KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So awesome! She kicked some serious butt!
Thanks, yeah she is a little beast. She has her stripe on her blue belt now so she will have her red in the next month. Once she has her red belt they allow face contact. When she gets to unleash that cross to the face that she wants instead of always having to use a ridge hand to get the side of the head things are really going to get interesting.
"Finish Him" from mortal kombat should be played somewhere in this video
Yeah, I thought of that afterwards. That and I didn't have a local copy of that song. Annoyed that Youtube won't let it play on mobile devices because the music is copyrighted. YOu would think they would want as much play as possible... I own the stupid songs bought them myself should be allowed to use it...

Anyway I digress, have a big back workout coming up tonight. This will be my first week following the Mountain Dog routine basically as written minus some bands I need to get. I may have to get myself a couple 26 inch tire tubes. I bet they would work. LOL I used to use them for homemade slingshots all the time! No really I am going to end up getting the Mountain Dog Band Set at EliteFTS but that will be in December, one of those things I would typically buy for myself now but the wife needs gift ideas so waiting on that one.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She could give Bruce Leroy a run for his money!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
See did awesome Kleen, made you a proud daddy for sure!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
She could give Bruce Leroy a run for his money!
I loved that movie... was silly but great all at the same time!
See did awesome Kleen, made you a proud daddy for sure!!!
Oh you have no idea. I was beaming, she was so happy too this was her first time to take 1st in both Kata and Sparring. Huge confidence booster for her. She loved being able to pick where we went to eat yesterday too. We have a celebratory meal when ever one of the kids has a function or mile marker in life. Dances, shows, earning new belts and of course winning a tournament!!! So she picked Olive Garden and we went and enjoyed some Italian grub!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I loved that movie... was silly but great all at the same time!

Oh you have no idea. I was beaming, she was so happy too this was her first time to take 1st in both Kata and Sparring. Huge confidence booster for her. She loved being able to pick where we went to eat yesterday too. We have a celebratory meal when ever one of the kids has a function or mile marker in life. Dances, shows, earning new belts and of course winning a tournament!!! So she picked Olive Garden and we went and enjoyed some Italian grub!
We do the same.. My 4 year old is taking Tae Kwon Do and every belt he gets a special dinner soon he will be sparring can't wait for that!!! Also Yesterday he lost his first tooth so I took him to the movies last night just me and my bud we had a blast..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We do the same.. My 4 year old is taking Tae Kwon Do and every belt he gets a special dinner soon he will be sparring can't wait for that!!! Also Yesterday he lost his first tooth so I took him to the movies last night just me and my bud we had a blast..
Awesome, what did you see? I need to take my daughter to a movie soon. She has been asking. I just hate going when it is busy but I guess if it is a kids movie there will be talking no matter what...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
bcazo

bcazo

Awards
We saw Free birds, its a turkey thanksgiving movie I didn't care for it but my son liked it.. I took him to see planes when it came out and that was a much better movie.. I saw a preview for Frozen this looks like something your daughter would like..

[video=youtube;TbQm5doF_Uc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpag e&v=TbQm5doF_Uc[/video]

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We saw Free birds, its a turkey thanksgiving movie I didn't care for it but my son liked it.. I took him to see planes when it came out and that was a much better movie.. I saw a preview for Frozen this looks like something your daughter would like..

[video=youtube;TbQm5doF_Uc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpag e&v=TbQm5doF_Uc[/video]
That looks like a fun one! I have all week next week off so if it comes out before Thanksgiving I will take her then.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just want to wish all of the Veterans a Happy Veteran's Day, thank you all for your service. Here is a little love from the guys in Five Finger Death Punch!

[video=youtube_share;oVo8g7T39A4]http://youtu.be/oVo8g7T39A4[/video]

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today at lunch I went for some exercise. I got outside to do my walk over to where I do the tabata and the Veteran's Day Parade was going on. I took a few pics then jogged all the way until I got in front of the parade and then crossed the street. I decided to keep jogging and basically jogged the 1 1/4 miles to where I do my Tabata. It felt good but I am not going to lie, my feet were heavy as cinder block shoes toward the end. Understandable since I haven't jogged for any period of time in a while. Once there I set up my Tabata timer and proceeded to run through the session.

