Next PES Insider Deal???

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
FINALLY landed, tomorrow I'll taste all of them, bought all of the three flavours :)

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Well I had that Apple cinnamon last night. Seem to have a stronger cinnamon flavor than it did apple. Was good but I still think pb/honey and maple/Brown sugar are my favorites with PB taking the top spot by a slim margin.
totally agree with you analysis. I thought the same with Apple Cinnamon. Too much Cinnamon for me. But at first I loved the maple brown sugar and then I had the PB Honey and stole the top place. :) just by a bit tho!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FINALLY landed, tomorrow I'll taste all of them, bought all of the three flavours :)
Yea buddy! Oh happy day! Make sure you check in and give some feedback! :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
totally agree with you analysis. I thought the same with Apple Cinnamon. Too much Cinnamon for me. But at first I loved the maple brown sugar and then I had the PB Honey and stole the top place. :) just by a bit tho!
For sure. It tastes great but the cinnamon definitely over powers the apple flavoring. Just finished up another bowl of PB honey proats now. I'm hooked.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
so.... got my proats

I have tested them with water initially to completely "understand the flavour", then tested with organic sugar free oat drink, then with cashew milk (organic as well no sugar) and eventually mixed with pure fine oats (organic and gluten free) and blueberries.

maple syrup and brown sugar
taste good, very good, but nothing "incredible" to me, it is very much sugary tho. I liked this especially with the oat drink.

apple cinnamon
boom, this is the most sugary one and cinnamon is very strong while apple is gently noticeable, I liked this especially with the cashew milk.

peanut butter and honey
this is by far the best one, it's basically like having the PB2 lol, it's very strong with peanut butter flavour and very sugary, tastes like PB2 with sugar to me but doesn't have the fats in the PB2 so WIN WIN :). I liked this especially with cashew and 10g of pure fine oats_blueberries.

Overall great flavours, and I maybe can understand why this are not flavour present with the Select, they would have been maybe too much sugary or strong, the quantity I used is roughly 20-22g which is basically the quantity of product present in the "serving" showed on the label.

They can be mixed with proteins I am sure, I can't wait to test CPBC + peanut butter and honey proats BOOM ahahah maybe it'll be too strong let's see.

Again tho, this is more like a "non-pro" product for "normal ppl" that wants to enjoy their oats with great taste and having some proteins added to their breakfast, OR, just a simple way to have some variation with the protein shakes since you can mix them easily and make it even a better shake :p

Hope to see one of this flavours with the next select product, hopefully with more proteins per serving.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Tried all 3 for me

Apple Cinnamon > Maple & Brown Sugar > Peanut Butter Honey

Apple Cinnamon - I am a bit bias here for starters I love absolutely love Apple Pie and Cinnamon being raised in an English house hold Apple Pie was a near daily thing :p served with cheddar ofc.. Ben knows wuts up. The Apple Cinnamon was bold well done def stands out will be trying it in cooked buckwheat next.

Maple and Brown Sugar - Super impressive such a spot on flavoring and I would liken it to Quaker Oats Maple and Brown Sugar so not sure what anyone else would expect but its spot on. Very good.

My least favorite was the Peanut Butter and Honey it was pretty good but felt the other 2 flavors just massively over shadowed the simplicity of the Peanut Butter and Honey. Would like to add a caveat here on this; It would take something near a miracle for a peanut butter powder to ever impress me think "Big Spoon Roasters" which does hand selected nuts and carefully chooses the ingredients in their nut butters and I am just not even sure that is in any way possible to encompass their final product in the form of a powder but that's what it would take for a peanut butter flavored anything to crack into #1 spot for me. I am not saying it was bad mind you its very good just not #1 good :p

Well done on all 3 of these PES, very impressive.

p.s. Bring back that old Alphamine in that Appletini and Magarita flavors ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for the feedback brothers!

Man idk which will be top of these 3 overall I'm seeing a variety of answers on ratings!

Plus in the 22 sample bags being sent I was requested each flavour about equally

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Man idk which will be top of these 3 overall I'm seeing a variety of answers on ratings!

