KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Shhhh, don't tell the Queen. She is the only one allowed to stretch my ass out. Normally by planting her foot in it.
Dude keep the bedroom there! That's some serious kink

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely have traveled backwards kleen. Abs are visible, serratus is out and poppin. You sir, are still advancing forward.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So no gym this morning, my daughter woke me up with a touch of food poisoning about 10 minutes before my gym alarm went off. So I had to stick around and be the good Daddy. I am not sure if I will go in tonight or just incorporate shoulders into legs or arms. Some of it depends on how cool it is tonight. If it is not too bad I may just hit them in the garage.

Had a good breakfast this morning, 7.5 oz chicken fajita meat, 1 cup brown rice with some ranchero hot sauce. Was yummy. All out of protein powder right now but I have 16lbs of a nice blend I made coming from True Nutrition pretty soon. Nice deal, 25% Micellar Casein, 25% Microfiltered Whey Isolate and 50% Whey concentrate Super Grade. Super Grade means it is 80% which is the highest percent whey concentrate protein you can get. All of that was 168 after shipping. Not too bad at all for extremely high quality protein.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
So no gym this morning, my daughter woke me up with a touch of food poisoning about 10 minutes before my gym alarm went off. So I had to stick around and be the good Daddy. I am not sure if I will go in tonight or just incorporate shoulders into legs or arms. Some of it depends on how cool it is tonight. If it is not too bad I may just hit them in the garage. Had a good breakfast this morning, 7.5 oz chicken fajita meat, 1 cup brown rice with some ranchero hot sauce. Was yummy. All out of protein powder right now but I have 16lbs of a nice blend I made coming from True Nutrition pretty soon. Nice deal, 25% Micellar Casein, 25% Microfiltered Whey Isolate and 50% Whey concentrate Super Grade. Super Grade means it is 80% which is the highest percent whey concentrate protein you can get. All of that was 168 after shipping. Not too bad at all for extremely high quality protein.
First. Your looking beastly.

Second get the lil one feeling better.

Third. True nutrition, that's the unflavored protein right? I've been interested in them for a while just haven't pulled the trigger...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First. Your looking beastly.

Second get the lil one feeling better.

Third. True nutrition, that's the unflavored protein right? I've been interested in them for a while just haven't pulled the trigger...
1. Thanks!!!!

2. After a few times vomitting then some hershey squirts she felt better and was able to go to school this morning.

3. Yes, this was with adding in the flavor and sweetener. I got Vanilla Birthday Cake, so I could mix with anything I wanted, or enjoy it by itself. I used the code MASSG for 5% off, and once you go over 15 lbs you get another 5% off. Hence the 16lbs. Makes it much more attractive. John Meadows swears by them. He even created a GDA formula for them. I was looking for a blend with a long lasting protein. I didn't want egg because I just get nasty gas from egg protein powders now. All the pre-made blends on the market seem to have egg in them too so I decided to pull the trigger with True Nutrition. I will let you know what I think when it comes in.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
1. Thanks!!!! 2. After a few times vomitting then some hershey squirts she felt better and was able to go to school this morning. 3. Yes, this was with adding in the flavor and sweetener. I got Vanilla Birthday Cake, so I could mix with anything I wanted, or enjoy it by itself. I used the code MASSG for 5% off, and once you go over 15 lbs you get another 5% off. Hence the 16lbs. Makes it much more attractive. John Meadows swears by them. He even created a GDA formula for them. I was looking for a blend with a long lasting protein. I didn't want egg because I just get nasty gas from egg protein powders now. All the pre-made blends on the market seem to have egg in them too so I decided to pull the trigger with True Nutrition. I will let you know what I think when it comes in.
All awesome news!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Now that's a good dad right there !! I've been meaning to order protein from them, let us know what you think of it..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now that's a good dad right there !! I've been meaning to order protein from them, let us know what you think of it..
Will do for sure. I really hope it is good. As many legit guys that swear by it I have to hope it will be great. That and it isn't exactly cheap, just a good deal for the quality it is supposed to be. Plus there is something to be said for being able to create your own mix.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I ended up going to the gym last night and rocking out some shouders. I did do them MD style but add in some exercises since doing shoulders solo. Here is how it went down.

