Oconns28 Looking for MAJOR GAINS

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Feel your pain there. Ive got a 3 week old baby and a teething toddler right now.
Ohh fun times! My youngest is 1 now so things are a bit easier.....but man is he busy and gets into everything haha

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Ohh fun times! My youngest is 1 now so things are a bit easier.....but man is he busy and gets into everything haha
Yeah they do that. My almost two year old like to open everything up and just dump it on the ground. Not to play with it. Just to dump it out lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 40

Main lift today was some deadlifts. I’m not using my normal template because I’m in a deload/reduced volume run. Horrible sleep last night, one of my kids is getting another tooth and barely slept but I’m back and still feeling good today!!
That stinks! Hopefully you get some better sleep and the tooth fairy will be able to come soon!:)

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 41

Oh I did work today! Hit up the gym during the day. Main lift was OHP. My real work came tonight, I got a great deal on a large amount of interlocking brick. I just had to pick it up and wheel it from a backyard to my truck. Also unloaded it all tonight.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Landscaping is great cardio!!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I do it for a living and it never gets easier, been in business for 5 years.

I’ve never done it for a living where the faster I get it done the more money I’d make from the job. I worked in a cemetery doing lots of different projects but being paid by the hour allowed me to just work at a nice pace and not have to kill myself trying to finish.

Now at home my projects are a different story, I work my butt off to do them as fast as I can. I have 3 kids so my time is limited! Lol

What type of projects do you specialize in?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do it for a living and it never gets easier, been in business for 5 years.
From your long hours and steps that you log i'm going to stay away from landscaping for a living haha

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve never done it for a living where the faster I get it done the more money I’d make from the job. I worked in a cemetery doing lots of different projects but being paid by the hour allowed me to just work at a nice pace and not have to kill myself trying to finish.

Now at home my projects are a different story, I work my butt off to do them as fast as I can. I have 3 kids so my time is limited! Lol

I actually have a cemetery that has to be cut every 10 days, 8 acres, 1100 headstones. Gotta trim around every one and then come back and blow the grass off. I think one of the last times I cut it I had my step tracker on, it was over 40k steps. I posted it somewhere. I'm an engineer by day full time and do the lawncare in the evenings and weekends. I currently have the cemetery and 17 residential yarda. We have done over 200 yards of bulk mulch this season. Still have about 80 yards on the books. We do hardscape, installs, maetinance, mulch, cut grass, tree work and powerwash

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I average 2 or 3 yards a night by myself and save the big jobs for the weekends and whatever needs to be caught uo. The rain has been a challenge so far this early season. It has rained 5 weekends straight

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have 3 kids also 17,14,8..they are all in travel sports. It's nuts, my parents and in laws all live within 5 miles so they help everyday. Without them, wouldn't happen

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I have 3 kids also 17,14,8..they are all in travel sports. It's nuts, my parents and in laws all live within 5 miles so they help everyday. Without them, wouldn't happen
Wow man you certainly have a lot going on! Props to you dude!

Cutting around the headstones is a major pain! Not even sure how big the area was I help maintained. Well let’s just say if we had 2 60” commercial zero turns going 8 hours a day and cutting quickly it would take 5 days to just cut not the place not including trimming it

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow man you certainly have a lot going on! Props to you dude!

Cutting around the headstones is a major pain! Not even sure how big the area was I help maintained. Well let’s just say if we had 2 60” commercial zero turns going 8 hours a day and cutting quickly it would take 5 days to just cut not the place not including trimming it
That's huge, I have 2 60's also. I run 1 and have 2 guys on the ground trimming and blowing stones. It takes about 6 hours

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This is pretty Funny !!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 42
Main lifts would be Wide grip Lat Pulldown and some meadow rows! Feeling good.

I won’t be able to hit the gym this weekend. My days will be spent doing a 2 day Auto Extrication course and by the time I get home, eat and put the kids to bed my gym will be closed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Body weight workout ??

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 42
Main lifts would be Wide grip Lat Pulldown and some meadow rows! Feeling good.

I won’t be able to hit the gym this weekend. My days will be spent doing a 2 day Auto Extrication course and by the time I get home, eat and put the kids to bed my gym will be closed.
That stinks! Busy day. Like rocket said may have to get in a body weight workout.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 43

Today’s workout was a big day of auto extrication. Fun physical day out in the sun!

Not going to get a real workout in, might just stretch a bit tonight.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 44

Really the same day as yesterday. Sorry nothing too exciting to report.

I have a few long days coming but I’m going to try my best to hit the gym each night

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 45

Well after a long day starting at 4:30 am working out of town, getting home just in time to take my kids to soccer and Eat on the run. I wasn’t feeling the gym and almost skipped it but said f it and hit it up. Wasn’t the best workout of my life but it was better than nothing!

Main lift was B.B. bench!