Plus in the 22 sample bags being sent I was requested each flavour about equally
Just got notification that my sample order is processing :)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Got a few of each flavour, only decent one for me is the peanut butter. Apple you really get over after a few times and maple is just average.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got my email, as well.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established

Protein4Oats in cooked buckwheat ( 42g )

Was very good mixed up just as easily as it did in the rolled oats in with the cooked buckwheat used about 2 ounces of fairlife added in once it cooled slightly to mix the Apple Cinnamon powder in with it the flavors shined through very well here def pretty awesome in the buckwheat as well as the rolled oats.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So apple cinn comes through strong even in buckeheat and rolled oats, good to hear!

You finding it sweeter than standard Select as some others have?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So apple cinn comes through strong even in buckeheat and rolled oats, good to hear!

You finding it sweeter than standard Select as some others have?
I personally have found it very sweet in a good way. Very strong flavoring!

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
all the flavors are excellent

and I say that as I have only had them as shakes, have not put them in oats once lol

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had the chance to try each flavor. Tastes are well done for most people, I guess. For me it is far too sweet, but I already have a similar issue with Select. Would be nice to have less sweet and more natural options, but maybe there is not so much demand for it

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

PES Protein 4 Oats Review

Taste

Maple Brown Sugar - Just like the Quaker instant oatmeal packets you can buy in the store, the Protein4Oats flavor is almost an exact replica. The taste hits you straight away with a dense maple flavor, and shortly after the luscious brown sugar takes over on your taste buds. If you grew up eating those instant packets and loved them, this flavor is definitely for you. The added sweetness of the brown sugar is stronger in the Protein 4 Oats compared to the single serve packets from the grocery store. Another bonus is that this has no artificial flavoring to it at all (as some instant oatmeal packets do with the maple flavoring).

As A Shake:

The Brown sugar flavor is totally masked. This mixes pretty similar to Frosted Chocolate Cupcake and Chocolate PB Cup Select which is on the thin side. I found that White Chocolate Mint & Vanilla regular select mix thicker. If you like the thinner consistency of those flavors you will enjoy this. This is almost pure maple with the brown sugar being subtle at most. It was hard to pick up.

As Sludge:

This was the worst way to use the Protein 4 Oats. You can barley taste any of the flavor. This was 2 servings (40g) of Protein 4 Oats mixed with 6oz of greek yogurt. This got rid of the tartness of the greek yogurt, but both the maple and brown sugar were totally faded.
Mixability

For those who have had PES Select they know it mixes with ease. Even as a blend the protein powder has no problems or leaves no clumps. I prefer the thicker protein shakes or protein pudding. PES Protein 4 Oats on paper contains the same formula as PES Select without the thickening agent (Guar Gum), so this mixes on the thin side.. Since it is a protein powder you can still use it mixed into yogurt and protein shakes, but will not be as thick as regular select.

When Mixed into oatmeal there is 0 problems. After the oatmeal cools out of the microwave (or stovetop) then mix in your protein powder. Give it a few swirls and it should be dissolved with ease and no clumps.

\

Formula

Ingredients

Regular Select Ingredients

Per Packet:
1.5g Fat
3g Carb
15g Protein

Per serving of the protein 4 oatmeal it is a genuine idea for so many people who make oatmeal with protein powder mixed in. It gives you the regular select blend (MPI, Whey, and Casein) . The only change from select is the taking away of the thickening agent (Guar Gum). This comes in bags instead of tubs, so basically it is just different flavors of regular select, but made to be a thinner protein powder.

Cost

You can always get 30% off on the insider with code “DRIVEN”. This will help you save some money. You can get 36 packets and mix and match the 3 flavors (to get 12 servings of each). In essence each serving is under $1 a pop at 36 servings for $30. The only downside is its 15g of protein compared to the 20+ in regular select. So it has a bit more carbs per serving and you do not get as much protein. While this is marketed towards flavored oatmeal yes it is a good idea, but I would rather see the new flavors in regular 2lb tubs. Many PES consumers use the regular flavors to mix into oatmeal already, and do so with ease!

bdcc Driven2lift LiveToLift

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
IMG_1505599012.356287.jpg
arrived just this moment. Will try tonight or tomorrow

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Goodies all around!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Maple Brown Sugar Review:

Followed directions to the letter with 1/2c rolled oats and 1/4c P4O.

