Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow man...them calves are ridiculous!!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
In brother! Hope the TNP treats you as well as I'm hoping it well.

Mad calves btw!!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's got Mad Calves disease...LOL...Im stupid!!!!LOL

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sick calves Mr. Kleen!

I'm the runt out of my brothers. The youngest is 6'4" and sitting around 290. He's farmboy strong too. Tosses me around like a rag doll.

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Loving this log. Great stuff. Keep killing it Kleen!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed...and those are some sick calves!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone. They are a gift honestly. I can't take any credit for them don't work them hard or they look stupid big. That is just how they look walking around and cardio. Enjoying my rest day today. Going to consume a large amount of meat here shortly then relax with my lovely wife and a movie. Will do 3 site body fat test tomorrow morning before I go to gym.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am real curious as to what you come up with on BF%. Maybe under 10%?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He looks under 10% already, I have seen him at around 10% before and this looks a bit leaner and tighter to me...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 4 update - Body Fat & corrected body weight.

I am real curious as to what you come up with on BF%. Maybe under 10%?
Second that!!!:32:
He looks under 10% already, I have seen him at around 10% before and this looks a bit leaner and tighter to me...
Well Gentlemen, I am about to tell you.

Today was my day for getting my stats in. I got to the gym and luckily they had re-calibrated the scale so it would zero out and I am weighing in at 199.5 which is exactly in line with my weight for the past 2 weeks. As opposed to the other day when I couldn’t get the scale to zero out which was lower than usual. So we will go with 199.5 for my starting point just to keep things accurate for what is going on with my body and the product. I am going to go ahead and make Mondays my weigh in day from now on. This will do a couple things, one give me consistency across the weigh ins, and keep me from going overboard on food and drink over the weekends. If I have to do body fat and weigh in on Monday I am not going to go nuts on Sunday which will keep me progressing faster.

So you all are wondering if I am ever going to get to it? Am I ever going to actually let you all in on the body fat results? I did three different sets of test. On all pinches the chest and legs were seven millimeters, and the abdominal pinch was the only one that varied. I had two pinches at fourteen millimeters, and one at sixteen millimeters. It came up to nine point three percent twice and nine point nine percent once. So we can say I am right at nine and a half percent right now. So that comes out to basically one hundred eighty and a half lbs lean body mass, and nineteen lbs fat.

Yes I really did just type all of that out just to keep you in suspense. No skimming to get the percentage. LOL

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Today was my day for getting my stats in. I got to the gym and luckily they had re-calibrated the scale so it would zero out and I am weighing in at 199.5 which is exactly in line with my weight for the past 2 weeks. As opposed to the other day when I couldn’t get the scale to zero out which was lower than usual. So we will go with 199.5 for my starting point just to keep things accurate for what is going on with my body and the product. I am going to go ahead and make Mondays my weigh in day from now on. This will do a couple things, one give me consistency across the weigh ins, and keep me from going overboard on food and drink over the weekends. If I have to do body fat and weigh in on Monday I am not going to go nuts on Sunday which will keep me progressing faster.

So you all are wondering if I am ever going to get to it? Am I ever going to actually let you all in on the body fat results? I did three different sets of test. On all pinches the chest and legs were seven millimeters, and the abdominal pinch was the only one that varied. I had two pinches at fourteen millimeters, and one at sixteen millimeters. It came up to nine point three percent twice and nine point nine percent once. So we can say I am right at nine and a half percent right now. So that comes out to basically one hundred eighty and a half lbs lean body mass, and nineteen lbs fat.

Yes I really did just type all of that out just to keep you in suspense. No skimming to get the percentage. LOL
Cliffs?

:D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here are the Cliff Notes.
5-16-11 Body Fat 9.5, LBM 180.5 lbs, Fat 19 lbs

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does the liquid taste like and are there any effects felt in your mouth from it?

Nice BF% by the way!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What does the liquid taste like and are there any effects felt in your mouth from it?

