Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/7/23 - Morning Weight 202.4

Sorry for what is probably a lot of scrolling. They changed the format on the app which looks nice in the app but makes a decent copy and paste impossible. I am hoping at some point they offer an export to Excel or something. I emailed them to ask for this ability.

I kicked my own ass last night. Added extra reps throughout, and went to failure or 0RIR on last set of all exercises. Although not sore, my legs are toast. Hard to get up off the toilet, not painful just requires a lot more effort. My calves seem to have just woken up and got ready to train yesterday. I used the original intended weight and it was far to light. So I warmed up to what felt like real work and landed at 3 plates per side. Calves were so pumped they were aching. A little worried walking might be hard tomorrow. I can't imagine my calves not getting sore from that session.

The next 2 sessions are going to be seriously challenging. I am going to do all sets as MYOREP Match sets. Which is gonna kick my ass since I will be going to 0RIR and failure on the final Myorep. I may opt to skip calves Saturday if I get too sore from today. I don't have any desire to be limping around San Francisco especially with all of the hills I will be walking around on. When my calves do get sore they get very sore.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/8/23 - Morning Weight 202.2 down another .2lbs from yesterday.

Today is a fasting day. Hoping to see a little more progress on the scale after this fast. I will be taking my walk at lunch as usual, and then just trying to rest and repair in the evening. I was up a little late last night, so I may just attempt to get an extra hour or so of sleep if I am tired when I get home.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The only thing that might be a bummer for you is that you wont' be able to "search" your threads for keywords if you use the images instead. I know when I'm trying to find something in my log I might go page by page but I'll use the "search in this page" feature for "deadlift" or "bench" or "weight" etc so I can find out what I did "back then" lol.

Hard to get up off the toilet,
we all know that feeling all too well 😅😅😅😅😅😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The only thing that might be a bummer for you is that you wont' be able to "search" your threads for keywords if you use the images instead. I know when I'm trying to find something in my log I might go page by page but I'll use the "search in this page" feature for "deadlift" or "bench" or "weight" etc so I can find out what I did "back then" lol.

we all know that feeling all too well 😅😅😅😅😅😅
Yeah, I was happier with the other format for printing but happier with the modifications to the app as far as functionality. I think a simple export option will help fix it. Not sure if that is planned but I think it should be. I want to be able to look across a meso and see how I progressed in one sheet or something.

Agreed, searching within a thread is very helpful. I just did a quick walk up the ramps of the parking garage for a 12 story walk up the garage. My legs got tired pretty quickly too. LMAO, today's walk is gonna be a fun one. LMAO!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I was happier with the other format for printing but happier with the modifications to the app as far as functionality. I think a simple export option will help fix it. Not sure if that is planned but I think it should be. I want to be able to look across a meso and see how I progressed in one sheet or something.

Agreed, searching within a thread is very helpful. I just did a quick walk up the ramps of the parking garage for a 12 story walk up the garage. My legs got tired pretty quickly too. LMAO, today's walk is gonna be a fun one. LMAO!
I think we can all feel your pain on that one.🤕
56E275F1-9531-4455-B47C-6D3F4E92A31A.png

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Man that was a killer workout!!!
I know in a podcast Mike said that he wanted feed back from the beta testers to implement into the app so I’m sure they are going to be pretty responsive.
I know it’s a very small detail but I am really happy with the dark theme they rolled out.

Also if you click on your profile they have an option to create custom exercises. He also I’m pretty sure said that they were going to take custom exercises that people create and go through them and the decent ones add to the list of options to choose.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/9/23 - Morning Weight 200.2 lbs - Dropped 2.2 lbs.

Pre Workout - Pump Addict - 1.5 scoops
Peri-Workout Drink - Usual 90g carb mix with 35g whey.

I really pushed this one. Extra Reps, and or increased weight. Most every MYO REP 0RIR to failure and failure on a lot of the last sets. I also did MyoRep Match Sets on everything but the rows. I definitely need this deload now. ;) Legs today are going to be brutal...

