Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey you did some good work for having been on a roof all day!
I figured it's better then nothing. I have a lot of room for calories today too, so far because of the heat I kept all my meals light. Ive got 1800 calories to play with still. I also need to get in another 150gm of protein.

Probably gonna cram 3 more meals in before bed. Making sloppy joes with ground turkey right now and a pasta salad with paste, peas, tuna and I'm actually going to use Mayo this time instead of the Greek yogurt because I need some extra calories.

Not the type of food I'd normally eat but, I got room to spare.

I also forgot to mention I woke up down 2 lb today. And I'm sure after eating light sweating all day and throwing up I probably lost a couple more lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I worked really hard here to make a healthy ish meal that looks like junk food, it actually tasted pretty good too.

IMG_20220629_184644837~2.jpg

@jtmass

It's ground turkey made into sloppy joes on some 50 calorie hotdog buns with low fat shredded cheese

And then that's chic pea pasta with peas, tuna and low fat mayo/Greek yogurt mixed together and seasoned with powdered ranch. I promise that sauce mixture tastes a lot better than it sounds lol.

54gm protein, 128gm carbs and 17gm fat

That's more fat than I typically would like in a post workout meal but like I said I didn't eat a lot today and I actually had almost no fat yet today because I replaced my eggs and meat meal this morning with fat free Greek yogurt, fruit and coffee.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm going to force myself not to step on the scale again till Sunday and I'll do my weigh-ins once a week otherwise I'll start micromanaging day by day or meal by meal and do more harm than good.

A few years ago I did a really aggressive dirty bulk and I micromanaged day by day to make sure I gained weight every single day and it went ridiculous lol. Think I went from the high 190s to 223 in like 6 weeks lol

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I worked really hard here to make a healthy ish meal that looks like junk food, it actually tasted pretty good too.

View attachment 218526
@jtmass

It's ground turkey made into sloppy joes on some 50 calorie hotdog buns with low fat shredded cheese

And then that's chic pea pasta with peas, tuna and low fat mayo/Greek yogurt mixed together and seasoned with powdered ranch. I promise that sauce mixture tastes a lot better than it sounds lol.

That's more fat than I typically would like in a post workout meal but like I said I didn't eat a lot today and I actually had almost no fat yet today because I replaced my eggs and meat meal this morning with fat free Greek yogurt, fruit and coffee.
Eating oats and eggs while looking at the sloppy joes.. lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm glad I'm not trying to get big right now, I'm stuck on a roof top again for 8 hours painting concrete blocks and stucko. Really zaps your appetite and energy levels. I'm almost guaranteeing myself that today is going to be a rest day. Especially after yesterdays gym fail lol.

I'm just gonna call it now, taking today off from the gym, il use the free time to meal prep for Friday through Sunday and try to get some extra rest

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The only good thing about doing crap work like this is that when you have crappy days like today you're burning so many more calories than normal it's like taking the place of a cardio session lol

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

View attachment 218526
@jtmass

Bro my wife and I were just trying to think of ideas for lean ground turkey besides taco meat and chili. I aint had sloppy joe's in years! That's a great idea.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought your new job was supposed to start by now? How much longer til you're done w painting and get that new gig goin?

Hydrate dude, get breaks as frequently as you need them; take care of yourself. Hopefully someone is checking on you occasionally to make sure you don't pass out from heat exhaustion.

Oh. And yeah, sloppy joes, good call! Gonna get some manwich sauce today if I remember!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t imagine someone trying to do what you’re doing AND bulk simultaneously. No way Jose!!! It’s hard enough just doing the job; you don’t have energy to spare on lethargy and digestion.
Lord, it would probably take 5000+ calories to bulk, even at a body weight of 190-200.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I thought your new job was supposed to start by now? How much longer til you're done w painting and get that new gig goin?

Hydrate dude, get breaks as frequently as you need them; take care of yourself. Hopefully someone is checking on you occasionally to make sure you don't pass out from heat exhaustion.