Nice BF% by the way!
Well there is maybe a slight citrus taste to the liquid and you can feel the granules of the progestin or something in the liquid. I actually hold it for longer than a minute though unless on may out the door or something. I just hold it under my tongue until my mouth gets relatively full because it starts watering then swish it around really good and swallow. Nothing negative about the experience at all. I guess there is a slight feel to my mucus membranes like cheeks upper gums and what not for a few minutes after using it too but faint and wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up. However the final will come in pill form from what I remember reading.

I am noticing more energy, a craving for intense activity and great pumps. I am not sure regarding appetite because I tend to eat heavier on weekends.
We shall see but the good news is I am definitely feeling something so far and so are the other loggers which is a good sign.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Told you he was under 10...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Told you he was under 10...
Yes Sir you were right. I was kind of thinking I might be but I wasn't going to claim it without having calipers to back me up. Has been a little bit since I have been down here. :) I should look pretty good here in a few weeks, not saying I don't now but I mean much better. I was looking through the progression from 9 down through about 6 and man the changes happened fast. Of course then I was on a contest diet and now I am trying for rapid recomp with more focus on fat loss but who knows if everything works out between Lean Gains, and being "ON" I may lose fat as fast as I did during the contest prep. Who knows.

Boy is the wife gonna be shaking her head if I get low and lean and start eyeballing contests. LOL!!! No right now that isn't in the cards but then again, I know myself too.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well there is maybe a slight citrus taste to the liquid and you can feel the granules of the progestin or something in the liquid. I actually hold it for longer than a minute though unless on may out the door or something. I just hold it under my tongue until my mouth gets relatively full because it starts watering then swish it around really good and swallow. Nothing negative about the experience at all. I guess there is a slight feel to my mucus membranes like cheeks upper gums and what not for a few minutes after using it too but faint and wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up. However the final will come in pill form from what I remember reading.

I am noticing more energy, a craving for intense activity and great pumps. I am not sure regarding appetite because I tend to eat heavier on weekends.
We shall see but the good news is I am definitely feeling something so far and so are the other loggers which is a good sign.
I would agree, it is somewhat of a bitter citrus flavor. Not great by any means, but not something to make you shy away from it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wondering how your shoulder tendons adapts to the increased strength.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
wondering how your shoulder tendons adapts to the increased strength.
Shoulder feels great. I can tell I am still in recovery, but I have been moving up relatively slow. I have not had any injury type feelings since I strained one of the rotator cuff muscles about 3-4 weeks ago. Once I let that heal up things got a bit better. No issues with joint. I was very lucky not to have any muscular, ligament or tendon damage with my original shoulder injury, only the labrum or cartilage on the ball of my humerus was damaged. So the issue I had 3-4 weeks ago was one of reconditioning (pushing to hard on an out of shape muscle) and not of aggravating the injury that was repaired. Short of doing something really stupid I would say I am in the clear regarding reinjuring the shoulder. Now it is just making sure stabilizers are caught up to the surrounding musculature and progressing with the weights in micro increments. I believe I am actually going to go by Home Depot tonight if the wife does not have other plans for me. I have a few plans to make my incremental weights and once done I will share what I end up with as well as what they cost me to come up with. Not sure if I will go with links of chain or a large box of washers and some type of fastener.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I took my third dose of progestin about 30 minutes ago, had another meal and will have my last dose before bed. I have about 700 calories left for today will be having salmon tonight with some steamed brocolli and some source of carbs. Probably a banana.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoulder feels great. I can tell I am still in recovery, but I have been moving up relatively slow. I have not had any injury type feelings since I strained one of the rotator cuff muscles about 3-4 weeks ago. Once I let that heal up things got a bit better. No issues with joint. I was very lucky not to have any muscular, ligament or tendon damage with my original shoulder injury, only the labrum or cartilage on the ball of my humerus was damaged. So the issue I had 3-4 weeks ago was one of reconditioning (pushing to hard on an out of shape muscle) and not of aggravating the injury that was repaired. Short of doing something really stupid I would say I am in the clear regarding reinjuring the shoulder. Now it is just making sure stabilizers are caught up to the surrounding musculature and progressing with the weights in micro increments. I believe I am actually going to go by Home Depot tonight if the wife does not have other plans for me. I have a few plans to make my incremental weights and once done I will share what I end up with as well as what they cost me to come up with. Not sure if I will go with links of chain or a large box of washers and some type of fastener.
They also sell surgical tubing there by the foot, if you thought of going in that direction, you could always increase the number of surgical bands that you use as far as increasing your resistance, just a thought, I saw it at the Ho-Po just the other day!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can you put this on dumbbells? if so got an article or video?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

bwahahahaha!!! I love that Kleen! that is genious man....dont want nobody taking the easy road to find out the results huh?:stooges:

Good job BTW!! Lean, mean, and Kleen!! :bigok:

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, just a couple days late and already 4 pages in!!!! Really looking fwd to this, Eric really has a solid lineup cookin.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes Sir you were right. I was kind of thinking I might be but I wasn't going to claim it without having calipers to back me up. Has been a little bit since I have been down here. :) I should look pretty good here in a few weeks, not saying I don't now but I mean much better. I was looking through the progression from 9 down through about 6 and man the changes happened fast. Of course then I was on a contest diet and now I am trying for rapid recomp with more focus on fat loss but who knows if everything works out between Lean Gains, and being "ON" I may lose fat as fast as I did during the contest prep. Who knows.

Boy is the wife gonna be shaking her head if I get low and lean and start eyeballing contests. LOL!!! No right now that isn't in the cards but then again, I know myself too.
Yah I'll be watching closely cuz you are doing what I plan to do at the start of my prep and we are a lot alike...

Yah my wife is not big on me competing, maybe with lean gains being easier on my psyche she will have a change of heart.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Remember Chris....unless your completely dry a couple of pounds(of non-LBM) are water. So you have LESS then 19 lbs of fat. If you dry up you may drop a percent or so depending on how much water you are carrying.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They also sell surgical tubing there by the foot, if you thought of going in that direction, you could always increase the number of surgical bands that you use as far as increasing your resistance, just a thought, I saw it at the Ho-Po just the other day!
Yeah I thought about that as well, but for this I need a constant resistance to guage strength increase. May get some to use for other exercises though.
can you put this on dumbbells? if so got an article or video?
The ones I am going to try to make should not be a problem. I didn't make it to Home Depot last night so will have to be tomorrow or something. I have other things going on tonight.

Wow, just a couple days late and already 4 pages in!!!! Really looking fwd to this, Eric really has a solid lineup cookin.
Yeah the line up is starting to get interesting quickly.
Yah I'll be watching closely cuz you are doing what I plan to do at the start of my prep and we are a lot alike...

Yah my wife is not big on me competing, maybe with lean gains being easier on my psyche she will have a change of heart.
Yeah maybe, I told the wife I am competing at least 1 more time so I need to make sure I am set and ready to go when the time comes.

Remember Chris....unless your completely dry a couple of pounds(of non-LBM) are water. So you have LESS then 19 lbs of fat. If you dry up you may drop a percent or so depending on how much water you are carrying.
Actually any water I am holding would benefit my composition regarding LBM more so now even though not helping my physique. Water is considered part of LBM and if I were to lose some of that water volume in my muscle that will lower my overall Lean Mass. However it won't change the caliper readings so it will look like a LBM loss. I was definitely a little full, but not watery at all so I will have to keep that in mind on my next weigh in. That is typically why I always weighed in before in a depleted state. However I don't really have a fully depleted state any more on lean gains so that is hard to achieve. Sunday is my maintenance calorie day so hopefully Mondays are decently consistent regarding my levels of glycogen and water saturation.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 5 - Lower Body Day part 1 - 5/17/11

So I did my usual and took my 1.5 scoops of WYKED, it has not lost any of it's potency yet at this dose. Still a nice flow of energy, not a rush that feels like it is taking me with it but more of a directed energy. I also took my progestin dose pre workout.

12 Reps 2-0-2 tempo

Leg Press - 4 Plates, 12 plates, 14 plates +20, 14 plates +40 - finally starting to have to dig a little to get the reps out on the last set. Keeping the weight moving slowly takes a good bit of control and adds to the work needed just to move the weight. I increased 20 lbs on each of the last 2 sets ending up 20 lbs heavier for the final set. Basically progressing as expected. I will lower the amount of weight I am increasing per workout to 10 lbs once I hit 16 plates unless strength just surges however I do expect to begin to slow down on my progress soon at least while I am working towards leaning up quite a bit.

