Kleen - Project 50: Under Construction

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Trying out a squat focused lower day and a hinge focused lower day to see how it feels doing the main movement for 5x5 and the accessory movements in the Hypertrophy range. See if I like that or prefer what I was doing before.. If I like it I will add volume as I go by bringing in some leg isolation movements and adding in sets.
Sounds a lot like what I've been doing the past few months, with the exception of my squats moving slowly it's been fantastic. although I wouldn't say my hinge day is exactly like that since I throw in good mornings on my squat day and any extra back work on my DL day...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to have a 1000hp 5 Liter Mustang with dual 4” single chamber Flowmaster Exhaust I still think it was the baddest sounding car I ever heard! I still have the motor anyone want to build a Racecar?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I used to have a 1000hp 5 Liter Mustang with dual 4” single chamber Flowmaster Exhaust I still think it was the baddest sounding car I ever heard! I still have the motor anyone want to build a Racecar?
The old 5-Ohs really had just a wonderful throaty sound; my best friend in high school had a couple with off-road exhaust and that’s what we always took to/from school together. I always knew when he was in the driveway to pick me up, no need to honk!

Even being fuel-injected, it still kind of had that old Ford small-block feel.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You might be walking funny this weekend 🤣
Yeah, I have the tiniest touch of DOMS trying to set in. We will see if it makes it into tomorrow, the combination of heavier and then higher reps might do it!
zero doubt that would be slick! we have emissions testing out here and straight pipe is illegal so I kept my caddi registered at my folks house (no emissions testing). our straight pipe job was at a 'trusted' shop my buddy and I like so we paid him cash and they just cut off the mufflers and went straight but kept the converters. My wife was glad to see the car leave lol

when my wife and I were in Sayulita I had to keep asking her if we were old or if this noise was actually annoying. the town has become a hippy destination and the music is so loud everywhere I had to yell to talk to my wife on the sidewalks and even ducking into a bar was too loud 😅😅

haha... before my wife and I got married I had my musician buddy record an accoustic version of this song for my wife (one of her favorite songs)
She makes plans for the weekend
Can't wait to go out
Till she changes her mind
And says, "Let's stay on the couch and watch TV"
And she falls asleep
Yeah, we have emissions testing here in Harris County but not everywhere in Texas. He is in Brazoria County a much more rural area and they don't have any testing there.

I still have my primary cats in the downpipes, and then I have a high flow secondary cat on mine going into an x pipe, straight through resonator and the FlowMaster Outlaws as well. I can still pass a sniffer right now, but seriously contemplating removing the secondary cat since we have a guy we can cashapp $100 with the vin and car info and he will inspect a different cars exhaust and give you a pass with the state. :)
Sounds a lot like what I've been doing the past few months, with the exception of my squats moving slowly it's been fantastic. although I wouldn't say my hinge day is exactly like that since I throw in good mornings on my squat day and any extra back work on my DL day...
You ever think about adding some heavy leg press on the hinge day since doing a hinge on the squat day? Extra quad work / stimulation might get help push the squats via larger quads.
I bet if I asked my son he might be interested. He has a Genesis Coupe shell he wants to put a V8 in. He was considering an LS swap but a 1000hp 5.0 would probably fit the bill too!
The old 5-Ohs really had just a wonderful throaty sound; my best friend in high school had a couple with off-road exhaust and that’s what we always took to/from school together. I always knew when he was in the driveway to pick me up, no need to honk!

Even being fuel-injected, it still kind of had that old Ford small-block feel.
Yeah no doubt. I had a 69 Mustang California Coupe with a 302 Boss with a ridiculous lope cam, headers and flowmaster mufflers. It just rumbled and roared. No need for the horn you knew I was coming from a block or two away. The guy we bought it from ran a high 10 in it with the rearend he had in it. However when my Dad was buying the car and the guy found out it was for me he said he wouldn't sell it to us until he swapped a highway gear rear end into it because he was worried I would kill myself. Little did he know I was just going to abuse the newly improved top end. I remember beating a Saleen Mustang on the freeway and the needle on the speedo was almost back to the 0. I would have definitely been safer with the bigger rearend and lower top end.
That’s a great looking squat day! You did everything you needed.
Thank you Sir! I enjoyed it except for the gas bubble, that part SUCKED!!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You ever think about adding some heavy leg press on the hinge day since doing a hinge on the squat day? Extra quad work / stimulation might get help push the squats via larger quads.
Yeah man from time to time I have been working press back in, it just sorta depends on how much time it takes me to get there and energy level at that time. I really like working in my bicep and back work on deadlift day so all the sudden I've done deads, RDLs, some bicep work, rows, etc and now I'm adding presses and I like to incorporate some extensions, curls, and adductor work when I can as well (light weight, get blood flow going) so I tend to rotate which accessories I use each week instead of having a 10 movement session lol.

