Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you @brundel & Black Lion Research for the opportunity to run this log.

I will be running Black Lion Research's Han Swolo as per label directions for 30 days, (1) Capsules daily. I will experiment a bit with taking them fasted or with meals.

A little info on me I am 62 years old 5'5" tall and currently weigh 180lbs my goal is to get down to 175lbs and be leaner with increased muscle. A little bit of personal history, I started training 35 years ago, I lost 85lbs after changing my life style and adopting healthy workouts and eating habits which I have maintained since than.

I will be training 6 days a week with (4) days of lifting and 2-3 cardio sessions per week. I train fasted in the am (4:15 -5:30am) in my home gym.

View attachment 198098

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok I am going to ask a few of my closes friends to join us.
hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso HIT4ME thebigt Dirty Dan Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth DemntedCowboy lukehayd thebigt Oconns28 jalfrey bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec christ83189 GrizzleB BOSSMAN chedapalooza christ83189
This is an old list, I have not done a log in a long time ............">love2liftkat[/US

This is an old list, I have not done a log in a long time ............

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@brundel I lift 4 days a week with cardio 2 days a week and 1 rest day, should Han Swolo be taken everyday or just on lifting days, does it have a communitive effect ?

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to have you!
I think you may have to use the @ in front of your invited names otherwise we don't get a notification. I didnt get a notification but seen your log on the homepage

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Excited for this!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m in! Always love a Rocket log!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm IN :) looking forward to see how this treats you and I personally think it should be
dosed only on training days BUT I could be wrong so let's see what the reps say.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm IN :) looking forward to see how this treats you and I personally think it should be
dosed only on training days BUT I could be wrong so let's see what the reps say.
I would think the same thing but it may need to be "keep in the system" ??

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would think the same thing but it may need to be "keep in the system" ??
I've never thought of a pump product in terms of having to be "loaded" per-se. Seems like a rest day should be a rest day. Give your body a break from non-essential supps, even from a non-stim.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@brundel I lift 4 days a week with cardio 2 days a week and 1 rest day, should Han Swolo be taken everyday or just on lifting days, does it have a communitive effect ?
You can take it on just lifting days if you’d like but it has many other benefits! Definitely recommend taking every day if you have high bp.

Here’s the info copied from the FAQ

HAN SWOLO
QUICK REFERENCE

Vasodilation
Anti inflammatory
Prevents oxidative stress
Prevents muscle atrophy
Reduces blood glucose
Reduces bodyfat
Increases insulin sensitivity
Increases energy output

LIGUSTRAZINE PHOSPHATE
Ligustrazine is a natural compound isolated from Chinese herbal medicine Ligusticum wallichii (Chuan Xiong), which has been extensively used for medicinal purpose for more than 2000 years. Ligustrazine was firstly isolated in 1957 and has been increasingly studied for its action on myocardial and cerebral infarction since 1970s. In the past decades, researchers explored other pharmacological capabilities of Ligustrazine in various diseases, such as coronary heart disease, diabetes, cancers, and liver injury. Accordingly, laboratory study verified the regulation ability of this agent in multiple molecular targets, such as anti-inflammation, antioxidant, antiplatelet, and antiapoptosis. The pharmacology of Ligustrazine has been well reviewed.

The cardiovascular pharmacological effects of Ligustrazine aroused widespread interest among researchers in recent years. There are considerable documents supporting the view that this monomer can be a promising botanical remedy for cardiovascular diseases. The possible mechanism of its action might include modulating ion channels, stimulating the release of NO production, inhibiting vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration, scavenging ROS, regulating inflammation and apoptosis, and preventing platelet aggregation.

Bioavailability
Ligustrazine has a bioavailability of around 10% and experiences rapid clearance giving it a very short half life. This makes is unsuitable for supplemental usage without modification. The phosphate addition increases bioavailability to around 87% vs 10% and the inhibitor quercetin co crystals prevents its rapid metabolism increasing half life many times over.
Combined this makes our Ligustrazine phosphate the strongest version available and makes this stuff one hell of a vasodilator and performance enhancer.

Ligustrazine phosphate is a fantastic nitric oxide booster but works in multiple ways to open blood vessels. Testing indicates it is effective even in the presence of stimulants. It is also slightly anabolic and prevents muscle atrophy. Ligustrazine reduces oxidative stress and reduces inflammation making it a fantastic addition.

