Legacyfighter's Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So much fun to see the young guys creating the chronic pains they'll live with when they are middle aged!

But hey, I boxed and messed up my hands/nose, so we all do it and that's what makes us who we are! Just remember this when you turn 30 and wonder why your back hurts!

Best of luck in the game, lots of Aleve!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milas: Thanks a bunch man. I've already decided that I'm playing regardles. I'm too competitive to let this keepme from playing. I think its more of an annoyance than a serious injury.

Jhermam: thanks bro, I really appreciate it. Its nice to see that everyone in this competition has everyone elses back
pun intended?:wink1:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Mich: I was hoping someone would notice, though it was a bit cheezy.

Last night I got a short workout in, I tried to relax my erectors on every exercise to keep from tweaking my back any more.

Machine Incline: 140x15,15,15
Machine Row: 100x15,15,15
leg ext:145x15,15,15
Leg Curl: 95x15,15,15
pecdeck: 145x15,15,15
machine lateral raise:90x15,15,15
tricep ext: 90x15,15,15
bicep curl: 85x15,15,15

i had a really good pump after this, though im not sure it didnt make my back worse...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh just be careful with it man and go a little lighter for a bit. I had to keep my spine as vertical and straight as possible for a couple weeks before it healed up. I'm sure you are not as bad as I was, but I couldn't do rows, squats, or any bending and compression of the spine for a while

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of the exercises might actually help provided they're done at a lighter weight and slowly using them to stretch you out...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some of the exercises might actually help provided they're done at a lighter weight and slowly using them to stretch you out...
very true here.squats surprisingly helped when I tweaked my back awhile ago.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Man i had a rough weekend. Thursday night, back was still hurting pretty bad, and then i got a stomach bug. I was crapping my brains out ALL night. Friday, the stomach bug was still hitting me hard all day. I had to work a double, then drive 4 hours to stay with my parents before my rugby match on saturday. Had to pull over 4 times on the way home. I finally got back at 4am, and I couldn't get to sleep for a while because my back was hurting so bad from the pulled muscle. Saturday morning I woke up and the back pain was gone, and the stomach bug was on its last legs. Then made the two hour drive to the rugby match. I played fine, but I was getting tired FAST because I was dehydrated from the stomach bug. But, we won our matrix championship. After the game I had six hours left of driving time. Got back around 1 this morning, and am finally feeling normal. I'm going to get a workout in in a few hours, it will be moderate heavy full body. It should be fun.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to see you got through it man. That sounds like it was hell, and no fun. Its nice to see that it is behind you though...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea Rick, definitely glad its over. The rugby game was worth it, we just won our matrix, now its time to win conference, then nationals!!!!

Today's Workout:

Squat: 225x5,275x3,315x8,335x8 (no wraps)
Bench Press: 225x5,275x9 PR, 225x15
Deadstop Bent over row: 225x8,8
Rack Deads (knee): 315x8,365x8,425x8
Pull ups: BWx20

Today was definitely a pretty solid workout. I think the 335x8 may have been a wrapless PR, which I'm definitely happy with. I'm pretty stoked about bench press too. It felt good today, though I need to tighten up my form on higher rep sets. I didn't want to get to crazy with rack deads today, but 425 felt pretty good. Pull ups also felt good.

This week starts the beginning of getting really really tight with the diet. Things are really going to start getting dialed in, everything will be perfect from here on out, including cheat days. Just over a month left of this competition. Time to get serious.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I have trained some ball players and they just can't train full tilt during the season. You seem to be hitting it pretty hard for someone who is actively participating in a contact sport...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
DW: Most athletes can't but I only have practice two nights a week and there isn't a lot of contact in practice. If we had heavy hitting practices twice a week, it would be a different story. Oh, and I'll definitely be overtrained by the end of this competition, i'm just flirting with the line as long as I can. Also, remember, i'm used to having 8-12 training sessions a week between sports and lifting, since the time I was like 8, lol.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Workout 1:

Jog: 1/2 mile
PLYOS
Lateral Hops: 30
Broad Jumps: 10 (averaging 10ft per jump)
Vertical Jumps: 6 (got really high on these)

