Power and Size: Inarius Returns

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for being away fellas. I hit that big deadlift PR on Wednesday and then I hit shoulders/arms on Thursday. I'm gonna try to get into the gym today to hit my 5's squat day.

This week and next week is gonna be super hectic for me. I close on my house on Thursday, then I'm spending the rest of the week getting things ready and then moving my stuff over the next week. Lots to do and not much time to get it all done. I'm going to try to get my gym time in at the front of the week this week so I can focus on getting my new house ready for the second half of the week.

[video=youtube;HJEahE-4juQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEahE-4juQ[/video]

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the home bubba! Owning a house is a true sign that you are achieving goals.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the home bubba! Owning a house is a true sign that you are achieving goals.
Thanks! Everyone around me keeps telling me how impressive it is to buy a house at 24.

Squats
275 x5
315 x5
355 x5

Wasn't feeling to good today going into the gym. Very depleted and very dehydrated.
I was hoping for 7-8 reps on my last set but struggled to hit 5 so I decided to punish myself a little bit and add in extra squats.

Pause squats with a 5 second pause in the hole
135 x5
185 x5
225 x5
245 x5
315 x4

Sled Pulling
75 kg x 2 100 yard passes

Front Squats
135 x8
185 x5
185 x5

Woke up with a headache and battled with it for the morning. Decided to man up and hit the gym anyway. Not a terrible day but not a record setter either. I got my minimum number of reps in and I pushed my accessory work pretty hard.

[video=youtube;CVhiCloPXhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhiCloPXhk[/video]

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your buying a house and ill be graduating at that age lol.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I graduated just a month before my 22nd bday. What are you studying?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meh I move every few years. No home owning for me. Good for you though man, impressive

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Meh I move every few years. No home owning for me. Good for you though man, impressive
Rent in this area is driven up by the students. Its about 1k+ a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. I probably would have stayed in an apartment longer if it weren't for that.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rent in this area is driven up by the students. Its about 1k+ a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. I probably would have stayed in an apartment longer if it weren't for that.
Dude I'm stuck paying close to 2 grand for a 2 bedroom apartment. Sucks lol

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Dude I'm stuck paying close to 2 grand for a 2 bedroom apartment. Sucks lol
I feel ya man. It sucks. My mortgage payment will be about 70% of my monthly rent. Bigger place that I own and a smaller monthly payment.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Signing for the house tomorrow. Ill be moving away from 531 for a little while until things settle down.

Ill be posting the highlights of my workouts for a while and then move back to more detail when I have some more time. Lots to do... paint, carpet, and new counter tops for the time being... oh yeah and moving in too.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lammmmme. Go lift kid.

I kid, have fun unpacking. I'm doing the bull**** next month.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Lammmmme. Go lift kid.

I kid, have fun unpacking. I'm doing the bull**** next month.
Yeah itll be a good time. Im gonna use this down time to heal up some nagging injuries. Im going to be in the gym as often as I can be but I won't be strictly following 531 right now. Once things settle down, Ill retest my maxes and carry on.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah itll be a good time. Im gonna use this down time to heal up some nagging injuries. Im going to be in the gym as often as I can be but I won't be strictly following 531 right now. Once things settle down, Ill retest my maxes and carry on.
Look at doing a deload for a week to ease out if it? I'm deloading now cause I haven't in a whole and trying to heal up as well. Sprained a tendon in my foot jump squating 225 which I had done dozens of times before. Sucks. Plus my back and shoulder need to heal too. So deload it is.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Look at doing a deload for a week to ease out if it? I'm deloading now cause I haven't in a whole and trying to heal up as well. Sprained a tendon in my foot jump squating 225 which I had done dozens of times before. Sucks. Plus my back and shoulder need to heal too. So deload it is.
To ease out of it and to allow myself some more time to deal with life. I spent 8 hours today scraping wall paper off in the new house and ripping up carpet. I'll probably be able to hit the gym this week 2-3 times.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Starting to get more time to get back in the gym. I worked up.to a 425 lb squat on Monday and a 315 paused bench last week.

I had my shoulder looked at and the pain is being caused by tendinitis in my bicep. Im going to start rehabbing that and focusing on getting my squat up.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Starting to get more time to get back in the gym. I worked up.to a 425 lb squat on Monday and a 315 paused bench last week.

I had my shoulder looked at and the pain is being caused by tendinitis in my bicep. Im going to start rehabbing that and focusing on getting my squat up.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^This

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas. Ive got some deep tissue work scheduled on my shoulder girdle to see if that helps.

Im also going to focus on some single leg work and core work to help boost my squat.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Worked up to a paused 305 double today. Not too much pain. Gonna train back tomorrow.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Still checking in here every few days. Hit 400lb squat for 2 after a bunch of volume the other day. After a significant amount of foam rolling every day for a few weeks, my bicep tendonitis is starting to get under control. Benching again tomorrow... Hoping to work in some heavy ish weights. Looking to enter a meet on April 28th just to get back on a platform again...Push pull meet. Looking to open with a 300lb bench and a 500lb deadlift and go from there.

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the house, buddy! Also glad to see you're healing up. Which meet are you thinking of in April?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you are on the mend and those numbers sound like great starts.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Whats up fellas.... Its been a while. A lot of ups and downs in the past 2 months....

I got my shoulder all healed up and have been successfully benching 300+ for about a month now... I hit 315 for 3 sets of 3 tonight. Felt great.

My house is coming along great. Still lots to do and upgrade. It's a work in progress though!

My raw squat pr is up to 445lbs. I have a video of it that if I get a few minutes, I'll upload it.
I've cut my training down to 3 days a week and things seem to be working out pretty well for me.

And now for the bad...
6 weeks ago I suffered a partial tear in my left lat during a deadlift. I had to go to the ER and it really hurt my training. I havent really deadlifted since.

Since the injury, I've seen a chiro, a doc, and an applied kinesiologist... Things seem to be getting back to normal. There's no longer any pain to bench or squat. I'm a little gun shy about starting to deadlift again but I'm going to be doing some light work this weekend after my squats.

Onwards as always... Going to rehab my lat and deadlift, work on my house, and continue getting stronger.

I dont have any meets planned right now. I was supposed to do one in two weeks but Im going to hold off because of the injury. I don't feel like paying 45 bucks to join a federation and another 45 to enter the meet just to do 3 bench attempts.

Might be eyeballing one up in may for charity though...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Welcome back. I'm glad things are coming along for you man. Heal up soon

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back. I'm glad things are coming along for you man. Heal up soon

Thanks man. Im actually feeling stronger than ever right now but I am trying to take it nice and slow so I dont end up hurt again.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No sense in pushing too hard and going backwards. I'm surprised you can bench well with the lat issue. Heal up big man.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
No sense in pushing too hard and going backwards. I'm surprised you can bench well with the lat issue. Heal up big man.
I'm surprised as well. The tear was closer to the middle of my back. I was out of the gym for 2 full weeks after it happened and have been slowly coming back.

All of the people that I have been working with have cleared me to start moving weight again. I'm glad it was just a small injury and not something much more. Injury prevention is now very serious to me and I'll be continuing to rehab and prehab my lat and shoulders.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm surprised as well. The tear was closer to the middle of my back. I was out of the gym for 2 full weeks after it happened and have been slowly coming back.

All of the people that I have been working with have cleared me to start moving weight again. I'm glad it was just a small injury and not something much more. Injury prevention is now very serious to me and I'll be continuing to rehab and prehab my lat and shoulders.
How I keep hanging around this game^^

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely a lot of warm up sets, stretching during and after with each muscle worked, any and all supplemental exercises to strengthen smaller muscles...i.e rotators, etc. It needs to be consistent too.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck healing up man.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Definitely a lot of warm up sets, stretching during and after with each muscle worked, any and all supplemental exercises to strengthen smaller muscles...i.e rotators, etc. It needs to be consistent too.
Good advice. Ive been reading a lot of articles on prehab. Im going to start doing some crazy bell bench to help strengthen my shoulders.

Tonight is an off night but I'll be squatting tomorrow morning. Looking to hit somewhere around 405x3. I'm also going to try some reverse band squats for the first time.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are good for getting the CNS accustomed to more weight right?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Itll help with overloading the top end. I think those helped me mentally. Being able to have that load on your back and walk out and be accustomed to it. Plus 300 in the hole and 500 on top makes for a great ego boost.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't able to set up the reverse bands like I wanted to so I didnt get to them today. I did hit 405x3 on my squat and then I worked up to 405x3 sumo pull off of 6inch blocks. 6 inch blocks put the bar right about three inches below my knee.

[video=youtube;aCuPl5dUzm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCuPl5dUzm4[/video]

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
My bench is a work in progress...

Started my working sets like this...
315 x3
315 x1
335 x1
345 x1 (video)
[video=youtube;_prkNAf7BI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_prkNAf7BI0[/video]

I added the slingshot then and did two sets of 3 w/ 345.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lockout looked solid but the begining and middle was a struggle...shouders and chest strength. Arch is sick for a big man!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Lockout looked solid but the begining and middle was a struggle...shouders and chest strength. Arch is sick for a big man!!
Thanks. The bar rolled on me a bit once I started pressing. I felt pretty beat up going into this workout. I didnt recover from my monday session and I was still pretty sore. Felt about 75% going in but i gave it my all

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got some good work in considering then.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Got some good work in considering then.
My goal going in was to hit 315 for 4 or 5 reps but after hitting it for 3 I knew that probably wasn't gona happen so I started with some singles.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice bench work man.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
**** looks solid man
Im feeling like I am making some good progress lately. I've switched to a 3 day a week schedule lifting on Thursday, Saturday, and Monday. Gives me some more time to rest and recover and also some more time to devote to every day life.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
My current routine looks like this...

Thursday:
Bench movement
Bench Accessory movement
Shoulder work
Tricep
Bicep

Saturday: