tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30789547/

Thoughts? I have the full text as well but...

I know personally that in flats, I CAN NOT get depth with a somewhat “upright” torso so my mechanics and loading are different and that’s not just a mental obstacle.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30789547/

Thoughts? I have the full text as well but...

I know personally that in flats, I CAN NOT get depth with a somewhat “upright” torso and that’s not just a mental obstacle.
My thoughts would be that if it didn’t help we wouldn’t see literally every single competitive weightlifter wear heeled shoes (other than the Japanese guy who did a comp in Nike Metcons recently).

That’s just my knee jerk reaction and after coaching tons of people with and without them....

I’d have to read the study to be sure though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is patently false. If you put someone on an incline, there is a change in distribution of sheer loading. I get all kinds of ****ed up trying to press in a pair of lifters - it throws my balance off and changes what my knees do during the dip. They definitely impact movement and balance/positioning, love em or hate em.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, the test group was rather small as well.. 14 people.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
"It is claimed that weightlifting shoes with a raised heel may lead to a more upright trunk posture, and thus reduce the risk of back injuries during a barbell back squat."

"Results indicated that none of the heel-raised foot postures significantly affected trunk and lower extremity muscle activation"

"Heel-raised weightlifting shoes are unlikely to provide significant protection against back injuries for recreational weight lifters during the barbell back squat."

Just a fancy way of saying, it's all personal preference really. :shrug:

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My 10 cent squat feels mo betta in a 100 dollar shoe.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah growing up my brothers and I would put cheese on tortillas and microwave them for 15 seconds. Called them “cheese folds” lol would smash a whole bag of tortillas in 10min
haha we did the same! cheese rolls!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My 10 cent squat feels mo betta in a 100 dollar shoe.
Haha some folks really think that way. Hard to blame them, with all the bright colors and options marketed to people. Shoes are cool. But the truth will always be the best choice is just what let’s you lift the most safely.

Been squatting in socks only since the bicep tear as I couldn’t lace up my chucks for a month. I think I like it more than any shoe I’ve ever tried tbh, being on a rubberized floor where traction isn’t an issue like on wood.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haha some folks really think that way. Hard to blame them, with all the bright colors and options marketed to people. Shoes are cool. But the truth will always be the best choice is just what let’s you lift the most safely.

Been squatting in socks only since the bicep tear as I couldn’t lace up my chucks for a month. I think I like it more than any shoe I’ve ever tried tbh, being on a rubberized floor where traction isn’t an issue like on wood.
People just love shiny things and the thought that a shoe (or pill/etc) will fix their problems haha

I haven’t lifted in my heeled shoes in awhile though. I had some Romaleo 3s and the overall quality was pretty weak (they tore so fast) and got them replaced but just didn’t care.

It can kind of be mentally freeing to know you don’t need something too (whether that’s shoes sleeves straps etc.) not saying they don’t have a place but it’s nice to not always rely on something.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D2

Pelvic adjustment
Brisk walk @3.5mph w/5% grade for 10min

Face pull 4 sets of 10-30 (descending reps)

Feet up bench
195x3x4r
195x9 + set

Kb front rack carries
-did a poop ton and distance is stupid far

CG Row from the floor (landmine attachment)
115x3x4
115x10 + set

Stir the pot
-poop ton

45 degree back ext
4 sets of 12

Everything is starting to click, although I need to get back to incorporating back extensions every day, my lumbar seems “out of sync” if you will.. with everything else. When I was consistently doing them as part of my warm up it felt strong and on the same page as the rest of my body.

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D3

Pelvic adjustment
Brisk walk w/5% grade @3.5mph
Back ext 2x15
Rolling planks RCL 30sec holds x2
Bear crawls and bear crawl variations

Front squats
185x3x4r
185x7 + set

Trap bar deadlift
285x3x4r
285x9 + set

Was pressed for time to I didn’t do my ab work but it’s fine because I can squeeze it in tomorrow. I did however add 10lb to my front squat and 5lb again to my trap bar and I must say, *Ice cube voice* today was a good day. Also, I added my lifts to my IG story so if we’re friends you can see em there.