OSTHOLE CYCLODEXTRIN COMPLEX
Osthole is a coumarin commonly found in Cnidium monnieri. Cnidium has been used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine for anti-viral properties, skin rashes and breakouts, as pro-erectile agents, anti-osteoporotic as well as anti-diabetic and sometimes anti-inflammatory. Studies indicate that if bioavailability is enhanced osthole can be an exceptional vasodilator and will work in spite of CNS stimulant useage.

Osthole has been around in the supplement industry for as long as I can remember, and, considering how great it looks on paper I was always curious why its effects were so dismal.

Bioavailability.
Osthole has a somewhat low oral bioavilability along with a very low water solubility and experiences rapid first pass metabolism. A limited percentage is absorbed and of this limited percentage 40% is gone at 5 min and at least 80% of that osthole is metabolized within 20 min. As such we have taken steps to ensure the our osthole actually works. We have employed an osthole cyclodextrin complex with the addition of a strong metabolic inhibitor (quercetin niacin co crystals). Our bioavailable Quercetin has a strong inhibitory effect against CYP2D6 and a moderate effect against CYP2C19 and CYP3A4 helping to prevent the rapid metabolism plaguing normal osthole. As a result we see massively increased bioavailability, water solublity and major inhibition of first pass metabolism. Black lion Research Osthole has fantastic bioavilability with a long half life.
Bioavailability was the limiting factor for osthole and the reason it has such lackluster effects. BLR Osthole cyclodextrin is some awe inspiring stuff.
Lets explore how it works and what else aside from vasodilation it does.

Vasodilation
Osthole has the capability to dilate blood vessels and arteries in the presence of CNS stimulants.
It is concluded that osthole relaxes rat thoracic aorta by virtue of its Ca(2+)-channel blocking properties and by elevating cGMP levels in vascular smooth muscle. Osthole has also been shown to work well in the presence of stimulants so if you do choose to add some stims to your pre workout mix you will still get great vasodilation and pump.

Additional benefits
-AMPK
-GLUT4
-Insulin sensitivity
-Helps reduce fat
-Helps increase energy output

AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is an energy sensor that regulates cellular metabolism. Activation of AMPK in skeletal muscles, the liver, and adipose tissues results in a favorable metabolic milieu for decreased levels of circulating glucose, plasma lipids, and ectopic fat accumulation and enhanced insulin sensitivity. Osthole increases AMPK and increases GLUT4 expression which helps keep glucose down, insulin sensitivity up and fat loss at a maximum level.

Osthole is a also dual PPAR agonist and improves glucose and lipid metabolism via modulation of PPARα/γ-mediated target gene expression in liver, adipose tissue, and skeletal muscle. During a 9 week treatment with osthole emulsion, Lipid levels in serum and liver were decreased by 37.9–67.2% and 31.4–38.5% for triglyceride, 33.1–47.5% and 28.5–31.2% for free fatty acid, respectively, the fasting blood glucose, fasting serum insulin, and homeostasis modelassessment of IR were also decreased by 17.2–22.7%, 25.9–26.7%, and 37.5–42.8%, respectively.
Osthole has been shown to improve glucose and lipid metabolism and exert a significant effect on fat loss.

Testosterone
Osthole has once been implicated in increasing testosterone, as well as luteinizing hormone and FSH.

Quercetin Niacin co crystals
Everyone knows about quercetin and niacin but quercetin has very poor oral bioavailability ~1% and niacin causes severe flushing at decent doses. Bonding the molecules together increases the absorption of Quercetin many times over ~40-70%, and prevents the Niacin flush. Quercetin is an exceptional vasodilator as is Niacin and quercetin has been studied for everything from endurance and an increase in VO2 Max, fat loss, its strong antioxidant effect, and its antiviral power, however, for our purpose we added it for more than just vasodilation.
Both Ligustrazine and Osthole have exceptionally rapid first pass metabolism giving them very short half lives. Quercetin has been shown to inhibit the metabolism of both giving them decent half lives and all the horsepower we need for powehouse training.

REFS:

[/QUOTE

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Solid !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can take it on just lifting days if you’d like but it has many other benefits! Definitely recommend taking every day if you have high bp.