Tabata Workout = Box Jumps, & 45 Degree Body Weight Rows - 8 rounds of 20 seconds max effort alternating the two exercises.

Walked briskly back to office, stopped by some hills and walked up and down them for a second to burn off some of the fat released from the Tabata then went back to the office for some grub.

Okay so I found out tonight that I am way out of shape for the Mountain Dog workout but I pushed as much as I could. Weights started dropping off after my second exercise but I gave it hell.

Meadows Rows - 60x10, 95x10, 105x10, 115x8 - My strong set when I was at my peak was 140x8 but my elbow was bothering me a little so I just held the weight at peak of contraction for a full second.

Hammer Strength Rows Neutral Grip - 105x10, 145x10 - Done one arm at a time using core to stabilize instead of steadying myself with my other hand.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down 165x12, 165x10, 165x10, 165x10 - I was pretty shocked at how hard 165 was. Again my tendon in my elbow was aching a little. I think it just needs some work to break it back in but there was no way I was going up while it was feeling like that.

Chin Grip Lat Pull Down 165x10, 165x10 - was really focusing on using my lats on all of the pull downs, pulling through the elbows and getting a great contraction.

Stretchers with 2 second stretch - 135x12, 135x12 - Holy Lat Stretch Batman!!! The 2 second stretch on these proved to be a deliciously painful stretch and pump.

I forgot my workout sheet at home. I left in a hurry. I basically put this one together with things I knew from other MD back sessions but when I got home I saw that I had actually done a lot more sets and exercises than what was prescribed for this workout. I fully expect to be sore in the morning or at least by tomorrow night.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Today at lunch I went for some exercise. I got outside to do my walk over to where I do the tabata and the Veteran's Day Parade was going on. I took a few pics then jogged all the way until I got in front of the parade and then crossed the street. I decided to keep jogging and basically jogged the 1 1/4 miles to where I do my Tabata. It felt good but I am not going to lie, my feet were heavy as cinder block shoes toward the end. Understandable since I haven't jogged for any period of time in a while. Once there I set up my Tabata timer and proceeded to run through the session. Tabata Workout = Box Jumps, & 45 Degree Body Weight Rows - 8 rounds of 20 seconds max effort alternating the two exercises. Walked briskly back to office, stopped by some hills and walked up and down them for a second to burn off some of the fat released from the Tabata then went back to the office for some grub. Okay so I found out tonight that I am way out of shape for the Mountain Dog workout but I pushed as much as I could. Weights started dropping off after my second exercise but I gave it hell. Meadows Rows - 60x10, 95x10, 105x10, 115x8 - My strong set when I was at my peak was 140x8 but my elbow was bothering me a little so I just held the weight at peak of contraction for a full second. Hammer Strength Rows Neutral Grip - 105x10, 145x10 - Done one arm at a time using core to stabilize instead of steadying myself with my other hand. Wide Grip Lat Pull Down 165x12, 165x10, 165x10, 165x10 - I was pretty shocked at how hard 165 was. Again my tendon in my elbow was aching a little. I think it just needs some work to break it back in but there was no way I was going up while it was feeling like that. Chin Grip Lat Pull Down 165x10, 165x10 - was really focusing on using my lats on all of the pull downs, pulling through the elbows and getting a great contraction. Stretchers with 2 second stretch - 135x12, 135x12 - Holy Lat Stretch Batman!!! The 2 second stretch on these proved to be a deliciously painful stretch and pump. I forgot my workout sheet at home. I left in a hurry. I basically put this one together with things I knew from other MD back sessions but when I got home I saw that I had actually done a lot more sets and exercises than what was prescribed for this workout. I fully expect to be sore in the morning or at least by tomorrow night.
Dude it's gonna be like 3 day DOMS from these meadows workouts. I am not looking forward to Thursday when I can finally feel my legs again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying lol gotta get on your level.