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D4

Brisk walk w/5% grade @3mph

Lying rear db external rotations x3x14
Rear delt swings x1x30
Face pulls x2x25

Incline bench
175x3x4r
175x9 + set
*added 10lb from previous week

Wide grip pull ups (dead hang)
Bw for 3x5
Bw for 13
*added a rep from last week :(

Db curl x3x10
Lying bb skull crushers x4x8
Back ext 2x15
hairygrandpa you are a beast, sir. I could only knock out 13 dead hangs today. However, goal is to get to 20 before this block ends... I’ve got two weeks. Had a pretty good upper body pump because of the silly amount of sodium and carbohydrates I had last night!

Be easy
God bless!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
W3D4

Brisk walk w/5% grade @3mph

Lying rear db external rotations x3x14
Rear delt swings x1x30
Face pulls x2x25

Incline bench
175x3x4r
175x9 + set
*added 10lb from previous week

Wide grip pull ups (dead hang)
Bw for 3x5
Bw for 13
*added a rep from last week :(

Db curl x3x10
Lying bb skull crushers x4x8
Back ext 2x15
hairygrandpa you are a beast, sir. I could only knock out 13 dead hangs today. However, goal is to get to 20 before this block ends... I’ve got two weeks. Had a pretty good upper body pump because of the silly amount of sodium and carbohydrates I had last night!

Be easy
God bless!
I still think I'm a "one time beast" only. That 20 doesn't count until I do it again. BTW, it was parallel grip, should be easier. 13 -14 is what I do normally -AND that is about 12-13 more than most guys my age do.
BUT , I did 4x T-bar rows with 7 plates (without chest support). Will tape my eyes shut before trying this again, in case they explode.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey, going from 12 to 13 pull-ups is significant - that’s like 8% increase in a week! To just add 1 rep to your top set a week adds up fast. Remember, being able to consistently overload is the key to progress! It takes time and dedication and grit

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s still a lot of pull-ups especially after a few sets before it anyways!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bleh, feeling general malaise. No appetite, kinda nauseous, belching like crazy, fatigue and some loose stool (not diarrhea). My daughter and wife had some sort of virus since last Saturday but doesn’t seem to really reflect what I’m feeling. They tested for flu and came back negative (even though the error rate for that is 30-50% percent! That’s insane lol I learned that at the Dr. office lol)

Only able to choke down

Cho 130g
Fat 32g
Protein 60g

Sucks big time, it pretty well all started this afternoon around 4pm.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bleh, feeling general malaise. No appetite, kinda nauseous, belching like crazy, fatigue and some loose stool (not diarrhea). My daughter and wife had some sort of virus since last Saturday but doesn’t seem to really reflect what I’m feeling. They tested for flu and came back negative (even though the error rate for that is 30-50% percent! That’s insane lol I learned that at the Dr. office lol)

Only able to choke down

Cho 130g
Fat 32g
Protein 60g

Sucks big time, it pretty well all started this afternoon around 4pm.
Ugh that sounds miserable... and nothing worse for healing than not getting food in. Maybe some wicked calorie dense shakes?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ugh that sounds miserable... and nothing worse for healing than not getting food in. Maybe some wicked calorie dense shakes?
Or, doing the opposite and fast. I'm now sold to that!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Or, doing the opposite and fast. I'm now sold to that!
This gets my vote, especially since you’re not actually bulking or anything. Just get some electrolytes and water in you to stay hydrated and eat when ready.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I can’t shake this headache then i won’t be training today. I realized I let my caffeine consumption creep up again!

1 scoop focus xt upon waking
-162mg
8oz coffee with bfast
-60-80mg
Pre workout (Quake)
-350mg

That is on days I lift

Rest days

Focus xt
Coffee

I’ve reduced my caffeine significantly starting yesterday lol

Sunday- zero caffeine
Today- 1/2 serving quake pre workout *if I lift* which is 175mg
No coffee, no soda.

Need to reduce my consumption, my sleep sucked big time Saturday night. I’m taking on not drinking soda anymore as well as coffee! Water and Gatorade lol

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Caffeine withdrawal sucks big time. Good luck with your goals

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If that’s “too much” daily caffeine/stim you don’t wanna see what I typically end around the end of my summer cuts

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could your headache be because of increased caffeine?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine withdrawal sucks big time. Good luck with your goals
Appreciate it
If that’s “too much” daily caffeine/stim you don’t wanna see what I typically end around the end of my summer cuts
Lol I was pretty consistent with 1g of caffeine a day a few months back.
Could your headache be because of increased caffeine?
Probably from the increase(Saturday) then to no caffeine since yesterday. The headache came on full blown last night at 5-6p. I typically have my focus xt and a cup of coffee before church and then various cups of coffee until noon to one o’clock. But didn’t have squat yesterday.

Who knows, I caved and took two generic excedrin (120mg caffeine) and the headache is gone. Tomorrow when the headache comes I’ll try one cap to curb it, then hopefully the headaches will be manageable after that. It honestly shouldn’t be a problem until Monday’s roll around since I’ll still be using 175mg on my lifting days.

Saturday’s- 175mg caffeine @8am pre lift
Sunday- zero
Monday- no caffeine until 4p

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So you think it’s withdrawal. 1gm of caffeine is a lot of caffeine man.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No sweat; you’ll bring things down to where they feel good. You can have withdrawals even at very low doses (as evidenced by folks who have one can of soda first thing even experiencing them on just 45mg daily), btw.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you think it’s withdrawal. 1gm of caffeine is a lot of caffeine man.
Yeah it’s from the lack of caffeine. 1g is a lot lol I’m aiming to keep at 175mg only on lifting days. If I didn’t buy 12 tubs of Quake I would switch to a non stim pre workout.
No sweat; you’ll bring things down to where they feel good. You can have withdrawals even at very low doses (as evidenced by folks who have one can of soda first thing even experiencing them on just 45mg daily), btw.
Oh yeah absolutely. I’m hoping that the small dose of caffeine from the single cap of excedrin can help manage the “withdrawals” until I get accustomed to the lower dose.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D1

Pelvic adjustment
10min brisk walk @3.5mph with a 3.5% grade
Standard Planks (not rolling)
Hip airplanes
Back ext
Static bear crawl holds

Bb hip thrust
225x3x4r
225x10 + set
*added three more reps this week over last week

Tempo squat 3-1-0-0
200x3x4r
200x10 ~ standard squats no tempo
*added -10lbs over last weeks weight

Db hammer curl 4x12
V bar tricep ext 4x8-10

Didn’t get to do my pallof presses... again. Pressed for time and Im dealing with a weird throbbing by my upper mid chest (Left) and center of left pec. I have noticed that both times I’ve had these chest type symptoms it’s been after incline pressing. Which I did relatively heavy incline Saturday and I started getting these pains Saturday night and has been on and off since Saturday night. Feels deep, maybe against the breast bone? I thought it was my heart... again because my bp machine has been picking up irregular heart beats.

Yesterday the throbbing/pain I had probably showed up 3-5 times? It’s come and gone today numerous times.. maybe 15-20.

Idk, it’s weird.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
W4D1

Pelvic adjustment
10min brisk walk @3.5mph with a 3.5% grade
Standard Planks (not rolling)
Hip airplanes
Back ext
Static bear crawl holds

Bb hip thrust
225x3x4r
225x10 + set
*added three more reps this week over last week

Tempo squat 3-1-0-0
200x3x4r
200x10 ~ standard squats no tempo

Db hammer curl 4x12
V bar tricep ext 4x8-10

Didn’t get to do my pallof presses... again. Pressed for time and Im dealing with a weird throbbing by my upper mid chest (Left) and center of left pec. I have noticed that both times I’ve had these chest type symptoms it’s been after incline pressing. Which I did relatively heavy incline Saturday and I started getting these pains Saturday night and has been on and off since Saturday night. Feels deep, maybe against the breast bone? I thought it was my heart... again because my bp machine has been picking up irregular heart beats.

Yesterday the throbbing/pain I had probably showed up 3-5 times? It’s come and gone today numerous times.. maybe 15-20.