6/10/23 - Morning Weight 199.4 - This is a new low! Which is good because I will be eating in a surplus all week during my deload. I will use a little lighter weight 10% or so, work all exercises to about a 3-4RIR and cut sets in half from what I am doing now. Of course I may do other exercises too. My upper back on my right side is pretty beat up so I may extend the deload if I feel I need to before pushing into a new meso. That muscle is still a little pulled and barks every once in a while, but joints are doing pretty good!

I will be going to the gym in about an hour. Letting my last meal digest. We went out toa Tex-Mrx place that makes a hellagood Tres leches which when done well is hands down my favorite cake. Anyway I was proud of myself for not getting any. It would just take up too many of my macros. So, both BOO!!!!! and YAY!!!! :)

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
6/9/23 - Morning Weight 200.2 lbs - Dropped 2.2 lbs.

Pre Workout - Pump Addict - 1.5 scoops
Peri-Workout Drink - Usual 90g carb mix with 35g whey.

View attachment 233071
View attachment 233072
View attachment 233073

I really pushed this one. Extra Reps, and or increased weight. Most every MYO REP 0RIR to failure and failure on a lot of the last sets. I also did MyoRep Match Sets on everything but the rows. I definitely need this deload now. ;) Legs today are going to be brutal...

6/10/23 - Morning Weight 199.4 - This is a new low! Which is good because I will be eating in a surplus all week during my deload. I will use a little lighter weight 10% or so, work all exercises to about a 3-4RIR and cut sets in half from what I am doing now. Of course I may do other exercises too. My upper back on my right side is pretty beat up so I may extend the deload if I feel I need to before pushing into a new meso. That muscle is still a little pulled and barks every once in a while, but joints are doing pretty good!

I will be going to the gym in about an hour. Letting my last meal digest. We went out toa Tex-Mrx place that makes a hellagood Tres leches which when done well is hands down my favorite cake. Anyway I was proud of myself for not getting any. It would just take up too many of my macros. So, both BOO!!!!! and YAY!!!! :)
That’s another great session man!! Congrats on the new low too that’s awesome work and way to get it done!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s another great session man!! Congrats on the new low too that’s awesome work and way to get it done!
Thanks drinking my Pre-Workout now. Going to go hit up Fitness Connection and do some Smith Squats again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Under 200! Man means business!!!

Good job not eating the cake - it will be there whenever it’s truly time to have some!
Yes Sir! Thanks and agreed! Already making some better decisions out here too.
Holy crap our scales are going to intersect soon
Well maybe not too soon. I am eating bigger this week to grow during my deload.

I ended up short on time for Saturday's Leg session, and couldn't do smith squats because the bar was pressing into the part of my trap that is slightly pulled. So I opted for Quad Focus Walking lunges. These were extremely brutal. I was pretty much toast after them then going into reverse lunges I was humbled by the effort. It was already getting pretty late and i promised Jo I would come home to spend time with her so I called it after the glutes. I probably could have done some productive Leg Curls but honestly I felt completely spent after the walking lunges.

It may not seem like much of a lead in to my deload but it was very taxing and had to help myself off the floor with my hands a few times. I think my legs were already pushing being beat and this just put them over the edge.

No scale to weigh on in the mornings but this morning under some decent downlighting my abs were the most defined they have been in a while. I assume that won't be the case after the end of the week but I was rather pleased with my reflection this morning. Just finished a large chicken and rice Mediterranean bowl with double chicken and a good amount of hummus. Good mixed macro meal for sure. Tonight is kind of a relaxed night. I may do a little walking but honestly I am tired and may just see if we have a pool or hot tub in the hotel I can chill in instead.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes Sir! Thanks and agreed! Already making some better decisions out here too.
Well maybe not too soon. I am eating bigger this week to grow during my deload.

I ended up short on time for Saturday's Leg session, and couldn't do smith squats because the bar was pressing into the part of my trap that is slightly pulled. So I opted for Quad Focus Walking lunges. These were extremely brutal. I was pretty much toast after them then going into reverse lunges I was humbled by the effort. It was already getting pretty late and i promised Jo I would come home to spend time with her so I called it after the glutes. I probably could have done some productive Leg Curls but honestly I felt completely spent after the walking lunges.

View attachment 233137

It may not seem like much of a lead in to my deload but it was very taxing and had to help myself off the floor with my hands a few times. I think my legs were already pushing being beat and this just put them over the edge.

