Re-starting T3, Adrenals and HPTA!! Massive log W. REAL Sarms!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
decent workout man! Keep up the hard work!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 12 - Shoulders and tri

Wow my bicep tendon and elbow on the left are killing...

Shoulder press - 175 5x5 - Felt fine but my right shoulder hurt

Close grip bench - 175 5x5 - Left arm killing

Did some work (5 sets) for my good arm on the right

I am in so much pain everytime I lift. Shoulder, tri, bi and even finger...

Felt pretty good today... Still looking for a job and dealing with all these injuries. It could be a coincidence but since i switch from bulk super cissus to primaforce things have hurt more but then again i babied it more then too so probably isnt related

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why did you stop the cissus if it was working?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 13 and 14

Finally have my pct stuff on the way. Have really tapered down and things are going ok. I workout in a HELL hole of a high school wieght room. I tend to workout veeeeery slow because something about the place drains my motivation. Poor equiptment, hard to get across, no serious lifters, very little equiptment and they police you to make sure you put clamps on everything and have a spot even when you clearly don't need it...

DAY 13 OFF...

It's hard to have a good day when you dont have anything to do and no job. I am very stressed and really just slept on and off all day - could not keep my eyes open.

Day 14 - Chest and Back (light)

Incline DB - 85's x 17 / x 13 / x10
**This was a huge increase from last week. The 85's are too light now WOW! This hell hole gym only goes right up to 100's and I really want to keep this day light

Fly aways (basically superset of 3 different fly moves)
45's x 10 (superset to 90 degree) x 6 (superset to press up, fly down) x 5
**Two sets like that...

Bent over rows (hands facing away)
First set - 175 x 11
Secong set - 175 x 6 (didnt feel so great)
**Arm did not hurt at all WOW - just started serrapeptase, we'll see if it keeps up

Pull ups
1st - bw x 12
2nd - bw x 6

Bent over shrug thing
1st - 85's x 15
2nd - 85's x 8

Chest was STRONG and had endurance but back was off. The 85's on incline went up you 4 extra reps.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just want to add a quick WOW...

Feeling very vasular and full.

I think my diet is just so perfect that it is overcoming all the issues I have.

Also I have been using the cordygen 5 at 4 caps pre-wo, did a dose of caborgoline and did 3g's of creatine mono before each of my last 2 workouts but none of that alone accounts for this.

If I had a job and could go to a real gym I am sure results would be coming fast... Maybe there is something legit behind all these adaptogens and cordys.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Good to have u feeling good again. Cordy is the real deal... and it's an adaptogen as well.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
werd up. Cordy is the sheeet! Lookn good JR!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 15 Shoulders and Tri

HOLY ****!! I have quoted myself below to show the changes! I did cheat and have an energy drink but wow

DB Shoulder press - 80 x 11 / 80 x 10 / 80 x 8 (drop) 60 x 6

DB Raise - 40 x 15 / 40 x 15 (drop) 30 x 8

Close grip bench - 205 x 10 / 205 x 7
**WAY up... I got up with a gaping open mouth like wtf

Reverse one arm cables (plate loaded) - 25 x 14 (no rest) x 8 (no rest) x 6 (drop) 20 x 6
**confusing but just switched arm to arm without rest (inspired by force ha) and honestly I lost count if I even did more switches. Its funny going at it like that in such a small gym

I honestly look bigger than when I was on heavy stuff, people are asking me whatt I am no now ha

Days 8

Just Shoulders:

DB Shoulder press - 75 x 11 / 75 x 10 / 65 x 10 (drop) 50 x 5

DB Raise - 35 x 15 / 35 x 15 (drop) 25 x 10

Took 4 Cordygen5 again and it DEFINETLY helps with set to set endurance. I've never had my reps only drop like 1 rep from first to second set...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 Shoulders and Tri

HOLY ****!! I have quoted myself below to show the changes! I did cheat and have an energy drink but wow

DB Shoulder press - 80 x 11 / 80 x 10 / 80 x 8 (drop) 60 x 6

DB Raise - 40 x 15 / 40 x 15 (drop) 30 x 8

Close grip bench - 205 x 10 / 205 x 7

Reverse one arm cables (plate loaded) - 25 x 14 (no rest) x 8 (no rest) x 6 (drop) 20 x 6
**confusing but just switched arm to arm without rest (inspired by force ha)

I honestly look bigger than when I was on heavy stuff, people are asking me whatt I am no now ha
Nice man. Nice! Excellent workout and workout tactics.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Forgot...

Was able to do SOME bi's for both sides...

35 x 11 (together then switched to one side at a time back and forth) x 9 each... total 20 each side

36 x 9 - 6 (same set up)

Arm is doing ok... Shoulders hurt

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookn good JR! Looks like your healin up and gettn stronger again!!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 15-16 OFF

15 and 16 were the weekend... My piece of **** gym is closed on the weekend.