HS Front Military / Super Incline Press (about 70-75 degree incline) - 80x10, 105x10, 130x10, 155x5 - BOOM!!!! That was a lot of weight per side on that last set. It felt great, and my anterior delts were looking big when I finished. Enlarged is definitely a PR for this exercise.

DB Shoulder Press - 55x12, 55x12, 60x12, 65x12 - I could have gone up which I didn't expect after pushing so hard on the hammer strength machine.

Heavy DB Side Raise Partials - 45x35, 50x30, 50x25 - Man this just swell the medial delt up like a balloon! I absolutely love them.

Rear Delt Destroyer Drop Set - 50x38 > 25x30 > 10x10 - I wanted to start with 45's but none were available so I did not make it to 60 on the first set as prescribed. I still gave it everything I had. The last 10 are always as close to full ROM as possible with a 2 second hold at top. The first two are DB Swings, which is a shorter ROM.

DB Shrugs with 3 second hold at top - 75x12, 85x12 - I think these are typically done with the back workouts but I just felt like doing them.

My shoulders were looking like boulders by the end of this. It amazes me the amount of yoke these workouts bring to the table while doing them. All in all I felt strong and massive by the time I was done. It was "Bodybuilder Soup for the Soul!"

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulder day is best day :)

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Shoulder day is best day :)
On the mountain dog program. Yes. Because it's chest too. Something about benching AND swollen delts just makes me feel godly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On the mountain dog program. Yes. Because it's chest too. Something about benching AND swollen delts just makes me feel godly.
Uhm don't you already, your signature says it all. Superbeast is a mythological creature!
Montego1 You are correct Sir, I am loving it. Oh I am good to go for Sunday if you are.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uhm don't you already, your signature says it all. Superbeast is a mythological creature!
Montego1 You are correct Sir, I am loving it. Oh I am good to go for Sunday if you are.
Alrighty I'll make sure to check with the wife and give you a ring when I find out.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Uhm don't you already, your signature says it all. Superbeast is a mythological creature! Montego1 You are correct Sir, I am loving it. Oh I am good to go for Sunday if you are.
I'm not religious but I thought god trumps all? Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm not religious but I thought god trumps all? Lol
Doesn't feeling godly mean feeling god like? Aren't many mythological creatures considered gods? I thinketh thou hath read too much into thy reply.

Besides I thought this was you...

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Doesn't feeling godly mean feeling god like? Aren't many mythological creatures considered gods? I thinketh thou hath read too much into thy reply.

Besides I thought this was you...

LOL that's what I thought Superbeasts was too...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I may just have to get my buff on for next Halloween this would be a killer costume for a buff bald guy!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh boy getting mentally ready to smash legs tonight. I hope the gym is not too insanely busy.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those incline/ shoulder numbers are insane....155 per side.

Damn......

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I went to GET IT! I was there for an hour and got in a cardio warm up, leg curls and that is it! I have never seen the gym like this before. Every piece of leg equipment was being used and had a group 3-4 deep either working with them or waiting on the machines. I don't know why this place only has 1 squat rack, and 2 leg press, one of which I refuse to use because the seat has a rounded back on it. So you designed this machine to destroy lumbar discs and vertebrae? However everything was in use. Completely pissed me off. Finally after waiting around it was time for me to go home and tuck my daughter in. What a complete waste of my time.

I tried to go home and do squats but the garage floor had condensation on it so I wasn't going to risk slipping with hundreds of pounds on my back. I really need some rubber flooring in there...

I had taken a pre workout about 4:30 to give me enough time that with the energy burned from legs I could still sleep. Well no energy burned equals no sleep for me. A scoop of G8 did nothing to help me sleep which is really saying something. My poor wife had to deal with my stimulant amplified frustration when I got home. I came in ranting instead of saying hello and kissing her like normal. Had to cool my jets and make things right quickly because I noticed I was being a jackass.

From now on, no afternoon pre-workouts for me during the work week. Maybe an afternoon cup of hot tea or coffee but that is about it.