No scale to weigh on in the mornings but this morning under some decent downlighting my abs were the most defined they have been in a while. I assume that won't be the case after the end of the week but I was rather pleased with my reflection this morning. Just finished a large chicken and rice Mediterranean bowl with double chicken and a good amount of hummus. Good mixed macro meal for sure. Tonight is kind of a relaxed night. I may do a little walking but honestly I am tired and may just see if we have a pool or hot tub in the hotel I can chill in instead.
Sounds like some brutal work now it’s time for a little relaxation!! Hot tub sounds pretty legit. A de load week and re feeding you going to be the beast!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/13/23 - No scale, but looking ridiculously full! My legs were looking pretty big and full this morning, abs have retreated a little but that is to be expected with all the carbs and salt. Finding reasonably healthy food fare with enough protein is almost impossible here. It is either super fattening, or friggin vegan / vegetarian... Had a breakfast burrito this morning, being take out for Mexican for lunch shortly. So just kind of going along with it. I think I probably got about 2800-3200 calories in yesterday, and probably only 150, maybe up to 170g protein, but plenty carbs, and mostly healthy fats. I think I may look for some protein bars today somewhere to get my protein numbers up.

Going to do my deload session today, but my right mid trap or rhomboids, or maybe even one of the RC muscles is really barking today. I was hoping it would start to resolve with some time off, and it may but right now it is not feeling good at all. The odd thing is it does not hurt during any of my exercises so I don't even know what it is that I am doing that is aggravating it. This is what I was worried about once I got to a certain level with my training this shoulder would start acting up again since I was never able to correct it. So if this time it stays like this I am going to really push to have it fixed before I get any older. Hopefully just a tweak that will resolve over the course of a week or two deload. I will likely schedule some ART for next week when I get back to Houston. See if that can correct it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is either super fattening, or friggin vegan / vegetarian... Had a breakfast burrito this morning, being take out for Mexican for lunch shortly. So just kind of going along with it. I think I probably got about 2800-3200 calories in yesterday, and probably only 150, maybe up to 170g protein, but plenty carbs, and mostly healthy fats. I think I may look for some protein bars today somewhere to get my protein numbers up.
This weekend my wife and I hit a bar we like across the street from our favorite fish store about an hour from home, making it a date. She ordered us a BLT with fries to share and I sorta laughed when it arrived and looked at her and said, " you know the macros on this are literally the opposite of what we'd normally seek. lowish protein, high carbs, high fat," LOL

a few days of being off diet though always seems to regenerate the body and make it absorb the good stuff in really productive ways when you're back to the grind!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was going to suggest some protein bars, as I was reading, but then I saw that was already your thinking. But like Dustin said, your body should be primed for the healthy meals when you get back.
As far as your trap pain, I wonder if it could be connected to your neck. I have some disc issues in my neck, and I’ll get pains that travel from the middle of my traps to my shoulder blades, but a lot of times I can still lift I’m just careful. I will say I have a great Chiropractor that does a good job cracking my neck and it does help.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are eating enough to grow calorically this week, you obviously aren’t in a deficit - which means protein needs shift from something like 250 being desirable to only needing about 150. Do not sweat it. The surplus provides the nitrogen retention.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was going to suggest some protein bars, as I was reading, but then I saw that was already your thinking. But like Dustin said, your body should be primed for the healthy meals when you get back.
As far as your trap pain, I wonder if it could be connected to your neck. I have some disc issues in my neck, and I’ll get pains that travel from the middle of my traps to my shoulder blades, but a lot of times I can still lift I’m just careful. I will say I have a great Chiropractor that does a good job cracking my neck and it does help.
Yeah, it is a really hard to diagnose area for sure. Could be mid trap, scalenes, RC, something disc related. So many options. I hit my ART guy up and he is looking for a way to get me in at least twice next week. If he can't get it squared away then if probably needs repaired. He is that good.