plus once I feel the pump going away I feel like i've done what I can productively and it's time to refeed...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man from time to time I have been working press back in, it just sorta depends on how much time it takes me to get there and energy level at that time. I really like working in my bicep and back work on deadlift day so all the sudden I've done deads, RDLs, some bicep work, rows, etc and now I'm adding presses and I like to incorporate some extensions, curls, and adductor work when I can as well (light weight, get blood flow going) so I tend to rotate which accessories I use each week instead of having a 10 movement session lol.

plus once I feel the pump going away I feel like i've done what I can productively and it's time to refeed...
So your deadlift day is your only back day?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So your deadlift day is your only back day?
Just about, although I do try to throw some in on every other bench day as well to keep the shoulders and everything in balance. I just find it hard to fit in enough of everything I want to do without overdoing it...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just about, although I do try to throw some in on every other bench day as well to keep the shoulders and everything in balance. I just find it hard to fit in enough of everything I want to do without overdoing it...
I have always preferred to work my back separately from my deads unless I am doing an upper lower pull split like I have been recently. I just feel like if I do rows first my deads suffer and if I do deads first the rest of my pulling suffers. During this last push I wasn't too worried about it because I don't need my DL's to go up faster than my joints and connective tissue can adapt to the new stresses. I might be being overly cautious but I am really trying to not injure myself while regaining strength since it has been years since I was moving bigger weights.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would love to see Guns & Roses…..never got to see them, but we may have to see when they are coming to Atlanta. Cool story… back in the Summer of 1987 me and my cousin and a bunch of buddies all took off to Memphis to see the Monsters of Rock with Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come, which was awesome, but my buddy had one of the new albums from this new group, Guns & Roses. The first song we played was Welcome to the Jungle, and we were hooked. So a Van Halen concert with Metallica and Scorpions, while listening to Guns & Roses and partying with some Tennessee girls all weekend, man sorry about rattling on, but got me reminiscing.😜😎
O the good times!

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drive a Ford Focus gas sipper. drive 70 miles a day for work.
The 1970 Chevelle 454 LS6 stays in the garage. I will bust her out every once in a while, when the roads are dry.
Bone stock. my dad bought it brand new. I got it a few years before he passed in 2001. My wife thinks I love that car more than her.
Sits in the garage hooked up to a battery charger and a cover on it 350+ days a year.
my wife took some pics of it about a year ago for some life poster thing. let me see if I can find them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I drive a Ford Focus gas sipper. drive 70 miles a day for work.
The 1970 Chevelle 454 LS6 stays in the garage. I will bust her out every once in a while, when the roads are dry.
Bone stock. my dad bought it brand new. I got it a few years before he passed in 2001. My wife thinks I love that car more than her.
Sits in the garage hooked up to a battery charger and a cover on it 350+ days a year.
my wife took some pics of it about a year ago for some life poster thing. let me see if I can find them.
Definitely post them in here! I had a 72 Chevelle, but it only had the 350. It was still a lot of fun once we cammed it!

I also had:
1970 Buick Skylark GS with the hood scoop it was dead sexy.
1978 Z-28 Camaro cammed 350 - headers
1983 Z-28 Camaro 5 speed manual - WooHoo lots of drifting in this bad boy.
1985 IROC Z Camaro with the Direct Port Injection from the 83 vette.
1968 Mustang - manual tranny no real mods.
1969 Mustang Boss 302 - dual 4 barrel carbs, high rise intake, shaved pistons
1983 Mustang Fox Body 302 with 4 speed muncie transmission and racing clutch
1976 Mercury Cougar - 351m with the 400 heads

This was during the Fast and Furious time.
1992 Acura integra - CAI, exhaust, lowered with racing clutch
1993 Acura Legend Coupe - Lowered w ground effects, CAI, exhaust - this thing was deceptively fast and handled like it was on rails with the Eibach fully matched lowering kit.

I did a lot of trading and reselling so I had a lot of cars to play with. I am sure I am probably missing some of them too.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely post them in here! I had a 72 Chevelle, but it only had the 350. It was still a lot of fun once we cammed it!

I also had:

1993 Acura Legend Coupe - Lowered w ground effects, CAI, exhaust - this thing was deceptively fast and handled like it was on rails with the Eibach fully matched lowering kit.

I did a lot of trading and reselling so I had a lot of cars to play with. I am sure I am probably missing some of them too.
Damn bro! that is quite the history. I have this Chevelle and had a 75 Hurst Olds W30. with a 455 Rocket. it wasn't much of a 1/4 mile car. but the flying mile, I only lost one time. Wish I still had it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn bro! that is quite the history. I have this Chevelle and had a 75 Hurst Olds W30. with a 455 Rocket. it wasn't much of a 1/4 mile car. but the flying mile, I only lost one time. Wish I still had it.
Oh nice, well you have made up for quantity with quality!!!! I always wanted an Olds 442 but never managed. I actually want to get myself a 64-65 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible some day. My Dad had both a 64 and 65 with the 429 CJ engine when I was a kid, and in my mind they were going to be mine. If I ever choose to do a restoration project that will be the car. Not too many people even know what they are, but it would make me feel closer to my Dad to have one.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh nice, well you have made up for quantity with quality!!!! I always wanted an Olds 442 but never managed. I actually want to get myself a 64-65 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible some day. My Dad had both a 64 and 65 with the 429 CJ engine when I was a kid, and in my mind they were going to be mine. If I ever choose to do a restoration project that will be the car. Not too many people even know what they are, but it would make me feel closer to my Dad to have one.

View attachment 229458
Sweet Car!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s a beast….Rocket in a rocket…I bet that made it down the track pretty quickly.😎🔥🚀

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh man thats awesome. Here in WA the taxes are sooo bad that it's super prohibitive to trade vehicles very often just because the licensing fees are so high. the last two boats I bought cost $3,000 just to register and they're not expensive boats. sometimes the more rural licensing depts will still let you get by with a bill of sale that says $100 but where I live now they say well I don't care what you paid for it, it blue books for $30k so you pay $3k to register it in your name....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/23/23 Fasting Day

Activity -
Walked the bayou for an hour at lunch.

2/24/23 - Morning Weight 212.6 - On the way back down! I am at 37.5 hours right now. Going to get in some protein here shortly. Will keep calories under 2500 today.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh man thats awesome. Here in WA the taxes are sooo bad that it's super prohibitive to trade vehicles very often just because the licensing fees are so high. the last two boats I bought cost $3,000 just to register and they're not expensive boats. sometimes the more rural licensing depts will still let you get by with a bill of sale that says $100 but where I live now they say well I don't care what you paid for it, it blue books for $30k so you pay $3k to register it in your name....
@Dustin07 That sucks, but to be fair I have no clue what it would be like now here in Houston. I have not done any trading or anything since maybe 2006. I did transfer the car I bought my son into his name, and was able to list it as $100. To be fair it was a 1999 Acura TL with 280,000 miles by the time I transferred the title so might have actually been close to bluebook. Was still going strong though.

Oh yeah by the way, I forgot to mention my DOMS in my legs and glutes are still here and just a little bit worse. So the session was definitely effective. I do feel if I hadn't been fasting yesterday I would probably have already recovered though. I would not be surprised if the DOMS are gone before this evening.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Dustin07 That sucks, but to be fair I have no clue what it would be like now here in Houston. I have not done any trading or anything since maybe 2006. I did transfer the car I bought my son into his name, and was able to list it as $100. To be fair it was a 1999 Acura TL with 280,000 miles by the time I transferred the title so might have actually been close to bluebook. Was still going strong though.