Ps. Last dragon is the sheet!
I don't think you are as far away as you think. Just keep crushing it.
Heck Yeah!!!

Speaking of Kung Fu Movies... I have a guilty pleasure for the movie Kung Fu Hustle. I mean it is no classic Kung Fu movie but it is classic in and of itself. LOL

Dude it's gonna be like 3 day DOMS from these meadows workouts. I am not looking forward to Thursday when I can finally feel my legs again.
Oh yeah, I am surprised I am not already aching. I am sure it will hit me by tonight when I am hitting up chest and shoulders. I am not used to the timing of DOMS with night time workouts.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tabata scares me. The name itself sounds foreign and intimidating.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tabata scares me. The name itself sounds foreign and intimidating.
Funny you said that because I learned about Tabata a few years ago and it just sounded like something I wanted nothing to do with. Now I want nothing to do with regular steady state stuff. The fear of being bored far surpasses the fear of hard work.

That being said, I don't see you being too scared of much of anything...

Plus Tabata is actually fun. I imagine your crossfit AMRAP workouts are just as hard if not harder.

It looks like I am moving my chest and shoulder day to tomorrow. I just found out that it is another Chilis Daddy Daughter Date night tonight. These are the things I want to do with her while she is still interested. So I think I am making a priority call and she wins out over waiting one day to do chest and shoulders. Wont mess up the rest of my week because tomorrow was a scheduled off day. So expect a pretty picture of her beaming tomorrow.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Funny you said that because I learned about Tabata a few years ago and it just sounded like something I wanted nothing to do with. Now I want nothing to do with regular steady state stuff. The fear of being bored far surpasses the fear of hard work. That being said, I don't see you being too scared of much of anything... Plus Tabata is actually fun. I imaging your crossfit AMRAP workouts are just as hard if not harder. It looks like I am moving my chest and shoulder day to tomorrow. I just found out that it is another Chilis Daddy Daughter Date night tonight. These are the things I want to do with her while she is still interested. So I think I am making a priority call and she wins out over waiting one day to do chest and shoulders. Wont mess up the rest of my week because tomorrow was a scheduled off day. So expect a pretty picture of her beaming tomorrow.
She doesn't want to pound chest and shoulders with her daddy?!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good on you bro! Enjoy your dinner ... by the way the video was great!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kung fu hustle is a great movie lol only hope Kung fu hustle II doesn't ruin it!

Have fun with your little girl kleen

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
She doesn't want to pound chest and shoulders with her daddy?!
Actually she was going to do just that. However I know she would prefer to be treated as a Princess instead. Now if she wants to do a quick one I will go through the motions with her then we can go but I wont have time for my full MD tonight if I take her to eat.

Good on you bro! Enjoy your dinner ... by the way the video was great!
Will do, and thanks I will let her know. She just loves to hear positive feedback, then again who doesn't, but she is a total ham, just like her Daddy!
Kung fu hustle is a great movie lol only hope Kung fu hustle II doesn't ruin it!

Have fun with your little girl kleen
Oh man, see I did not know they were doing a second one. Not even sure how you could follow that one up... Gonna have to look into this now.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Spending time with my kids is probably one of the only times I don't think twice about missing the gym LOL.. Have fun Kleen

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Spending time with my kids is probably one of the only times I don't think twice about missing the gym LOL.. Have fun Kleen
Absolutely, I have outgrown the mentality of not participating in things because of my lifestyle, or putting the gym before what is important. I used to pass on cake, and ice cream at my kids parties and stuff. Now I will partake with no guilt because it pleases them. Now late in prep I may not, but for now there is not a reason to do so.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely, I have outgrown the mentality of not participating in things because of my lifestyle, or putting the gym before what is important. I used to pass on cake, and ice cream at my kids parties and stuff. Now I will partake with no guilt because it pleases them. Now late in prep I may not, but for now there is not a reason to do so.
And this is why I won't make it to prep. I like cake and ice cream.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And this is why I won't make it to prep. I like cake and ice cream.
Yeah, but to be honest you don't have to forgo the cake and ice cream if you plan for it so long and not in the last month. My first show I had cake and ice cream, had some Crown Royal with dinners out, ate at chili's at least every other week up until 3 weeks out. I still was in far better condition than anyone in the show and I was competing for a Natural Pro Card. Was supposed to be in Novice but during pre-classification they told me there was no one in Novice that would even come close and offered me the chance to compete in the Advanced Class. Was pretty cool, but I was far outgunned on experience.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hit up chest and shoulders last night, gym was crowded and had to change some exercise selections but kept with the angles and what not.