Here’s the info copied from the FAQ
Everyday it is!! (my blood pressure is highish)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely in on this!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyday it is!! (my blood pressure is highish)
Then I say take it every day and ...if you can, take your BP some before and an hour after periodically throughout the run.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the info @love2liftkat

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a little but hurt that I wasn't on your friends list! LOL
I'm impressed with Han Swolo. for one pill it's pretty amazing.
Looking forward to see how this works for you and your workout routine.
Since Im currently on a full body workout I usually get very little pump. with this stuff it is improved but not really getting to test it on multiple sets to the same muscle.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm a little but hurt that I wasn't on your friends list! LOL
I'm impressed with Han Swolo. for one pill it's pretty amazing.
Looking forward to see how this works for you and your workout routine.
Since Im currently on a full body workout I usually get very little pump. with this stuff it is improved but not really getting to test it on multiple sets to the same muscle.
So sorry ! I sad it was an old list !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Han Swolo Log
Day 1
Body Weight 179lbs

3:15am Out of bed, get on AM Forum, Check Emails
3:45am Drink Stim Pre-Work Out - 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalyan Salt - (1) Cap Han Swolo
4:05am Down The Step To The Gym

Body Weight Pull Ups - 3 set 8,10,12 - Superset with
Cable Curls 20X20 - 30X20 - 40X16 - 50X15 - 60X12

Machine Pullovers 100X20 - 110X20 - 120X16 - 130X12 - 140X10 Superset with
Concentration Curls 15X15 - 20X15 - 25X12 - 30X8 - 35X5

Machine Rows 100X18 - 115X15

Hyperextension - Lower Back
Foam Roll Calves, Ham Strings & Back

I Drink 24ox of Water with EAA During Workout.

Breakfast, Shower off to Work.

Nutrition
My Maintenance Calories are about 2000 per Day

Today; Fat 38 G Carbs 93G Protein 181G Total Calories 1420

Pump was ok not great but better than usual, (I have a hard time getting a really good pump) muscle felt full for several hours after work out (Big Improvement)

I ate way to many calories this weekend, so today was a re-set.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not to derail your thread, but what benefits do you derive from the Pink Himalayan Salt?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Han Swolo Log
Day 1
Body Weight 179lbs

3:45am Drink Stim Pre-Work Out - 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalyan Salt - (1) Cap Han Swolo

Body Weight Pull Ups - 3 set 8,10,12 - Superset with
Cable Curls 20X20 - 30X20 - 40X16 - 50X15 - 60X12

Machine Pullovers 100X20 - 110X20 - 120X16 - 130X12 - 140X10 Superset with
Concentration Curls 15X15 - 20X15 - 25X12 - 30X8 - 35X5

Machine Rows 100X18 - 115X15

Hyperextension - Lower Back
Foam Roll Calves, Ham Strings & Back

Nutrition

Today; Fat 38 G Carbs 93G Protein 181G Total Calories 1420

Pump was ok not great but better than usual, (I have a hard time getting a really good pump) muscle felt full for several hours after work out (Big Improvement)

I ate way to many calories this weekend, so today was a re-set.
Do you feel it’s hard to get a pump just because of the workout?

Logs looking good though brother.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

ive noticed early morning training is the hardest to get a proper pump and just a good feeling in the muscle due to not being warmed up properly

could be a factor here @Rocket3015 . Maybe try a double up with clothing while earning up and the first couple of sets

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not to derail your thread, but what benefits do you derive from the Pink Himalayan Salt?
I just started using it a week ago, to help with my pump (I'm Not Sure It Helps?)

I find as I get older it is harder to get a good pump, I also train fasted most days and that surely doesn't help.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ive noticed early morning training is the hardest to get a proper pump and just a good feeling in the muscle due to not being warmed up properly

could be a factor here @Rocket3015 . Maybe try a double up with clothing while earning up and the first couple of sets
That's a good idea !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I find as I get older it is harder to get a good pump, I also train fasted most days and that surely doesn't help.
I've heard that from many others as well. Getting old sucks!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear you on getting older and pumps.
I got a much better pump w/ Han Swolo yesterday. currently on a full body workout so the pumps are not good to start with. This has been a nice add-on for me.
Had to give it a better test. I hit 5 sets of 8 w/ 205 on close grip bench w/ 15 sec rest between sets. Holly crap the tri's blew up.
I should have taken a pic.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low doses of Sodium. 1000mg or less helps with cellular hydration, muscle contraction and can acutely cause nitric oxide to rise.
higher doses of course cause arterial stiffness, reduction of NO and other negatives.
If you already have a super high sodium diet then skip it. But for guys like me who eat basically no salt it makes a big difference.

