Oconns28 Looking for MAJOR GAINS

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Haha my gym has a couple but I don’t care that much.

I knew posting that pic of a super white body with very red arms would get some love lol
I spend my time not working without a shirt on to compensate for the farmers tan i get at work. The company i work for now i cant wear shorts or tanktops or take my shirt off which is lame cause i dont think i wore a shirt at all last summer lol

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Major gains log

Day 15

Training Day - Back and Legs

- - 5/3/1 Lift - -
Deadlift
- 5 x 290, 3 x 325, 3 x 360

Accessory Work

- Feature accessory work today was Meadows rows...why? Because stone cold said so on instagram so I figured I better listen. I liked them!

Preworkout
- Wild Thing

Daily Supps

- MAJOR GAINS - 2 capsules 3 times daily
- Orange Triad
- My Protein - Creatine Mono
- Kaged Muscle- Hydracharge
- Variety of Protein Powders
- Variety of BCAA's

Daily Goal For Calories/Macros
Calories - 2400
Protein - 210
Carbs - 210
Fats - 80

MAJOR GAINS and Other Thoughts

- Felt pretty good in there today! Tried to make it a quick workout but get my work in! I do a superset of DB pullovers with DB goblet squats and it just gets me sweating!

They don’t list anything about sleep in the key benefits of Major Gains but I’d pretty sure my sleep patterns have changed. I have always been one to wake up and pee at least once during the night but the last couple weeks more nights than not I don’t wake up at all. I’m not waking up feeling really rested or anything, in fact I’m having a harder time getting up in the mornings.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

I might not be a genius but I’m smart enough to know that today must be a rest day for me because it’s Mother’s Day!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you a mother ??

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just think in 2018 you can identify as a mom today, and a father on fathers day, and no one can say anything different. Lol
:1zhelp: Yea it's crazy haha. But I took the day off yesterday to from the gym so I can't say much;)

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

No gym today. Working a long shift out of town. Also went to sleep with a serious headache, still have it this morning. Also I think I had a fever in the night, woke up drenched in sweat! Should be a fun long day.

Hoping that’s all of whatever it was and I’ll get back to the gym tomorrow night

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope ya feel better and can get back at it today!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hope you are feeling better !

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What these guys said ^ I’m pretty sure every time I am sick the world is ending lol.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hope ya feel better and can get back at it today!
Hope you are feeling better !
Hey thanks guys. Yep for the most part I am back to normal! I’m off today and after dropping my daughter off at school I was feeling pretty tired so I had a 1/2 hour nap. Lol.

Anyways I plan on hitting the gym tonight. Not sure what it was that hit me but seems to be gone now. Thanks guys!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
IMG_7335.JPG

Well everyone else is posting food pics! It’s just not as pretty as everyone else’s. I love my protein! Steak and eggs!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
IMG_7336.JPG

Meal number 2 today which I eat some variation of pretty much every single day. Oatmeal is one of my favourites.

2/3 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
Some raspberries
To top it off some brown sugar! Oh I could eat a lot of it!

1 Scoop protein. Sometimes I’ll mix it but today I just drank it

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 165522

Meal number 2 today which I eat some variation of pretty much every single day. Oatmeal is one of my favourites.

2/3 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
Some raspberries
To top it off some brown sugar! Oh I could eat a lot of it!

1 Scoop protein. Sometimes I’ll mix it but today I just drank it
That's my breakfast every morning. I'm to fat to add the Brown Sugar............But it sure sound good!!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Training Day - Shoulders and Chest

- - 5/3/1 Lift - -
OHP
- 5 x 120, 3 x 135, 2 x 150

Accessory Work

Got some decent work in and a little treadmill action

Preworkout
- Pre-Kaged

Daily Supps

- Orange Triad
- Variety of BCAA's

Calories - 2400
Protein - 210
Carbs - 210
Fats - 80

Energy level was only 80-85% but got the work in. Everything is staying pretty consistent here, I could probably dial in my diet a bit more and stop letting family/work life become excuses to eat extra.

So far just the sleep thing is what I’ve noticed as a change.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I love it and I’m totally willing to sacrifice the calories lol
Yeah unless im really strictly dieting trying to get to a certain weight for a specific reason ill never surrender my brown sugar on oatmeal lol cutting weight for a fight was the only time i ever really was determined to get to my goal weight no matter the misery. Anything im gonna do nowadays ill just do in a comfortable weight class. Not willing to make myself miserable for weight anymore. I dont need to completely deny myself the pleasures in life for the results i want.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well everyone else is posting food pics! It’s just not as pretty as everyone else’s. I love my protein! Steak and eggs!
Nice man! Looks good! Gotta compete with TheSolution and Bloodmanor on the food pics!;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I take good taste over pretty any day !!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 19

Active rest day around the house. I’ve had some aching leg pain today. Pretty sure I just didn’t get enough water in yesterday and I’m dehydrated. Next workout is my heavy squat day so it just worked out better to delay it at a day. Also some family stuff played a role in the decision

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 19

Active rest day around the house. I’ve had some aching leg pain today. Pretty sure I just didn’t get enough water in yesterday and I’m dehydrated. Next workout is my heavy squat day so it just worked out better to delay it at a day. Also some family stuff played a role in the decision
Always better to get a rest day and kill the workout the next day!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Major gains log

Day 20

Training Day - Legs and Back

- - 5/3/1 Lift - -
Squat
- 5 x 210, 3 x 240, 3 x 270

Accessory Work

Minor leg and back work

Preworkout
- Bloodshot

Daily Supps

- Orange Triad
- Variety of BCAA's

Calories - 2400
Protein - 210
Carbs - 210
Fats - 80

Finished work early today so I squeezed in this workout before picking up my kids. I wasn’t feeling strong but I at least hit my numbers and added 2 more reps onto the final set of 270

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I’ve also figured out my testosterone levels. My reading of 22.3 nmol/L converts to 642 ng/dl

From quick research I believe those are normal enough levels. For any of you that know yours where do you fall?