Calve Press - 230x15, 275x15 increase both a little just to kind of get a little push on them.

Inverted hangs on Roman Chair. 2 sets of 2 minute hangs.

Tonight I will do my Trap Bar Dead Lifts. Should be good to go be hitting a landmark weight at 315 x 20 with no wraps. After this jump we will see how it feels and if I think I need to move to 5 lb increments or if sticking with 10 lb increments makes more sense. It really just depends on how hard the 315 is tonight. Of course I will be doing incline shrugs as well to finish of my traps and retracting muscles of the upper back.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah maybe, I told the wife I am competing at least 1 more time so I need to make sure I am set and ready to go when the time comes.
Sometimes I get the feeling we are leading identical lives :blink:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes I get the feeling we are leading identical lives :blink:
Me too! I am hoping that this next contest will be a little more clock work. If I can get down around 5-6 with lean gains then work on an approach I should be good to go. No panicking this time around, and I already know that I can come in conditioned to the gills and in better shape than a lot of the guys competing on a regional level. I didn't realize that my first show I was competing with Advanced National level competitors going for a Pro card my first contest. However this time around I know what to expect.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me too! I am hoping that this next contest will be a little more clock work. If I can get down around 5-6 with lean gains then work on an approach I should be good to go. No panicking this time around, and I already know that I can come in conditioned to the gills and in better shape than a lot of the guys competing on a regional level. I didn't realize that my first show I was competing with Advanced National level competitors going for a Pro card my first contest. However this time around I know what to expect.
You could be good to go, in the manner you want to do it in the early fall...you could be ready much sooner but I think the idea of letting lean gains take you as far as you can is a good one. Much less hard dieting if any, we still don't know... that's why I'm watching so closely... How low can you go...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could be good to go, in the manner you want to do it in the early fall...you could be ready much sooner but I think the idea of letting lean gains take you as far as you can is a good one. Much less hard dieting if any, we still don't know... that's why I'm watching so closely... How low can you go...
I have to admit, I am still very amazed by the results you guys are getting from Lean-Gains, I mean it is so different than everything I have been taught about human metabolism, etc. I admit it makes sense when you read it, but then again, so did eating for your Blood-Type and that didn't work worth $hit for me, LoL!!! As soon as I get this school stress behind me, I'm going to have to give it a go myself, I'm just hearing way too much positivity about it, is there anyone out there that has anything negative to say about it, even if it is just that it didn't work for them, I'm just curious???

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to admit, I am still very amazed by the results you guys are getting from Lean-Gains, I mean it is so different than everything I have been taught about human metabolism, etc. I admit it makes sense when you read it, but then again, so did eating for your Blood-Type and that didn't work worth $hit for me, LoL!!! As soon as I get this school stress behind me, I'm going to have to give it a go myself, I'm just hearing way too much positivity about it, is there anyone out there that has anything negative to say about it, even if it is just that it didn't work for them, I'm just curious???
I personally can't see it working well for ecto's, I could be wrong maybe adjustments can be made... Fast and gorge is just like second nature for me. Small eating has me satisfied 0% of the time where as now I am satisfied about 65% of the time. On top of that I get additional fat burning from the fasting and throw in some muscle gain due to an increase in efficiancy in uptake of nutrients.... Fast and gorge!! Fast and gorge!!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm getting fat, but I'm also eating more calories than I "should" be some days, though I think my weekly totals are good.