"
Sodium pulls water molecules into the cells, causing them to expand. It is also key for driving muscular contractions, and forcing water into the muscle cells when they are under tension. Time your sodium intake correctly, and you can use all this to your advantage.
a ¼ teaspoon of high quality Himalayan salt with your pre workout meal (2 - 3 hours before training) and an extra pinch in your water bottle to sip whilst you train.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just started using it a week ago, to help with my pump (I'm Not Sure It Helps?)

I think IGF levels have a lot to do with lack of pumps as we age.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Low doses of Sodium. 1000mg or less helps with cellular hydration, muscle contraction and can acutely cause nitric oxide to rise.
higher doses of course cause arterial stiffness, reduction of NO and other negatives.
If you already have a super high sodium diet then skip it. But for guys like me who eat basically no salt it makes a big difference.

"
Sodium pulls water molecules into the cells, causing them to expand. It is also key for driving muscular contractions, and forcing water into the muscle cells when they are under tension. Time your sodium intake correctly, and you can use all this to your advantage.
a ¼ teaspoon of high quality Himalayan salt with your pre workout meal (2 - 3 hours before training) and an extra pinch in your water bottle to sip whilst you train.
Thank you.

Some time ago I read the article in the following link that describes the hydration benefit of combining water, salt, sugar and vegetable glycerin. https://thepeopleschemist.com/blazing-fast-hyper-hydration/

Good to know about the increase in nitric oxide from sodium. We can all use an increase in NO.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Han Swolo Log
Day 2
Body Weight 178lbs

Machine Press 50X20 - 100X20 - 120X18 - 140X16 - 160x12 Superset with
Side Lateral Raises 10X12 - 10X15 - 15X15 - 20X12 - 20X15

Rear Lateral Raises 15X20 - 20X20 - 25X18 - 30X16 - 35X15 Superset with
Face Pulls 40X20 - 50X20 - 60X20 - 70X18 - 80X12

My favorite machine in the gym Life Fitness Ab Crunch 100 Reps !!

Pump in rear delt's was very good, much better than usual. Abs were super pumped, I should have snapped a pic (Wash Board) I think it will get better everyday !!

Nutrition

Today; Fat 46G Carbs 124G Protein 206G Total Calories 1738

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How in the world your rolling on 1700 cals as busy as you are?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why don't you utilize pre/intra workout carbs via a powder if you don't want to eat? It would only improve your performance, enhance your pump, and also provide your body in a better optimal environment for training.

Would be an easy alternative to maximize your training. Fasted won't be ideal for a pump product in the grand scheme of things even adding the sea salt. May as well set your body up for the best form of success instead of going on an empty tank IMO.

Add 25-50g of a Gatorade powder and sip pre-intra workout with your EAA in a 36-48oz blender bottle.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why don't you utilize pre/intra workout carbs via a powder if you don't want to eat? It would only improve your performance, enhance your pump, and also provide your body in a better optimal environment for training.

Would be an easy alternative to maximize your training. Fasted won't be ideal for a pump product in the grand scheme of things even adding the sea salt. May as well set your body up for the best form of success instead of going on an empty tank IMO.

Add 25-50g of a Gatorade powder and sip pre-intra workout with your EAA in a 36-48oz blender bottle.
I train fasted in the morning. Would 25g pure sugar in coffee suffice?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I train fasted in the morning. Would 25g pure sugar in coffee suffice?
I would opt for HBCD/Carb10, but if you can digest and absorb pure sugar then sure . Some people it bloats them like crazy. You have to listen to your body and adjust. I would rather sip on it peri-workout (pre through intra).

If you want a pump product to shine what do you need
Sodium
Water
Carbs

Leaving out one of the biggest aspects doesn't always elicit optimal results. Take what has been proven time and time again and utilize it IMO. But as you know everything is a personal preference.