SPRINTS
20m: 5
30m: 4
40m: 2
50m: 2

1st session was good today. I felt really explosive on all my plyos and really fast on all my sprints. Definitely a good session. I need to add 1 or 2 of these days a week in. Its just hard to find time, and adding it in now would probably push me into an overtrained state.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I have trained some ball players and they just can't train full tilt during the season. You seem to be hitting it pretty hard for someone who is actively participating in a contact sport...
I was thinking this as well.leg is def putting in some serious work.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW: Most athletes can't but I only have practice two nights a week and there isn't a lot of contact in practice. If we had heavy hitting practices twice a week, it would be a different story. Oh, and I'll definitely be overtrained by the end of this competition, i'm just flirting with the line as long as I can. Also, remember, i'm used to having 8-12 training sessions a week between sports and lifting, since the time I was like 8, lol.
Yah you're flirting with that fine line for sure... just 5 weeks left.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Just got some good news this week at rugby practice. Apparently I'll be in the starting 15 in our final game of the regular season. Pretty stoked about it. I should be starting from here on out as well.

Today's Workout:

Leg Press: 315x15,15,15
Calf Press: 315x15,15,15
Bench Press: 205x15,15,15
Pull ups: BWx15,15,15
Machine Military: 210x15,15,15
Machine Rows: 145x15,15,15
Leg Curl: 100x15,15,15
Machine Bicep Curls: 90x15,15,15
Machine Tricep Ext: 90x15,15,15
DB Lateral Raise: 30'sx10,10,10
Push ups: BWx50

Rugby Practice: 90 minutes

Food today:
Meal 1: Protein Shake
Meal 2: tilapia and 2 cups brocc
Meal 3: tilapia and 2 cups cauliflower
Meal 4: Grilled Chicken salad
Meal 5: Protein shake
Meal 6: 4 eggs and 1 cup brocc, 1 cup cauliflower

This is probably what my diet will look like for the last 4 weeks. Not really looking forward to it, but I can deal with monotony.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great news congrats.solid workout as well.u gotta love when hard work pays off.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on your starting position man.

From the looks of that diet and the training to go with it, you should be pretty ripped up by the end of this. I just hope your body can take it and you don't hit a wall in the meantime...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I must have forgotten to post it, but I went on a two week bulk using the same dieting principles last week and the week before. I gained a few pounds, nothing major. I figured i would try to spike my metabolism a bit before getting REALLY strict with my diet. Lets see how it goes. Thanks for the congratulations guys. Looking forward to Saturday.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That diets gotta be rough! I'd be hungry as all hell all day long! But keep it up man, you're doing great!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be honest, hunger isnt really the issue. I just keep forcing down more and more green veggies till i'm no longer hungry. The diet has gotten more and more difficult to stick to though. The refeed days have made me crave carbs SOOOOO much more throughout the week. its absolutely nuts.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout:

100 Body weight Squats
50 Burpees
100 Pushups
and lots of fasted cardio

This workout wasn't done straight through, but it was completed throughout the day. I really wish I could have gotten my workout in on monday or today, but working 16 hours a day is not cohesive with working out...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's workout:

100 Body weight Squats
50 Burpees
100 Pushups
and lots of fasted cardio

This workout wasn't done straight through, but it was completed throughout the day. I really wish I could have gotten my workout in on monday or today, but working 16 hours a day is not cohesive with working out...
I agree thats a rough match up

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh work gets in the way for me all the time too. It blows and trying to get all my gym time in while working 50-60 hours a week is a chore.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday:

20m sprint: 15
100m spring: 1

Workout:
Squat: 225x5,275x5, 335x6, 275x12
Bench Press: 225x5,275x8,225x15
Bent Over Row: 225x12,10
Machine Military: 310x12,10
Pull ups: 45lbx12,12

Workout was short and sweet. No PRs today. I feel like the sprints took quite a bit more out of me than I thought they would. Next time will be a bit better. Been tired this week too. I'm sure that didn't help with the lifting session any.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on starting. Rubgy players are a special breed. I know one ex professional Rugby at our gym and he's built like a brick. Not particularly huge, just solid and strong as fak.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Volcom: thanks for the congrats man. I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow evening after the game. Should be interesting for sure.