If you are eating enough to grow calorically this week, you obviously aren’t in a deficit - which means protein needs shift from something like 250 being desirable to only needing about 150. Do not sweat it. The surplus provides the nitrogen retention.
This was kind of my thought as well. Going to get some Mexican for lunch, may even have a margarita since I have a few hours before my deload session and it won't be super challenging. After the session, I may get more Mediterranean food, or find a good napelitano pizza place around here and get one of those.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it is a really hard to diagnose area for sure. Could be mid trap, scalenes, RC, something disc related. So many options. I hit my ART guy up and he is looking for a way to get me in at least twice next week. If he can't get it squared away then if probably needs repaired. He is that good.

This was kind of my thought as well. Going to get some Mexican for lunch, may even have a margarita since I have a few hours before my deload session and it won't be super challenging. After the session, I may get more Mediterranean food, or find a good napelitano pizza place around here and get one of those.
Most Mexican places they’ll work with you to order whatever ingredients you want off menu. Like a plate of shredded chicken or beef and some rice, or a bunch of scrambled eggs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most Mexican places they’ll work with you to order whatever ingredients you want off menu. Like a plate of shredded chicken or beef and some rice, or a bunch of scrambled eggs.
I got chicken fajitas with some shrimp added in. So pretty good, the servings were huge, so I actually have left overs. Doing a combo they just give you two servings worth of each meat.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got chicken fajitas with some shrimp added in. So pretty good, the servings were huge, so I actually have left overs. Doing a combo they just give you two servings worth of each meat.
I'm about to break this 20:4 rest day at moms house, I guarantee you its gonna be BEEF 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm about to break this 20:4 rest day at moms house, I guarantee you its gonna be BEEF 😅
Oh, I forgot to mention I had beef in there too. :) So much food! I may want to fast tomorrow just to breathe. We also had a couple of margaritas on the office. ;) About to knock down 50mg of THC in an energy edible then go to the gym once I get off of work and do a little pump session for deload. Trying to decide I am going to full body it or just do a half a session of upper then a half volume session of lower tomorrow. probably stick to the usual split and do upper today, and lower tomorrow. We shall see.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
50mg or 5mg??
Definitely 50mg, 5mg wouldn't do squat for me. It is an energy blend though so it doesn't sit you on your backside. For a really good time a 125mg drink slammed quickly is a fun ride. It takes a pretty hefty dose to get the the psychoactive effects to really kick in. Although some people get anxious when that happens, but I really enjoy looking at the world through a very colorful filter and heightened senses sometimes.
I wouldn't know the difference !
LOL!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't know the difference !
5-10 would most likely put you to sleep, 50mg would probably cause you a panic attack lol

Definitely 50mg, 5mg wouldn't do squat for me. It is an energy blend though so it doesn't sit you on your backside. For a really good time a 125mg drink slammed quickly is a fun ride. It takes a pretty hefty dose to get the the psychoactive effects to really kick in. Although some people get anxious when that happens, but I really enjoy looking at the world through a very colorful filter and heightened senses sometimes.
LOL!
I have some edibles in my night stand that are probably a year old lol, that's how rare it is for us. the only thing they ever did for me was put me to sleep! I have admittedly taken them from time to time on a cut when I'm not drinking, maybe a bit wired at night, before bed for that reason

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Deload Training - I did 2 work sets at 3RIR on Chest Press, Lat Pull Downs, Shoulder Press, DB Curls and DB Triceps Extensions. Then walked about an hour and had my final meal.

Had a helluva good burger last night at a place called The Melt. Double Meat, avocado, fresh jalapenos, some good fries. Had to go a little more fat content to try to ensure the surplus.

Had another big breakfast burrito this morning, about to have some Mediterranean Chicken, Rice, hummus and flatbread for lunch. Not sure what I will get into for dinner after a quick lower body deload session tonight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I just hit the brick wall on food. I may put lower body off until tomorrow to allow some of this food to digest. I have some pretty gnarly indigestion right now.

Such a higher volume of food and specifically whole food protein has me suffering to eat. I think I am going to find somewhere to get a couple of protein shakes and some easily digested carbs for this evening. I would guess the burrito this morning was in the 1200-1500 calorie range, then lunch / up until just now was probably 1000-1200 calories. So looking for another 500-1000 calories for the day ideally. Wish me luck!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow, I just hit the brick wall on food. I may put lower body off until tomorrow to allow some of this food to digest. I have some pretty gnarly indigestion right now.