I've made proats both by adding the powder before cooking as well as after. I find that if I add it before (basically cooking in a shake) it tends to work best but I decided to follow the directions and cook first, add after.

The powder is nearly identical to regular select, maybe slightly "lighter"/fluffier. I was surprised as I expected these to basically instantly mix into nothing but what I found was that there was still a very slight clumping in my hot oats. It mixed reasonably smooth, but there were still a bunch of those tiny "powder balls" that stuck around. Now these were much smaller than any normal powder but still not "smooth".

It certainly doesn't thicken up your oats either like other powders will. You have to be very careful how much fluid you leave in the cooked oats as these won't absorb/thicken like normal. You can basically cook them how you like them (consistency) and then add the powder and only have them be VERY slightly thicker.

Flavor- as many have said, the maple brown sugar is very reminiscent of the packet version. I found that the brown sugar is BY FAR the dominant flavor and the maple is basically an afterthought. If you don't look for it you prob wouldn't even guess maple. The flavor was also milder than I expected. I have a big sweet tooth and like that the packets are usually very sweet. This was sweet, but the flavor not as bold as a packet.

Overall thoughts - for being so "special" I honestly expected more. The flavor is def the highlight but as far as the mix, consistency, and profile, I'm just not overly impressed.

Are they good? Yes. Are they better than a regular select in the same flavor would be? IMO, not a chance. The price:profile:additional "benefits" just doesn't add up for me.

I'll try a few other ways over the next few weeks (shake/ice cream) and see if I find a niche that works better for me.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are sample packs still available???
They will be available at some point, yes.

Our ETA fell slightly behind with hurricane Irma going right over Florida.

all the flavors are excellent

and I say that as I have only had them as shakes, have not put them in oats once lol
lol, the owner of a UK retailer has been selling loads of these already and messaged me saying "I don't like oats so I am going to drink them as a shake". I warned him how sweet they would be but he adjusted the water quantity and went with it anyway. He loved them lol.

I had the chance to try each flavor. Tastes are well done for most people, I guess. For me it is far too sweet, but I already have a similar issue with Select. Would be nice to have less sweet and more natural options, but maybe there is not so much demand for it
We have to hedge our bets with product sweetness as everyone has their own preference. Generally speaking, all of our proteins get consistently great reviews so we feel that the sweetness is where it needs to be. Obviously some people may prefer products more or less sweet so they can change the liquid/oat to protein ratios to suit their personal preference.

For me I am the opposite and love them sweeter so I drink Select in less water. :)

Hack75

Hack75

Awards
Maybe this will change the topic away from the oats talk.

New forum title: Oats talk 24/7

Who's in???

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maple Brown Sugar Review:

Followed directions to the letter with 1/2c rolled oats and 1/4c P4O.

I've made proats both by adding the powder before cooking as well as after. I find that if I add it before (basically cooking in a shake) it tends to work best but I decided to follow the directions and cook first, add after.

The powder is nearly identical to regular select, maybe slightly "lighter"/fluffier. I was surprised as I expected these to basically instantly mix into nothing but what I found was that there was still a very slight clumping in my hot oats. It mixed reasonably smooth, but there were still a bunch of those tiny "powder balls" that stuck around. Now these were much smaller than any normal powder but still not "smooth".

It certainly doesn't thicken up your oats either like other powders will. You have to be very careful how much fluid you leave in the cooked oats as these won't absorb/thicken like normal. You can basically cook them how you like them (consistency) and then add the powder and only have them be VERY slightly thicker.

Flavor- as many have said, the maple brown sugar is very reminiscent of the packet version. I found that the brown sugar is BY FAR the dominant flavor and the maple is basically an afterthought. If you don't look for it you prob wouldn't even guess maple. The flavor was also milder than I expected. I have a big sweet tooth and like that the packets are usually very sweet. This was sweet, but the flavor not as bold as a packet.

Overall thoughts - for being so "special" I honestly expected more. The flavor is def the highlight but as far as the mix, consistency, and profile, I'm just not overly impressed.