Oh. And yeah, sloppy joes, good call! Gonna get some manwich sauce today if I remember!
Just got a call earlier today from the business agent saying Tuesday next week is my start date and he's supposed to text me the bosses number and still hasn't lol.

I'm gonna call him back first thing in the morning if he doesn't get back to me tonight but it looks like Tuesday next week.

I've been going back and forth with them since February with start dates. But this time I think it's final. He gave me a company name and it's one of the crews a friend of mine is the foreman of so I think that's why they were waiting so long but I've been getting the runaround for like 4 months

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bro my wife and I were just trying to think of ideas for lean ground turkey besides taco meat and chili. I aint had sloppy joe's in years! That's a great idea.
Ground Turkey is great mixed in with pasta & sauce.

And you can use lentil pasta or the like if you want a massive increase in protein, fiber and satiety. Just be careful because most people can only handle so many beans at once!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

And you can use lentil pasta or the like if you want a massive increase in protein, fiber and satiety. Just be careful because most people can only handle so many beans at once!
I do ground turkey with sweet potato pasta and sauce all the time.

Turkey taco pizza on flatbreads

Ground turkey breakfast burgers with a fried egg on top

Turkey sloppy joes

Another really good one I'll do is cook the ground turkey in a frying pan and then I'll add the low calorie teriyaki's you've seen me use in the other threads, broccoli florets, green onions and sliced up mini sweet peppers and turn it into like a ground turkey stir fry and serve it over rice and that's a home run

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also guys I know that ground turkey is getting really expensive right now so what I've been doing is buying the cheap ground beef cook it drain it put it in a strainer and rinse it with hot water and then throw it back in the frying pan and cook off that extra water and you can get it pretty lean ground beef out of the cheaper stuff that way. I don't know exact but by the amount of fat pouring off vs when I cook the 93/7 it's similar, I'm guessing you can turn the 80/10 into 90/10 or 93/7 if you drain and rinse really good

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also guys I know that ground turkey is getting really expensive right now so what I've been doing is buying the cheap ground beef cook it drain it put it in a strainer and rinse it with hot water and then throw it back in the frying pan and cook off that extra water and you can get it pretty lean ground beef out of the cheaper stuff that way. I don't know exact but by the amount of fat pouring off vs when I cook the 93/7 it's similar, I'm guessing you can turn the 80/10 into 90/10 or 93/7 if you drain and rinse really good
I do this trick as well when I am being a good boy! Big benefit here is you get all the iron of beef for pretty cheap. This is also how Wendy's makes their chili. Left over patties boiled, strained, then simmered for hours in the chili mixins.

Another one I didn't see mentioned here was turkey chili, one of my staples and if you want more fiber at beans to taste.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do this trick as well when I am being a good boy! Big benefit here is you get all the iron of beef for pretty cheap. This is also how Wendy's makes their chili. Left over patties boiled, strained, then simmered for hours in the chili mixins.

Another one I didn't see mentioned here was turkey chili, one of my staples and if you want more fiber at beans to taste.
Heck yeah! My wife makes a bangin turkey chili. Like the idea of getting the beef leaner though. That 93/7 stuff is getting expensive. But then again what's not.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Heck yeah! My wife makes a bangin turkey chili. Like the idea of getting the beef leaner though. That 93/7 stuff is getting expensive. But then again what's not.
Meats getting outrageous, I bought 60 or 64 lbs of meat like 2 weeks ago and every Friday I replace about 10lbs of it.

It's me, my girl and my 2 kids. Every week we go through 10lbs. I eat 6 and the three of them eat about 4lbs combined. I'm trying to incorporate more high protein pastas and breads. Stuff made from lentils, peas ect. I know they're not all complete protein profiles but I figure between the 10 lb of meat, Greek yogurt, the fairlife milk, eggs, whey and the Eaa's I sip during the day there's always going to be amino acids in my blood and I'm sure all the plant-based proteins I'm trying to add in will just supplement that. So originally I was shooting for 250-300 gm of protein mostly from animal products. But now I'm thinking if I can get 150-180 from animal products and another 100+ from plant based, plus all the carbs being muscle sparing I should be fine.