I did at least get some hamstrings in, and worked on the sciatica a little bit. Not a total loss, but it was still frustrating.
Those incline/ shoulder numbers are insane....155 per side.

Damn......
Thanks Edge! I was very impressed with them myself. I couldn't believe I could put those up. I have lifted more on the HS Incline Press but this one is so much higher of an incline I didn't expect much of anything out of it. However all the 10's and 5's were in uses so I had to go up 25 per side if I wanted to move up. Happy I did!

Needless to say I did not get up this morning, falling asleep at 2:00 AM and still tossing and turning no way I was getting out of bed 2 hours later for the morning workout.

So I am going to see what is going on at the gym tonight and try to knock out legs, or do arms if legs are busy then hit legs Saturday or Sunday just depends on what is going on. I am not overly worried about what days i get them in so long as I get the 4 workouts in per week.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went to GET IT! I was there for an hour and got in a cardio warm up, leg curls and that is it! I have never seen the gym like this before. Every piece of leg equipment was being used and had a group 3-4 deep either working with them or waiting on the machines. I don't know why this place only has 1 squat rack, and 2 leg press, one of which I refuse to use because the seat has a rounded back on it. So you designed this machine to destroy lumbar discs and vertebrae? However everything was in use. Completely pissed me off. Finally after waiting around it was time for me to go home and tuck my daughter in. What a complete waste of my time.

I tried to go home and do squats but the garage floor had condensation on it so I wasn't going to risk slipping with hundreds of pounds on my back. I really need some rubber flooring in there...

I had taken a pre workout about 4:30 to give me enough time that with the energy burned from legs I could still sleep. Well no energy burned equals no sleep for me. A scoop of G8 did nothing to help me sleep which is really saying something. My poor wife had to deal with my stimulant amplified frustration when I got home. I came in ranting instead of saying hello and kissing her like normal. Had to cool my jets and make things right quickly because I noticed I was being a jackass.

From now on, no afternoon pre-workouts for me during the work week. Maybe an afternoon cup of hot tea or coffee but that is about it.

I did at least get some hamstrings in, and worked on the sciatica a little bit. Not a total loss, but it was still frustrating.

Thanks Edge! I was very impressed with them myself. I couldn't believe I could put those up. I have lifted more on the HS Incline Press but this one is so much higher of an incline I didn't expect much of anything out of it. However all the 10's and 5's were in uses so I had to go up 25 per side if I wanted to move up. Happy I did!

Needless to say I did not get up this morning, falling asleep at 2:00 AM and still tossing and turning no way I was getting out of bed 2 hours later for the morning workout.

So I am going to see what is going on at the gym tonight and try to knock out legs, or do arms if legs are busy then hit legs Saturday or Sunday just depends on what is going on. I am not overly worried about what days i get them in so long as I get the 4 workouts in per week.
Damn man, what a horrible day.

I agree about afternoon stims. If it's not within 4-5 hours before bedtime I'll have coffee, but that's it.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards

All stimmed up and no place to go!!! LOl I've had that happen to me, now if that happens I just kill some cardio to help settle me down..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All stimmed up and no place to go!!! LOl I've had that happen to me, now if that happens I just kill some cardio to help settle me down..
I would have but had to get home to tuck my daughter in and that takes priority over the gym for me. I sing to her and rub her back. It wont be too long before she tells me she is too grown up for that so I don't wanna miss any opportunity.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I would have but had to get home to tuck my daughter in and that takes priority over the gym for me. I sing to her and rub her back. It wont be too long before she tells me she is too grown up for that so I don't wanna miss any opportunity.
I hear you I read books to my boy's everynight in bed and stay with them until they fall asleep..

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So true brother... mine youngest daughter will be 16 next week.. those days are long over for me. Although at times, she still has her moments where she needs her dad.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I have really been slacking in here. I have been off work and relaxing and I typically don't get on much.

I had a great leg workout the highlights are below.

Lying leg curls -110x10 + 10 partials
Squats with a 3 second negatives - 315x6
Leg Press with a 3 second negatives- 810x10
Walking DB Lunges 65 per arm x10, and x5 the piriformis started to bitch that last set so I stopped early. There were the heaviest DB lunges I ever attempted. We can call it a PR but I have never really pushed on these so not a huge deal.

