• RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for another 275 lifter.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good to me. Similar to what I end up with on 5-3-1, just with squat/dead together. Which is fine to me.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Looks good to me. Similar to what I end up with on 5-3-1, just with squat/dead together. Which is fine to me.
Yeah for the last few years I've been back and forth between a 4 and 5 day schedule. I cut out a lot of the crap and streamlined it down to 3 days.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4 days a week with 1 week every 4 being a deload, and more focused workouts (around 1 hour) is awesome. I'd love to spend 3 hours a day in the gym everyday but lift gets in the way. I feel like the shorter workouts are much more focused and even effective anyways. It's all about finding what works for you. I was doing 3 a week a couple months ago as well.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
4 days a week with 1 week every 4 being a deload, and more focused workouts (around 1 hour) is awesome. I'd love to spend 3 hours a day in the gym everyday but lift gets in the way. I feel like the shorter workouts are much more focused and even effective anyways. It's all about finding what works for you. I was doing 3 a week a couple months ago as well.
My gym time is about an hour and a half when I'm in there. I'm thinking about a deload in a week or two.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I deload every other cycle, so 6 weeks on 1 "off". That's not a bad length. My dead and squat days are about that long. Also I end up doig HIIT a few days a week etc.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Getting ready to go hit some squats and deadlifts here in a little bit. I'm going to go in there and see how I feel today. No plans just throwing some weight.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like my plan for back yesterday...Lol I actually surprised myself. Make it happen big man!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Getting ready to go hit some squats and deadlifts here in a little bit. I'm going to go in there and see how I feel today. No plans just throwing some weight.
Sometimes those yield the best workouts.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Got in there and warmed up but I had a small pull in my left side. I couldn't get worked out but I proceded anyway.

Started by doing some squats... Worked up to 405 x1 and 425x2. These both felt super heavy today.

Moved over to snatch grip deadlifts where I worked up to 375lbs for 3. I then pulled a single at 465lbs.

Did some accessory movements and called it a day. The whole session just felt off but I did my best to keep pushing it. I'll be resting up and feeding my face today and cutting back the intensity on my accessory day tomorrow to be sure that I'm well rested for next week.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Experimented with some rest pause work last night. Pretty brutal. Close gripped 275 for 8. Off until Thursday now. Time to rest and recover.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As in DC style?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wendler T-Nation article?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it. The combination of the 5/3/1 percentages and then grinding out the accessories DC style should be intense. Throw in the fact it's only 2 days a week and it is money for anyone pressed for time. There is also another program by Wendler that my son is going to do over the summer. Google Jim Wendler Frequency Project...serious intensity.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I like it. The combination of the 5/3/1 percentages and then grinding out the accessories DC style should be intense. Throw in the fact it's only 2 days a week and it is money for anyone pressed for time. There is also another program by Wendler that my son is going to do over the summer. Google Jim Wendler Frequency Project...serious intensity.
I'll look into that. I'm afraid of dropping down to 2x a week. I'm feeling guilty about only being there 3x a week now.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Worked up to a heavy double benching today using some chains. 225 bar weight plus 3 chains per side. We estimated the weight was about 350ish at the top and 275 at the bottom. Felt pretty good.

Did some dead benching off of the pins that are at my chest level. Worked up to 275 for 5 single reps with 45 seconds of rest in between. I'd like to be able to push 315 for 3 singles off of the pins. I think this will help my bench a lot.

Did some awesome db presses for 3 sets of 20 reps then some biceps and called it a night.

Time to eat some chicken and grow.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fried chicken? :D

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Fried chicken? :D

haha afraid not. The local butcher sells chicken chipsteak so I make some home made chicken cheese steaks. Pretty good and pretty lean.

Then 2 hours later followed up by 3 scoops of whey, 1 cup of gluten free rice krispies (essentially puffed brown rice), a banana, 4 tbspn of peanut butter, and some raw honey. Thats my pre bed shake.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Hit some squats on Saturday. Worked up to 405 for 2 sets of 2. Getting a feel for my new pair of olympic lifting shoes. My problem in my squat is falling forward at the bottom. Im working on some mobility drills to help fix that.

Today I did some close grip bench, worked up to 315 for a paused single, and then did some accessory work. Weighing in about 255 and overall feeling pretty good.