Not sure yet, but going 20% over maintenance 5 days a week and below maintenance 20% twice a week may be too much for "lean" gains/bulk.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally can't see it working well for ecto's, I could be wrong maybe adjustments can be made... Fast and gorge is just like second nature for me. Small eating has me satisfied 0% of the time where as now I am satisfied about 65% of the time. On top of that I get additional fat burning from the fasting and throw in some muscle gain due to an increase in efficiancy in uptake of nutrients.... Fast and gorge!! Fast and gorge!!
GREAT, I am an ecto! I never carry much BF, I am FAT when I am around 15%, but I also never look at my diet to control BF. I eat whatever I want, when it is time for summer I can easily drop to ~10% with minimal effort. Should I even look into Leangains?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I am not an ectomorph, I promise you that... Endomorph all the way, that picture of me ripped was after following a 12wk pre-contest diet, 6 small meals a day (0% satisfaction as far as being full/happy as well). But, as you can see, the results were stellar! I guess I only doubt it will work for me, because whenever something sounds too good to be true... it usually is! Again, not doubting or saying it isn't working for you guys, but if it worked as well for me that it is working for you guys, that would truly be a dream come true!!! :fingersx: (fingers crossed) because I am going to try it, just a matter of time to get my school stuff in order before I can truly give this thing my 100%, not going to start something and do it half-A$$, not my style!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I am not an ectomorph, I promise you that... Endomorph all the way, that picture of me ripped was after following a 12wk pre-contest diet, 6 small meals a day (0% satisfaction as far as being full/happy as well). But, as you can see, the results were stellar! I guess I only doubt it will work for me, because whenever something sounds too good to be true... it usually is! Again, not doubting or saying it isn't working for you guys, but if it worked as well for me that it is working for you guys, that would truly be a dream come true!!! :fingersx: (fingers crossed) because I am going to try it, just a matter of time to get my school stuff in order before I can truly give this thing my 100%, not going to start something and do it half-A$$, not my style!
Al one thing we don't really know yet is how low this diet can take you. My guess is that Chris is on the right track and it will take him to around 6%. He may have to adopt a more conventional method after that or maybe not. Watch this log closely, he's doing important work here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes there are some that said they did not enjoy it as much. One person said they didn't see much if any difference at all with this method of dieting compared to others. Most people seem to have very positive experiences with it so far. MB mentions that only a handfull of the people he has ever worked with ever decide to go back to a regular type of eating plan. I mention the benefits as I see them in a post in the LG/IF thread explaining the difference being level of satisfaction with life in general while on both. I mean we all know that you can get down to 4% on a 6 meals a day plan. Looking at the Lean Gains site there are example after example of people getting down in the 5% range. Now he does not do body building contest prep but that isn't to say that one could not be done easily with this method either. Especially if using Skiploading as the premise for the loading phase.

I think this is a big factor here if you like the fasting and gorging then this is for you. I think it just feels natural to us because it is actually more natural.

I also think that there are people out there that have better adapted to the grains and carbs and multiple meal approach and due to that adaptation they find this to be less of a "Natural" way of eating. For them and their adaptive selves they are better off following what they enjoy the most.

I'm getting fat, but I'm also eating more calories than I "should" be some days, though I think my weekly totals are good.

Not sure yet, but going 20% over maintenance 5 days a week and below maintenance 20% twice a week may be too much for "lean" gains/bulk.
I was thinking about this earlier since we tend to suggest this that when lifting more than 3-4 times a week you will spend a lot more time in a surplus than you would in a deficit which would end up causing a gain for sure. I tend to think that what you do on a given day should also have a little to do with your intake. On upper body day I have been averaging about 2700 cals, but on lower body days I have been taking in about 3000 even up to 3200 on occasion. Of course I only have 3 lifting days a week so I can move those around a bit. I think if you are on a 5 day training split you have to look at your days and decide what days you just need say maintenance or to use as a low calorie day. Lets say you have a day for arms. No need to have a bunch of extra calories for that day. Use it as a low day or at most a maintenance caloric level. I am keeping track of my food intake but I change it around. Varying Carb levels and what not.

For instance today I just had my fast breaking meal.
1/4 cup cherry juice infused cranberries 26 g carbs
1 blueberry bagel 68 grams carbs 11 grams protein
2 tspn strawberry preserves 32 grams carbs
14 oz Pork Loin no visible fat 98 grams protein 14 fat
1/2 cup of oats 27 grams carbs, 5 grams of protein, 3 fat

Totals for meal
Protein 114 grams 456 calories
Fats - 18.5 grams 166.5 calories
Carbs - 153 grams - 612 calories

Also taking 3 grams Di-Creatine Malate with fast breaking and post work out meal today.

Meal Total 1234.5 cals Man I couldn't have added that up intentionally to come out to 12345 but there it is. Must mean that meal is right in line with gaining some muscle mass!!!!