Really didn't eat strict enough or sleep enough. Had like 3 cheat meals over 2 days. Didnt sleep at all on Saturday and didn't eat all night. Either getting fat or was bloated from this weekend. I am almost 2 weeks free of t3 so the hardest part is almost passed for that (research suggests most recovery from t3 is done within 2 weeks).

As far as adrenals go... I am definetly not going stone cold enough. Whenever I go out I use stims so I had a night with 2 VPX meltdown and an energy drink..

Day 17 - Back and Chest Heavy

The amazement at my strength continues ha!

Maybe my form isnt what it was with the light weights but it still very good and controled. I feel pretty laid back and not into working out but once I start the weight just moves. My so called gym is a big problem but I did ok...

Flat bench - 270 5x5
**Added 5 pounds again! - 5th set was as easy as the second because I was running on pure determination. I still think next week I will fail cause it was hard. Will try 275 next week which was my all time 5x5 high when on a heavy bulk cycle.

Pull ups - BW + 15 - 5x5
** Amazed at this because my bloat/fat added about 3 pounds over the weekend so really I was up 7-8 pounds with the added weight and going up 5. I am bad at these usually but I dont think +15 is too shabby

Definetly liking the strength. I give cordy the credit but whatever it is it helps keep my head up.

Shoulders are definetly tight and hae a hard time stretching out into my movements. Iknow that what causes all my injuries. I had a Dr tell me once I was almost as tight as anyone he ever came across which sucks. Another note: I do feel that some of the fog has cleared so I might be getting some energy bacl or it could be the lexpro which I started again at half my normal dose.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Day 15-16 OFF

15 and 16 were the weekend... My piece of **** gym is closed on the weekend.

Really didn't eat strict enough or sleep enough. Had like 3 cheat meals over 2 days. Didnt sleep at all on Saturday and didn't eat all night. Either getting fat or was bloated from this weekend. I am almost 2 weeks free of t3 so the hardest part is almost passed for that (research suggests most recovery from t3 is done within 2 weeks).

As far as adrenals go... I am definetly not going stone cold enough. Whenever I go out I use stims so I had a night with 2 VPX meltdown and an energy drink..

Day 17 - Back and Chest Heavy

The amazement at my strength continues ha!

Maybe my form isnt what it was with the light weights but it still very good and controled. I feel pretty laid back and not into working out but once I start the weight just moves. My so called gym is a big problem but I did ok...

Flat bench - 270 5x5
**Added 5 pounds again! - 5th set was as easy as the second because I was running on pure determination. I still think next week I will fail cause it was hard. Will try 275 next week which was my all time 5x5 high when on a heavy bulk cycle.

Pull ups - BW + 15 - 5x5
** Amazed at this because my bloat/fat added about 3 pounds over the weekend so really I was up 7-8 pounds with the added weight and going up 5. I am bad at these usually but I dont think +15 is too shabby

Definetly liking the strength. I give cordy the credit but whatever it is it helps keep my head up.

Shoulders are definetly tight and hae a hard time stretching out into my movements. Iknow that what causes all my injuries. I had a Dr tell me once I was almost as tight as anyone he ever came across which sucks. Another note: I do feel that some of the fog has cleared so I might be getting some energy bacl or it could be the lexpro which I started again at half my normal dose.
In time, everything will become clear.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn 270! :clap2:

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
i thought u would love pull ups u have great lats bro !

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
i thought u would love pull ups u have great lats bro !
I have worked out with JR and the pull-ups he does are so slow and controlled i grow facial hair before he finishes. If he cheated on them at all he would easily be pulling up with 90lbs hanging.

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
I have worked out with JR and the pull-ups he does are so slow and controlled i grow facial hair before he finishes. If he cheated on them at all he would easily be pulling up with 90lbs hanging.
hahaha i figured he did sum crazyy sheeitttttt lol

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly I just do them normal. I definetly dont kick my legs though because I have never even been able to figure out how that works. Right now I do them a bit slow to account for my arm hurting.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 18 - shoulder tri's heavy

Front Barbell press - 180 - 5x5
**Up 5 - I should be able to match my high of 185 5x5 next week

Close grip bench - 185 - 5x5
** Just started doing close grip again so I am happy with the weights I am pushing

I do keep everything slow and controlled like Sureshot said. I just feel stronger that way. Overall though i don't feel anything in my muscles when I push heavy weight but i get stronger and get slightly sore which the light weights I get a burn from never cause.

Sorry if this is more of a workout log than a sup log.

