bad kidney problems. He also said that I should take N.O.xplode because that wouldn't cause me any problems.

This always happens at the gym to... I will be standing like 10ft. away from a bench doing like lateral raises or something and someone will ask me if i am using the bench.

There is this one middle aged dude in my gym. He is there everyday doing a incline bench on the smith machine with 70lb loaded. Then he talk to his very fat friend about girls softball for aprox. 10 mins then do another set while still talking. Repeat for about 5 sets or so then same thing with curls. I dont think his friend works out just is there to talk.

Some dude wearing a camo tapout shirt loaded up 225 on an ez bar to do upright rows the other day. It was funny he didn't come close to doing the first rep.

I just need to stop because I really could make this post massive well not that it already isn't pretty long... Oh I workout out at a YMCA that is probably why. :frustrate

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2- another classic, when huge belly fat guy says that he is not fat but drinks a lot of water and thats why he have huge belly :blink:

Was one of his parent's a camel?:wtf:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, found that in the other thread and couldn't believe what I was reading.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know!...He actually posted an article that said "don't drink water"...

supplementrate

Awards
"I dont want to start lifting because I don't want to get TOO huge"

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
OK, funniest thing I've EVER seen, bar none, at the gym

We've got this guy we call "full stack" at they gym. He's your average guy... some extra fat... not skinny, but some muscle. No definition, probably 6'2" or so. Anyway, he works damn near every day I'm there... so he's there a lot and he hasn't changed in the two years I've been at the gym.

He's one of those guys that will do as much as he can with back arched, no form, uses all of his bodyweight, etc.

He's going to do THIS exercise.... not exact but close to the same machine
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/LVFrontPulldown.html

And we notice he's going to do the "full stack." I watch with amazement as he jumps in the air and pulls the levers down, the weight go up, and because of the weight imbalance of the machine, it literally flips over. THE WHOLE MACHINE!!!! The whole gym is standing there in absolute awe at this point... trainers rush over, everybody rushes over, etc. No one was hurt, machine didnt miraculously hit anyone, and all was good. My buddy and I injured ourselves laughing though....

So now when one of us is going to do the full stack on the machine... well, you know what's comin... "good luck full stack.."

KoreTrain

Awards
The best is the people that just start and want to come 5-7 days a week......this is why people don't last a month.

the other is the people that want to lose a bunch of bf, but then get all pissy with me when I tell it's about diet and cardio:burger:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best is the people that just start and want to come 5-7 days a week......this is why people don't last a month.

the other is the people that want to lose a bunch of bf, but then get all pissy with me when I tell it's about diet and cardio:burger:

It's not about diet and cardio: it's all about will power.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im so sad that I have come to the end of this thread. :gas:

One of the better ones IMO.

I wish I had something to contribute- I really dont pay attention enough to others,.... unless they have an amazing ass.
Actually, Im going to make a point this week to look at what others are doing,.. just for S&G

rugbybum

Awards
I was leaving work and was asked where I was going afterwards and I simply replied to run. The respnse I got was But didnt workout yesterday. He then said that lifting and running shouldnt be done back to back as in Dont lift Monday then run Tuesday. The bad thing is I am in the navy and they have given us classes on personal fitness

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was leaving work and was asked where I was going afterwards and I simply replied to run. The respnse I got was But didnt workout yesterday. He then said that lifting and running shouldnt be done back to back as in Dont lift Monday then run Tuesday. The bad thing is I am in the navy and they have given us classes on personal fitness
Any 'rationale' behind his statements? That's always the most interesting parts.

rugbybum

Awards
I asked why and he said he had read it somewhere. He is 6'3" and weighs about 150 lbs.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I asked why and he said he had read it somewhere. He is 6'3" and weighs about 150 lbs.

I read somewhere to call ###-#### for a good time. I think it was on a bathroom stall.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Im bumping this. I have no new funny **** to tell, just wanted everyone to remember this thread so you all will post more funny ass **** so I can laugh more.

AndroAnarchy

Banned
Awards
Well I dont have anything as funny as you guys have posted and I dont go to a gym, I work out at home. Although I was in a college gym one time working out and these stupid girls were sitting on the machines and benchs to just sit there and talk and read magazines in between class. So fu**ing annoying.

What I really wanted to post though was the old saying I read every where, "No Pain, No gain." This is not true. You dont have to beat your brains in until your blood is dripping out of your ears and you can't move anymore to get the best results.

Another thing I find stupid is how so many people are blowing all their money on over priced supplements that do nothing and then they try to defend it. I had a guy the myspace forum argue with me about no-xplode. He said it had no caffeine in it. He posted the list of ingredients and then someone else reposted his same list but highlighted the part that says "caffeine" and some else commented, "so were you born stupid or did you evolve that way."

Moral of the story is that these people do no research and have no idea what they are putting in their bodies and have no idea what the ingredients are.

rugbybum

Awards
Another guy I work with saw that I was going to the gym and asked me" WHy are you working out so much? Are you going to try out for the Navy body bulding team??" I said "yes because there is no in between. You are either a competitive body builder or a fat/skinny blob."

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
"I'm on 40mg of d-bol for 25days then i'm doing a ramp down with m1t for 30days." I had a guy say that the other day to me and i started howling at him, the minute he said d-bol only i told him he's going to lose everything post-cycle, then he mentioned the M1t, ohhhhh sorry your going to lose everything and put some more stress on your liver and shut your hpta down nice n hard. Yep good luck keeping anything. And this was all from some guy about 6'4 200lbs if he's lucky, he's a string bean. What is it with these dumbasses thinking d-bol only cycles are going to be good, this is soooooo common, get strong, get bloated, then lose everything post cycle, lol. Oh and when i tried to set him straight it looked like everything was going in one ear and out the other, so i look back when i'm doing hack squats and i can see him immitating me doing using his hand to mimic my mouth. It's all good he'll stay nice n tiny.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
It's because some people have this aversion to injections. I cant explain it. I dont understand it, but I believe thats why they do oral only cycles, (obviously without HCG wich might give them a small chance of keeping some of it.) That being said, 30days of M1T after 25 days of Dbol is just plain silly.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
It's because some people have this aversion to injections. I cant explain it. I dont understand it, but I believe thats why they do oral only cycles, (obviously without HCG wich might give them a small chance of keeping some of it.) That being said, 30days of M1T after 25 days of Dbol is just plain silly.
I think it's more than silly, it's downright stupid. But then again, it's their liver not mine. Darwin in action, without a doubt.

AndroAnarchy

Banned
Awards
Wait wait wait, I got another one. Lmao. I used to go to the chat room on bb.com and this kid (i get a lot of people ask me this, but this kid) he was asking me about working out and how to get in shape. He didn't have any weights or anything and asked if he could fill up a bucket of water and use that to do curls and said "it's 10 gallons so that's like 10 pounds right?" and he asked me if he should do like 500 sit ups a day and 300 curls a day would get him big. i was like uhh no dude. so I decided to explain EVERYTHING to him and give him a crash course. about 30 minutes later, he was like "uhh so yea so curls, i do about 300 of those babies and like 400 sit ups?" I was like OMFG were u not listening to a FUC*IN thing i was saying!

These stupid kids have no idea what they are talking about and they like to look at muscle mags and they think they can work out every muscle everyday and do like 500 reps and not have any equipment.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Guess thats why people that get paid for their wkout/nutritional advice only like to work with serious clients. You know their worth some time if they give you money. Lol. If your like me and you, you give free advice sometimes just to be nice cuz you want to be helpful, then the dude isnt even paying attention, or doesnt want to do anything you suggest. Even when you revise it to meet them half way. But what can you do?:rolleyes:

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Yep i just don't understand the logic of not following the advice of someone who is WAY more advanced than you, i'm talking like a bean pole getting advice on packing on size from someone is like 240lbs, then the skinny guy decides not to listen. I'm sure i'm going to be frustrated quite a bit when i'm fully certified as a personal trainer, which will be in about 6 months or so. I REALLY wanna be someone like Charlies Glass who trains only serious athletes.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK OK...I just have to share this with you guys. On Friday I went to a new gym, a 24hr fitness down the street from my work and I ran into this bozo.

So, theres this Indian dude in his early 30s, 5'10 and maybe 150 wet. Walking around with his traps clenched showing his big man attitude. He's on the smith machine benching and doesn't really catch my attention till he puts on three plates on both sides. I go on with my workout, seated rows, and the next time I look over I see him put on 4 plates.

This calls for the Ipod to be stopped and for me to get in extra rest because this was something i HAD to see. So I'm sitting there with a huge grin on my face just waiting for this guy. He does some stretching and whatever to get ready for the lift. With 405lbs loaded, almost 3x his weight I'm waiting for this guy to kill himself.

So here he goes benching 405lbs at 150lbs! The anticipation grows as he gets a grip on the bar. And...it begins! His ass lifts off the bench, his legs clenched, and he gets the bar off of the lock. He proceeds to lower the bar very very very slowly, all the while his lower back 1 foot off the bench and his legs and arms shaking. He lowers the bar about 3 inches then WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM!!!!!! the bar slams as I'm awaiting this guy's death. I noticed he has a squat pad in the middle of the bar where it would hit his chest. So, what this guy did was put the stoppers approximately 5-6 inches above his chest. After the bar slams, he releases and pulls himself under the bar. He unloads the weight and does the same thing over again. His buddy comes over and he goes on to brag about how he's doing 405lb negatives. Needless to say I was in complete and udder shock. My mouther was gawked open and I didn't know whether to embrace the rage or the humility. Possibly the worst thing I've ever seen done in the gym.

After he's done there he moves on to free weights - incline bench where he can't bench 95lbs without having his ass 2 feet from the bench.