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My test sits at 280 after multiple testing - natty levels pre touching anything hormonal

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry just trying to learn more about it.. is that a level you are happy with and feel good day to day?
Nope
Feel horrible , don’t sleep well, get lethargic after eating , sometimes the wife has to work to keep me working throughout lol , always had a hard time cutting, work my ass off for minimal results - but I never give up and go hard and make up for bodies natural production or lack of

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I’ve also figured out my testosterone levels. My reading of 22.3 nmol/L converts to 642 ng/dl

From quick research I believe those are normal enough levels. For any of you that know yours where do you fall?
Mine was a little over 300. On TRT now and feel much better. Ive been wondering for years why i was always tired and lethargic and just feeling like crap. Testosterone (or the lack of it) was the culprit. Before i started i did a ton of research and come to find out that opiate use can negitively effect testosterone production and me being in recovery from a pretty hardcore (to put it lightly) opiate addiction realized that that must have been what caused mine to go down. Cause i was in really good shape, ate healthy (most of the time), worked out often and just lived an active lifestyle even while using. So it seemed strange to me that i was just so worn down, tired, depressed all the time and didnt have much of a libido. Thankfully this has helped alot

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Nope
Feel horrible , don’t sleep well, get lethargic after eating , sometimes the wife has to work to keep me working throughout lol , always had a hard time cutting, work my ass off for minimal results - but I never give up and go hard and make up for bodies natural production or lack of
Oh sorry that sounds rough man!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mine was a little over 300. On TRT now and feel much better. Ive been wondering for years why i was always tired and lethargic and just feeling like crap. Testosterone (or the lack of it) was the culprit. Before i started i did a ton of research and come to find out that opiate use can negitively effect testosterone production and me being in recovery from a pretty hardcore (to put it lightly) opiate addiction realized that that must have been what caused mine to go down. Cause i was in really good shape, ate healthy (most of the time), worked out often and just lived an active lifestyle even while using. So it seemed strange to me that i was just so worn down, tired, depressed all the time and didnt have much of a libido. Thankfully this has helped alot
Glad you got things turned around. Stay Strong !

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Major gains log

Day 21

Training Day - Chest and Shoulders

- - 5/3/1 Lift - -
Bench
- 5 x 170, 5 x 195, 6+2 x 220

Accessory Work

Crushed some serious accessory work! Arms and shoulders were just popping and for sure went up a cup size with my chest pump tonight!

Preworkout
- CL

Daily Supps

- Orange Triad
- Variety of BCAA's

Calories - 2400
Protein - 210
Carbs - 210
Fats - 80

The pump and everything was great but I’m not feeling very strong physically or mentally. Hoping it’s just a couple day thing and I can get back on track! Closer to the end of bottle 1 I’ll weigh back in and get on the same scale that I did my body fat % on. I know they aren’t exact but I’ll check it multiple times over a few days and take the average again

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice chest and shoulders day! Hopefully you can get back on track today!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Major gains log

Day 22

Training Day - Back and Legs

- - 5/3/1 Lift - -
Deadlift
- 5 x 255, 5 x 295, 5 x 335

Accessory Work

Key accessory work today was meadows rows again. 100% going to be a staple in my back work!

Preworkout
- Quake

Daily Supps

- Orange Triad
- Variety of BCAA's

Calories - 2400
Protein - 210
Carbs - 210
Fats - 80

Struggled and failed to hit some of my numbers on my leg accessory work

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update. Next leg day you will crush those numbers hopefully:)

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Major gains log

Day 23

Training Day - Chest and Shoulders

- - 5/3/1 Lift - -
OHP
- 5 x 100, 5 x 120, 5 x 135

Accessory Work

A little of shoulders and chest but decided my legs needed more work after yesterday’s leg day so I did some good calves, leg extensions and lunges. Did some ab work as well.

Preworkout
- Pre-Kaged

Daily Supps

- Orange Triad
- Variety of BCAA's

Calories - 2400
Protein - 210
Carbs - 210
Fats - 80

Not sure what to think right now. I do feel like I’m getting leaner and seeing a bit more abs. When everything is on point with my 2400 calories I believe it’s a good number for me to slowly lose weight. When I weigh in and do progress pics there should be a reasonable weight drop and I’m hopefully for a visual difference. With taking major gains during this time and slight caloric deficit I was hopeful for little better recovery. Time will tell how my numbers compare closer to the end of my major gains run when I test my 1RM at what should be a lower weight and leaner than the last time I tested them shortly before this run started.

Sorry just rambling off some thoughts while my 3 little monsters are playing going wild lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good cardio sess. 3 miles is the sweet spot for me when I do cardio.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I ran (1) 5K in my life !!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
IMG_7373.JPG

Feeding my son just like me! A little leftover sausage from the weekend with some scrambled eggs

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity how do you guys feel about Doggcrapp training?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity how do you guys feel about Doggcrapp training?
It makes me feel like dog crap... Just kidding i dont even know anything about it lol i knew it was a thing thats about it

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Feeding my son just like me! A little leftover sausage from the weekend with some scrambled eggs
Nice protein & fat packed meal:)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is my normal Sunday Morning Breakfast !!