Power and Size: Inarius Returns

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Nothing more frustrating than an injury and watching your numbers plummet. I'm having pain in my front delt in my left shoulder.
Hit 315 for a ****ty double tonight. Time to back off the heavy pressing for a few weeks.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it a pinched nerve? Do you have any magnesium lying around?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back it down and do some rehab work on it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Is it a pinched nerve? Do you have any magnesium lying around?
No its not a pinched nerve. And it's not as bad as when i dislocated my right one. I only have 2 packets of animal flex here lol

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One step back...2 forward big man

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No its not a pinched nerve. And it's not as bad as when i dislocated my right one. I only have 2 packets of animal flex here lol
Grab some magnesium. It's cheap. Take it before bed having no calcium in your system. It will greatly help with the pain. When we are injured our bodies use up a lot of magnesium and right now you are in a deficit. Take care of yourself brosef.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Crappy Bench Day

bb bench
bar x10
95 x10
135 x10
135 x10
185 x10
225 x10
225 x5 paused reps
275 x5
295 x5
315 x2 (rough)

added mark bells slingshot from howmuchyabench.net
315 x6

then 225 x13 raw

db incline bench
4 sets w/ 60's til failure with a slow 3 second decent
trying to get blood into the chest and shoulder area to try to fix some shoulder issues

cable flies
4 sets of 12 reps... light weight

2 sets of dips til failure... just body weight

some light side raises and front raises... pushing more blood into the shoulders

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Grab some magnesium. It's cheap. Take it before bed having no calcium in your system. It will greatly help with the pain. When we are injured our bodies use up a lot of magnesium and right now you are in a deficit. Take care of yourself brosef.
Thanks bro. I'll pick some up tomorrow.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you take a ZMA supplement before sleep? Highly recommend this.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Normally yes, but I ran out about 2 weeks ago and haven't picked up a new bottle yet.
I'll send you some ZMK but you owe me, home slice.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what I use...good stuff

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what I use...good stuff
I actually have to use half of a dose because 4 caps are too potent for me. My dreams before sooooo demented and messed up I dreaded sleeping lol. Luckily Inarius told me a while ago that he never dreams, so this would be perfect for him.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It had no effect with my dreams.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I actually have to use half of a dose because 4 caps are too potent for me. My dreams before sooooo demented and messed up I dreaded sleeping lol. Luckily Inarius told me a while ago that he never dreams, so this would be perfect for him.

Yeah I don't really dream at all.

Off night tonight. Getting ready to take the dog for a walk. Back day tomorrow. Picked up the newest edition of POWER magazine to keep me occupied for a few hours.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Back night.

shoulder warm ups

barbell rows
135 x10
135 x10
185 x8
185 x8
225 x8
225 x8

pull ups
bw 5x5

lat pull downs
5 sets of 8-12 varying grips

chest supported row
pyramid of 8 up to 3 plates and back down to 1
so about 5-6 sets here of a bunch of reps... just trying to get some blood moving

nautilus pull over machine
3 sets here of 10-12

face pulls
5 sets of 12-15

barbell bench
bar x50

Sorry for the lack of detail today. It was just a get in the gym and move some weight around day. Had a nice pump and I felt pretty good. 0 shoulder pain up until the barbell benches. Just did those to get some blood into my front delts and pecs.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Oh... Hai...
Welcome!

shoulders and arms last night

dynamic shoulder warm up...

db side raises
15 x20
15 x20
20 x20
20 x15
20 x12

db front raises
15 x10
15 x10
(these didn't feel the greatest on the shoulder)

bb bench press
bar x50
(did 2 more sets like this throughout the workout to just stretch it out)

fat bar curls
no idea how much that bar weighs so I'll just count the weight I had on it
20 x 15
50 x 10
70 x 8
70 x 8

rolling db tricep extensions
30's x10
35's x10
40's x8
40's x8

concentration db curls
30 x10
35 x10

Seated db curls
40's x8
40's x8

tricep rope pushdowns
3 sets of 10-12

one arm ovehead db tricep extensions
30 x10
35 x10

preacher curl machine
3 sets til failure

tricep extensions with cable
3 sets til failure

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
How was the shoulder holding up for this?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
How was the shoulder holding up for this?
Once it was warmed up, there wasn't too much pain. At the end of the workout, I spent some time stretching it out along with my chest. It feels pretty decent today but it hasn't been hurting until its under some weight.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm back, and with a new Company... Got picked up by ErgoGenix, last month...

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
What's going on in this thread? Oh lawd!! Lol

I used to be a big milk drinker too. Gonad... No more! I drink homemade almond milk latès on the regular!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Going well...!!! Talked myself into doing the 2013 NPC Washington State Iron Man... How goes it for you...???
Nice! If you do a log on your contest prep be sure to invite me.

Right now I'm dealing with a little bit of a shoulder injury. Trying to prep for a meet early next year.... and I'm really looking to hit a raw double body weight squat in the future. Since my shoulder is kind of out of commission for a little bit, I'm going to be focusing on squatting for a few weeks.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Impressed. You got this guy in your log ^^^^

I don't in mine, my how the mighty have fallen :(

I love me some powerlifting tho!
Welcome bro!