Time will tell. Also it's not like I'm some giant mofo that needs 250+ gm protein in the first place. I just want to get the majority of my calories from protein sources because I just feel better eating that way

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

So here's some lazy ass **** lol, if I make the turkey sloppy joes and I end up being the only one that eats it which I usually am because for some reason my kids don't like sloppy joes....
😕
I know right lol

But il cut up onions, peppers and throw them in the crock pot with a big can of crushed tomatoes, and some chili spices at throw it on high for 2 hours, then I'll throw the turkey joes and 2 cans of beans in and let it go for another hour or two lol.

Some broke ass chili lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@SBH I saw another thread you mentioned that you really liked R Andro, can you tell me a little bit about your experience with it. I've used it before but mixed in with other things so I don't really know what I'm looking for. All I know is similar to epiandro.

Also, what's everyone's exp with arachidonic acid, I know @Hyde said it makes him ridiculously sore but so far I'm not really finding it's doing that to me. I'm not doing an excessive amount of volume or really pushing things super hard so that may have something to do with it but I have taken a few exercises to legit failure and I'm not noticing any real soreness. With that being said I'm not someone who gets excessively sore from lifting unless I absolutely destroy a body part so I don't know if that would play a role in this

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Looking swole brother love the meal reports - gives me some ideas of things to make other than Huel (the lazy man’s / expensive MRE lol). I’ve been bad lately, PBJ and a protein shake for lunch 🤣
With the prices of everything going up I’ve also tried baking some protein snacks - it’s amazing what a little baking powder and flour can make with protein powder. Except I’m trying coconut flour and it’s drying everything out!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looking swole brother love the meal reports - gives me some ideas of things to make other than Huel (the lazy man’s / expensive MRE lol). I’ve been bad lately, PBJ and a protein shake for lunch 🤣
With the prices of everything going up I’ve also tried baking some protein snacks - it’s amazing what a little baking powder and flour can make with protein powder. Except I’m trying coconut flour and it’s drying everything out!
There's a couple different high protein breads that are 10gm protein per slice, il occasionally make those with 2 servings of peanut butter and wash it down with fairlife milk. That little PBJ and fairlife ends up being 700-750 calories
And 47gm of protein.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Those loaf of bread are usually about $5, big jar of peanut butter $4 and a gallon of lactose free milk $8 and cheap crap jelly for $1 so $18 total and it makes 10-12 meals at the calories and protein listed above.

I'm still managing to keep my personal groceries under $100 per week, and if I got a little more nitpicky I could probably get it down to about 75

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
have you tried baking your own stuff at all? Once you get the recipe right it’s super cheap and healthy if you don’t add sugar. I use ON protein with coconut flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. A few eggs with each batch and maybe a pinch of brown sugar. I’ve been researching 3-5 ingredient high protein baked snacks. Lots of options from muffins to pancakes

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah the high protein bread is great, I usually wash it down with a protein shake with skim milk. I love milk but the sugar content is kind of high

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah the high protein bread is great, I usually wash it down with a protein shake with skim milk. I love milk but the sugar content is kind of high
I do make some of my own stuff but I try to use as little protein powder as possible and as much real food as possible. So I usually reserve the protein powder for a couple random desserts and my overnight oats bowls.

I use to use a lot more protein powder but after switching to mostly whole foods and minimizing the powder I started seeing much better progress.

Also, the fairlife milk is lactose free, double the protein and half the sugar of regular milk. And the chocolate fairlife is probably the best chocolate milk I've ever had. Even my picky ass kids lovevit

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
have you tried baking your own stuff at all? Once you get the recipe right it’s super cheap and healthy if you don’t add sugar. I use ON protein with coconut flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. A few eggs with each batch and maybe a pinch of brown sugar. I’ve been researching 3-5 ingredient high protein baked snacks. Lots of options from muffins to pancakes
I have made the protein powder pancakes and I have a few recipes for those that came out really good That's definitely on my list of keepers!

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m going to check out fair life next time I’m at the store!

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's up everyone! I was one of the lucky few to be chosen to log this new product called R-Andro. Huge thanks to @LeanEngineer and @Afi140 for their generosity.

I'm not new to the 7-k-dhea or epiandro, but have never used the Ara, so I'm super excited to see how this all works together.

I actually started the pills yesterday, even though I was at work & knew I wouldn't e hitting the gym until today.

Due to my crazy work schedule, (rotating days & nights), I usually do full body exercises when I'm able to get to the gym. If I know I'll have a couple days off, I also try to get some cardio in. My body seems to respond well to this routine. It definitely keeps me from overtraining any one body part. Cardio is the exercise bike.

I had full acl replacement in mid February, so my leg routine is very limited, but it's improving well.

Diet for the most part is clean. I love to cook on my days off. Usually big meals off the BBQ pit or smoker, so yeah, a lot of protein.

I'm on trt, 150mg test a week
Other things I'm taking:
5mg Tadalafil Ed
Crestor
Xarelto
Cissus
Ubiquinol with omega-3
Olive leaf
Probiotic
Multi

I try to keep my logs fun & entertaining while still letting you know what's happening on my end. I don't necessarily log sets/reps or calories, but can still tell you how my workouts are going and may, from time to time, brag on something I cooked.

It was kind of funny last night. I was laying in bed, and all I could think about was today's workout!
Unfortunately for me, working out and riding my mountain bike.

Today's workout was very intense and fast! I try to keep the rest between sets to as short as possible. I'm breathing heavily throughout the entire workout. I usually aim for 12+ reps on all exercises, so that keeps the weight a little lower, which I think also helps me prevent further injuries. Lol. I'm also working around a torn rotator cuff, but surgery isn't an option this year because of my knee surgery time off from work.

I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll stop here for now. Here's some pics from this morning. Oh, I'm 5'7" and just shy of 200lbs.

Thanks to all that follow! Feel free to ask any questions and qritique as well.
View attachment 218497View attachment 218498
@SBH I saw another thread you mentioned that you really liked R Andro, can you tell me a little bit about your experience with it. I've used it before but mixed in with other things so I don't really know what I'm looking for. All I know is similar to epiandro.
I used the oral version once for a cut and the the transdermal version once stacked with td 4-andro for a lean gainer. It is very much like epiandrosterone but seems to help hold and make strength gains better. I felt pretty good on it also. I like epi but the R-andro is better.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What are some high protein bread brands?

Also, my ARA experience was strictly with the old X Gels from MN. I think it was like 6-8 capsules a day, so I don’t know the total dosage but it was what everyone was running at the time.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My experience with ARA was also X Gels about an hour before workout. I did experience the DOMS, but what got to me is my joints in my shoulders, hands, and elbows really started aching. I’m sure it works good for others, but not so sure it’s wise for us older guys.
Also, now I’m going to have to make some chili in my Crockpot tomorrow…..for some reason I’m craving it.😜

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What are some high protein bread brands?

Also, my ARA experience was strictly with the old X Gels from MN. I think it was like 6-8 capsules a day, so I don’t know the total dosage but it was what everyone was running at the time.
This is the one I use lately
Screenshot_20220701-052303~2.png

The slices are small and dense. It's good for pbj or toasted breakfast sandwich and stuff like that, it's terrible for French toast.

Dave's killer bread makes one too that's 5gm protein per slice and there bigger slices and taste better but it's $5.99 a loaf with half the protein and twice the volume.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is the one I use lately View attachment 218601
The slices are small and dense. It's good for pbj or toasted breakfast sandwich and stuff like that, it's terrible for French toast.

Dave's killer bread makes one too that's 5gm protein per slice and there bigger slices and taste better but it's $5.99 a loaf with half the protein and twice the volume.
10g protein per serving thats pretty good. I’ve used the Thomas bagel protein English muffins. They’re pretty good and dense with 9g protein per serving.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
10g protein per serving thats pretty good. I’ve used the Thomas bagel protein English muffins. They’re pretty good and dense with 9g protein per serving.
It's actually 10 G per slice so if you make a sandwich your getting 20gm pro from the bread alone.

