Power and Size: Inarius Returns

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Im floating around 250ish. 254 before bed last night.

Im working on a raw 500 lb squat right now. 425 was no big deal so we are slowly climbing up while rehabbing my shoulder/pec.
Very nice 425 is actually my goal in a couple weeks. . Sorry about the injury that always sucks

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Very nice 425 is actually my goal in a couple weeks. . Sorry about the injury that always sucks
Nice. Good luck man. I've hit 500 in knee wraps once last year but i was really training for it. Then i started using a squat suit for a while and it threw off my raw squat.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Not a good day today... Feeling depleted, run down and burnt out. Even after a day off yesterday.

Deadlifts
135 x5
135 x5
225 x5
225 x5
315 x10
405 x5

After my deadlifts, I just put myself on cruise and coasted through the rest of this. It was all pretty minimal effort. My head wasn't in the game today after a long day at work.

We all have these kinds of days. It happens and builds character.

lat pull downs
3 sets of 8

tbar row
3 sets of 8 up to 3 plates

face pulls
3 sets of 12

done.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same for me today as well. Still put in some work and got a sweat going but the effort wasn't there. Can't change the past,only the future...moving on.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Same for me today as well. Still put in some work and got a sweat going but the effort wasn't there. Can't change the past,only the future...moving on.
Exactly. Onward and Upward, Brother.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had exactly the same day. Really bad at work kept me out of the gym and depressed lol. The universe had different plans for us today.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm going to switch gears and start using a training program for strength only. I have a few in mind but I'm really leaning towards one at the moment.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm going to switch gears and start using a training program for strength only. I have a few in mind but I'm really leaning towards one at the moment.
Decide what you're going to do?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same question^^^

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Decide what you're going to do?
Same question^^^

Yeah... At first I wanted to start doing the Juggernaut Method written by Chad Smith because its a very well laid out program. The downside of this program is it is in 16 week cycles. I didn't want to commit to the program because I was hoping to enter a meet at the beginning of the year. This would cut my first cycle short and I didn't want that to happen...

So I decided to pick up a new ebook to read... 5/3/1 for Powerlifting. I was skeptical of the book at first because I was unsure of how much new information would be in it. I picked it up and I really enjoyed reading it. I'll be starting 5/3/1 for powerlifting tomorrow with squats. I don't want to give the whole program away but I will detail what I'm doing each day like normal.

I can do a cycle or two of 5/3/1 with a focus on strength and mass, and then if the meet in January/Feb becomes a reality, I can switch into his meet prep cycle. The book is laid out really well and I definitely recommend it if you are interested in powerlifting or just getting stronger in general. He also covers equipped lifting.

I took Friday and the weekend off from lifting so nothing new to report. Resting up in order to start big with 5/3/1 tomorrow.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Starting my 2nd 4 weeks of 5/3/1 tomorrow. It's laid out very well.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Starting my 2nd 4 weeks of 5/3/1 tomorrow. It's laid out very well.
Indeed it is. It also has lots of potential for adaptation for specific goals. I ran about 6 cycles of the standard 5/3/1 a few years ago. Now it's time to try the powerlifting version.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm rocking the BB'er version and excited to see how far my joints/tendons will let me go. Hey,I'm looking at trap bars and was wondering if you have any experience with them and brands you could recommend?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I'm rocking the BB'er version and excited to see how far my joints/tendons will let me go. Hey,I'm looking at trap bars and was wondering if you have any experience with them and brands you could recommend?

My knowledge of trap bars is extremely limited... I've only ever used one twice... However there are two companies that I trust when it comes to barbells and specialty bars.

One is EliteFTS...
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=212&pid=1155

They have 3 different versions of the trap bar. One is a fat trap bar (extra thick grips) and the other two look pretty similar. If you had specific questions about them, your best bet would be to call them and talk to one of their reps. It is my understanding that they are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer, they have access to some of the best lifters around to find out for you.
Wendler himself sometimes answers the phones...
[video=youtube;1kx1Ev8RwYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kx1Ev8RwYM[/video]
I've never felt bad about giving EFS my money.