Resting up today. Hurricane Sandy is supposed to hit here hard over the next 3 days. I dont mind as long as it doesn't interrupt tomorrow's squat session.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Nice! If you do a log on your contest prep be sure to invite me.

Right now I'm dealing with a little bit of a shoulder injury. Trying to prep for a meet early next year.... and I'm really looking to hit a raw double body weight squat in the future. Since my shoulder is kind of out of commission for a little bit, I'm going to be focusing on squatting for a few weeks.
Sadly, I know that pain... Tore my rotator cuff, back in January, when we had that bad winter storm... Shoulder and the house, both, are just now finally fully fixed... (Had a tree go through my dining room...)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Sadly, I know that pain... Tore my rotator cuff, back in January, when we had that bad winter storm... Shoulder and the house, both, are just now finally fully fixed... (Had a tree go through my dining room...)
Damn that's terrible. Hope everyone and everything is alright.

The gym just posted that they will be open tonight. Hoping to hit at least one pr tonight.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Sucks doesn't it? Getting really sick can be an equilvent to an injury.

Shoulder injuries are no joke. Hope it's not serious!
Doesn't seem too serious. I've had my share of injuries and I've recovered from all of them. This week I'll bench light and start testing the waters next week and see what happens. Ive been pounding magnesium and zinc and vit c. Seems to be helping. On top of that i am also stretching it out and warming it up every day.

To date I've had a torn muscle in my palm, a dislocated shoulder , a small tear in my patellar tendon, and a minor concussion.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Hurricane Skwatz! Sandy is starting to hit here now...

Skwats
135 x10
135 x5
225 x3
225 x3
315 x3
365 x1
415 x1 pr
425 x1 new pr

425 pr with just a belt. Left about 10-15lbs in the tank tonight. More room to work next week.

315 + 1 chain per side x2
315 + 2 chains per side x2
315 + 3 chains per side x2 I estimate this to be over 100 lbs at the top but I have no real idea

315 x8 (failure) tied pr

Felt real good and strong. Hopefully Sandy bypasses us and I can hit the gym tomorrow.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Numbers looking strong in here big man. I love days when you just feel it in the gym.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Numbers looking strong in here big man. I love days when you just feel it in the gym.
Thanks bossman. I didn't want to push it to much tonight that way i can recover enough to smash some more weight this week and next.

ForumRunner_20121029_221547.png

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Little bit of chest rehab

dynamic shoulder warm up

flat barbell bench
bar x20
95 x20
135 x20
135 x20
185 x10
185 x10
225 x10

barbell bench with weight hanging from bands
bar + 50lbs on the bands x10
bar + 100lbs on the bands x10
bar + 100lbs on the bands x10
bar + 100lbs on the bands x8

incline db press
60 x10
65 x10
75 x8

prowler sled presses
245lbs x10
245 x10

Didn't really have any problems during the workout but post workout I definitely feel that I worked my shoulder and chest maybe a little too hard for the first day of "rehab". Oh well live and learn. Icing it down now.

I think that the injury might be a pec strain and a delt strain. Just an observation though because I definitely felt it a bit in my pec today as well.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I missed it but what are these bands you are hanging weight from?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
It wouldnt let me respond to your pm but looks like ur moving a good amount of weight! Whats the bodyweight at man

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I missed it but what are these bands you are hanging weight from?
Just average bands. You can get them at elitefts.com. double them up and hang weight off of the bar with them. Ill do them again next week and take a pic of my setup.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
It wouldnt let me respond to your pm but looks like ur moving a good amount of weight! Whats the bodyweight at man
Im floating around 250ish. 254 before bed last night.

Im working on a raw 500 lb squat right now. 425 was no big deal so we are slowly climbing up while rehabbing my shoulder/pec.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is the stability exercise isn't Inarius? Where the weights hang free and the bar needs to be stabilized while lifting?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
That is the stability exercise isn't Inarius? Where the weights hang free and the bar needs to be stabilized while lifting?
Yep. You got it. Id post a link to a video of it but I'm on my phone.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen that before and it looks crazy as far as the stabilization needed.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the injury brother. Keep working on the stretching try doing a little alternating of heat, ice, heat, ice for a day or so then only use heat until the next time you train it then ice it right after real good then go back to heat once you feel inflammation is not going to be an issue. Heat is better for inducing actual recovery by increasing blood flow, cold is better for preventing / reducing inflammation.

Nice squatting would love to see a vid of you doing the aforementioned banded hanging weight squat.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I've seen that before and it looks crazy as far as the stabilization needed.
Yeah it is pretty crazy... My initial thought was that even injured 100 lbs of weight wasn't going to be that bad... I was wrong. My thought was to add some additional bar weight to make it harder but I didn't need any additional weight. They were pretty intense.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the injury brother. Keep working on the stretching try doing a little alternating of heat, ice, heat, ice for a day or so then only use heat until the next time you train it then ice it right after real good then go back to heat once you feel inflammation is not going to be an issue. Heat is better for inducing actual recovery by increasing blood flow, cold is better for preventing / reducing inflammation.

Nice squatting would love to see a vid of you doing the aforementioned banded hanging weight squat.

Thanks for the advice man. I'll try it out. As for the banded weight squats, I've never tried them... Only used it on bench. I feel like walking out with the weight would be extremely hazardous.... But I've been known to do some ridiculous things so if I get extra time in my next leg day, I'll try them out.