I really think the Cordy is helping and I think my joint recovery stack is working very well. I am finally making myself get some sleep. I have been using lunesta but even without it I get sleepy but I still take it cause I really hate the way I was without it (eventhough I might not need it now)

On the job front I may have an interview soon with Citi Bank in New York City. I am trying to use the ecconomic downturn to sneak my way into a position that normally would require more expereince. My theory is that Citi banks in NYC make money and wont close. If I get in then I should be good to go.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Damn son 180 on bb press is no joke. I just ordered some cordy for use later on this year. Your numbers are impressive for not being on heavy sh*t. If you are OHP'ing that much im sure your cg bench is going to shoot up rather quickly.

i cant wait to see what cordygen does for me endurance-wise while lifting.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn son 180 on bb press is no joke. I just ordered some cordy for use later on this year. Your numbers are impressive for not being on heavy sh*t. If you are OHP'ing that much im sure your cg bench is going to shoot up rather quickly.

i cant wait to see what cordygen does for me endurance-wise while lifting.
OHP?

You lost me on that one

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I kinda got that later but wasn;t going to guess ha... guess thats it

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Days 19 and 20

Dealing with my latest injury...

Pec tendons on both side going into the shoulder hurt in the shoulder area... What the hell is wrong with my body???

I might skip the rest of the week OR go tomorrow and do a light workout to carb deplete for a cheat Friday night.

Man this sucks. It's always something new!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Keep your head up homie. Injuries do indeed suck, but it'll get better soon...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WOW, dude I just got caught up on this log, never seen anything like it. First of all, feel for ya man. Not sympathy (who needs that sh!t), just your whole situation - I feel ya.

Second, there's nothing wrong with your workouts (and you don't need an online trainer, save your $). Your exercise choices look fine. The only thing I might recommend is going away from the whole slow & controlled thing. Try quick & forceful concentric movements (if your body will allow), i.e. like a lot of pros do, and keep the eccentric (negative) only slow & controlled. Maybe this will help with you feeling the contraction..

As for your supp regime, I can only say, once again, WOW. You're into some territory that's waaay beyond my depth and experience. I genuinely wish you the best. It's nice to see the change in "tone" your log took on page #4, and I hope things continue upward for you.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
WOW, dude I just got caught up on this log, never seen anything like it. First of all, feel for ya man. Not sympathy (who needs that sh!t), just your whole situation - I feel ya.

Second, there's nothing wrong with your workouts (and you don't need an online trainer, save your $). Your exercise choices look fine. The only thing I might recommend is going away from the whole slow & controlled thing. Try quick & forceful concentric movements (if your body will allow), i.e. like a lot of pros do, and keep the eccentric (negative) only slow & controlled. Maybe this will help with you feeling the contraction..

As for your supp regime, I can only say, once again, WOW. You're into some territory that's waaay beyond my depth and experience. I genuinely wish you the best. It's nice to see the change in "tone" your log took on page #4, and I hope things continue upward for you.
Agreed.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Holt Sh*T this shoulder hurts!!

I have been trying to stretch ir to make it better but i made one wrong move, I rotated my arm in towrds my body while it was down by my side. Simply rotating my wrist in aggrevated the right side so bad. What tendon causes that? It hurts on both sides but that one motion made the right side SO much worse.

It looks like my amazing strength gains will have to stop and its back to lighter high rep contraction work.

This sucks! Only getting stronger makes me grow at all but because of injuries I NEVER EVER beat my old PR's. People hitting PR's drive me nuts because everytime i train back towards one of mine I get hurt and on many of then I cant even picture ever matching them which means I'll never grow!

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
It happens to all of us man, its sucks ... Hope you get better soon

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This suck! Taking 4 days off!!!

Life just isn't fair but oh well...

i bet its cause i am using wider grips and started doing heavy close grip bench along with that...

F-Me!! :aargh::aargh::aargh:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When you come back, embrace the lighter-weight theme (ala Kris Dim), shoot for that 25-30 rep range; again, short quick & powerful concentrics, controlling the negative motion. You can still get some beneficial training in man!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When you come back, embrace the lighter-weight theme (ala Kris Dim), shoot for that 25-30 rep range; again, short quick & powerful concentrics, controlling the negative motion. You can still get some beneficial training in man!
WOW! To hit that range I would need to use like 135 pounds on bench... By lighter I meant 12-15 never considered that high of a dose because to even get to 15 I will need to go pretty light.

I'm pissed cause I only grow when I get stronger but i never get stronger cause I always get hurt so I've never gotten bigger.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sooo.. let's try something different for a minute man.

Nothing to lose, right? The current way shows only ultimate negative progression. I'm not talking about this philosophy for life, just for now.

Soccerfocus05

Awards
interested in endoamp for cort control, haven't seen many reviews...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Sooo.. let's try something different for a minute man.

Nothing to lose, right? The current way shows only ultimate negative progression. I'm not talking about this philosophy for life, just for now.
I still do my legs with high reps... I just go as many times as I can. I like the high rep scheme for a change-up too. I've plugged just 100-120lbs into the leg press setting and did a straight set of 100 reps in a few workouts.

If I could do the 95lb dumbells for more than 18 reps or so on flat DB bench I would. I like pushing myself with many exercises on the weight aspect, but for me it's all about stimulation and focus.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
interested in endoamp for cort control, haven't seen many reviews...
It's a great blend. It's one of those things that you can use all year round to modulate cortisol.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I still do my legs with high reps... I just go as many times as I can. I like the high rep scheme for a change-up too. I've plugged just 100-120lbs into the leg press setting and did a straight set of 100 reps in a few workouts.

If I could do the 95lb dumbells for more than 18 reps or so on flat DB bench I would. I like pushing myself with many exercises on the weight aspect, but for me it's all about stimulation and focus.
Absolutely. There's a few different ways to do hi-reps too, other than straight-setting & dropping the weight to nothing. Incorporating rest/pause technique; even repping out to failure, resting 30 seconds, reppping to failure again, repeat for cycle - an extended sort of rest/pause. Lots of options..

And change is good - I've said it in other logs, but it bares repeating: if there's one underlying philosophy in my own personal training, it's CHANGE. I am constantly tweaking this, that.

The bottom line tho is stimulation & focus, intensity.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Ever try the 100-rep squat? Sh!t'll make you puke & fall out.. but I love it!
Jesus... I used a medicine ball and did 75 squats with only a 25lb ball and of course bodyweight.... I did that after a leg circuit and it was killer.

100 rep squat? Damn. You inspired me to attempt it.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely. There's a few different ways to do hi-reps too, other than straight-setting & dropping the weight to nothing. Incorporating rest/pause technique; even repping out to failure, resting 30 seconds, reppping to failure again, repeat for cycle - an extended sort of rest/pause. Lots of options..

And change is good - I've said it in other logs, but it bares repeating: if there's one underlying philosophy in my own personal training, it's CHANGE. I am constantly tweaking this, that.

The bottom line tho is stimulation & focus, intensity.
Never thought of that... I guess I can try that mixing up techniques then maybe once every few weeks thorw in something heavy so my neurological recruitment doesn't slack off.

Need to stay healthy so i can see what supps are working for me besides the cordy

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting talk going on in here. I may have to pick up a high rep scheme for my wrist.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
day 21 -22-23

Took Off due to injury.

My anxiety/social avoidance was bad. It's ol because I am not working but maybe working will fix it... i sure hope so.

The adrenal recover doesn't seem to be moving well. I can sleep at night thanks to lunesta but stims dont hit me when I take them. I try to only use harder stims 2 days a week though. The T3 recover went awsome thanks to lugols iodine (props to bioman).

Day 24 - Chest / Back - Lighter ha!

Definetly loving cordy, I give it credit for this. I was feeling like **** cause I have a slight head cold, just sore throat and headache so i took more chocamine (1.5g)

Incline DB - 3 Sets
85's - 1 x 20 / 1 x 17 / 1 x 10

Flat bench DB - 5 Sets All R/P
85's - 1x 12 (R/P) + 5
1 x 10 (R/P) + 5

70's - 1x 15 (R/P) + 5
1 x 12 (r/p) + 5
1 x 10 (r/p) + 3

Perfect pushup thing (ha!)
2 sets - both r/p till failure on the second one did them till i failed on my knees pushups

Bent over rows (underhand pulled to lower chest)
135 - 4 sets all the same. 15 (r/p) + 5

Chest is TOAST - Back will get worked again on friday for width, everything else will be once a week for a change.

Friggin starving and burnt out! Came home and was starving! Ate 1.5 cups oats then 2 light hotdogs with buns and an exta bun. i never eat carbs like that!

I am BURNT ha

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, yes nice man! Some good vibes I'm sensing from this workout.. see you felt the contraction.. and most importantly, no injuries! I dig the once weekly splits too!

GOOD stuff! :thumbsup:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah once a week should rest my tendons a bit more and they can clearly use it. My back has always gotten best results the more often I did it so I really cant get myself to do it once a week until I get back to deadlifts (need health insurance for a chiro and so light PT on my hammy).

Gotta work hard, I need to catch you one day man ha...

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what do you think of low very low carbs like 2-3 days a week? Everytime I cut carbs for a couple days it gives me a much clearer picture of where I am because carbs bloat me like crazy.

I am thinking Workout Mon.Wens.Fri and low carb Thurs, Sat, Sun. By low I mean 50-100, probably closer to 100 with 50g from oats for breakfast (once a week or maybe twice cutting this out to get down to 50) and the next 2 meals having about 30g each from vegis/beans.

This is pretty close to what I do now but I really want to SLOWLY add some wieght and will be upping carbs on my normal days from about 200 now to closer to 300 and want to continue the low carb days to make sure I don't bloat or get fat. Will those lower carb days hurt?