Meal 2 will be 1 banana, 2.5 scoops protein powder and 2 tbls of crunchy peanut butter mixed into a smoothie.

Banana 30 c, 1 p
Protein Powder 58p, 6.25 fat, 7.5 carbs
Peanut Butter 8 p , 16 fat, 6 carbs

67 protein -268 cals
24.25 fats 218.25 cals
36 carbs 144 cals
total cals 630.25

Total for 2 meals 1864.5 cals leaving no less than 900 and no more than 1135 for dinner after I do my dead lifts.

I will have at least 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese 30 grams protein, and then the rest will either be via chicken breast or protein shake if not a combination of the 2.

I will make sure I get in about 100 grams of protein about 100 grams of carbs and another 20 ish grams in fats. Giving me about 1000 more calories for the day which is right inline with my current goals.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
A little late but subbed. Been ignoring my AM responsibilities as of late. Great log thus far. Good luck with the "TNP".

Last edited:
Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking if I wanted to keep gains "lean" then I would have to reduce calories on some working days to maintenance, so we're thinking the same way Chris. I just hate giving up the big eating, it's so much fun!

But today was quads, so I get to pig out! I think I'm going to make some sludge now!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think this is a big factor here if you like the fasting and gorging then this is for you. I think it just feels natural to us because it is actually more natural.

I also think that there are people out there that have better adapted to the grains and carbs and multiple meal approach and due to that adaptation they find this to be less of a "Natural" way of eating. For them and their adaptive selves they are better off following what they enjoy the most.
yah that is more or less what I was getting at. I just think of myself as having a less evolved metabolism where I have not adjusted to the grains and carbs... That's why my diet is 50% protein as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking if I wanted to keep gains "lean" then I would have to reduce calories on some working days to maintenance, so we're thinking the same way Chris. I just hate giving up the big eating, it's so much fun!

But today was quads, so I get to pig out! I think I'm going to make some sludge now!
Amen! I love the big eating. I am taking advantage of what I hope to be some increased protein synthesis and added nutrient partitioning that would typically come along with a PH/DS cycle as you can tell I am up by about 50 grams on carbs already. I will more than likely even add another 30 or so grams to my second meal and shore some off of what I was going to have post workout since that is a lot so close to bed but then again according to MB it shouldn't matter that much.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amen! I love the big eating. I am taking advantage of what I hope to be some increased protein synthesis and added nutrient partitioning that would typically come along with a PH/DS cycle as you can tell I am up by about 50 grams on carbs already. I will more than likely even add another 30 or so grams to my second meal and shore some off of what I was going to have post workout since that is a lot so close to bed but then again according to MB it shouldn't matter that much.
The diet itself causes an increase in nutrient uptake, can't imagine how it's going to be on cycle... we're talking about some pretty big steaks here....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The diet itself causes an increase in nutrient uptake, can't imagine how it's going to be on cycle... we're talking about some pretty big steaks here....
I am going to be going to a few meat markets soon and see who will give me the best deal on buying an entire sirlion. I would love to get about 100 lbs of sirlion in various different cuts. Will be much cheaper that way too.

Yeah, calorie wise I am probably actually being really conservative here but I have a goal. I do expect my muscles to soak this up no problem at all. I am also keeping fat relatively low for me on training days. If I were to template it I would say roundabout goals are 275p, 300c, and 80 fat for a 3000 calorie day, and 250, 250 and 80 for 2700 calorie day.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I've wondered about this for a while, and how things woudl need to be adjusted when concentrating on muscle gain to keep the fat gain down. It seem like it would be more effective to lift 4 days a week (+20%) and cardio or rest day 3 days a week (-20%) I think thats what I'm going to move towards in a few weeks and adjust as necessary depending on my BF% at the time and whether I do a straight bulk or recomp

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn, kleen you live in houston...shouldn't be that hard to find a slaughter house to fix you up. hell even here in indy i know several different places that kill the cow and butcher it on site. and you are right, it is much cheaper buying in bulk.

btw-years ago i did drain cleaning for roto rooter, slaughterhouse drains are a bitch, lol.