Are they good? Yes. Are they better than a regular select in the same flavor would be? IMO, not a chance. The price:profile:additional "benefits" just doesn't add up for me.

I'll try a few other ways over the next few weeks (shake/ice cream) and see if I find a niche that works better for me.
Thank you for the review bro. I can't say that I've noticed any of the clumping or powder pockets you speak of like I notice constantly with my protein powder I use for oats but different experiences are expected. I agree the flavor is definitely very pleasing. Once again appreciate the no bs feedback. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did recently grab some of the instant flavored oats that my boys use instead of my usual oats and can say peaches and Maple/brown sugar are not the way to go! It wasn't horrible but it was definitely not the best flavor combo which should have been obvious but I was in a rush and grabbed them. Lol

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have my maple brown sugar Protein for Oats. Will be using next week mixed with cream of rice as my preworkout meal

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
so.... I have been experimenting a bit.....

PreWO -->

50g blueberries (you can even make it without, your choice)
1x scoop of CPBP
1/2x scoop of Proats Apple Cinnamon
70ml cashew organic unsweetened milk

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! I can't believe how good it is mixing these two! I wasn't expecting this as apple cinnamon doesn't really match with CPBC but hey...... try!!!! please try!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so.... I have been experimenting a bit.....

PreWO -->

50g blueberries (you can even make it without, your choice)
1x scoop of CPBP
1/2x scoop of Proats Apple Cinnamon
70ml cashew organic unsweetened milk

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! I can't believe how good it is mixing these two! I wasn't expecting this as apple cinnamon doesn't really match with CPBC but hey...... try!!!! please try!
Normally I don't like mixing flavours. I don't know why, it is this weird thing I have.

This is such a strange combination I am actually going to give it a go because this either has to taste amazing or you are insane lol.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Normally I don't like mixing flavours. I don't know why, it is this weird thing I have.

This is such a strange combination I am actually going to give it a go because this either has to taste amazing or you are insane lol.
Hahahahah I was mixing the vanilla with the apple cinnamon and it was great than I got bored and tested the CPBC and I was amazed and surprised of how good they are together... let me know :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahahahah I was mixing the vanilla with the apple cinnamon and it was great than I got bored and tested the CPBC and I was amazed and surprised of how good they are together... let me know :)
Wow that does sound like a crazy mix. Worth giving it a try though if you are this enthusiastic about it! Lol

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am, please try!
Currently out of CPBC but will have some ordered this week. I'll definitely give it a go when it comes in. Although I could check if I have some in a sample packet laying around. ?

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Please share your feedbacks guys maybe my tastes are crazy lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Too early on for me to want to mix these quite yet, but I always do eventually so I shall remember this

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too early on for me to want to mix these quite yet, but I always do eventually so I shall remember this
I have had my order in a while and haven't truthfully felt the need yet. I will definitely start tinkering though.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't get much better than a late night p4o snack attack! M/BS was my choice tonight and it was delicious!

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't get much better than a late night p4o snack attack! M/BS was my choice tonight and it was delicious!
Mine continues to be CPBC+Apple Cinnamon..... it’s addictive!!!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've still yet to get my CPBC in so I'll stay jealous for now! Going to check the cupboards one last time tonight for a sample pack to mix in and give it a try.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
I've still yet to get my CPBC in so I'll stay jealous for now! Going to check the cupboards one last time tonight for a sample pack to mix in and give it a try.
Just had it!!! Hahahah

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20171001_130220.jpg

Well I got a chance to give it a shot. It was pretty good but I think the half serving was over powered by the apple cinnamon.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 155974
Well I got a chance to give it a shot. It was pretty good but I think the half serving was over powered by the apple cinnamon.
Trust me...

I usually do this

1 and a half scoop of CPBC
1/2 Select scoop of cinnamon apple p4oats

Try! :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Xrkc6x lol you are so confident in your assertions of how good your mixtures are that we all become kind of curious, then need to try it

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trust me...

I usually do this

1 and a half scoop of CPBC
1/2 Select scoop of cinnamon apple p4oats

Try! :)
That would be the difference I used double the apple cinnamon to cpbp ratio.