Such a higher volume of food and specifically whole food protein has me suffering to eat. I think I am going to find somewhere to get a couple of protein shakes and some easily digested carbs for this evening. I would guess the burrito this morning was in the 1200-1500 calorie range, then lunch / up until just now was probably 1000-1200 calories. So looking for another 500-1000 calories for the day ideally. Wish me luck!
Sounds like some good eating!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like some good eating!!
Oh yeah, not too bad. Been settling for cheaper options to try to keep the boss happy. So nothing extravagant. Had an Black Angus Burger, with string fries, and a Chocolate Molten Lava Cake for dinner and dessert last night. Just needed a way to get calories up without abusing my digestion.
I've been doing a little to much of that lately !!
Trust me I feel like I am!

So this morning I can still see where my abs are in the downlighting, and my well everything is nice and full looking. I would say today is the first day I am noticing a little softening of my abdomen all though still looking pretty tight and full.

I got busy this morning due to a critical issue at work where I had to come in a little earlier and didn't get to stop for my burrito. So I am behind the 8 ball on my calories already. Definitely going to try to find some protein shakes at a convenience store or something here shortly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Deload Session yesterday -

Quad Focused Walking Lunges 20lbs x 2 work sets @ 3RIR
Glute Focused Walking Lunges 20lbs x 2 work sets @ 3RIR
DB SLDL 45 x 3RIR
Seated Leg Curl - 110x 3 RIR
Single Leg DB Calf Raise - 60lb x 2 work sets @ 3RIR

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Finally got somewhere to get a couple protein bars and a couple of Fairlife 42g protein shakes. Should make getting my protein and cals in a lot easier since I don't have to force feed large protein servings. In July when I head to Denver, I will be buying some protein as soon as I get into town. Today will just be some walking around the area to burn a little energy and just get general activity. Will end up going to get some lunch here shortly. Probably carb heavy and rely on a shake for most of the protein.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How long are you going to be in Denver for?
I will be there from July 8th-14th, flying in on the 8th, setting up the trial / arbitration space on the 9th, then supporting it throughout the week.

I had some good pizza last night, place called California Pizza Kitchen. Thin crust fresh ingredients and nice flavor. I had a protein shake with it to get my protein up higher. I am definitely starting to show the fruits of my food labor! Still pretty tight but so much thicker everywhere including the waste. I am ready to be home tonight. I miss the family, I miss my gym, and I actually miss eating with a little more structure which probably sounds odd! I know it does to me, but I am looking forward to leaner meats, lower fat, and better carb source foods.

Typically I would get a session in today but I won't have time. Since already cutting to half volume it won't be an issue to just do a whole body session tomorrow to be back on schedule. Still not sure if I will continue deload a bit longer. Going to see my ART guy Monday and see what he thinks is best. I know he won't have me stop training but he might suggest one more week to let things cool down. If not I might just start my next meso a little lighter intentionally.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great to see you are still motivate to train while travelling !! I have a hard time with that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great to see you are still motivate to train while travelling !! I have a hard time with that.
Sometimes I do but with so little to do in the gym during the deload it isn't that hard to get in, get done and get gone.

6/17/23 - Morning Weight 209!!! Yep, I succeeded in being in a surplus for sure. I am looking thick but still pretty damn tight for this weight if I do say so myself. I can still see some separation in the abdomen so that is good. I will continue feeding the next few days but food choices will be a little better than what I had in Cali since back home.

My upper right scap area is still pretty sore, going to go in and get my session in anyway later and just see if anything hurts. So far it really hasn't hurt during training, but general movement occasionally lights it up a bit. Kind of sucks not really knowing what exercises are triggering the issues. It is reasonable to think it could be pulling, and or pressing while retracting the scaps. Either way, if it doesn't hurt during training it is probably okay to keep training. Hopefully my ART guy can pinpoint the issue and tell me what to back off on if anything. Hopefully I can work around this but if it needs repaired I am going to push hard to get it done soon. Ain't nobody got time for sitting around wishing they could train harder.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was just reminded that we have a birthday party for one of our closest friends tonight. My wifes best friend, and her husband is BBQ'ing it up, so tonight will be a meat fest. This is the guy I always brag about how good he can throw down. So a good thing I am still planned for a surplus. Will be nice to let go with family and friends. Have a couple drinks and just enjoy being back home with my peeps!