Oh yeah by the way, I forgot to mention my DOMS in my legs and glutes are still here and just a little bit worse. So the session was definitely effective. I do feel if I hadn't been fasting yesterday I would probably have already recovered though. I would not be surprised if the DOMS are gone before this evening.
My cousin has a early 90's hatchback Honda civic with 328,000 miles on the original motor and its had a transmission replaced @230k but it still runs like a champ.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I also had:

First car was a 67 cougar. Just a lil 289 but. Or cam, c4 w shift kit, dumper exhaust, great first car for a 16 yr old. Bought it off my cousin for $3k. Damn I miss the old world lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a 73ish cougar (can’t remember exact year) as well that I bought off some crackheads for $500. Twas a great demolition hoopdy

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This sounds very relaxing to me ????
It is a wonderful break in my day! Getting outside, close to nature, nice views, no one from work near me. I can listen to music or an audio book or just think if I want quiet time.
My cousin has a early 90's hatchback Honda civic with 328,000 miles on the original motor and its had a transmission replaced @230k but it still runs like a champ.
Yep they will run forever. We bought that Acura for like 2200, and my son drove it hard for 6 years, cracked the CV Joint and sold it for 1200 with the damage. So basically used the car for 6 years for 1000 plus maintenance. I bet with the new CV joint it will run to 350-400000. It didn't smoke, vibrate or hesitate. Started right up and ran smooth as butter.
First car was a 67 cougar. Just a lil 289 but. Or cam, c4 w shift kit, dumper exhaust, great first car for a 16 yr old. Bought it off my cousin for $3k. Damn I miss the old world lol
Oh Nice!!!! That 289 was still a strong little engine!
That's my favorite car you have ever owned too! :D Very nice!
Sexy!!!!!
Yep Dead Sexy!

I have spent most of the weekend and beginning of the week at the hospital with my wife. She had some major stomach pains, and we ended up going into the ER for her Gallbladder. They ended up having to remove it but then things got pretty complicated due to her BP dropping down into the 70/40 range, and not coming back up for a while then she got fever. So just complications that kept her in the hospital longer and unfortunately since her BP was so low they could not give her any pain meds. So, normally where I might have left her for a little bit to go get a session in I felt I needed to be there to try my best to comfort her. Poor thing was in so much pain. She is at home now and doing better, her BP is back to normal for her and they gave her some meds to help with the pain now that she is in a safer place BP wise.

I did get in a pump session for chest and back on Tuesday evening when we got to take her home and she was taking a nap. I didn't record anything really just wanted to get blood in the muscles and a little training stimulus. Going to get a DL session in during lunch, it will only be DL's though. Tonight we take Sage out for their 19th BDay so no time to train tonight.

I am looking into conjugate programming this week to see if I can come up with something to follow along with or make one based on learning the methods better. I have found that the full body push and or full body pull are getting pretty taxing now that I am getting into some heavier training. So thinking of breaking things up a bit and using some specificity to push the numbers up while hopefully improving recovery ability.

Also, I have some goodies on the way for training.
Barefoot Ursus Shoes on order to Deadlift and Squat in. Pretty excited about those coming in soon.
Inzer Power Knee Sleeves - My SBD knee sleeves have all but given up, there is a line where the neoprene is stretched thin so time to replace them.

I asked @Hyde what shoes and knee sleeves he recommended. He told me he had heard about the new Inzer Power sleeves, and reminded me since I prefer to squat and DL barefoot that the Barefoot Ursus would likely be a great shoe for me. So giving them both a shot. I will let you all know what I think about them once I get them and put them to use.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/2/23 - Morning Weight 214.6 not too bad for living off of fast food for most of the last 5 days.

Happy 19th Birthday Sage!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about the wife, that’s hard on everybody. Hoping for a full recovery!

I have a bunch of conjugate templates I can email you if interested. Not boring spreadsheets but full workouts. Let me know.

You will fall in love with bearfoot shoes. I’ve been in them since the prototype and will never go back. They just made a hiking boot (the bruin) that I need to get my hands on.

And happy bday to your loved one!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the wife, that’s hard on everybody. Hoping for a full recovery!

I have a bunch of conjugate templates I can email you if interested. Not boring spreadsheets but full workouts. Let me know.

You will fall in love with bearfoot shoes. I’ve been in them since the prototype and will never go back. They just made a hiking boot (the bruin) that I need to get my hands on.

And happy bday to your loved one!
Thanks on the well wishes and birthday wishes!

