Segansational's Motivation Log

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nicely done!
Thanks, I'm contemplating hitting back tomorrow, just for fun and because I feel like I've been a total slacker.

But we'll see, have a trip to the zoo planned with the family so will get lots of steps in.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did a lot of walking at the zoo (11,737 steps!) and ended up getting home later than anticipated, so no workout yesterday. But had a great day! Took the kids to get some water ice/custard afterwards. Had a Reese's blendini as a treat. Watched a movie, took them to the playground and enjoyed the nice weather!

Back Workout:

Curl Ups x10,5,3
Foam rolling

Neutral grip pull ups x10,7,7
Bent over BB rows:
95x10
135x6,6,7

PAUSE

Lat pulldowns:
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10
10 plates x 10

Machine rows:
6 plates x 10
7 plates x 10
8 plates x 10

42:20, 105 cals.

Stretching to finish. Just went with a solo back workout today, just whatever I felt like to get back into the groove. Back on the GVT plan this week...

Pre: 1 scoop Zeus, 5g glutamine
Intra: 1 scoop Juice

Starting to feel carrying the extra weight. Will weigh in shortly, but I'm feeling a little more winded just generally, which always happens when I start to bulk.

Edit:
Weigh in: 165.2# - After an initial glycogen dip, managed to rebound a good bit (~3#).
BF: 15.2%

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like an awesome day with the fam. It was beautiful here as well and similarly got some good time at the park and outside. When the sun is shining and you get to see them happy, it puts a smile on your face you can’t beat!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like an awesome trip to the zoo and some great sessions too. Win Win for you bud!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio session:
Bird Dogs, stretching.
26 mins on the bike, 101 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop FitMax
Intra: 1 scoop True Athlete Endurance, 1 scoop Versalyte

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arms.

Resistance band curls, warm up:
15x12,12,12

GVT Supersets:

CG BP
115x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
135x6,6,6
Should've started higher. My right forearm was bothering me right away though, so put on my Tomight arm band. Haven't had to use this in a while.
EZ bar curls 65x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6

DB laterals 30x6,6,6 - last set cheated for sure.
Bent over DB laterals 30x6,6,6

Looking thick, arms getting that rounded look while still maintaining the bicep vein. Stress level at work is high, mood is down. But putting in the work - literally and, well literally!

49:10, 172 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Zeus

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah all those sets you should have one hell of a pump!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick update, slept in this AM. My body just felt it needed it and I'm getting better to listening when I need the rest.

Still got in some cardio after kids were off to school. Took 3 caps of Vice & Vibes Speed fasted, pre-WO. 30:10, 205 cals.

A little heartburn immediately after dosing. Went away with a few sips of EAAs/electrolytes. At this dose, alertness came on slowly/imperceptably until I just noticed almost at the end of cardio that I was awake and alert. No issues with the 0.5mg alpha-Y at this dose. Moderate swesting. Interested to see how bumping the dose (6 caps is the max dosing reco) treats me. May do it slowly.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Arms.

Resistance band curls, warm up:
15x12,12,12

GVT Supersets:

CG BP
115x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
135x6,6,6
Should've started higher. My right forearm was bothering me right away though, so put on my Tomight arm band. Haven't had to use this in a while.
EZ bar curls 65x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6

DB laterals 30x6,6,6 - last set cheated for sure.
Bent over DB laterals 30x6,6,6

Looking thick, arms getting that rounded look while still maintaining the bicep vein. Stress level at work is high, mood is down. But putting in the work - literally and, well literally!

49:10, 172 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Zeus
Nice workout!! Sounds like things are going good! Bummer that work stress is high, that can be a hard one to control.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah all those sets you should have one hell of a pump!
Pump city!
Nice workout!! Sounds like things are going good! Bummer that work stress is high, that can be a hard one to control.
Yeah workout-wise and physique, things are progressing nicely. Will post a progress photo later.

Definitely not much to be done about work, impending deadlines, etc. But just trying to manage the best I can, one day, one project at a time.

Legs GVT.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

BB Squats:
95x12
175x10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10

- Forgot to use banded pull aparts on the first set, and my shoulder girdle/traps reminded me! rest was done with a pre-set of pull aparts.
- Put on my belt after set 3, I was feeling just a twinge of inability to keep my core tight. A little extra intra-abdominal pressure helped my confidence immensely.
- Really started to tax me at set 7.