Incline Press Machine - Warms ups 70,110, & 170x10 Work Set 210x12 the rubber belt on the pulley began flexing and bouncing with that weight so I had to move to another machine to finish, continued below.
Stack loaded Hammer Strength Incline 120x10, 130x8, 150x5 - I set it up so I was pushing at about a 45 degree angle here. Man that last rep on 150 was insane. One of my buddies walked up and held it from going back down so I fought for the rep for about 20-30 seconds. I ended up getting it to an inch shy of lockout, but I am counting the rep because it was the hardest thing I did last night!

HS Plate Loaded Incline set up for low incline (weights are per side)- 90x6, 115x6, 135x6, 160x6 - felt pretty good, surprised at remaining strength considering I have lost some muscle while being out of commission.

Vertical Bench Press Machine - 155x15, 170x13 + 2 partials - I love this particular machine the movement is so smooth and the resistance is very consistent through the entire ROM. It feels heavier than the weights listed too. Chest and front delts were getting a massive pump by now and I started looking like a beast.

Stretch Pushups feet on exercise ball 1-2 second stretches- 15 & 8 reps - Wow I am not sure if it was the instability of the ball or just that I had completely thrashed my chest but I couldn't do many before failure. I thought I was pumped before these but the stretch let them fill with more blood and I was shocked at the pump for not having carbs until post workout.

Heavy Side Laterals Full ROM - 40x8, 45x8. 50x8, 45x8 - These were pretty beastly, did them slightly bent over to recruit the rear delts into the movement a little. The last rep or two of the 50 lb set I was having a hell of a time keeping good form and didn't get the last one up as high as I like so I dropped back to 45 which was great because I basically did the same thing with the 45s.

Machine Rear Delt Fly - 70x30, 80x25, 90x20, 100x15 Not one of these sets was easy. I LOVE the high rep stuff on the shoulders now, this was the first time to do the progressive load while dropping reps and it felt good to go up in weight but still be at a respectable weight for the 15 reps.

Ultra Wide Grip Shoulder Press (hands out to collars)- 65x12 x3 sets, the last rep pf the last set I had to bring my hands in to get it up off my chest. These sound like it is such a light weight, but with the hands out to the collars and bringing it all the way to the chest it is surprisingly challenging. John Meadows says he gets 85x12 x3 on a good day so I will take my performance @ 65 with a smile.