I just had a little grub, and am going to go to the gym shortly for my full body deload session. Looking forward to getting it in. Hopefully still no issues with training.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was just reminded that we have a birthday party for one of our closest friends tonight. My wifes best friend, and her husband is BBQ'ing it up, so tonight will be a meat fest. This is the guy I always brag about how good he can throw down. So a good thing I am still planned for a surplus. Will be nice to let go with family and friends. Have a couple drinks and just enjoy being back home with my peeps!

I just had a little grub, and am going to go to the gym shortly for my full body deload session. Looking forward to getting it in. Hopefully still no issues with training.
Enjoy the meat fest…looks like the timing worked out perfect with you still in a surplus.
I hope you’re able to pinpoint what’s causing your pain. It’s bad enough when something is causing you pain, but it’s doubly worse when you can’t figure out what’s causing it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy the meat fest…looks like the timing worked out perfect with you still in a surplus.
I hope you’re able to pinpoint what’s causing your pain. It’s bad enough when something is causing you pain, but it’s doubly worse when you can’t figure out what’s causing it.
Thanks, it is definitely something upper body, my deload lit it up yesterday even though not too bad of a workout, and again no pain during lifting but during the night the pain gets a bit rough. Starting to worry a little here that this might be more than just a nagging tweak. I have my ART appointment mid-day tomorrow so we shall see what comes of that. Really hoping he can get me squared away, if not it is time to go back to the ortho and get an MRI. If this does need a repair and I can get it before the end of this year there really isn't any reason I couldn't rebuild in time for the show I was looking at next year. Either way, I hope to have at least one more show in me. Trying to stay positive, but we are lingering at 3-4 weeks with no real improvement after the first week. I may just go ahead and plan for a leg focus block to allow for more recovery on upper body and just try to maintain size in upper body while I am healing.

The party last night was great, but we got out of there pretty early. I ate a decent amount of meat of course. Lots of sodium too because uhm... BBQ. So I woke up nice and heavy this morning.

Deload Session = 2 work sets of each exercise at about 3RIR

HS Chest Press
HS High Row Supinated Grip
Shoulder Press
Rear Delt Fly x1
DB Side Raises x1
Machine Preacher Curl x1
DB Hammer Curls x1
Seated Dip Machine x1
Seated Triceps Extension x1

6/18/23 - Morning Weight 212.2lbs - BOOM!
All that salt found a place to land! Actually look a lot tighter than I would expect at this weight.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers!

Today I am going to go in and do lower body deload session. Then going to cook fajitas on the Blackstone for an early dinner. Tomorrow I will see my ART guy and see what he recommends I do for my next meso, and if he thinks this is something to train around, through, or if I need to rest upper body for a while. I figure I will let a professional help me figure that one out.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, it is definitely something upper body, my deload lit it up yesterday even though not too bad of a workout, and again no pain during lifting but during the night the pain gets a bit rough. Starting to worry a little here that this might be more than just a nagging tweak. I have my ART appointment mid-day tomorrow so we shall see what comes of that. Really hoping he can get me squared away, if not it is time to go back to the ortho and get an MRI. If this does need a repair and I can get it before the end of this year there really isn't any reason I couldn't rebuild in time for the show I was looking at next year. Either way, I hope to have at least one more show in me. Trying to stay positive, but we are lingering at 3-4 weeks with no real improvement after the first week. I may just go ahead and plan for a leg focus block to allow for more recovery on upper body and just try to maintain size in upper body while I am healing.

The party last night was great, but we got out of there pretty early. I ate a decent amount of meat of course. Lots of sodium too because uhm... BBQ. So I woke up nice and heavy this morning.

Deload Session = 2 work sets of each exercise at about 3RIR

HS Chest Press
HS High Row Supinated Grip
Shoulder Press
Rear Delt Fly x1
DB Side Raises x1
Machine Preacher Curl x1
DB Hammer Curls x1
Seated Dip Machine x1
Seated Triceps Extension x1

6/18/23 - Morning Weight 212.2lbs - BOOM!
All that salt found a place to land! Actually look a lot tighter than I would expect at this weight.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers!