Idk, it’s weird.
If it would be lower, like right in the middle -or slightly under left pec (left of solar plexus), I would say esophagus. Had something similar once, very hard to pinpoint, gives heart symptoms -or maybe pec muscle strain symptoms.
For the chest I would do light stretches on a bench with small DB's (open wide to both sides, very controlled and slow), while skipping chest for a week.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
so true how different it can be... My wife has a couple diet cokes/day and 1 day without them and shes in legit pain... meanwhile, I can go from 3x ECY stack + a pre workout and coffee's through the day and literally stop 100% cold turkey the next and only feel a bit sluggish for a few days.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so true how different it can be... My wife has a couple diet cokes/day and 1 day without them and shes in legit pain... meanwhile, I can go from 3x ECY stack + a pre workout and coffee's through the day and literally stop 100% cold turkey the next and only feel a bit sluggish for a few days.
Unrelated question: Does anyone get a bloated belly from diet coke -or those zero cal pouches with fruit taste? I do. Bloats me like real carbs.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Unrelated question: Does anyone get a bloated belly from diet coke -or those zero cal pouches with fruit taste? I do. Bloats me like real carbs.
Hell ya, artificial sweeteners bloat me like nobody’s business. Unfortunately, there are quite a few products I use on a daily basis that contain artificial sweeteners that I really enjoy.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell ya, artificial sweeteners bloat me like nobody’s business. Unfortunately, there are quite a few products I use on a daily basis that contain artificial sweeteners that I really enjoy.
Okay, good to know I'm not alone. I use them sparingly -but they really help overcome a bout of sudden carb cravings.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If somebody is really serious about losing weight, I have seen numerous experts say that one of the most important things is to cut out all artificial sweeteners. Just drink plenty of plain water, coffee, tea etc.

One day, I might follow such advise. It would be VERY difficult for me though...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, good to know I'm not alone. I use them sparingly -but they really help overcome a bout of sudden carb cravings.
Do you drink diet soda often? Maybe it’s the carbonation? I haven’t ever bloated from diet soda (not saying you aren’t)
If somebody is really serious about losing weight, I have seen numerous experts say that one of the most important things is to cut out all artificial sweeteners. Just drink plenty of plain water, coffee, tea etc.

One day, I might follow such advise. It would be VERY difficult for me though...
All through my bbing prep I drank diet soda and ate bryers low carb ice cream . I kept every artificial sweetener in lol was using multiple packs of Sucralose in my coffee alone.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you drink diet soda often? Maybe it’s the carbonation? I haven’t ever bloated from diet soda (not saying you aren’t)
No, only once a week with vodka. Maybe the diet coke does not bloat as much.The instant pouches do it definitely. Used them twice and bloated me bad.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No doubt... If 8oz of coffee has 60-80mgs then I am WAY UP THERE!!!!

I drink between 32-64 oz of STRONG coffee every day. As in I use extra grounds as well. I simply fill up my YETI once or twice a day.

This is me right here. The days I don't drink coffee... no big deal at all other than less energy than when stimmed up from the coffee.

I am not knocking you in any way here. However, I can't even begin to imagine one credible expert that would say something so ridiculous. As soon as they said something ridiculous like that they lose credibility to anyone that has actual nutritional knowledge and back ground. Avoiding artificial sweeteners isn't even on the unimportant things for body composition list... Just simply has no effect.

1. Mostly calorie free - can't cause you to gain or retain weight...
2. By themselves they have no effect on insulin release as they do not effect blood sugar levels.
3. Has no effect on maintaining a deficit so long as the individual is tracking their nutrient intake.

I would avoid them for a few health reasons if anything but not for anything related to body composition.

Most of the stuff you see about this being a part of the problem are not from people like us who are counting their calories to ensure we are in a deficit. It is normal people who decide they want to do something to lose weight and decide to go with diet drinks or whatever, but do not count calories. They often end up eating more, or more often because their body is trying to replace the calories it used to get from the sugary drinks. They think they have more wiggle room than they do from cutting out the sugar and still overeat. Plus when carbs are also available while artificial sweeteners are in the system the body tends to create a slightly larger insulin release which can make a person hungry again soon and if said person is not counting calories then they may eat more than the deficit the sugar free substitute gave them, so those people might gain more while thinking they should have lost weight from cutting the calories.

However if it comes down to drinking 32oz of pepsi with your meal or 32oz of diet pepsi with your meal there is no question which one is going to get you closer to your dietary goals all other things being considered, and a larger insulin release is not going to overpower that massive difference in caloric intake.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Something Nathan Payton has his keto clients try that need a sweet fix is putting sucralose/monk fruit/stevia etc on a block of plain cream cheese.