All in all this was a pretty awesome workout. I pushed so hard I had cramps and twitches in my pecs during the middle of the night. That doesn't happen often.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I hit up chest and shoulders last night, gym was crowded and had to change some exercise selections but kept with the angles and what not. Incline Press Machine - Warms ups 70,110, & 170x10 Work Set 210x12 the rubber belt on the pulley began flexing and bouncing with that weight so I had to move to another machine to finish, continued below. Stack loaded Hammer Strength Incline 120x10, 130x8, 150x5 - I set it up so I was pushing at about a 45 degree angle here. Man that last rep on 150 was insane. One of my buddies walked up and held it from going back down so I fought for the rep for about 20-30 seconds. I ended up getting it to an inch shy of lockout, but I am counting the rep because it was the hardest thing I did last night! HS Plate Loaded Incline set up for low incline (weights are per side)- 90x6, 115x6, 135x6, 160x6 - felt pretty good, surprised at remaining strength considering I have lost some muscle while being out of commission. Vertical Bench Press Machine - 155x15, 170x13 + 2 partials - I love this particular machine the movement is so smooth and the resistance is very consistent through the entire ROM. It feels heavier than the weights listed too. Chest and front delts were getting a massive pump by now and I started looking like a beast. Stretch Pushups feet on exercise ball 1-2 second stretches- 15 & 8 reps - Wow I am not sure if it was the instability of the ball or just that I had completely thrashed my chest but I couldn't do many before failure. I thought I was pumped before these but the stretch let them fill with more blood and I was shocked at the pump for not having carbs until post workout. Heavy Side Laterals Full ROM - 40x8, 45x8. 50x8, 45x8 - These were pretty beastly, did them slightly bent over to recruit the rear delts into the movement a little. The last rep or two of the 50 lb set I was having a hell of a time keeping good form and didn't get the last one up as high as I like so I dropped back to 45 which was great because I basically did the same thing with the 45s. Machine Rear Delt Fly - 70x30, 80x25, 90x20, 100x15 Not one of these sets was easy. I LOVE the high rep stuff on the shoulders now, this was the first time to do the progressive load while dropping reps and it felt good to go up in weight but still be at a respectable weight for the 15 reps. Ultra Wide Grip Shoulder Press (hands out to collars)- 65x12 x3 sets, the last rep pf the last set I had to bring my hands in to get it up off my chest. These sound like it is such a light weight, but with the hands out to the collars and bringing it all the way to the chest it is surprisingly challenging. John Meadows says he gets 85x12 x3 on a good day so I will take my performance @ 65 with a smile. All in all this was a pretty awesome workout. I pushed so hard I had cramps and twitches in my pecs during the middle of the night. That doesn't happen often.
Nice. I'm looking forward to week 2. Meadows is a sadist.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice. I'm looking forward to week 2. Meadows is a sadist.
Oh ya he is, I am going to do legs tonight... Slightly frightened for the next 2 days of DOMS. My chest is FRIED already, the muscle moves when i flex it but it stays kind of soft instead of getting rock hard. (Here come the quote edits)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh those DOMS. Feel the pain!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it just me or does anyone else think Meadows has like a vintage look to him? In his YouTube videos he looks like he could easily pass for living in the 70's or 80's lol

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it just me or does anyone else think Meadows has like a vintage look to him? In his YouTube videos he looks like he could easily pass for living in the 70's or 80's lol
lol I was thinking this the other day.

Kleen you are killing it dude... might be my next routine, after GVT is finished kicking my ass

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh those DOMS. Feel the pain!
No doubt! I had a family situation last night so I have to hit the gym tonight and tomorrow. At least the gym should not be as crowded tonight which is a bonus.
Yeah especially with his chops. LOL
lol I was thinking this the other day.

Kleen you are killing it dude... might be my next routine, after GVT is finished kicking my ass
Thank you Sir! Would be a great switch coming from GVT for certain.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
No doubt! I had a family situation last night so I have to hit the gym tonight and tomorrow. At least the gym should not be as crowded tonight which is a bonus. Yeah especially with his chops. LOL Thank you Sir! Would be a great switch coming from GVT for certain.
Idk about those chops man. He is one ugly dude! I feel like he's way too big to really have the golden era look to him.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Idk about those chops man. He is one ugly dude! I feel like he's way too big to really have the golden era look to him.
Oh, no his physique is far from classic era. I think the chops, and just his hairstyle in general makes him look like he is stuck in the 70's stylistically.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Oh, no his physique is far from classic era. I think the chops, and just his hairstyle in general makes him look like he is stuck in the 70's stylistically.
I think he kind of looks like wolverine..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think that was his goal Caz. That or someone from the original Tea Party. Maybe a young Scrooge...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rockin the weight in here. You have to be walking around sore as heck though! Looking forward to seeing the results!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rockin the weight in here. You have to be walking around sore as heck though! Looking forward to seeing the results!
Thanks, I am pushing it as much as I can right now. I have some work to do to get back to where I was 6 weeks ago before my back went out. I am hoping that everything is all healed up. I have legs tonight and it will tell me if I am going to be able to push hard on lower body. I really hope so, as of right now the only thing that seems to cause a problem is jogging the next day my low back gets kind of tight and piriformis has a bit of a sting when walking. So going to see how the leg workout goes now when actually pushing pretty hard.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In bro, but definitely not caught up (yet).

I need to pay close attention to your Meadows routine. I was intrigued when Montana was doing it, but didn't really put forth much effort with it other than stealing an exercise here and there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In bro, but definitely not caught up (yet).

I need to pay close attention to your Meadows routine. I was intrigued when Montana was doing it, but didn't really put forth much effort with it other than stealing an exercise here and there.
Welcome Bro! I love the Meadows Stuff. I respond well to it and he strategically places exercises in order to avoid injury which is something I need to do as and up and coming Old Fugger. Yep thats a shout out to DreamWeaver !

I had a successful leg workout this weekend, I didn't go crazy but I definitely worked hard.

Lying Leg Curls (body up and hips pressed into the bench to put hamstrings at a disadvantage) - 60x12, 75x12, 90x10, 105x10 > 10 partials - Had a nice burn in the hammies after this.

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts - 135x12, 185x10, 225x10, 225x10 - was getting a good stretch on these and doing them moderately slow to assess my lower back situation.

Squats w/ 3 second negatives - 135x12, 225x10, 225x10 - I got a bit of a cramp in my groin / hammie. I figure this was a lot to throw at it the first time out.

Quad Specific Leg Press w/ 3 second negatives - 370x12, 460x10, 550x10, 550x10 - I had my feet very low on the platform and my heels close to touching to keep the groin and hammies less involved. I was burning in the quads pretty good by the end.

I finished that up and went home and hung on my Teeter Table for 15 minutes to decompress the spine and then foam rolled my lower back and groin. I would say everything was successful because other than waking up sore in the hammies and worked in the quads there is no discomfort from the injury other than a slightly tight lower back.

This mornings workout was a Back Day.

DB Rows w/ exaggerated stretch - 55x12, 75x10, 85x10, 95x10, 95x10, 95x10 - Wow by the end of those 95's I was pulling with everything I had. It was hard to keep bringing the dumbbell back toward my hips so it had a nice arch like it should.

Meadows Rows - 90x10, 90x10, 90x10 - These are much harder being the 2nd exercise in the back especially after the rows had worn me out. Man these things are really work!

I was supposed to do Deadlifts next but I trained SLDL this weekend and didn't want to over do it with my back so I decided to add a Width exercise instead.

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns - 165x12, 180x10, 195x10, 210x8 - these felt really good, and the last set was a beast.

Stretchers with 2 second stretch per rep - 150x12, 150x12 - Man the stretchers are so awesome. YOu can feel your lats engorging more and more with blood every rep. It actually starts to hurt so good.

I was done by the time this was over and my lats were so full it was ridiculous and even my rear delts were popping nicely squaring off the back side of my shoulders. My inner upper back is thrashed right now. It is so done. I can't wait to go home and do a little foam rolling on it and get on the Teeter Table. My boss gave me his this weekend and man does it seem to help. I can feel it stretching my spine out and even trying to level my hip. Which was part of the reason my back tweeked out in the first place. Uneven hips are No Bueno!

Here are some pictures of me as of this morning. Seems the 2 months I was sidelined basically took me right back to where I was 2 months before I got injured. Not horrible and not great. So I have some catching up to do. I am borderline disgusted with these pics, I know for an average weight lifter I don't look bad. Yet I know where I just came from. Certainly I recognize the fact I was sidelined for a while. I started gaining quickly with the elevated carbs and had to put a stop to that but didn't want to diet while not really doing enough exercise so I wouldn't slow my metabolism down even more, or lose more size. However that doesn't change the frustration and aggravation at where I am now compared to before. That is okay because I am ready to make some progress now.

These are just waking up, dry weight of 205.5 lbs with no pump or anything.

11-18-13 Flexed Post injury starting point.jpg

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workouts look sick, and Kleen you ain't looking so bad yourself.. like how those shorts grip your buttcheeks... wait wut?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! Still holding the shape my friend. Not far off from before at all. Now get your ass in mine and Steve's log.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On the way.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you're back where you started. I think you're still ahead of that, as your abs are still clearly visible. It's good to see that you're in good spirits, even considering the minor setback. All the reading I've done on meadows' stuff leads me to believe it's going to work wonders for you. Keep that back fresh and all will be well.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Abs still visible, serrated still poking through, I'd say your still in pretty good shape there kleen. Shorter, heavier and leaner than me still!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Still holding the shape my friend. Not far off from before at all. Now get your ass in mine and Steve's log.
Thanks Monte!

I don't think you're back where you started. I think you're still ahead of that, as your abs are still clearly visible. It's good to see that you're in good spirits, even considering the minor setback. All the reading I've done on meadows' stuff leads me to believe it's going to work wonders for you. Keep that back fresh and all will be well.
Thanks Troop! I went back and looked and I am about where I was bodyfat wise as I was 6/10/13 but a little over 3 lbs heavier. So you are right better than I thought.

Abs still visible, serrated still poking through, I'd say your still in pretty good shape there kleen. Shorter, heavier and leaner than me still!
Thanks Luke! I am notorious for being hard on myself. I think all of us can be. Bodybuilding, or Physique enhancement in general requires a very self critical aspect. Keeping the balance of appreciating ones progress and recognizing where more can be made can be a challenging task.

So today was supposed to be a chest and shoulders day but I only hit chest this morning. I ran into a friend who is an Occupational Therapist and she asked where I had been. I told her about my back and sciatic and she asked if I had time for her to show me how to get the sciatic back in place. So obviously there was no way I was turning down free advice from a professional. She had me get on the floor and lay down with my legs straight and feet together then told me to sit up. As soon as I did my left foot flexed bring the toes back toward me. She was like yep it is still impinged in there, and pretty good. She kneeled down and had me put my leg on her shoulder just under my calve and hook it and try to press her down with my lower leg. Just kind of like a leg curl, leaving the butt on the floor and not using any of the hip or glutes. As soon as I did I could feel my piriformis kind of stretching a bit. We did it about 3 times for about 5-10 seconds. Then she had me lay down again and sit up, this time my left foot only flexed back about half as far. So we did it again for about 20 seconds and did the sit up again and my foot barely flexed at all. She told me I need to do this a little more and that should line it out.

So I didn't do shoulders but I learned how to help this thing in a much more direct way, and she said if I were in the middle of an attack it would have provided some immediate relief. Very happy to have learned this today. Tonight I will go to the garage or the gym and bust out some shoulders. If not then I will do them tomorrow morning.

Oh by they way holy hell my legs are sore. Trying to sit on the toilet is not a fun thing.

This mornings lift

Hammer Strength MTS Incline Bench - WU sets 40x12, 60x12, 70x12, 80x12, Work Sets 100x12, 120x10, 130x4, 120x7 - I think this one I did one to many warm ups because I was not able to push the weight I did last time, and I only did 3 warm up sets last workout. Either way I was working hard!

DB Low Incline Bench - 85x6, 85x6, 95x8, 95x7 - Was giving it some hell to get to 8 on the last set but it wasn't gonna happen.

Life Fitness Chest Press - 165x15, 150x12 - I just couldn't budge it after the 12th rep. I tried, moved about an inch and got stuck. This mahine is simply my favorite stack loaded chest press machine. Same one from last time, I love it because you can start in a stretched position, and the resistance always feels heavier and is smooth.

Stretch Push Ups 2 seconds stretch 2x to failure - 21 & 14 - I had a ridiculous pump here at the end, it is a few hours later now and I still have a pump in my chest!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet! Pre-workout foreplay!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! Pre-workout foreplay!
Shhhh, don't tell the Queen. She is the only one allowed to stretch my ass out. Normally by planting her foot in it.