Sleephoria™

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe Matt was going to be giving the finalized product a shot, tonight (if I'm not mistaken).

Good night, sweet prince.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe Matt was going to be giving the finalized product a shot, tonight (if I'm not mistaken).

Good night, sweet prince.
What's the verdict Beast?! Update?

- Valdez

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the verdict Beast?! Update?

- Valdez
Haven't heard from Matt -- I assume he's pulling a Rip Van Winkle lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dosage experiment was a success. Everything adjusted perfectly.
Our sleeping beauty is awake! Prince Tony must have given him a big smooch! :kiss:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are we getting closer?
I can't recall the exact time line of this in relation to the other product releases off the top of my head, but it is in fact much closer than when we'd been discussing it in this thread, last.

Good things to come, here.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I can't recall the exact time line of this in relation to the other product releases off the top of my head, but it is in fact much closer than when we'd been discussing it in this thread, last.

Good things to come, here.
Loving the sound of this.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First ingredient reveal:

J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Jan 15;96(3):365-70.
Coriandrum sativum: evaluation of its anxiolytic effect in the elevated plus-maze.
Emamghoreishi M, Khasaki M, Aazam MF.
Source

Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. [email protected]
Abstract

The clinical applications of benzodiazepines as anxiolytics are limited by their unwanted side effects. Therefore, the development of new pharmacological agents is well justified. Among medicinal plants, Coriandrum sativum L. has been recommended for relief of anxiety and insomnia in Iranian folk medicine. Nevertheless, no pharmacological studies have thus far evaluated its effects on central nervous system. Therefore, the aim of this study was to examine if the aqueous extract of Coriandrum sativum seed has anxiolytic effect in mice. Additionally, its effect on spontaneous activity and neuromuscular coordination were evaluated. The anxiolytic effect of aqueous extract (10, 25, 50, 100 mg/kg, i.p.) was examined in male albino mice using elevated plus-maze as an animal model of anxiety. The effects of the extract on spontaneous activity and neuromuscular coordination were assessed using Animex Activity Meter and rotarod, respectively. In the elevated plus-maze, aqueous extract at 100 mg/kg showed an anxiolytic effect by increasing the time spent on open arms and the percentage of open arm entries, compared to control group. Aqueous extract at 50, 100 and 500 mg/kg significantly reduced spontaneous activity and neuromuscular coordination, compared to control group. These results suggest that the aqueous extract of Coriandrum sativum seed has anxiolytic effect and may have potential sedative and muscle relaxant effects.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love me some GABA-A activation.

Sleephoria will have a full 25mg of 80% magnolol Magnolia extract. This ingredient is incredibly finicky (as the whole formula is). I'm making this formula 2 caps (even though it would fit into 1) so that you can adjust your dosage to 1, 2, or 3 caps.

Neuropharmacology. 2012 Nov;63(6):1191-9. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2012.06.031. Epub 2012 Jul 4.
Magnolol, a major bioactive constituent of the bark of Magnolia officinalis, induces sleep via the benzodiazepine site of GABA(A) receptor in mice.
Chen CR, Zhou XZ, Luo YJ, Huang ZL, Urade Y, Qu WM.
Source

Department of Pharmacology, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, PR China.
Abstract

Magnolol (6,6',7,12-tetramethoxy-2,2'-dimethyl-1-beta-berbaman, C(18)H(18)O(2)), an active ingredient of the bark of Magnolia officinalis, has been reported to exert potent anti-epileptic effects via the GABA(A) receptor. The receptor also mediates sleep in humans and animals. The aim of this study was to determine whether magnolol could modulate sleep behaviors by recording EEG and electromyogram in mice. The results showed that magnolol administered i.p. at a dose of 5 or 25 mg/kg could significantly shorten the sleep latency, increase the amount of non-rapid eye movement (non-REM, NREM) and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep for 3 h after administration with an increase in the number of NREM and REM sleep episodes. Magnolol at doses of 5 and 25 mg/kg increased the number of bouts of wakefulness but decreased their duration. On the other hand, magnolol increased the number of state transitions from wakefulness to NREM sleep and subsequently from NREM sleep to wakefulness. Immunohistochemical study showed that magnolol increased c-Fos expression in the neurons of ventrolateral preoptic area, a sleep center in the anterior hypothalamus, and decreased c-Fos expression in the arousal tuberomammillary nucleus, which was located in the caudolateral hypothalamus. The sleep-promoting effects and changes in c-Fos induced by magnolol were reversed by flumazenil, an antagonist at the benzodiazepine site of the GABA(A) receptor. These results indicate that magnolol increased NREM and REM sleep via the GABA(A) receptor.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