Today's Workout:
Pull ups: BWx12,12,12
PecDeck: 175x12,12
Machine Lateral Raises: 140x12,12
Leg Extension: 305x10 PR,250x12
Leg Curl: 200x10,10
DB Curls: 45x10,10
Cable Tri Ext: 85x12,100x12

Nice short and sweet session. I had about 17 minutes to get the full workout in, so I was busting my butt, very small rest periods. I feel like i'm finally starting to lean out a bit again. Hoping that my mini bulk was not a waste of two weeks of dieting. I've got a pretty sweet front relaxed comparison already, but I need some drastic changes to happen over the next 30 days.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll end up coming out of this contest ripped to shreds! You have been killing it since day one man

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll end up coming out of this contest ripped to shreds! You have been killing it since day one man
couldn't have said it better myself :usa2:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Rock and Mich. I busted my ass today as well. I played the full game at Flanker today. LOTS of running and hitting at that position. The smallest guy I hit today was about 230 and the biggest was 320. I smashed the 320 guy, form tackled him at full speed, lifted him, turned him sideways and slammed him, then poached the ball. Man i love Rugby. I swear it boosts testosterone by like 3,000,000,000 %. We won our final game of the regular season and are officially undefeated two years in a row in our conference. Now its time for nationals!!!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
The last few days I haven't had near enough sleep, and I'm pretty sore from the rugby game. Gym performance wasn't the best today, but it wasn't too bad.

today's Workout:

Bench Press: 225x5,265x3,295x3,225x12
Leg Ext: 175x15,15
Leg Curl:110x15,15
Calf Press: 350x12,380x12
Pull ups: 15,15
Machine Lateral Raise: 75x20,20
Preacher Curl: 55x15,15
Face Pulls: 70x15,15
Push Ups: 50

Today my diet got a little more intense. It will remain to do so weekly until the end of the competition. Instead of 3.5 days of super low calories, I'm now at 4.5 days of super low calorie. 30 minutes low intensity fasted cardio will be performed every morning. This will be adjusted upward as the 25th gets closer.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Them little changes could really make the difference as you get lower in bodyfat and this contest winds down. It should leave you pretty good at the end of this.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're the one dude I'm most worried about getting more cut...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Milas. Hopefully i'll be able to give you a run for your money. You've definitely been putting in the work too. As I stated before, we started off with similar body fat and muscle mass to height ratios. We will definitely be getting compared a lot when it comes down to final pics. Its going to be really fun to see how things pan out. Keep on keeping on.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today, I did about an hour of fasted cardio walking up and down a lot of hills around town. The strict dieting is still going well. Tomorrow will be hell for many reasons. I've got to be at work at 6:20 am. Then class, then study for a test, then class, eat, workout, Rugby, eat, homework, bed. Tomorrow will easily be an 18 hour day... freaking sucks.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm definitely interested in seeing how you come out of this. I know you and Milas will both be ripped along with some others that will be right there with ya like DW, quarcus, Volcom, and so many others...

This will be fun to see for sure

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today, I did about an hour of fasted cardio walking up and down a lot of hills around town. The strict dieting is still going well. Tomorrow will be hell for many reasons. I've got to be at work at 6:20 am. Then class, then study for a test, then class, eat, workout, Rugby, eat, homework, bed. Tomorrow will easily be an 18 hour day... freaking sucks.
Yah welcome to Hell :firedevil: ain't prep a peach!!! :saevilw:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah welcome to Hell :firedevil: ain't prep a peach!!! :saevilw:

I must say you guys are great motivators with this intense and disciplined work you have been putting in :yup:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's Workout:

Rugby Practice: 90 minutes 4v4 touch. (killer conditioning)

BW Pullups: 100
Bench Press: 185x100
Lateral Raises: 3x10x30lbs
Jog: 20 minutes

I didn't do any leg work yesterday because i thought I had torn my left meniscus yet again. It was hurting pretty good, and I didn't want to put much unnecessary stress on it. Unfortunately I only got 30 minutes of sleep last night.

Today, 30 minutes fasted cardio. Also, an hour of regular cardio. Diet is still on point. The leaning effects are definitely showing more and more. The definition in my quads is really starting to come out. I'm still waiting on some striations though.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday's Workout:

Rugby Practice: 90 minutes 4v4 touch. (killer conditioning)

BW Pullups: 100
Bench Press: 185x100
Lateral Raises: 3x10x30lbs
Jog: 20 minutes

I didn't do any leg work yesterday because i thought I had torn my left meniscus yet again. It was hurting pretty good, and I didn't want to put much unnecessary stress on it. Unfortunately I only got 30 minutes of sleep last night.

Today, 30 minutes fasted cardio. Also, an hour of regular cardio. Diet is still on point. The leaning effects are definitely showing more and more. The definition in my quads is really starting to come out. I'm still waiting on some striations though.
def have your meniscus checked out.the faster you catch it the easier things might be.I've watched 3 people go through it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow the battle scars are starting to pile up... hope we all survive this...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quad striations? How 'bout dem glutes?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow the battle scars are starting to pile up... hope we all survive this...
this^^^^ all you guys in this contest are killing **** and yourselves.amazing work is being done in this contest.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this^^^^ all you guys in this contest are killing **** and yourselves.amazing work is being done in this contest.
True, this has to be said though, I am a nut... Yah I said it I am quite insane when it comes to training and I don't always make smart decisions and have a tendancy to push too hard. I am a bit smarter than I was and that's why I can compose this caveat. Guys don't push yourselves so hard that you damage you're health, I wiould hate to think that my insane lifestyle were an example for someone to go too far. Once and a while step back and assess what you are doing. Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with working your ass off, just remember you have a lot of life left to live. :soapbox:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, this has to be said though, I am a nut... Yah I said it I am quite insane when it comes to training and I don't always make smart decisions and have a tendancy to push too hard. I am a bit smarter than I was and that's why I can compose this caveat. Guys don't push yourselves so hard that you damage you're health, I wiould hate to think that my insane lifestyle were an example for someone to go too far. Once and a while step back and assess what you are doing. Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with working your ass off, just remember you have a lot of life left to live. :soapbox:

April Fools!!! :firedevil::firedevil:

No seriously don't overdo it.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Milas: Don't worry, i'm still pushing for glute striations, but the quads should come in first. My abs are starting to show veins in random places, not just lower abs.

DW: I don't think i'm pushing myself TOO hard yet, just hard enough. Drastic goals often require drastic measures to achieve. I'm pulling out all the stops. If I get a few minor injuries in the process, i'm fine with it, as long as it doesnt deter from the goal.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today's Workout:

Squats: 225x5,275x3,315,3,345x3,375x4 (was really wanting 6)
Incline: 225x3,235x3,245x3,255x3,265x3 PR?
Bent Over Rows: 225x5,245x3,225x5
Machine Military: 310x12,12
Pull Ups: BW+90x3,3,3

Nothing really extraordinary today. Incline felt pretty good. Squats felt a little heavy, but i've also been cutting, so its expected. Military felt really strong today. I still feel like i'm leaning up decently, but i'm still several pounds of fat from where I want to be. Things are going in the right direction though.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you still have some time to tighten things up and get those striations man. What weight are you at now and how much have you lost?

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Well currently i'm at 192.5. Pretty much the exact same weight as when i started, but I'm definitely a lot leaner. By the 25th, I'll probably be between 180 and 185.

Today, there was no workout, just recovery. Did a ton of walking at work today, can definitely count that as cardio. Waking up for some fasted cardio in the morning. Then a nice depletion session later in the day. These last few weeks are going to be interesting.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well currently i'm at 192.5. Pretty much the exact same weight as when i started, but I'm definitely a lot leaner. By the 25th, I'll probably be between 180 and 185.

Today, there was no workout, just recovery. Did a ton of walking at work today, can definitely count that as cardio. Waking up for some fasted cardio in the morning. Then a nice depletion session later in the day. These last few weeks are going to be interesting.
a few weeks left to kill some ****!!!!:fest30: