KLEEN'S Corner - Where the Cool Kidz Kick It!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice!!! My son has never trained with me (as he goes to a gym), but my daughter has... feels good to help them out, and see them work so hard.
No doubt, and getting into lifting is probably where I got a lot of my work ethic from. So it could help him in other areas as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your son's so lucky to have a dad who knows so much about lifting & nutrition - I had to figure out everything by myself, one lil tweak & injury & countless hours of reading & trial/error at a time. Still learning every day, for that matter.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Hyde! Yeah, he at least will know how to do it right. Now getting him to consume some more food that may be a problem. Kid barely eats but working out may change that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Quick update, conditioning training is a mofo! This crap has me gasping and sweating like a mofo when I do it. Basically warm up then 10 minutes HIIT on Stair climber, then 2000 yards on rower, 10 minutes HIIT on bike and 15 minutes LISS on Bike then ABs.

Oh yeah quick weight update I was 205.2 this morning, so I have been able to drop some weight even with my "Off the reservation style weekend." My waist is getting smaller but my abs have softened up a little bit. This seems to happen when my waist shrinks until my skin can catch up. So it is hard to really tell what is going on body fat wise. Vascularity comes and goes seems i am either extremely vascular or not much at all. Although when I had my blood test done the lady said I was dehydrated. So maybe I was but I have a feeling it is just high hematocrit making my blood very thick. I have an appointment to give blood Sunday which should be good to releive some of that. I had a feeling it was the case since I have been getting more red recently.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That cardio routine would knock me dead on the gym floor.

How long into a cycle can you go before needing to donate blood? On a good dose of Tvar, for example? Doesn't hematocrit come down a lot once the blast is ceased?

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick update, conditioning training is a mofo! This crap has me gasping and sweating like a mofo when I do it. Basically warm up then 10 minutes HIIT on Stair climber, then 2000 yards on rower, 10 minutes HIIT on bike and 15 minutes LISS on Bike then ABs.
That is some crazy sh(t! Although, good mix of equipment must make the time go a little faster?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That cardio routine would knock me dead on the gym floor. How long into a cycle can you go before needing to donate blood? On a good dose of Tvar, for example? Doesn't hematocrit come down a lot once the blast is ceased?
Since Kleen is also on TRT I expect hemocrit to be an ongoing issue. From reading, blood donation on a regular basis is the only way to keep this in check.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys, here is how everything broke down.

I took my shot friday the week before and did my blood tests on the following Thursday before taking my TRT dose again. I have to say I am pretty happy with the results. One week post shot my serum levels were 777.8 nl/dl and my free test was a whopping 27 out of a normal 6.8-21.5 So my free test is pretty high right now. Explains all the random boners. With my levels being 777.8 a week after my shot my levels are easily over 1000 the first 4 days after my shot. Going to start twice a week injections now.

Just waiting for the rest of my cycle to come in so I can get started on this methyl madness. Should bge here pretty soon then we kick this bad boy off wit da sickness!

Oh yes in an effort to keep my biceps from getting any worse I decided to go ahead and get started on the MI40 plan. I have done it before but this time I will be doing the workouts as 2 a days when i can not finish them in the morning. Right now I am pretty sore, oh yeah I am logging some Formabolic right now to keep estro sides at bay while on my TRT. I will continue my logging here until I get my cycle in from Olympus and then the gains begin!!!!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay guys, here is how everything broke down.

I took my shot friday the week before and did my blood tests on the following Thursday before taking my TRT dose again. I have to say I am pretty happy with the results. One week post shot my serum levels were 777.8 nl/dl and my free test was a whopping 27 out of a normal 6.8-21.5 So my free test is pretty high right now. Explains all the random boners. With my levels being 777.8 a week after my shot my levels are easily over 1000 the first 4 days after my shot. Going to start twice a week injections now.

Just waiting for the rest of my cycle to come in so I can get started on this methyl madness. Should bge here pretty soon then we kick this bad boy off wit da sickness!

Oh yes in an effort to keep my biceps from getting any worse I decided to go ahead and get started on the MI40 plan. I have done it before but this time I will be doing the workouts as 2 a days when i can not finish them in the morning. Right now I am pretty sore, oh yeah I am logging some Formabolic right now to keep estro sides at bay while on my TRT. I will continue my logging here until I get my cycle in from Olympus and then the gains begin!!!!
Epic times brother Kleen:)

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I'm having hematocrit issues as well. Nothing horrible but b4 I donated it was 52 hemoglobin was 16. Lipids were a tad off after that oral run. Ratio was fine just a high overall number which both myself and doc attribute to the methyl and so so diet. Lots of Chinese food

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah as far as the hematocrit I knew mine was up just from how thick my bloods were when they pulled them. That and I was starting to get pretty red in the gym, or flushing randomly even when not being active. My blood was so thick when it came out in the tube it did not even shoot to the back of the tube. It just started filling the vial up like slow moving crude oil.

I went to give blood this weekend and of course I was right my hematocrit was 52 which is very the top end of normal. They did a double RBC draw on me and gave me back some fluids so I am feeling great. My blood pressure is doing great right now at 112/78 so not worried about that at all.

Now I am not saying my hematocrit was high from the test, but definitely higher from the test. I was 48.9 to start which is a pretty high starting point from being on the Tren so we shall see how it goes from here. She recommended I go in once every 6 weeks until we get the Hematocrit down a little. Being on the methyls is gonna boost them too so I need to make sure I have it all under control by the time I go back in in 3 months.

If you want to follow along on my Formabolic log here is the link. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250390-kleen-crushes-estro.html#post4503573

I will more than likely post my workouts up in this log like I said and then will start a full on training log for my methyl cycle.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm having hematocrit issues as well. Nothing horrible but b4 I donated it was 52 hemoglobin was 16. Lipids were a tad off after that oral run. Ratio was fine just a high overall number which both myself and doc attribute to the methyl and so so diet. Lots of Chinese food
Yes I will also be explaining the whole methyl part of the process when I go back for my testing. The way it is set up right now I will have 8 weeks on then 4 weeks bridge and will do my bloods at the end of the bridge. However I expect there will be some remaining issues that did not clear up in the month off. Oh yeah my hemoglobin was 17.8 too. So lots of blood in there. Well 2 donation units less now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Epic times brother Kleen:)
Time to lean up and KLEEN up EDGE! Gotta get my body fat nice and low now! Here come the shreds!!!!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I forgot to have check my level after my donation. Going back on blood work over the years way b4 test and lifting my hematocrit was never lower than 48.5.

My BP is much better after donating but I can only donate twice a yeat?? How are you doing every 6 weeks kleen?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It just depends on the person. They check your iron and platelets and tell you when you can donate again. I have never heard of anyone needing 6 months between donations though. I just did the double RBC donation and it says for the most part you only have to wait 112 days but the normal donations says every 56 days on line. So her 6 weeks won't be perfect 6 weeks so much as every 8 weeks unless she writes a script to get me to drop.

Now as far as what my hematocrit is now I am not sure. I would assume it dropped a decent amount but I didn't get it tested. Probably a good thing that most of the methyls I plan to run are more anabolic than androgenic so they may not exacerbate the issue too much like say Tren or winny would.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
It's standard here says so in the pamphlet. One double every 4 months.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's standard here says so in the pamphlet. One double every 4 months.
Okay, yeah that is the same on the doubles. You can do one double ever 112 days or 16 weeks so you can do 3 of those a year. or 6 regular draws a year. That is why I was confused when you said you could only do 2 a year. My doc told me that if they didn't want to do that then she could write a script for that instead so I could go every 4-6 weeks. I have a feeling if I do a single RBC donation every 8 weeks it will be plenty to keep me in line.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You guys are saving so many lives :)
That is what I tell my daughter when i leave. Her: Where you going Daddy? Me: I am going to go save 4 peoples lives honey. Her: Cool Daddy I can't wait to save someones life too!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
That is what I tell my daughter when i leave. Her: Where you going Daddy? Me: I am going to go save 4 peoples lives honey. Her: Cool Daddy I can't wait to save someones life too!
Haha that's cute!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah she is a gem! Here she is performing her kata in the tournament that just happened. She took 1st place in Kata.

[video=youtube_share;VXtixlXOZyk]http://youtu.be/VXtixlXOZyk[/video]

This one is her warming up doing the Kata to music that they did for the Demo before the Rockets game a while back.

[video=youtube_share;kd-5ku-EcEU]http://youtu.be/kd-5ku-EcEU[/video]

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heck ya', Chris! She's a fearless little warrior! Impeccable form, and her kicks look good!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright so last night my son wanted to lift with me so we did it in the garage. Not a ton of exercises were done but several sets between flat and incline bench.

Flat Bench = several sets main work set 225x23 PR! then dropped to 155x failure and 135x failure- I was working up and getting an idea where my sons strength was so we did several sets for him to get the form right and then start working his weights up to see where we were starting from. I think we did about 7 sets here
Flat Bench 4 second negatives, 2 second pause on chest - 155x failure, 175x failure, 175x failure - the pump was already getting pretty ridiculous!
Incline Bench - 135x20, 155x20, 185x15, 225x10, 225x8, 135x failure - I was just swole the hell up here. My chest was so thick and full by the time we were done you could have probably set a cup on the top of me pecs.
Working out with the old man...priceless.

I remember when I started lifting with my old man 9 years ago...it was like working out with a superhero. 9 years later(old man is turning 56 soon) we are gonna be summer lift buddies once again, but this time it's his turn to play catch up to me lol. But I wont make it easy...goal is to hit 405 this summer muahahahaha!

Father/son lift time is priceless! Building bonds that last forever
You all done in here bro?

Dude that's so cool about the kiddo. I started lifting with my pops also. He's a big boy, I'm finally bigger ;) Little did he know what he was starting hahaha! Like you said though if nothing else it instills a disgusting work ethic (working on my fourth hour of homework) and setting goals and achieving them. Kudos man, you sound like a good dad.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dude that's so cool about the kiddo. I started lifting with my pops also. He's a big boy, I'm finally bigger ;) Little did he know what he was starting hahaha! Like you said though if nothing else it instills a disgusting work ethic (working on my fourth hour of homework) and setting goals and achieving them. Kudos man, you sound like a good dad.
My son started back after a 4 year layoff. He's still fuggin huge though. He's a prodigy power lifter to boot so I will hand him over the our power lifting coach as soon as I get him back into reasonable shape.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yeah definitely cool he is getting involved. I may get him a membership so he can go to the gym in the mornings with me. He is always up late coding something to make money on the side...

I am not quite all done in here this is actually my main hangout between actual supplement logs. Although I may have it moved to the Olympus Labs forum and just continue logging my Olympus Labs stuff there.

Okay one to some SO SO news...

As you all know I have been dealing with a biceps issue, well last night during my chest workout my biceps made it quite obvious to me that I needed to take a break from any and all pressing, pulling or curling for a few weeks. This thing simply is not recovering by taking it easy so I talked it over with my coach ad we decided to change up the workout plan for a month to let things heal.

New Focus = Legs, Triceps, Medial and Rear Delts

Legs will be hit on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday volume will be relatively low on these days.

Mon - LYing Leg Curls, Squats, Leg Press H&W, Calve Raises, cardio

Tuesday -Side raises, rear delt flies, rear delt destroyers, Triceps Rope Ext, Skull Krushers then FST-7 style peck deck

Wed - Split Squats, Walking Lunges, Sissy Squat in Hack Squat machine, Adductor and Abductor work

Thursday -side raises, rear delt flies, rear delt destroyers, 1 Arm Cable Triceps Extension, OH Triceps Extension, then FST-7 style straight arm pull downs.