Today I am going to go in and do lower body deload session. Then going to cook fajitas on the Blackstone for an early dinner. Tomorrow I will see my ART guy and see what he recommends I do for my next meso, and if he thinks this is something to train around, through, or if I need to rest upper body for a while. I figure I will let a professional help me figure that one out.
Happy Father’s Day

Yeah, better to catch it early and get it taken care of if you can.👍

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy Father’s Day

Yeah, better to catch it early and get it taken care of if you can.👍
Yes Sir! Hopefully something I can work around while healing. I have been making some good progress and don't want to lose momentum.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Training legs more seriously is the ticket anyway. It’s pretty well established that masters competitors don’t generally have the leg size of open, because it just gets harder to cultivate and keep as we age and the knees, hips, or back become limitations for maximal loading. And while the upper body can kind of be juiced and site enhanced up harder, there aren’t as many androgen receptors in the lower body and you really can’t site enhance the hammies and glutes to the same degree as arms.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be there from July 8th-14th, flying in on the 8th, setting up the trial / arbitration space on the 9th, then supporting it throughout the week.

I had some good pizza last night, place called California Pizza Kitchen. Thin crust fresh ingredients and nice flavor. I had a protein shake with it to get my protein up higher. I am definitely starting to show the fruits of my food labor! Still pretty tight but so much thicker everywhere including the waste. I am ready to be home tonight. I miss the family, I miss my gym, and I actually miss eating with a little more structure which probably sounds odd! I know it does to me, but I am looking forward to leaner meats, lower fat, and better carb source foods.

Typically I would get a session in today but I won't have time. Since already cutting to half volume it won't be an issue to just do a whole body session tomorrow to be back on schedule. Still not sure if I will continue deload a bit longer. Going to see my ART guy Monday and see what he thinks is best. I know he won't have me stop training but he might suggest one more week to let things cool down. If not I might just start my next meso a little lighter intentionally.
I think I’ll be in town just before you leave to catch a game in the Astros vs. Mariners series with my buddy who just moved down there. I’ll have to see what day we’re going for sure first, but if I’m there for the game on the 6th or 7th, we should get a session in together.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Training legs more seriously is the ticket anyway. It’s pretty well established that masters competitors don’t generally have the leg size of open, because it just gets harder to cultivate and keep as we age and the knees, hips, or back become limitations for maximal loading. And while the upper body can kind of be juiced and site enhanced up harder, there aren’t as many androgen receptors in the lower body and you really can’t site enhance the hammies and glutes to the same degree as arms.
Great point! I was going to step up the leg work this meso regardless and pick something with two full lower sessions a week. I felt like I wasn't getting quite enough volume, at least not enough to make me sore. So hopping to a leg focus to allow some healing to upper body while bringing up the legs just makes a lot of sense right now.

My deload session today was

Leg Press 4p x10, 6p x10, 9p x 8, 12p x4, 11p 15, 11p x 13 - Great Quad and overall leg pump

Glute Kickback Machine 3 WU sets, then 90x10, 90x9

Hyper Extension into GHR - 2 Warm up sets of 5, then 15, 12 - Amazing hamstring pump

Calf Raises 180x15, 270x15, 270x12

Upright Rows - over eyebrows - held at top - 15, 13

Came home and made some bad ass steak fajitas on the Blackstone. Everyone was excited at how good they came out. I have about 5lbs of fajita chicken breast I cooked and put off to the side for meal prep too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I’ll be in town just before you leave to catch a game in the Astros vs. Mariners series with my buddy who just moved down there. I’ll have to see what day we’re going for sure first, but if I’m there for the game on the 6th or 7th, we should get a session in together.
That would be awesome. Hopefully we can make that happen!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
6/18/23 - Morning Weight 212.2lbs - BOOM! All that salt found a place to land! Actually look a lot tighter than I would expect at this weight.
I'm with you homie, lol.
After cutting down to 190.x I have spent June at 192/193. this morning was 197 lol.
But my wife is a helluva cook... it's hard not to overindulge when she goes pure americana and whips up some mashed potatoes and one of her 6+hr roasts....

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Meat and Potato's for the WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!