So I guess with the increased dose I should have about 5 days left. I’ll dump the bottle out and count them to see (slight chance I might have missed a serving here or there or taken an extra on some hectic days)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep at least you got a little workout in on your busy day.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 46

Main lift - B.B. rows. I have a test coming up for my Fire service testing so I did a practice run today. Pretty much it’s 13+ minutes on a treadmill walking at 10% incline with 51lbs worth of gear on.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 46

Main lift - B.B. rows. I have a test coming up for my Fire service testing so I did a practice run today. Pretty much it’s 13+ minutes on a treadmill walking at 10% incline with 51lbs worth of gear on.
That sounds like a workout!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 46

That's the way to do cardio! 51lbs on any incline is tough.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 47 (yesterday)

The plan was to hit the gym after a long work day but we had a storm here that knocked our power out so I had to stay home to man the generator.

I will be hitting the gym tonight!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 48

Crushed a workout tonight. Main lift was squats. Felt great!

Final day is going to be Saturday and review will follow!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 48

Crushed a workout tonight. Main lift was squats. Felt great!

Final day is going to be Saturday and review will follow!
Awesome! Looking forward to the final review.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 49

Main lift was some B.B. rows. Crushed my practice treadmill test again with the 50lb weight vest. Feeling good!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 49

Main lift was some B.B. rows. Crushed my practice treadmill test again with the 50lb weight vest. Feeling good!
How fast or how far do you have to go in the 13 minutes ??

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Measurements

**Starting** **Now**

Chest - 41" 41

Waist - 35.5". 32

Hips - 41". 39.5

Thigh - 26". 24.5

Calf - 15.5". 15.5

Bicep (relaxed) - 14.5". 14

Weight - 187lbs 181.8

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

Well I’ve lost weight and feel better about my body. Honestly looking at the pictures doesn’t equal how I feel looking in the mirror. I’m happy with my progress.

Bonus pic here after my workout last night and felt good.

IMG_0160.JPG

Review will be coming

*sorry about the colour change in the pics, it was a slightly different time of day and I can’t control the sunlight. I wanted to keep everything as close as I could

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^that’s how i always feel about pics vs mirror. We need to get to the stage where we look in pics like in mirror lol
Looks like similar results ad others who logged this product

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
^that’s how i always feel about pics vs mirror. We need to get to the stage where we look in pics like in mirror lol
Looks like similar results ad others who logged this product
Lol yep it’s hard not to let the pics get you down a bit but at the end of the day I’m doing this for me and I feel like I’ve made progress so I’m happy. I really thought there would be an obvious difference in the pics. Weight and measurements show that I have lost but just not enough to pop in pics.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking good man, Nice Abs !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good man! Farmers tan definitely improved to;)

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Major Gains Review

Well The Solution gave the best layout for this review so there’s no point in my trying to do it different just to be different!

Key Benefits of Major Gains:
•Helps Increase Lean Muscle Mass*
Well I was in a slight caloric deficit during this log. I do feel more muscular
•Helps Increase mTOR Signaling*
Pretty tough as a regular user to confirm this
•Helps Accelerate Muscle Recovery*
I didn’t notice any accelerates recovery. It was pretty on par with what I’m used to.
•Helps Reduce Mental & Physical Fatigue
I wish I could say yes here but I frequently felt tired physically and mentally
•Helps Increase Muscular Strength*
Nothing noticeable here. I was in a small deficit so some strength loss could be expected. I would say my strength went down
•Helps Improve Protein Synthesis*
Can’t say
•Helps Reduce Body Fat*
I did lose some body fat. The speed at which I lost it felt normal. I can’t confirm Major gains assisted much here. If it did at all I don’t think it would be worth the cost.
•Helps Prevent Catabolic Muscle Wasting*
Not sure?
•Helps Increase ATP Restoration Within Cells*
Can’t say here
•Helps Improve Mood*
I do think I felt a mood boost here early but then it went away. I also felt a deeper sleep than I was used to before this log. I’m curious to see what happens after I stop
•Helps Improve Mental Focus*
I’ve always been pretty good when I get to the gym. It’s me and my music, I train alone and don’t talk. No noticeable improvement here
•Helps Increase Nitrogen Retention*
No idea
•No On Cycle Or PCT Required*
I sure hope not! This body is all natural!

Overall thoughts.

I had some big hopes for Major Gains. Unfortunately they didn’t really come through for me. There’s no major factor in my training, progress or recovery that I can truly attribute to Major Gains. What I’ve noticed most is my sleep patterns being deeper. There are no other factors that come to mind for me that should have affected it. I know different products work differently for different people but at the end of the day if a friend asked me “should they buy some bottles yes or no”. I just couldn’t recommend it to them with confidence that they would be happy at the end. I truly want to thank the guys from Strong supplements for allowing me to get in on this! It’s very much appreciated when companies include Canadians!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for your comments and support! I’m still learning here and always trying to get better. I have one last favour for you all. Please give me any constructive criticism as to how I can improve my logs/review on the future.

What would you like to see more of? Less of?
Anything you didn’t like that I did?

Any tips are appreciated! Thank you all!