KLEEN's Quest for PRIME! A transformation contest log.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to see someone acknowledge that it's "tougher" than football, LOL. No safety gear either, except for a mouthguard - not like your footballers who look like they're getting ready for war. Trust me, rugby can get brutal - I looked after the boys for a couple of years and I definitely saw a few things that would make you more than wince :D

~Rosie~
I played both and have to disagree rugby contact is about 1/2 as violent as football contact, I fugged some folks up in football much worse than rugby ... you see people think football equipment is for protection .... not so much they're weapons. When I make a hit in football my intentions is to completely enhilate someone .. when I do it in Rugby I am trying to stop his progress. There is a bit of the big hit in rugby but it's what football is all about. I was an assasin in football and I enjoyed it. I was also a goon in hockey :)

Sure you got more minor injuries in rugby a few broken bones etc.. but when I 300 lb man that runs a 4.8 40 hits you as hard as he can it's just light the fug out. I was not as big as that but that's how big and fast they are now.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I played both and have to disagree rugby contact is about 1/2 as violent as football contact, I fugged some folks up in football much worse than rugby ... you see people think football equipment is for protection .... not so much they're weapons. When I make a hit in football my intentions is to completely enhilate someone .. when I do it in Rugby I am trying to stop his progress. There is a bit of the big hit in rugby but it's what football is all about. I was an assasin in football and I enjoyed it. I was also a goon in hockey :)

Sure you got more minor injuries in rugby a few broken bones etc.. but when I 300 lb man that runs a 4.8 40 hits you as hard as he can it's just light the fug out. I was not as big as that but that's how big and fast they are now.
We'll agree to disagree :)

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh hell we didn't play helmet football or rugby it was straight back yard football until we all passed out, could't walk, or had to be carried to the ER!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great video of your daughter Kleen! I'm sure you are proud of her. I know how special it is to have a daughter and the bond it brings. I love both of my sons to death, but there is something about my daughter being "Daddy's girl".

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We'll agree to disagree :)

~Rosie~
Yah .. bottom line is I could play rugby now and probably not get too badly banged up ... it would be tough no doubt. I could play maybe one half of football and they would be carrying me out in a body bag.., I was fooking around with my son who is an offensive lineman 6' 2" 270 very fast. I tried a spin move and he almost broke my arm, I looked at him and he was smiling and I could see there really wasn't any effort involved on his part... reality set in...This 18 year old could kill me... I think you may receive more minor injuries playing rugby but football is the most violent game on earth. Anyhow now my sons career is over as he experienced a career ending back injury...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I don't know that it is tougher than football persay but the pace of it is definitely tougher. The amount of damage to the face was more what i was eluding too though. They don't have any face protection other than a mouth gaurd. Cleats and my face have nor reason to meet. After seeing some cleats rip a guys cheek fro under his eye almost to his ear I knew it was not something someone as vain as I am needed to be messing with.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I don't know that it is tougher than football persay but the pace of it is definitely tougher. The amount of damage to the face was more what i was eluding too though. They don't have any face protection other than a mouth gaurd. Cleats and my face have nor reason to meet. After seeing some cleats rip a guys cheek fro under his eye almost to his ear I knew it was not something someone as vain as I am needed to be messing with.
Oh without a doubt, it's gruelling that way... another thing is the playes have to have more than one skill football is more specialized by position...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so here is the workout I did this morning.

Barbell Curls 75x10, 115x8, 115x8>65x5 - 115x8 is pretty respectable considering they were very strict. Second set on 115 the last rep or two I may have used the tiniest body English but the first one was picture perfect.
Calves 270x20, 290x20, 310x20>270x20
Romanian Dead Lifts - 225x10, 315x8, 365x8, 405x8 PR!!!
Leg Extensions - 180x8, 200x8, 210x8>180x4
Leg Press - 495x12, 675x8, 855x8 WM 585x20 - Feet were really low on platform to put stress on the quads more.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards

I don't see how it's half as violent when there's ten times more contact in rugby. In NFL once your tackled play stops and you reset. In rugby when your tackled it's just the start, men piling on top trying to get the ball just to be rucked out of the way by someone's sprigs on their boots. When I played 1/15 rugby during college not only was there some decent hits but every game I walked off the field battered, bruised and bleeding and everyone of my teammates was exactly the same.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to sound crude, rude or offensive, but our playground game of choice was smear the queer, which was whoever had the ball, everybody tackles him. I'm not sure how that name came to be for that game though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to sound crude, rude or offensive, but our playground game of choice was smear the queer, which was whoever had the ball, everybody tackles him. I'm not sure how that name came to be for that game though.
We called that Hog...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see how it's half as violent when there's ten times more contact in rugby. In NFL once your tackled play stops and you reset. In rugby when your tackled it's just the start, men piling on top trying to get the ball just to be rucked out of the way by someone's sprigs on their boots. When I played 1/15 rugby during college not only was there some decent hits but every game I walked off the field battered, bruised and bleeding and everyone of my teammates was exactly the same.
You'd understand if I hit you ... lol .. seriously I personally have really fugged some people up and I weighed about 230 with average speed just think what a 270 lb man that runs very fast can do ....and who is close to twice my strength... there is no way I could have hit that hard as I did if I did not have the weapons, my helmet was my best weapon I knocked 3 guys cold at one practice in bull in the ring. Yah I got banged up playing rugby a lot of shyte goes down and you have no protection. It's just a football tacke is way more violent than a rugby tackle. I had cousins on the Canadian National rugby team that admitted to the same arguement I am making now. Rugby is a tough game but it is not a violent. More injuries in Rugby but football has more serious injuries...

It's the same thing in Hockey look how the injuries went up when then started making bigger shoulder pads... weapons...It's like saying two gladiators that have no weapons and armor have it tougher than the ones with weapons and protection... naybe but the weapons are deadlier...so maybe it's how you look at it. I will concede rugby is tougher football is more dangerous... symantics really..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Volc I think you know exactly how that name came to be. It used to be quite in style to bash gays both verbally and physically. However to think of it kind of funny that a game with homophobic name also had homophobic tendencies... Chasing men around to tackle them and get at their balls.

I used to love to play that game and I LOVED to have the ball. It gave me full license to aggressively go after everyone. I would get the ball and run straight at people half the time. Shouldering down and ramming this piss out of them for fun.

So I worked up a little more balanced plan for my growth over the next period. Not as big a swing on the food intake but close to the same average calories. Here is the screenshot.

macros and calories.jpg

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want some proof about football just youtube James Harrison haha.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volc I think you know exactly how that name came to be. It used to be quite in style to bash gays both verbally and physically. However to think of it kind of funny that a game with homophobic name also had homophobic tendencies... Chasing men around to tackle them and get at their balls.

I used to love to play that game and I LOVED to have the ball. It gave me full license to aggressively go after everyone. I would get the ball and run straight at people half the time. Shouldering down and ramming this piss out of them for fun.

So I worked up a little more balanced plan for my growth over the next period. Not as big a swing on the food intake but close to the same average calories. Here is the screenshot.

View attachment 62918

Did you design that app... looks good...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you design that app... looks good...
No it is at www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc I just tweeked the settings for myself. I used the sedentary setting to get cals closer to my caloric needs. Then I did a custom set up on my macros instead of following the pre programmed settings but the ones they have pre-made are not bad.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

lol, very clever.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, very clever.
Kleen... I cannot remember who shared that calculator with me, but that 1percentage IF calculator is awesome with dieting no matter how you use it, and I always use sedentary, closer to my caloric needs as well!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kleen... I cannot remember who shared that calculator with me, but that 1percentage IF calculator is awesome with dieting no matter how you use it, and I always use sedentary, closer to my caloric needs as well!
Yah I calculated where I will be the next 2 weeks to get cyber shredded :) it's on my log...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
New log link

I believe we both probably got it from the IF thread it has been posted there a couple times and a few of the guys swear by it. I just changed macros and calories to my preference and made good use of the formulas already being there.

Yah I calculated where I will be the next 2 weeks to get cyber shredded :) it's on my log...
I bet, you should look ridiculous.

Okay if you want to follow along with me and what I am doing then Try And Catch Up Mutha Fuggas!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I live in Georgia so you can guess what it was called haha.