The second company, I trust is Rogue Fitness... Mark Bell and SuperTraining Gym use and support this company. I've never used them personally but they are big in the crossfit world.

http://www.roguefitness.com/weightlifting-bars-plates/bars/specialty-bars.php

If and when I need any kind of equipment, those are the two companies I will go to first. Hope this helps!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's funny because EliteFTS is the company I have preference for sending my money to. I like that fat bar too.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
That's funny because EliteFTS is the company I have preference for sending my money to. I like that fat bar too.
Ha I've spent a ton of money there on shirts, wraps, books, bands, and much more.... The only potential problem with the fat bar version is that you can never make it a non fat bar. So if some day you feel like using your trap bar and don't want to deal with it being a fat bar, you are out of luck. However... You can always buy a pair of fat grips or a similar product to slap on your trap bar to make it fat when you want it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
With all this powerlifting advice, please excuse my BB'er newb-ness. Wrist wraps, daddy needs some new ones. Any advice?
Whenever someone asks me about any kind of powerlifting gear, the first name out of my mouth is almost always Inzer. They are a great company and I've never had any problems with them. I've used their standard red and black wrist wraps and have some experience with their True Black line too. Both are quality. I tend to think that the True Black line might last a bit longer than the other kind but both will last and hold up great if you take care of them. Be sure to wrap them up after use so that the velcro doesn't get caught in the actual wrap. It causes them to fray faster.

Depending on your need for support, I'd go with the small or medium. I prefer the medium for extra support but some people don't like the hassle of the longer wraps. For BB'ing I don't see a need to go for the long wraps. You'll only get tired of wrapping them around your wrists because they are super long.

I've always just been able to pick up the phone and call Inzer and place my order. They are great and very helpful. If they don't have it in stock, they will probably direct you to House of Pain because they are pretty much the only other place that stocks Inzer gear.

and in case you didn't already know... here's an awesome video that shows you the best way to wrap up...

[video=youtube;2WOZp8YVFJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOZp8YVFJ8[/video]

Hope that helps...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow. I've been wrapping backwards all this time LOL.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha I've spent a ton of money there on shirts, wraps, books, bands, and much more.... The only potential problem with the fat bar version is that you can never make it a non fat bar. So if some day you feel like using your trap bar and don't want to deal with it being a fat bar, you are out of luck. However... You can always buy a pair of fat grips or a similar product to slap on your trap bar to make it fat when you want it.
Very true! Thx

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Ok so first day of 5/3/1 for powerlifting...

Squat day!

My legs and lower back were stiff from handling lifters all day on Saturday at a local powerlifting meet. I hit all of my required reps and one extra but had I been fresh I think I would've been good for at least 2-3 more and still have left some in tank.

Squat
135 x5
135 x5
225 x5
225 x5
First Set
275 x3
Second Set
315 x3
Last Set
345 x3 + 1 extra rep = a Projected Max of about 380 lbs

Ham Curls
1 warm up set
3 sets til failure

Single Leg Press
3 sets of 10 here

Calf Raises
3 sets of 12

Trying to ease into this... My last squat set I absolutely could have gotten at least two more reps but they would have been ugly and would have left me empty. Wendler specifically says in the book to push it but always leave 1-2 reps in the tank. Given my stiffness from the weekend, I decided to call it at 4 reps and leave more for next week. I have my projected max set so my next goal will to be crush that with my next weeks reps.

I will not be lifting tomorrow so I can go and vote. Bench day has been rescheduled for Wednesday.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Just got done voting. Stood in line for 2 hours. Bench day tomorrow.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Just got done voting. Stood in line for 2 hours. Bench day tomorrow.
2 hours? I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. *Insert emasculating joke about sexual prowess here*

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
2 hours? I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. *Insert emasculating joke about sexual prowess here*
Yeah man. 1 hour in the line to get inside the building and 1 hour in line inside. It was nuts.

Prepping for some benching tonight. Should be interesting.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Bench Day!

Flat Bench
135 x10
135 x5
185 x5
225 x3 (Set 1)
245 x3 (Set 2)
275 x3 +4 extra reps (Set 3)

Projected Max = 330lbs

Chin Ups
4 sets of 5

Incline DB Bench
65 x10
75 x10 (4 sets)

Chest Supported Nautilus Rows
2 plates
5 sets of 10

Tricep Pushdowns
90lbs for 5 sets of 20

Face Pulls
75lbs for 5 sets of 20

Only a minimal amount of aching in my shoulder today. Got home and put some menthol gel on it. Will heat it and stretch it out later and each day until next week.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Ok gents... I've been keeping a little secret. Im going to be logging Joint Mechanic by MST. I'll be creating a second log tonight to keep track of this run.

Attachments

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very cool. I have always wanted to try that but just never pulled the trigger on it. Link it up when you start.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift day!

Deadlifts
Over hand grip
135 x10
135 x10
225 x5
225 x5
315 x3 (first set)
365 x3 (second set)
405 x3 +2 extra reps
Left at least 2-3 reps in the tank here...
Projected Max = 455

Good Mornings
135 5 sets of 10

Conditioning Work
40 yard prowler pushes
2 plates
3 sets of 4 plates loaded on the prowler

1 set of 5 tire flips (350lb tire)

1 set of 40 yard heavy bag carry
2 sets of 80 yard heavy bag carry

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I'm so in!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bench is looking solid bro good training. I like the tire flips/ bag carry. Good stuff

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Bench is looking solid bro good training. I like the tire flips/ bag carry. Good stuff
Thanks man. Unfortunately my bench had taken a hit since my shoulder injury. My best pre injury was 315 for 4. Im back up to 275 for 5 so I'm coming back it's just a slow process.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Squats

135 x10
135 x5
225 x3
255 x5 (first set)
295 x5 (second set)
335 x7 (third set) rep PR at this weight.

335 x 7 reps = a projected max of 415lbs

Cambered Bar Squats
4 sets of 8

I called it here. I haven't gotten a decent nights sleep since Thursday. Been taking care of the little lady since then. No energy and really burnt out. Hoping to sleep well tonight and hit it hard tomorrow.

Daily Video:
[video=youtube;8XVtfWxNMss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XVtfWxNMss[/video]

Progress:
Week 1 of the 5/3/1 cycle I hit 345 x4 and it was a struggle to hit that last rep. Tonight was 335 x7. Granted it's not the same weight but only 10lbs off and 3 more reps. I'm happy with that for 1 cycle so far. Onwards and Upwards.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice leg workout, solid. and that is a good song!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here we go again, good stuff. Glad to see the injury is getting better.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Here we go again, good stuff. Glad to see the injury is getting better.
Thanks man. Just a little show of progress but my best bench for 8 reps is 275. I was able to hit 260 tonight for 8. It's a slow road back and I haven't benched anywhere near 315 in the last two months but my hope is that with minimal jumps each week when I do get back up there, I'll be stronger than ever.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh I am sure you will.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been dealing with a sick girlfriend for the last few days.

On Tuesday, I hit 260 for 8 on bench.
Last night, i hit 405 for 8 on deadlifts

Strength is coming along decently well.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice big man!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been dealing with a sick girlfriend for the last few days.

On Tuesday, I hit 260 for 8 on bench.
Last night, i hit 405 for 8 on deadlifts

Strength is coming along decently well.
solid lifts man. good to see!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
5/3/1 Squat Night
295 x5
335 x3
375 x4 (4 Rep PR. Up 10lbs from last week)

Cambered Bar Squats
4 sets of 8 @195lbs

Spread Eagle Sit Ups
4 sets of 10 w/ 60lb KB

Song:
[video=youtube;vpL2sWLwEtU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpL2sWLwEtU[/video]

Good night... 10lb PR. Waiting on my MST supps to arrive so I can start my next sponsored log for them.