Definitely noticed a little bit of inflammation but only a tiny bit. It cleared right up after that. So my back and leg held up.

Sunday I lifted chest and back with Montego1 dude is a beast and is ripped up. He is also very strong.

We did 4 sets on almost every exercise mostly 10 reps

Bent Over BB Row - worked up to 245

DB Incline Bench - worked up to 100's

HS High Rows - Worked up to 3 plates and a 35 per side. Monte got a few more reps than me here, then we both did a drop set.

HS Wide Chest Press - we worked up to 140 per side I got a set of 10 then fought him on the negative then did another for 5 reps and fought the negative.

Dead Stop DB Rows - sets of 80x10

Cable Crossovers - worked up to a heavy weight then did a drop set.

Incline DB Mid Back Shrugs - 35x15, 40x12

Pec Minor Dips - 2 sets to failure.

Yesterday and today are supposed to Back and Chest and obviously they are still recovering. So I am going in to hit arms since they were missed last week.

So me and several other guys are coming up with a challenge to hit some goals by Valentines Day. Something to keep our noses to the grind stone. Looks like if we fail we will be doing dead lifts at the gym in a dress or some other feminine attire and posting it on Youtube...

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
So I have really been slacking in here. I have been off work and relaxing and I typically don't get on much. I had a great leg workout the highlights are below. Lying leg curls -110x10 + 10 partials Squats with a 3 second negatives - 315x6 Leg Press with a 3 second negatives- 810x10 Walking DB Lunges 65 per arm x10, and x5 the piriformis started to bitch that last set so I stopped early. There were the heaviest DB lunges I ever attempted. We can call it a PR but I have never really pushed on these so not a huge deal. Definitely noticed a little bit of inflammation but only a tiny bit. It cleared right up after that. So my back and leg held up. Sunday I lifted chest and back with Montego1 dude is a beast and is ripped up. He is also very strong. We did 4 sets on almost every exercise mostly 10 reps Bent Over BB Row - worked up to 245 DB Incline Bench - worked up to 100's HS High Rows - Worked up to 3 plates and a 35 per side. Monte got a few more reps than me here, then we both did a drop set. HS Wide Chest Press - we worked up to 140 per side I got a set of 10 then fought him on the negative then did another for 5 reps and fought the negative. Dead Stop DB Rows - sets of 80x10 Cable Crossovers - worked up to a heavy weight then did a drop set. Incline DB Mid Back Shrugs - 35x15, 40x12 Pec Minor Dips - 2 sets to failure. Yesterday and today are supposed to Back and Chest and obviously they are still recovering. So I am going in to hit arms since they were missed last week. So me and several other guys are coming up with a challenge to hit some goals by Valentines Day. Something to keep our noses to the grind stone. Looks like if we fail we will be doing dead lifts at the gym in a dress or some other feminine attire and posting it on Youtube...
Montes avi alone looks beastly. Sounds like a fun chest and back day. Also that leg day... Wait till you get to the third week in that program. It's puke city!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Montes avi alone looks beastly. Sounds like a fun chest and back day. Also that leg day... Wait till you get to the third week in that program. It's puke city!
Oh I can imagine. I did feel a little twinge and my elbows are complaining a tad bit so we shall see. I may end up rotating in and out of MD, or for longevity sake going with Ben Pakulski's MI40 program. It is set up to keep the weights light but crushing. I have the books and DVD.

On to today which was kind of a Hodge Podge workout. I realized I needed to get some shoulders in so I changed things up a bit and hit arms and shoulders.

DB Cross Body Curls 2 second negatives- 27.5x20, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10 - These were a great warm up for some biceps work, by the end they were actually work.

Rope Triceps Ext - 90x12, 100x12, 120x12, 120x12 - Just a good hard bit of work but nothing crazy. Held for 1 second flex at the bottom.

Life Fitness Shoulder Press - 100x15, 110x15, 120x12, 95x12 - Nice high rep work with no lockouts to keep constant tension, had a major pump going on by the time I was done with these.

Rear Delt Machine Flies - Drop Set 120x25 > 90x10 > 50x12 - just giving the rear delts some love here. Not trying to destroy them. Was very effective and a great pump ensued.