Friday - Leg Ext, Front Squats, Leg Press L&C, Calve Raises, cardio

Sat & Sunday one day will be rest and the other will be conditioning or cardio.

That is the general outline right now it is not completed yet but you get an idea of what I am thinking. I will probably drop the volume down on the leg work so I have plenty recovery.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm worried that the backsquats, frontsquats, & peck deck will aggravate your bicep issue. I'd keep your hands really close on backsquats & go more olympic style vs a power if you're not currently. Fronts if that bar starts to come fwd you need to be really careful fighting it - if it gets too far out you can really hurt the bi. I've seen strongmen do Zercher squats clutching a chain around their neck (like a bike chain) so as long as their grip doesn't fail, the bar is basically welded to their chest. Only way it can fall is if they go to far fwd. And flyes you'll just have to be very careful to keep the tension in the muscle, but I know you'll be smart with that.

Just some thoughts on things I'd have to watch for me. I really hope you heal up soon brother.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm worried that the backsquats, frontsquats, & peck deck will aggravate your bicep issue. I'd keep your hands really close on backsquats & go more olympic style vs a power if you're not currently. Fronts if that bar starts to come fwd you need to be really careful fighting it - if it gets too far out you can really hurt the bi. I've seen strongmen do Zercher squats clutching a chain around their neck (like a bike chain) so as long as their grip doesn't fail, the bar is basically welded to their chest. Only way it can fall is if they go to far fwd. And flyes you'll just have to be very careful to keep the tension in the muscle, but I know you'll be smart with that.

Just some thoughts on things I'd have to watch for me. I really hope you heal up soon brother.
Thanks brother, the issue is actually at my bicipital tendon bu the elbow. I feel it moreso during supination but yes those will still have some effect there. I tend to keep my hands in pretty tight to keep my back locked in anyway. However I will be very weary of it now that you mentioned it. I do also intend to continue with the 4-0-1 tempo that should keep the weights down. Well on everything but the front squats. As far as te pec deck I don't foresee it being an issue. The one I use push with my elbows and dont even have my hand on it so that I keep the tension off my elbows. I actually lock the arms out to inactivate the biceps. Can't do much weight that way but is all direct pectoral work so it trashes it.

Hearing that do you still think I should worry on the front and back squats? I guess the best thing would be to try and see. With 3 workouts a week I won't have to absolutely kill them every time either. Just push them enough to require adaptation but not beat them into the ground.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I didn't even consider doing the pec w/ the elbows - much more direct pec work anyway, like you said, so that's win/win.

I know a lot of guys who take a very wide hold on the bar while backsquatting often do light bicep curls to get blood in them before they squat because it can strain the bis while you stabilize the weight so much indirectly. If you keep grip close (hey, it works for Andrey Malanichev @ 1,014 RAW!) though between that & lower weight necessitated by your tempo you'll prob be fine. Just listen to it.

As for fronts....most muscular guys have to hold the bar arms crossed. They simply don't have the flexibility & too much muscle mass to use an Oly hold. That's why Oly lifters never really work their bis. I don't mean guys cross-training or dabbling; I mean true competitive weightlifters. Anyway, the Oly hold is MUCH safer, because the bar is held w/ fingertips & balance alone. Crossed arms makes it possible to fight the weight back if it starts to come fwd, but if it gets too far out you can tear a bicep even. Oly hold just forces you to dump it if you lose balance. But your guns will prob make that impossible.