Carb free cheesecake. Lots of calories, all fat, but you could pull the sour cream from your beef meal to make room for this after.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something Nathan Payton has his keto clients try that need a sweet fix is putting sucralose/monk fruit/stevia etc on a block of plain cream cheese.

Carb free cheesecake. Lots of calories, all fat, but you could pull the sour cream from your beef meal to make room for this after.
Good idea! Will work with the sour cream too. The calories...of that cream though...
I'm getting addicted to the sour cream. Mixed with some garlic its heaven -but wife refuses to sleep in the same bed afterwards.
Its not carb craving what hits me, its more like "fruity taste cravings". Can't explain it otherwise.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good idea! Will work with the sour cream too. The calories...of that cream though...
I'm getting addicted to the sour cream. Mixed with some garlic its heaven -but wife refuses to sleep in the same bed afterwards.
Its not carb craving what hits me, its more like "fruity taste cravings". Can't explain it otherwise.
Sweetened scrambled eggs fluffed with the sour cream could be pretty bomb

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
haha the creativity that comes with "i need sweets but cant have carbs"

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha the creativity that comes with "i need sweets but cant have carbs"
When fasting, I was so desperate on day 5 to have some taste other than coffee or tee. I heated a cup of water and added 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, creating sort of a "hot zero cal soup". Man, that was a bad idea. It burned all the taste receptors and my face got numb -but the cravings were gone.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This is brilliant. When I used CNS I made a typical cheesecake minus the crust. Ate the whole thing lol used full fat everything (yogurt, CC, whole egg)
When fasting, I was so desperate on day 5 to have some taste other than coffee or tee. I heated a cup of water and added 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, creating sort of a "hot zero cal soup". Man, that was a bad idea. It burned all the taste receptors and my face got numb -but the cravings were gone.
Sounds terrible but it’s hysterical as well lol i would’ve drank a bouillon cube lol (idk if that’s acceptable or not~ basically a salt cube)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D2

Pelvic adjustment
10min brisk walk @3-3.5% grade @3.6mph
Back ext + 25lb db 3x12-15
Face pull + Lying Db eternal flyes 3 sets of 15-20

Feet up bench
200x3x4r
200x9 + set
*added 5lb w/same rep total as last week

Land mine CG row
125x3x4r
125x8
*added 10lb from last weeks poundage

Of course I did the same kb front rack carries and suitcase carries in between each bench warm up and working set. Will plank and do my dead bugs tonight after church.

Be easy
God bless!

martin65

martin65

Awards
Late to the party but damn bro you're killing it. Stay strong. Subbed!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tyga.. where are you man? Hope everything is okay with you

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is gone for over a month now. Maybe he is ashamed because of his girly landmine rows.
;)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat
195x4x6r

Strict OHP
80x4x6

Rope pull thru
40x3x10
Rope tri ext
40x3x20
Face pull
45x3x15

3 week waves
60,70,80 (4x8 , 4x6, 4x3)
65,75,85 (4x6, 4x4, 4x2) last week of 85% has plus sets or work to a new max.
deload if i feel like it and repeat
*deads are EMOM whatever the total reps are the goal is to finish in half the time (20 reps = 10 min, 15 = 7.5min - just to increase intensity since the load is relatively low *Submax bois standup* - minus week 1 and 4 luls

I wont test for 1rm, Ill add 10-15lb to my current 1rm if I progression is consistent from wave to wave. I peaked sometime back with a 355sq 405d and 255 b. All to familiar with pushing past deloads I re aggravated my lumbar, then life got a hold of me (funny what kids do :) wouldn't trade the time for anything though). So, I'm trying to just rebuild.

sq 2x
bench 2x
dead 2x
ohp 2x

Current body weight is 151

Supplements
5g creatine mono
100mcg mk7
500mg curcuminoids daily
200mg coq10
500mg w/10% withanolides (50mg total)
4.5g beetroot powder

You guys can see my supplement stack has shifted from gains to overall general health (heart, arterial elasticity and brain health) Looking at longevity for my daughters sake lol

Warm ups for lifting haven't really changed
Stir the pots
Clam shell + oblique plank
bird dogs
QL/butt walks

My cardio is EMOM sets for dead lifts and the occasional brisk walk before lifting.

I don't know how often Ill update. But, this is the tentative layout and I'm currently in week four now.