45 degree DB Incline Curls - 25x12, 30x10, 30x10, 30x5, 22.5x8 - I had an extreme burn going on the last 3 sets, did them with wrists bent back so only biceps were doing the work. Was pretty intense.

Close Grip Dips very deep, no lockout to keep tension on them - 30, 20, 15, 13 - My triceps were looking pretty massive by this point. Had a nice burn and I hung in the bottom for about 20 seconds on the last rep to really stretch them out and fill them with blood.

Wide Grip Oly Bar Curls - 95x10, 10, 10 the last set was very hard, kept these very strict and almost a drag curl because I kept elbows behind my back.

Wide Grip Upright Rows - 95x10, 10, 10 - By wide grip I mean hands outside the index line of the barbell. My arms were at a 90 degree at the top of the movement which put the barbell right at the bottom of my rib cage. Had a slight bend to keep me from attempting to go any higher which kept the shoulders safe and activated the rear delts more. My medial and rear delts were toast after these and also swole the fug up!

DB Overhead Triceps Ext - 90x15, 100x12 - I figured with the pressing on shoulders I did not need to get 3 sets here and to be honest I was toast. My triceps were so done by that rep I had to have someone take the DB because I could not safely get it back over my shoulder to set it down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, I forgot to add one insane thing to my workout...

TABATA SESSION IN THE 195 DEGREE SAUNA!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!

5 rounds of body weight squats and 3 rounds of pushups, open sauna door go sit down and wonder what the hell is wrong inside my head. LOL

I was in there and just decided I needed to finish with a tabata session and wanted to see if I could push myself through it in the heat!.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Oh yeah, I forgot to add one insane thing to my workout... TABATA SESSION IN THE 195 DEGREE SAUNA!!!!!!! WHAT!!!! 5 rounds of body weight squats and 3 rounds of pushups, open sauna door go sit down and wonder what the hell is wrong inside my head. LOL I was in there and just decided I needed to finish with a tabata session and wanted to see if I could push myself through it in the heat!.
Wtf?! Yikes. I thought yesterday's legs was puke city. You win.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wtf?! Yikes. I thought yesterday's legs was puke city. You win.
It was pretty insane but it felt good. If I keep getting these cramps in my arms after lifting I will be switching to MI40, it is a good program for certain, I love me some MD Training though. Just not sure how my body feels about it when I keep locking up. My pecs even do it sometimes right now. Just pushing to hard but really is there any other way???

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eeeesh! Looks like the intense sessions continue on my absence as well :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Monte! Giving it hell for sure.
Looks like maybe three weeks or so before the next lift......Looks the fifteenth.....you in? Jim said he was

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of these weeks I need to just follow these sessions through and through. Looks like fun

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Sh*t if that's slacking off on the forum then I guess I died and was reborn a week ago. Things sound good man. Keep it up

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Oh yeah, I forgot to add one insane thing to my workout...

TABATA SESSION IN THE 195 DEGREE SAUNA!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!

5 rounds of body weight squats and 3 rounds of pushups, open sauna door go sit down and wonder what the hell is wrong inside my head. LOL

I was in there and just decided I needed to finish with a tabata session and wanted to see if I could push myself through it in the heat!.
That's like in Dragon Ball Z when they train in 200 times gravity or in the hyperbolic time chamber... Dbz nerd here.. help me out on this TheSaiyan lmao

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's like in Dragon Ball Z when they train in 200 times gravity or in the hyperbolic time chamber... Dbz nerd here.. help me out on this TheSaiyan lmao
Remember that one....vegeta was beast there!!!

Nothing to be ashamed about Irish.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it's 100 times on Goku's flight to Namek then on the hyperbolic chamber I'm not sure but it's a lot.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Ummm.... Its like you're speaking a foreign language

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like maybe three weeks or so before the next lift......Looks the fifteenth.....you in? Jim said he was
Just gotta verify with the boss. :) Should be close to 2 weeks in on Manifested by then. I got my TUDCA and Heart Help, some BP supps and what not. Just gonna go get Test checked next week then it is time for the Mani!