Superset with:

DB hamstring curls, 5#x10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10

Ran out of time, so no additional accessory/ab work.

54:37, 267 cals

Pre: 3/4 scoop Zeus

Thinking of continuing a bulk through the summer. Gotta talk to my coach about it, but I'm really liking the gain train at the moment! Would allow me to switch gears come Aug/Sept to do a low and slow (16 week cut) to potentially prep for a show end of year?

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have a little hair but not even sure it is enough to see on most pictures. Now my chest and stomach is another story.
when I notice my wife is tickling her nose more often when we are watching tv in bed or something I know it's time for me to trim the chest hair down a bit cause it's getting in her nose lol 😅😅

BB Squats:
95x12
175x10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10
I bet you were feeling that!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
when I notice my wife is tickling her nose more often when we are watching tv in bed or something I know it's time for me to trim the chest hair down a bit cause it's getting in her nose lol 😅😅

Now imagine it is that long and snow white. Yep that's mine. I have the body and facial hair of a 75 year old man!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Segansational I bet you were walking funny after that session. If not I bet you will be soon!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Segansational I bet you were walking funny after that session. If not I bet you will be soon!
Oh yeah, legs felt swole for sure. Tried taking my daughter out in our wagon for a short walk this evening and my legs were asking me what I was thinking! My lower back is giving me a little grief, so hopefully that'll go away by tomorrow.

Here are those progress pictures I promised:

Post back day workout, and after today's leg workout. Feel like my quad thickness and sweep is filling out.

20230329_063457.jpg

20230329_063518~2.jpg

20230331_064828.jpg

And look what we've got here!

20230331_174730.jpg

Plus final label:

20230331_174809.jpg

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking strong and big man!!

was following along the thread about the release for oracle…. Pretty intense lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking great man! Can;t wait to hear your thoughts on the Oracle. Mine should be coming in soon!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking strong and big man!!

was following along the thread about the release for oracle…. Pretty intense lol
Thanks brother.
Looking great man! Can;t wait to hear your thoughts on the Oracle. Mine should be coming in soon!
Thanks Kleen. Just got back from using 1 scoop...

Chest Session.

Warm up, Machine Chest Press
- 3 sets, increasing weights

Weights are per side. Honestly don't recall number of reps very well:

Incline Machine Press
45#
70#
75-80# ?

Decline Machine Press
45# x12
90# x10
100# x6?

Flat Bench Machine Press
45# x10
70# ?
80# ?

Seated Machine Flys
40# x12
50# x10
60# x6-8?

Neutral Grip Machine Press - dropsets AMRAP to failure
40# x30
30# x6
20# x10?
10# x20-25?

41:42, 206 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop Oracle
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 10g Glutamine

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will cross post my thoughts on my first WO with Oracle:

Ok, thoughts post-workout with 1 scoop:

Took 1 scoop on the way to the gym. Effects started to come on about 25 mins into my drive. Light sensation of fast heart rate, consistent, but less intense than what I experience with alpha-y pre's. Like just under the surface. By 40 mins in (traffic/accident on the highway) started to feel that nervous energy, as if my muscles had to start moving. Too bad I was stuck in traffic.

Pretty light in terms of stim effect otherwise or focus, but also I want to give it another proper go when I don't hit a delay in getting to the gym. Was probably close to an hour by the time I actually started my first set. Taste is pretty sweet, Smarties would be the flavor I'd peg it as. Has a bit of a "slick" mouthfeel also is how I'd describe it, likely due to the sugary flavoring. Good, given the sort of hit or miss flavoring in the past. May try 1.5 scoops next, but that'll probably be my limit in terms of alpha-y tolerance.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio session, 30 mins, 153 cals, bike. Curl ups beforehand, Russian medicine ball twists afterwards. Took 1 scoop Oracle pre-WO, this may be the optimal use of this product for me.

Weight: 165.6# (+0.4#)
BF: 15.3% (+0.1%)

Weight holding steady since last week.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like Oracle was pretty nice for you. I think mine should be here early this week if not today. I don't have a tracking though so not sure.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking good, Quadrasaurus!
Now just gotta work on these T-rex arms!
Sounds like Oracle was pretty nice for you. I think mine should be here early this week if not today. I don't have a tracking though so not sure.
At 1 scoop it was pretty mild, but I think the low dose alpha-y could be good for cardio days. Today I tried out 1.5 scoops pre-WO and the beta alanine tingles hit HARD 20 mins in.

Back.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3 and some slow, hard contraction cat backs. My lower left side has just been feeling a little off since the weekend, so made sure to try to do prehab exercises to address.

Lat pulldowns:
Warm up, 4 plates x 12
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10
10 plates x 10

Deadlifts:
135x10
185x3x6 - these felt tough this morning. Caught my right shin wrong on the second set which stung pretty good.

Low seated cable rows (v-bar handle):
6 plates x 10
7 plates x 10
8 plates x 10

BB rows:
135x10,10 - with straps
These went surprisingly well today at the end of my workout. Only got in 2 sets because my son woke up.

56:47, 165 cals

Pre: 1.5 scoops Oracle. 20 mins into taking this, beta alanine tingles were intense. Stim matrix seemed to kick in decently well, but not overwhelmingly a rush of energy, but a more gentle alertness. Definite felt a harder chest pounding sensation at 1.5 scoops, may test 2 full scoops yet. TBD, but so far the alpha-y has not been rate limiting which is a huge plus.
Intra: 1 scoop Juice, 10g glutamine

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So far the Oracle sounds like it is treating you pretty well. How do you rate it on pumps?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So far the Oracle sounds like it is treating you pretty well. How do you rate it on pumps?
So far, so good. I honestly wasn't expecting too much based on profile, but the energy has been good. Smooth and clean, very low jitters, even with the alpha-y at 2 scoops. Pump is probably low to moderate, but hard for me to tell too as I also do high volume workouts like you.

Arms.

Warm up:
Cable Curls, 4 plates x 2 x 10
Dips, 2 x 12

GVT Supersets:
EZ bar curls +55x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6
CG BP, 135x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6

46:28, 162 cals

Paused after set 6 as son woke up, strapped up my belt and my arm band and kept going. Felt like I was a little bit going through the motions, but also a bit distracted. But weights were flying up, so can't really complain.

Pre: 2 scoops Oracle. Well, worked my way up to 2 full scoops and had no alpha-y issues. That is an unexpected bonus, as usually that is rate limiting. Energy came on pretty quickly after taking, even after a late night. Face tingles started about 12 mins in. Maybe slight increase in sweating? Vascularity was good in both arms today. All in all, a good experience and worth rotating in for a boost of energy pre-WO.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have a feeling this will be nice for a LISS or HIIT session too. It increases sweating and body temp from what I felt off of just 1 scoop and can see 1 scoop being perfect pre-cardio!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a feeling this will be nice for a LISS or HIIT session too. It increases sweating and body temp from what I felt off of just 1 scoop and can see 1 scoop being perfect pre-cardio!
Yeah I agree. One scoop would be just enough to give you that extra kick.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
27:07, 141 cals on the bike this morning. One more workout session tomorrow before heading out for Easter and kids' birthday festivities.

If anyone else didn't see this, @sns8778 is running an awesome sale across all of his sites. Lots of options for freebies! Just stocked up on SNS products.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
27:07, 141 cals on the bike this morning. One more workout session tomorrow before heading out for Easter and kids' birthday festivities.

If anyone else didn't see this, @sns8778 is running an awesome sale across all of his sites. Lots of options for freebies! Just stocked up on SNS products.
Have a good Easter with the family and birthday festivities!! Yeah that sale is a good one, got a nice stock up myself.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have a good Easter with the family and birthday festivities!! Yeah that sale is a good one, got a nice stock up myself.
Same to you brother!

Yeah, thinking I might run a natty anabolic stack of Anacyclus XT + Ursa Gel next up. Maybe tie it into Recomp20 right after to tighten it up. Boom, next two months planned out.

Leg Day with coach.

He really put me through the paces today, lots or squat variations plus partials, and some single leg iso for good measure.

Warm up:
Seated Hamstring curls 55x3x10

Smith squat machine:

Full ROM x10, bottom partial x10, top partial x10
Bottom partials, 3 sets to failure
Feet forward about a foot, 3 sets to failure
Feet forward about two feet, 3 sets to failure
Split squats, 3 sets to failure per side

Supersets:
Single leg press 2x10
Seated leg ext 55x2x10

~48 mins, 298 cals. This is under reported, as I didn't start recording my fitbit until after the warm up.

Absolutely toasted! Lots of assisted stretching today as my left hip flexor had been feeling really tight. Sweat like crazy.

Pre: 1 scoop Defiant Unleashed July 4th Edition
Post: 2 brown sugar Pop Tarts, 1 scoop Isolate with almond milk. Earned these f*cking pop tarts!

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same to you brother!

Yeah, thinking I might run a natty anabolic stack of Anacyclus XT + Ursa Gel next up. Maybe tie it into Recomp20 right after to tighten it up. Boom, next two months planned out.

Leg Day with coach.

He really put me through the paces today, lots or squat variations plus partials, and some single leg iso for good measure.

Warm up:
Seated Hamstring curls 55x3x10

Smith squat machine:

Full ROM x10, bottom partial x10, top partial x10
Bottom partials, 3 sets to failure
Feet forward about a foot, 3 sets to failure
Feet forward about two feet, 3 sets to failure
Split squats, 3 sets to failure per side

Supersets:
Single leg press 2x10
Seated leg ext 55x2x10

~48 mins, 298 cals. This is under reported, as I didn't start recording my fitbit until after the warm up.

Absolutely toasted! Lots of assisted stretching today as my left hip flexor had been feeling really tight. Sweat like crazy.

Pre: 1 scoop Defiant Unleashed July 4th Edition
Post: 2 brown sugar Pop Tarts, 1 scoop Isolate with almond milk. Earned these f*cking pop tarts!
Coach would have had to carry me to my truck!!! That’s a huge legs day man awesome.
I picked up recomp 20 as well. Going to do a month of lean edge/yohimbine/cla then after that run I might do recomp20. Or maybe save it until fall, so many choices.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! My legs are toast right now, haha.

Saw this and thought a bunch of you AM folks would want to smoke this comp:

@Hyde @Dustin07 @HokiePride @ANABOLICWRWLF @SkRaw85

Feel free to tag in anyone else.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I considered this at the end of last year just for the fun of it. Got the email the other day and thought about it again. I don't know if I have the constitution to do all it takes to make the submittal, i.e. weighing and marking plates, making a video etc.

It has been lingering in the back of my mind though, and know it's come to the forefront again!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest/Back GVT.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Rotator cuff resistance bands, 2x12

Warm Up, supersets:
Chest press machine, 6 plates, 2x12
Standing close grip rows, 6 plates, 2x12

Supersets:
Bench press:
135x10,10,10,10,10,7
BB rows, thumbless grip:
100x10,10,10,10,10,10 - belted last two sets. Could've kept going here, so will likely increase weights slightly.

Paused after 4 sets. Tapped out after 6 due to bench. Left shoulder joint felt tight this morning and my left elbow joint felt a little weaker as I went on.

Resistance band flys:
20x12,10,10,10
Lat pulldowns:
8 plates x 10,10,10,9
Stopped after 4 sets. Last set of my lat pulldowns my right shoulder popped, so didn't want to push my luck.

Upper body shape is coming along well. Wide lats and getting that inverted triangle shape back. Can't wait to see how this all looks in a few months when I slim down the waist.

52:22, 240 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Defiant Unleashed July 4th edition

Was feeling the exertion in the gym this morning. Sucking some air. Absolutely packed weekend with kid/family activities, but I could tell they had a great time with friends and family. Showered with love and way too much candy! This is what it's all about, making those memories for them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After slimming down the waist eh... I can't wait to get where you are right now. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I guess if you just can’t take a day to do a local meet that’s cool of Rogue, but that is more work than just doing a powerlifting meet! I would spend the $150 to do a meet and let the promoter provide calibrated equipment etc. Then they will record your total on Open Powerlifting so it’s visible publicly forever.

I wonder how many people will try to sneak some cut down briefs under their singlet I think it’s pretty cool they allow elbow sleeves, for guys who just can’t bench comfortably without them. Also no pause should help people get a bit more weight there. I like Rogue, not just their equipment but as a company.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know, that might just be the thing to do! Maybe once I get through this goal of a BB show, I'll buckle down on my strength goals and make one to specifically target a PL meet. Not to necessarily hit any stretch goals, but just for the experience. Feel like that atmosphere alone could just be a cool thing to experience.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know, that might just be the thing to do! Maybe once I get through this goal of a BB show, I'll buckle down on my strength goals and make one to specifically target a PL meet. Not to necessarily hit any stretch goals, but just for the experience. Feel like that atmosphere alone could just be a cool thing to experience.
It’s why I keep competing. The adrenaline of having to do it there on the day, with other people cheering you on watching, and watching the other guys hoping they do well too - everyone generally wants to see everyone make their lifts at local meets.

You can max out in any gym, but it’s the camaraderie of the competition that makes the experience more special I think.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s why I keep competing. The adrenaline of having to do it there on the day, with other people cheering you on watching, and watching the other guys hoping they do well too - everyone generally wants to see everyone make their lifts at local meets.

You can max out in any gym, but it’s the camaraderie of the competition that makes the experience more special I think.
Facts, it is not as "me against you" like it is for a physique based show. Plus nothing helps with adherence more than having something you need to be at your best for with a deadline.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curl Ups x10,5,3
Cardio, bike, 30 mins, 174 cals.
Knee raises x12,12,10
Superset with
Side bends with Thor Hammer 25x3x10 per side

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Couple of fun updates.

Weight: 165.4#, holding steady
BF: 15.2%

Progress photos. Just feeling wide and full. Really pleased with the progression.

20230410_065736~2.jpg

20230410_070146~2.jpg

And of course, some goodies from @sns8778 Easter Sale landed yesterday! Probably the biggest order I've placed in one shot from SNS before. But I should be all set for a little while, particularly as I go into a cut in the fall.

20230410_222511.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking wide!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking good. And thank you for the order; I think and hope that you'll be pleased with the products.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Cool stuff, I had helped a number of buddy's and competitors I coached (or coached with in some cases) do video comps for some huge qualifiers.

I really liked being at a comp in person, it was low stress for me cause I knew I was what I was and I wasnt going to get any fitter in the next 8hrs so we'd crank the music, strip off the shirts and go hogwild together, dripping sweat and bleeding all over the place.

My ex would give me **** for talking to other competitions mid workout, or smiling too much but it was sorta a part of my game. I always practiced any wods that were released in advance, went with a pacing plan etc and only deviated in the last ten percent when I switched to sprint mode.

I might have looked like I wasn't taking it serious but it got me on the podium!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arms.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Warm Up, supersets:
TRX biceps curls 2x10
Dips 2x10

GVT Supersets:
EZ bar curls +60x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6

Surprised I was able to hit all 10 sets on these. Could probably move up on close grip, but will need to keep an eye on my elbow joints as left one was acting up a tad.

50:58, 171 cals.

Powered through today, even though my energy level wasn't fully there. Obliques were feeling it from yesterday's side bends. Was pleasantly surprised at how well the curls went today with this weight. Skipped shoulders, but will look to hit them this weekend with coach.

Pre: 1 packet Wild Thing Rocket Pop. First time trying this out. The flavor was probably one of the more true Rocket Pop flavors I've had recently. Beta alanine tingles came on fast.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Arms.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Warm Up, supersets:
TRX biceps curls 2x10
Dips 2x10

GVT Supersets:

Surprised I was able to hit all 10 sets on these. Could probably move up on close grip, but will need to keep an eye on my elbow joints as left one was acting up a tad.

50:58, 171 cals.

Powered through today, even though my energy level wasn't fully there. Obliques were feeling it from yesterday's side bends. Was pleasantly surprised at how well the curls went today with this weight. Skipped shoulders, but will look to hit them this weekend with coach.

Pre: 1 packet Wild Thing Rocket Pop. First time trying this out. The flavor was probably one of the more true Rocket Pop flavors I've had recently. Beta alanine tingles came on fast.
I always enjoyed Wild Thing, it's a great Pre!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you using elbow sleeves?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how are the guns today?
I really want to craft a legit "arms" day but it's easy to get bored with the repetition. Today I did sets of ez bar curls, seated incline db curls, db curls standing, and hammer curls for a pump. TBH I feel like it was only half of what I should have done on a truly legit bicep blast day

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Superset Tri's next time!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you using elbow sleeves?
Sometimes, just depends on how I'm feeling, but it's a little annoying to constantly pull them on and off when supersetting with biceps.
how are the guns today?
I really want to craft a legit "arms" day but it's easy to get bored with the repetition. Today I did sets of ez bar curls, seated incline db curls, db curls standing, and hammer curls for a pump. TBH I feel like it was only half of what I should have done on a truly legit bicep blast day
So far so good, but usually it hits the next day. Take a look back in my log at last week's arm session with my coach, some crazy growth forcing exercises in there.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So far so good, but usually it hits the next day. Take a look back in my log at last week's arm session with my coach, some crazy growth forcing exercises in there.
yeah I saw that, a lot of sets! good pump?
my worst lift is squats, so I "need" to work on that, but IMO my most lagging size element is arms so I "want" to work on that lol