Fronts are where you're really gonna have to be careful if you can't use an Oly hold. I can't anymore, not flexible enough. My advice is use bumper plates if your gym has em & don't be scared to dump the bar if so. Like I said, Zercher's w/ a bike chain around the neck (often has that plastic covering the chain so it's more comfy) might be a decent alternative (even more core intensive). You'll have to play with it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I just fell off up in here. Let me go ahead and update you guys as to my current situation.--------------------I went to see my ortho yesterday about my biceps. He is pretty sure I have a partial tear of my biceps. Sent the orders for an MRI now just waiting for the place to call and schedule. If torn I will definitely be having surgery to fix it since it is not one that will heal on its own. Dr pointed out the divot in the end of my biceps and told me that was not supposed to be that way. I hadn't worked it in a bit so it wasnt hurting too bad yesterday but it was from about an hour after that until now. ----------------------Anyway right now I am not allow to curl more than 20 lbs for reps and can not do any chins, pulldowns or anything that might result in the biceps taking on a load of more then 20 lbs including pressing since biceps are heavily involved in the negatives, squats either due to stabilization.---------------------So last night was a leg night. Since no barbell squatting I am kind of limited on compound movements for the legs. Pretty much leg press and hack squats at this point.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Stair Mill = 10 minutes--------------------------------Leg Abductors 4 x failure, last set 130---------------------Leg Adductors 4 x failure, last set 160------------------Hack Squats 2 warm ups, 4 work sets, & last set was a strip set to failure all the way down to my starting weight. Quads were thrashed!-------------------------------Seated Leg Curls 4 sets to failure, last set was 160----------------------------------------------By the way guys nice deal at Orbit on Olympus Labs products for 15% off use code OLYMPUS15!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey! Get your bald headed ass over in my thread will ya! Lots of posing videos went up the last few days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey! Get your bald headed ass over in my thread will ya! Lots of posing videos went up the last few days.
Okay you got it mang!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that Olympus Labs promo at Orbit right now is legit, especially on the cycle stacks. We've already sold out of Epi, Tren, & Trest! Product is moving quick.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the bicep tear. My Dad had over half the bicep tear about 25 years ago when there was no surgery available. Modern medicine is great, sometimes. Heal well brother.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that Olympus Labs promo at Orbit right now is legit, especially on the cycle stacks. We've already sold out of Epi, Tren, & Trest! Product is moving quick.
Yeah we seem to be selling out pretty quickly at most retailers and Orbit is legit as fukk so sales there are always good.
Sorry to hear about the bicep tear. My Dad had over half the bicep tear about 25 years ago when there was no surgery available. Modern medicine is great, sometimes. Heal well brother.
Thanks Kenpo, havent given up hope yet. He said he "thinks" it is a tear so there is still a small glimmer of hope. :) However I can not lie it is a big part of what has been taking the wind out of my sails as of late. Hard to look beyond what seems like impending surgery. I know the recovery is a mofo. Lots of painful work getting the flexibility back in the biceps and tendon. Hell it shortened up on me from my first shoulder surgery and took almost a year to be able to lock out at the elbow under tension without pins and needles.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fug Chris you sure have taken a pounding the last couple years...where does it end. Seems like you've had your share. :(

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fug Chris you sure have taken a pounding the last couple years...where does it end. Seems like you've had your share. :(
Well that seems to be a theme for me. Even as a child I took my lumps, and then took lumps for anyone I cared about just because i could deal with it. So I am just taking someone else's share of lumps right now too. I can hang. Me i will be okay, you could cut my arm off i would just pick up arm wrestling or something. LOL Right now all I want my wife better. I know you know what i am talking about.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well that seems to be a theme for me. Even as a child I took my lumps, and then took lumps for anyone I cared about just because i could deal with it. So I am just taking someone else's share of lumps right now too. I can hang. Me i will be okay, you could cut my arm off i would just pick up arm wrestling or something. LOL Right now all I want my wife better. I know you know what i am talking about.
Hope everything will get better soon bro.

Nothing worse than seeing your loved ones in pain or being ill.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking the same thing, Doug (and not just for Chris - I know several of us here have taken hard hits over the past few years)!

~Rosie~

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you need a comforting full body massage, Chris? I can come over with my massage table and oils. It makes everything better! :)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope the wife is feeling better Chris. My family has been through similar, so know the toll it takes on you.