PMID:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's it for today, but stay tuned

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
Looking good so far! I'm excited to see the rest of the ingredients and the intro price.

domore

Awards
Matt, is Sleephoria equivalent to one of your lullabies? Your lullabies always knock me out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Matt, is Sleephoria equivalent to one of your lullabies? Your lullabies always knock me out.
It's like a stack of a lullabye and spooning.

J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Feb 15;139(3):796-800. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2011.12.020. Epub 2011 Dec 21.
Extract of Ganoderma lucidum prolongs sleep time in rats.
Cui XY, Cui SY, Zhang J, Wang ZJ, Yu B, Sheng ZF, Zhang XQ, Zhang YH.
Source

Department of Pharmacology, Peking University, School of Basic Medical Science, Beijing, China.
Abstract
ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE:

Ganoderma lucidum (Ling Zhi) is a basidiomycete white-rot macrofungus that has been used as a tranquilizing agent (i.e., An-Shen effect) for the treatment of restlessness, insomnia, and palpitation in China for hundreds of years.
AIM OF THE STUDY:

The present study aimed to investigate whether Ganoderma lucidum extract (GLE) influences the sleep of freely moving rats and the potential mechanism.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:

Ganoderma lucidum extract was extracted from fruiting bodies of Ganoderma lucidum. Rats were treated with GLE orally for 3 days, and on the third day, electroencephalographic and electromyographic recordings were made for 6h from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. in freely moving rats. Sleep parameters were analyzed using SleepSign software. Tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) levels were measured using the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.
RESULTS:

Three-day administration of GLE significantly increased total sleep time and non-rapid eye movement (NREM) sleep time at a dose of 80 mg/kg (i.g.) without influencing slow-wave sleep or REM sleep in freely moving rats. TNF-α levels were significantly increased concomitantly in serum, the hypothalamus, and dorsal raphe nucleus. The hypnotic effect of GLE (80 mg/kg, i.g.) was significantly inhibited by intracerebroventricular injection of TNF-α antibody (2.5 μg/rat). Co-administration of GLE (40 mg/kg, i.g.) and TNF-α (12.5 ng/rat, i.c.v.), both at ineffective doses, revealed an additive hypnotic effect.
CONCLUSION:

These results suggest that GLE has hypnotic effects in freely moving rats. The mechanism by which the extract promoted sleep remains unclear, but this effect appears to be primarily related to the modulation of cytokines such as TNF-α. Furthermore, these data at least partially support the ethnomedical use of Ganoderma lucidum

For those that don't know, Ambien is also classified as a hypnotic-sedative, though with unpredictable side effects. There will be no Ambien Walrus with Sleephoria.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I'm a little late, but definitely looking forward to seeing the whole formula!

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
"hypnotic effects in freely moving walrus"

"an adventure you'll never remember"

domore

Awards
I'm a little late, but definitely looking forward to seeing the whole formula!
Hey dewster!! You better keep your eyes peeled. We have some unique products in the works.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't wait to test this out.

I don't use any sleep supps, though I've dabbled in the past. I sleep pretty well, but my thyroid issues leave me a bit unrelated in the mornings. Will be interesting to see what type of effect it has on this.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Next up...Crocin!

Crocin promotes non-rapid eye movement sleep in mice.
Mol Nutr Food Res 2012 (2):304-8
Mika Masaki, Kosuke Aritake, Hiroyuki Tanaka, Yukihiro Shoyama, Zhi-Li Huang, Yoshihiro Urade

Crocus sativus L. (saffron) has been traditionally used for the treatment of insomnia and other diseases of the nervous systems. Two carotenoid pigments, crocin and crocetin, are the major components responsible for the various pharmacological activities of C. sativus L. In this study, we examined the sleep-promoting activity of crocin and crocetin by monitoring the locomotor activity and electroencephalogram after administration of these components to mice. Crocin (30 and 100 mg/kg) increased the total time of non-rapid eye movement (non-REM) sleep by 60 and 170%, respectively, during a 4-h period from 20:00 to 24:00 after its intraperitoneal administration at a lights-off time of 20:00. Crocetin (100 mg/kg) also increased the total time of non-REM sleep by 50% after the administration. These compounds did not change the amount of REM sleep or show any adverse effects, such as rebound insomnia, after the induction of sleep.© 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First ingredient reveal:

J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Jan 15;96(3):365-70.
Coriandrum sativum: evaluation of its anxiolytic effect in the elevated plus-maze.
Emamghoreishi M, Khasaki M, Aazam MF.
Source

Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. [email protected]
Abstract

The clinical applications of benzodiazepines as anxiolytics are limited by their unwanted side effects. Therefore, the development of new pharmacological agents is well justified. Among medicinal plants, Coriandrum sativum L. has been recommended for relief of anxiety and insomnia in Iranian folk medicine. Nevertheless, no pharmacological studies have thus far evaluated its effects on central nervous system. Therefore, the aim of this study was to examine if the aqueous extract of Coriandrum sativum seed has anxiolytic effect in mice. Additionally, its effect on spontaneous activity and neuromuscular coordination were evaluated. The anxiolytic effect of aqueous extract (10, 25, 50, 100 mg/kg, i.p.) was examined in male albino mice using elevated plus-maze as an animal model of anxiety. The effects of the extract on spontaneous activity and neuromuscular coordination were assessed using Animex Activity Meter and rotarod, respectively. In the elevated plus-maze, aqueous extract at 100 mg/kg showed an anxiolytic effect by increasing the time spent on open arms and the percentage of open arm entries, compared to control group. Aqueous extract at 50, 100 and 500 mg/kg significantly reduced spontaneous activity and neuromuscular coordination, compared to control group. These results suggest that the aqueous extract of Coriandrum sativum seed has anxiolytic effect and may have potential sedative and muscle relaxant effects.

PMID:
Love me some GABA-A activation.

Sleephoria will have a full 25mg of 80% magnolol Magnolia extract. This ingredient is incredibly finicky (as the whole formula is). I'm making this formula 2 caps (even though it would fit into 1) so that you can adjust your dosage to 1, 2, or 3 caps.

Neuropharmacology. 2012 Nov;63(6):1191-9. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2012.06.031. Epub 2012 Jul 4.
Magnolol, a major bioactive constituent of the bark of Magnolia officinalis, induces sleep via the benzodiazepine site of GABA(A) receptor in mice.
Chen CR, Zhou XZ, Luo YJ, Huang ZL, Urade Y, Qu WM.
Source

Department of Pharmacology, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, PR China.
Abstract

Magnolol (6,6',7,12-tetramethoxy-2,2'-dimethyl-1-beta-berbaman, C(18)H(18)O(2)), an active ingredient of the bark of Magnolia officinalis, has been reported to exert potent anti-epileptic effects via the GABA(A) receptor. The receptor also mediates sleep in humans and animals. The aim of this study was to determine whether magnolol could modulate sleep behaviors by recording EEG and electromyogram in mice. The results showed that magnolol administered i.p. at a dose of 5 or 25 mg/kg could significantly shorten the sleep latency, increase the amount of non-rapid eye movement (non-REM, NREM) and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep for 3 h after administration with an increase in the number of NREM and REM sleep episodes. Magnolol at doses of 5 and 25 mg/kg increased the number of bouts of wakefulness but decreased their duration. On the other hand, magnolol increased the number of state transitions from wakefulness to NREM sleep and subsequently from NREM sleep to wakefulness. Immunohistochemical study showed that magnolol increased c-Fos expression in the neurons of ventrolateral preoptic area, a sleep center in the anterior hypothalamus, and decreased c-Fos expression in the arousal tuberomammillary nucleus, which was located in the caudolateral hypothalamus. The sleep-promoting effects and changes in c-Fos induced by magnolol were reversed by flumazenil, an antagonist at the benzodiazepine site of the GABA(A) receptor. These results indicate that magnolol increased NREM and REM sleep via the GABA(A) receptor.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

PMID:
Double the GABA A double the fun lol! What's oral bioavailability like with these. I saw the one was administered intra peritoneal. Do these readily cross the BBB?

I'm excited for this man been waiting for a long time to see it reach the light of day.

P.S.that Ambien Walrus is no joke. One night after taking it I apparently went down checked the mail (approximately 50ft away from the swimming pool), came back up hid my chicks car keys, and ate two pounds of salami falling asleep while snuggling the packaging LMAO

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23796876

Efficacy of Withania somnifera on seminal plasma metabolites of infertile males: A proton NMR study at 800MHz.
J Ethnopharmacol 2013
Ashish Gupta, Abbas Ali Mahdi, Kamla Kant Shukla, Mohammad Kaleem Ahmad, Navneeta Bansal, Pushplata Sankhwar, Satya Narain Sankhwar

Traditional Indian systems of medicine use roots of Withania somnifera for impotence, infertility treatment, stress, and the aging process. Although Withania somnifera improves semen quality by regulating reproductive hormone levels and oxidative stress, the molecular mechanism is not clear.Our study uses high-resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy to explore the scientific basis to reveal the pre- and post-treatment efficacy of Withania somnifera on seminal plasma of infertile men-which remains unexplored to date.A total of 180 infertile male patients were administered Withania somnifera root powder at the rate of 5g/d for a 3-month period. The study included age-matched, healthy men as a control (n=50) group. Proton NMR spectroscopy was used to measure lactate, alanine, glutamate, glutamine, citrate, lysine, choline, glycerophosphocholine (GPC), glycine, tyrosine, histidine, phenylalanine, and uridine in all seminal plasma samples. To appraise infertility levels, we also measured sperm concentration, motility, lipid peroxide, and hormonal perturbation.Withania somnifera therapy repairs the disturbed concentrations of lactate, alanine, citrate, GPC, histidine, and phenylalanine in seminal plasma and recovers the quality of semen of post-treated compared to pre-treated infertile men. Serum biochemistry was also improved over post-therapy in infertile men. Our findings reveal that Withania somnifera not only reboots enzymatic activity of metabolic pathways and energy metabolism but also invigorates the harmonic balance of seminal plasma metabolites and reproductive hormones in infertile men.The results suggest that Withania somnifera may be used as an empirical therapy for clinical management and treatment of infertility.Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.

-send by Go PubMed iPhone App.

Sent from my iPhone

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Double the GABA A double the fun lol! What's oral bioavailability like with these. I saw the one was administered intra peritoneal. Do these readily cross the BBB?

I'm excited for this man been waiting for a long time to see it reach the light of day.

P.S.that Ambien Walrus is no joke. One night after taking it I apparently went down checked the mail (approximately 50ft away from the swimming pool), came back up hid my chicks car keys, and ate two pounds of salami falling asleep while snuggling the packaging LMAO
That sounds rough bro lol.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm getting sleepy just reading these ingredients.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Note that I am NOT including 5-HTP in the formula, mostly because I (and several alpha testers) found it to be detrimental to sleep inducement.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22897877

Ferulic acid potentiates pentobarbital-induced sleep via the serotonergic system.
Neurosci. Lett. 2012 (2):95-9
Yue Tu, Shi-xiang Cheng, Hong-tao Sun, Tie-zhu Ma, Sai Zhang

Ferulic acid (4-hydroxy-3-methoxycinnamic acid, FA) is a widely distributed natural phenolic compound that is abundant in many plant tissues and foods. This study investigated possible mechanisms underlying the sedative-hypnotic effect of FA through behavioral pharmacology methods. FA showed dose-dependent sedative effects on locomotion activity in normal mice. FA also significantly potentiated pentobarbital-induced (45 mg/kg, i.p.) sleep by prolonging sleeping time and shortening sleep latency in a dose-dependent manner. These effects were augmented by the administration of 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), a precursor of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT). With a sub-hypnotic dose of pentobarbital (25 mg/kg, i.p.), FA significantly increased the rate of sleep onset and exhibited a synergistic effect with 5-HTP (2.5 mg/kg, i.p.). Pretreatment with p-chlorophenylalanine (PCPA, an inhibitor of tryptophan hydroxylase) significantly decreased the duration of pentobarbital-induced sleep, whereas FA significantly reversed this effect. These results suggest that FA has sedative-hypnotic activity, possibly mediated by the serotonergic system.Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.

-send by Go PubMed iPhone App.