But I really urge no one to try to use them to make French toast it's really bad LOL.

They're just so dense that they can't absorb anything they turn into solid sponges is the best way I can explain it

ReformedNerd

Awards
Another good protein bread option is "Keto Bread". Plenty of fiber and 5g of protein per slice.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like to also track my food so il post my meals but there pretty much the same most of the time. I'm basically tracking my protein and total calories and because I typically work out at 4pm and 830pm I most of the time will eat the bulk of my carbs later in the day.

5-6meal per day every day
The reason it's 5 or 6 is because sometimes Im in a crunch and will combine 2 meals or I will skip a meal in order to have a dessert later that day. I know that's not optimal for bodybuilding but when your boxing and grappling on top of weight training there is a decent amount you can get away with on cheat meals untill it's crunch time.

Typical day will be

Meal 1 - 4 whole eggs, 1 serving deli ham, 1 slice cheddar cheese, possibly some veggies and a little ketchup on the eggs. Il wash that down with coffee

Then I head off to work with a Gallon of water mixed with electrolytes and EAA'S

Meal 2 - 4 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast made into chicken salad with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, 1 oat and flax pita bread

Meal 3- the same as meal 2

Meal 4- one serving of oats mixed with a protein shake to make an overnight oats bowl type thing and 1 banana. It's about 50gm protein and 600 calories

Hit the gym

Meal 5 is typically something like thisView attachment 218324
Sometimes il pick different vegetables and swap out the rice or sweet potatoes or a burger bun if we do burgers for dinner.

I'm always on my meal plan but dinner I leave up to the family and I portion mine accordingly

On days I do a second workout here, that will be followed by meal 6 which is usually a junk meal. Il hit my protein goal but il use the remainder of my calories for something like Pop-Tarts or a pastry.

Again, I know what your thinking but I can get away with this till I'm single digit bodyfat as long as I'm doing the boxing and weight training.

This picture below was while having those junk cheat meals 3x week View attachment 218325
Then when it's time to really get shredded I have to cut it back to 1x week or less
i have an odd question for you lol :p is your broccolli fresh or frozen?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Fresh, I don't like using the frozen ones cuz they get soggy lol. I like the vegetables to have a crunch most of the time
i like to put it on a pan and
drizzle olive oil all over it and put jarred minced garlic and parmesian cheese on it and bake it about 15 min......so good

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used the oral version once for a cut and the the transdermal version once stacked with td 4-andro for a lean gainer. It is very much like epiandrosterone but seems to help hold and make strength gains better. I felt pretty good on it also. I like epi but the R-andro is better.
Agree with this

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

We had lentil pasta w italian (chicken) sausage just last night. I prefer the flavor over regular pasta noodles for sure.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got all the info for the new job, start Tuesday at 7am and it's a 1hr 45min ride each way. So I gotta start getting up at 4am and leave my house by 5 am and then I was told there's usually traffic on the way home and the ride home takes an extra 20 to 30 minutes most days. So I'm basically going to be gone from 5:00 in the morning till 5:30 at night when they do 8 hour days and gone till 7:30 at night when they do 10 hour days.

So by the time I get home I basically need to eat and go to sleep because I have to get up and go back to work again the next day.

I'm so glad I signed up for this lol.

First line of business, cleaning all the tools and everything out of my truck tomorrow. Going to Walmart to get 2 air tight extra large storage bins. One for clean clothes and gym clothes and the other for my boxing equipment and weight lifting gear.

Then off to dicks sporting goods to get a big rolling cooler and a ton of refreezable ice packs.

Meal 1 on the drive in will probably be a shake

Meal 2 and 3 will eat at work

Meal 4 on the ride home

Meal 5 before bed

We gonna make this work

You may have to resort back to doing a couple of shakes here and there or packing fruit and protein bars or something.

One way or another il figure it out. The job is very labor intensive so cutting just got easier.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I originally missed this since it wasn’t in the supplement section.

I may have missed it, did you say you’re a painter? I’m guessing union with the BA talk.