MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't know how often Ill update. But, this is the tentative layout and I'm currently in week four now.
Welcome Back to the fray! I had a bit of a hiatus a while back myself. It happens, good to see you hitting it again.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday and Saturday
Dead 205x10x2r EMOM
Bench 160x4x6r
WGPU 5x7r
Back ext 3x15r
db curls (standard, hammer, pinwheel)

Had my first migraine... ever, Saturday. Which, actually scared the crap out of my at first (well, i guess it still does) because I had "kaleidoscope vision" for maybe a minute or two at most then it disappeared and after 30 minutes of it being gone came a horrendous migraine. My wife had the exact same vision and migraines maybe a year or so ago and saw the Dr. That's when she found out she had to lower her salt intake and her bw. I don't know if any of you have ever had vision disturbances or the vision i'm referring to but... it sucks.

I've lowered my sodium to 1.5-1.75 a day (that's track able- i cook all of my meals so i don't add salt.. at all) See what happens. Slowly tapering off caffeine as well, drinking my standard coffee in the morning and one more coffee throughout the day, no caffeine after noon. We'll see how my gym performance is while finishing out this last wave.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat
225x4x4r

OHP
90x4x4r

Rope pull through
60x3x8r
LPD face pull 60x3x12r

Evidently there is a thing called "Postdrome" after a migraine.. basic feeling of malaise and some small headaches? So, dealing with that lol I did however have a pretty decent training session without my Quake 10.0 for pre workout. There is a definite wall though as i progress through reps and weight. Also went to the chiropractor yesterday to have my neck adjusted and my upper thoracic, which he did say my upper back was "tight" but i feel like this dude says that just to reassure his adjustment lol

Tracking my morning and evening BP as well

12/3/19 @630am
-119/80
HR 84

Take care
God bless!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck on the low sodium. Has your BP been up? I don't know if I would just drop my electrolytes so low off of one thing and one persons experience. If it was your first migraine how will you know if the lower sodium helped or if you are needlessly limiting and important electrolyte? Only those who are actually sodium sensitive should limit sodium.

I have also had a vision issue from my neck being too tight up by the bottom of my skull and it gave me a gnarly headache and seeing white spots and what look like sperm swimming in the air. I got my upper neck popped at the chiro and had almost instant relief. My wifes vision gets a little wonky with her migraines too but not from sodium intake, she gets occular migraines and vertigo sometimes as well.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I know for a fact my sodium intake was severely increased leading up to Saturday (from thanksgiving and cheat day Friday) but, i don't think ill adhere to a strict low sodium diet. But, lower sodium helps arterial pressure but i believe its a give and take, if you're "healthy" then lowering sodium causes the body to release stress hormones (adrenalin and noradrenalin) and aldosterone/renin. Im lowering it for this week before i make better dietary changes lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, I know for a fact my sodium intake was severely increased leading up to Saturday (from thanksgiving and cheat day Friday) but, i don't think ill adhere to a strict low sodium diet. But, lower sodium helps arterial pressure but i believe its a give and take, if you're "healthy" then lowering sodium causes the body to release stress hormones (adrenalin and noradrenalin) and aldosterone/renin. Im lowering it for this week before i make better dietary changes lol
Yep also increasing sodium for those who don't have a problem with it only increases arterial pressure temporarily, then the body adjusts to the new intake levels via hormonal adjustments. Being somewhat consistent obviously being a factor there as well as having an appropriate potassium intake level.

Either way I hope you don't ever have to experience that again!