Sent from my iPhone

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Having a 60s flashback here. Lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I laughed pretty hard at this, man; particularly snuggling with the wrapper lol.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009 Aug;29(4):378-82. doi: 10.1097/JCP.0b013e3181ac935c.
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of oral Matricaria recutita (chamomile) extract therapy for generalized anxiety disorder.
Amsterdam JD, Li Y, Soeller I, Rockwell K, Mao JJ, Shults J.
Source

Depression Research Unit, University Science Center, 3rd Floor, 3535 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309, USA. [email protected]
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

We conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled efficacy and tolerability trial of Matricaria recutita (chamomile) extract therapy in patients with mild to moderate generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). We hypothesized that chamomile would be superior to placebo in reducing GAD symptoms with a comparable tolerability profile.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:

Sixty-one outpatients with mild to moderate GAD were enrolled, and 57 were randomized to either double-blind chamomile extract (n = 28) or placebo therapy (n = 29) for 8 weeks. The study was powered to detect a statistically significant and clinically meaningful group difference in change over time in total Hamilton Anxiety Rating (HAM-A) scores. Secondary outcomes included change in the Beck Anxiety Inventory, Psychological Well Being, and Clinical Global Impression Severity scores and the proportion of patients with 50% reduction or more in baseline HAM-A score.
RESULTS:

We observed a significantly greater reduction in mean total HAM-A score during chamomile versus placebo therapy (P = 0.047). Although the study was not powered to identify small to moderate differences in secondary outcomes, we observed a positive change in all secondary outcomes in the same direction as the primary outcome measure. One patient in each treatment group discontinued therapy for adverse events. The proportion of patients experiencing 0, 1, 2, or 3 adverse events or more was not significantly different between groups (P = 0.417).
CONCLUSIONS:

This is the first controlled clinical trial of chamomile extract for GAD. The results suggest that chamomile may have modest anxiolytic activity in patients with mild to moderate GAD. Future studies are needed to replicate these observations.

PMID:
PMCID:
PMC3600416

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neurochem Res. 2011 Feb;36(2):250-7. doi: 10.1007/s11064-010-0312-2. Epub 2010 Nov 13.
Effects of Melissa officinalis L. (lemon balm) extract on neurogenesis associated with serum corticosterone and GABA in the mouse dentate gyrus.
Yoo DY, Choi JH, Kim W, Yoo KY, Lee CH, Yoon YS, Won MH, Hwang IK.
Source

Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea.
Abstract

Lemon balm, leaves of Melissa officinalis L., has been used for anti-anxiety and spasmolytics. We observed the extract of Melissa officinalis L. (MOE) on cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation in the hippocampal dentate gyrus (DG) of middle-aged mice (12 months of age) using Ki67 and doublecortin (DCX), respectively. We also observed changes in corticosterone, GAD67 and GABA-transaminase (GABA-T) to check their possible mechanisms related to neurogenesis. We administered 50 or 200 mg/kg MOE to the animals once a day for 3 weeks. For labeling of newly generated cells, we also administered 5-bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) twice a day for 3 days from the day of the first MOE treatment. Administration of 50 or 200 mg/kg MOE dose-dependently increased Ki67 positive nuclei to 244.1 and 763.9% of the vehicle-treated group, respectively. In addition, 50 or 200 mg/kg MOE significantly increased DCX positive neuroblasts with well-developed (tertiary) dendrites. Furthermore, MOE administration significantly increased BrdU/calbindin D-28 k double labeled cells (integrated neurons into granule cells in the DG) to 245.2% of the vehicle-treated group. On the other hand, administration of MOE reduced corticosterone levels in serum and decreased GABA-T levels in the DG homogenates. These results suggest that MOE increases cell proliferation, neuroblast differentiation and integration into granule cells by decreasing serum corticosterone levels as well as by increasing GABA levels in the mouse DG.