I hit 275 for 5 paused reps before this. My training partner asked if I had ever hit 315 close gripped. I said no so I tried it. Didn't turn out too bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QZOYNd-hb8

2 days of rest now and back at it on Thursday.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Nice CG dude. Looked easy as hell
It felt super easy. I wasn't prepared at all for it to be that easy so I kind of caught myself off guard. I was only planning for one. Looking back I should have tried for a double or a triple.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It looked like 2-3 reps were there for sure.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
It looked like 2-3 reps were there for sure.
I told myself that I'd only do one set at 315 so Im not screwed come real bench day on Thursday. Maybe a closer grip bench will benefit me. KK has a pretty close grip on his bench as well. :)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;k7TIUMm8uQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7TIUMm8uQQ[/video]

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wendler had a close grip as well

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They asked KK why his grip is narrow and he's huge. He said its all about the activation of the lats.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
They asked KK why his grip is narrow and he's huge. He said its all about the activation of the lats.
He just might be on to something.... Sounds like I'll be doing some experimentation on Thursday with my grip.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He just might be on to something.... Sounds like I'll be doing some experimentation on Thursday with my grip.
I'll be doing the same tomorrow. I'll do some 2-board. My shoulders are feeling better and hopefully with a grip inside the rings, they should stay that way.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Found an article with KK about it... he says this about his bench...

I saw your raw bench press. You have very long arms, but you press with a close grip. Is it a habit? Or pecs injured?

When I was young, I listened to “wise” people who said that grip should be maximally wide – 81 cm. The range is shorter and to press heavier is easier like that. But over time, I understood that this does not work for me. My arms are long, and in the bottom position I was not able to engage muscles of the back. As a result I constantly had injuries of shoulders and pecs. But my close grip bench press has always been good. At 17 years of age, I benched 200 kg with a close grip, but with glutes off the bench. I decided not to think too much about this, and I switched to close grip. After that I had no injuries, no pain and strength has been increasing slowly but constantly. But triceps must be very strong for such benching!

LIFT-RUN-BANG: Interview with Konstantin Konstantinovs - Translated

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Been a while...

Last week I did 3 sets of doubles at 315 with a closer grip. Just messing aroundd with it.

Saturday - worked up to a pretty easy 405x3 squat.

Thursday - hit my bench again. Some shoulder pain here throwing me off...

looked like this
225 x10, 225 x5, 275 x8, 295 x4.5, 225 x10
No arch or anything. Just some regular old benching.

Working in some heavy squats today. Shooting for a new 3rm but we'll see. Taking along the little brother for his first squat session.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Awesome benching, still jealous
Thanks man. It's felt a little off for me these last few weeks. Hopefully, I can get it worked out and headed back in the right direction. I bought Kelly Starret's book and am going through some of his shoulder mobilization techniques to see if that will help.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know how ya feel. I took Brandon Lilly's advice on shoulder rehab-work your damn shoulders

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Update:

Been a long time since I have posted a log entry... Well about 2 years.

Bodyweight: 275

Best Lifts:
Bench: 380 x1, 345 x4, 225 x25

Squat: 515 x1, 505 x2, 465 x4

Deadlift: 575 x1, 550 x4

Last total was in Feb. 1455lbs at 275lbs raw. Pretty disappointed with this meet. Looking for 1500 in August.

Now time for a few videos:
[video=youtube;TBK-mjYuT7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBK-mjYuT7w[/video]

[video=youtube;QW4aCCdUiqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW4aCCdUiqQ[/video]

[video=youtube;saCpNeM6FcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saCpNeM6FcQ[/video]

Planning to post here more and you can follow me on instagram if you want. Hit me up for my username there.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
This week is a deload so nothing special going on. 8 weeks out from my meet. Focused on recovery, mobility, and rehab/prehab right now.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Nothing special tonight. Weighed in this AM at 275 on the dot. Worked up to 3 plates on the safety squat bar and did some other accessory work. Deload is now officially over.

Friday will be speed bench and then back into it on Sunday with heavy deadlifts for doubles.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So bruh do you even?

[video=youtube;uRZ7b50kjGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZ7b50kjGI[/video]

GICH!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Speed bench night

5x5 at 225lbs with the Swiss press bar

5 sets of hammer curls w/ swiss bar

3 sets Db hammer curls

5 sets concentration curls

5 sets triceps push downs

3 single arm push downs.

Pec was tight so kept it light tonight. No bands this week for speed work. Then hammered arms.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Got some size n strength going on bro. All this from NeoVar and Pink Magic supps?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Got some size n strength going on bro. All this from NeoVar and Pink Magic supps?
All from whole food and hard work. Still a natty and I rarely take supplements. I am.planning to do a log soon though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bands for speed work great for me. But man, do they trash my pecs and shoulders.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established