PMID:

domore

Awards
Neurochem Res. 2011 Feb;36(2):250-7. doi: 10.1007/s11064-010-0312-2. Epub 2010 Nov 13.
Effects of Melissa officinalis L. (lemon balm) extract on neurogenesis associated with serum corticosterone and GABA in the mouse dentate gyrus.
Yoo DY, Choi JH, Kim W, Yoo KY, Lee CH, Yoon YS, Won MH, Hwang IK.
Source

Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea.
Abstract

Lemon balm, leaves of Melissa officinalis L., has been used for anti-anxiety and spasmolytics. We observed the extract of Melissa officinalis L. (MOE) on cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation in the hippocampal dentate gyrus (DG) of middle-aged mice (12 months of age) using Ki67 and doublecortin (DCX), respectively. We also observed changes in corticosterone, GAD67 and GABA-transaminase (GABA-T) to check their possible mechanisms related to neurogenesis. We administered 50 or 200 mg/kg MOE to the animals once a day for 3 weeks. For labeling of newly generated cells, we also administered 5-bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) twice a day for 3 days from the day of the first MOE treatment. Administration of 50 or 200 mg/kg MOE dose-dependently increased Ki67 positive nuclei to 244.1 and 763.9% of the vehicle-treated group, respectively. In addition, 50 or 200 mg/kg MOE significantly increased DCX positive neuroblasts with well-developed (tertiary) dendrites. Furthermore, MOE administration significantly increased BrdU/calbindin D-28 k double labeled cells (integrated neurons into granule cells in the DG) to 245.2% of the vehicle-treated group. On the other hand, administration of MOE reduced corticosterone levels in serum and decreased GABA-T levels in the DG homogenates. These results suggest that MOE increases cell proliferation, neuroblast differentiation and integration into granule cells by decreasing serum corticosterone levels as well as by increasing GABA levels in the mouse DG.

PMID:
I was guessing we'd see lemon balm. I remember you talking about it way back.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just keeps getting better.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to have this one in the arsenal. It will be a great fit with my lifestyle for the next year or so.
Same here. I've had my eye on this one myself for a while now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How's that compound coming? Any news? I'm ready to sleep.
This is the compound that got lost in transit. Replacement material is finally on the way...

Life Sci. 2007 Jun 27;81(3):234-40. Epub 2007 May 21.
Anxiolytic-like effects of sinapic acid in mice.
Yoon BH, Jung JW, Lee JJ, Cho YW, Jang CG, Jin C, Oh TH, Ryu JH.
Source

Department of Oriental Pharmaceutical Science and Kyung Hee East-West Pharmaceutical Research Institute, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Hoeki-dong, Dongdaemoon-ku, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea.
Abstract

Sinapic acid is a phenylpropanoid compound and is found in various herbal materials and high-bran cereals. With the exception of its antioxidant activities, the pharmacological properties of sinapic acid have been rarely reported. The purpose of this study was to characterize the putative anxiolytic-like properties of sinapic acid using an elevated plus-maze (EPM) and hole-board test. Control mice were orally treated with an equal volume of vehicle (10% Tween 80 solution), and positive control mice were treated with diazepam (1 mg/kg, i.p.). Sinapic acid (4 mg/kg, p.o.) significantly increased the percentages of time spent in the open arms of the EPM test (P<0.05). In the hole-board test, sinapic acid also significantly increased the number of head-dips at 4 mg/kg (P<0.05). In addition, the anxiolytic-like properties of sinapic acid examined in the EPM test were blocked by flumazenil or bicuculline, which are GABA(A) antagonists. Moreover, sinapic acid markedly potentiated GABA current in single cortical neurons in a dose-dependant manner, and reactive I(GABA) increased to 1.8 times at 1 muM of sinapic acid. These results suggested that sinapic acid is a prominent anxiolytic agent, and that its anxiolytic-like effects are mediated via GABA(A) receptors and potentiating Cl(-) currents.

PMID:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sleephoria is that feeling of euphoria you get when you wake up from an incredible night of sleep. Sleep, as we well know, is essential to ideal performance, recovery, growth, and optimal performance. The Sleephoria formula has been painstakingly tested and researched to provide a flawless night of sleep, allowing the body and mind to restore itself, without any residual hangover or difficulty waking up the next morning.

Sleephoria...Arise and Conquer.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Sleephoria is that feeling of euphoria you get when you wake up from an incredible night of sleep. Sleep, as we well know, is essential to ideal performance, recovery, growth, and optimal performance. The Sleephoria formula has been painstakingly tested and researched to provide a flawless night of sleep, allowing the body and mind to restore itself, without any residual hangover or difficulty waking up the next morning.

Sleephoria...Arise and Conquer.
You had me at hello.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dsade Evomuse 13