That sounds awesome, I will PM you my email addy. Yeah, excited about those shoes coming in. I prefer to squat and DL barefoot so really expecting to like these!
Glad to hear the wifey is doing better. sounds like it got a little sketchy there for awhile.
Yes Sir, it was a bit nerve racking. She always has lower BP but those numbers were pretty ridiculous. She is normally around 95-105/50-60ish which is already pretty low.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about your wife mate! Poor thing, no post op pain meds must have been horrible. You must have been beside yourself having to watch her suffer, hope you are ok too man.
Yeah, seeing her in so much pain and not being able to do anything but try to comfort her was brutal. A gut punch right to the feelz! I am doing well now that she is home and medicated. She isn't quite ready to do much but lie around but at least every tiny move is not accompanied with a grimace and a groan.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about your wife…..the gallbladder can get bad when it has stones or other issues. That’s rough she couldn’t get pain medicine after surgery, but glad she is doing better.
Happy Birthday to Sage….be at the gym with Pops before long.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about your wife…..the gallbladder can get bad when it has stones or other issues. That’s rough she couldn’t get pain medicine after surgery, but glad she is doing better.
Happy Birthday to Sage….be at the gym with Pops before long.
They keep telling me they are going to train with me but getting them out there has proven to be a challenge. Always some excuse. Being 19 is hard ya know... LMAO!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So just complications that kept her in the hospital longer and unfortunately since her BP was so low they could not give her any pain meds. So, normally where I might have left her for a little bit to go get a session in I felt I needed to be there to try my best to comfort her
Hey man, good on you. That's husband material. (y)
Hoping she feels 100% soon!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Kleen
Happy birthday to your son. I pray your wife is healing and getting better.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Prayers for your family!
Thanks Rocket!
Wow, just catching up in here. Sorry to hear about your wife! Hope recovery goes smoothly.

But happy birthday to your son!
Thanks, She seems to be getting a little better each day. Still hurting but doing much better.
Kleen
Happy birthday to your son. I pray your wife is healing and getting better.
Thanks Hokie, nice to see you in here!

Thanks for all of the Birthday and well wishes!

Sage actually goes by They - Them, but they have female parts. It is all very confusing, I think freedom of expression is important whether I agree with everything expressed or not. So I support them in that expression, while holding strong to what I believe, which leads to a lot of deep, meaningful and important conversations. I do insist they be tolerant of more conservative views if they want tolerance for their own views. I can't stand people that insist on tolerance or acceptance of their ideas without giving up the same to those with opposing ideas. Nothing can be worked through without real dialogue. Anyway, it is a tightrope we have learned to find our balance on.

Funny how something like this is so volatile it needs to come with an explanation.

End of unintended rant!
P.S. This was not directed at anyone, just explaining the situation. LOL

So Sage had a great BDay celebration, stopped by the house and made them a pre-dinner cocktail, then went out for steak at Longhorn. I got the DelMonico of course cuz uhm, it's the best they have! Sage got whatever they wanted and a free BDay sundae. Then we went home and had a slice of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake. They seemed to have a great time which was the goal for the day so a big success! We did miss Mom on this excursion, but at least they will get to go do their thing this weekend. Gonna be a pedicure, manicure, and lunch date for them which they will both enjoy immensely. heck for that matter I wouldn't mind a pedicure, that stuff feels good as hell sitting in a massage chair for 45 minutes getting a foot and calve massage on top of it. It's good stuff!

3/3/23 - Morning Weight 213.3 - On the way back down.

I was not able to get down to the gym for lunch yesterday so moved the dead lifts to tonight. That works out well because I got my Bearfoot Ursus in last night. So I will be able to use them tonight for deadlifting. I will let you all know what I think but I liked how my feet were able to spread out in the toe box when I tried them on. So I expect to like them for sure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah man I really miss my toe shoes but my heels need a little more cushion these days!
I do too for walking around and stuff but for squatting and deadlifting I am a barefoot kind of guy. I have some issues with my right foot, ankle and hip and feeling my foot grip the ground is the only way I can really feel what part of the foot I am applying force with. So these will allow that while also following all the rules for not being barefoot in a gym or competition.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do too for walking around and stuff but for squatting and deadlifting I am a barefoot kind of guy. I have some issues with my right foot, ankle and hip and feeling my foot grip the ground is the only way I can really feel what part of the foot I am applying force with. So these will allow that while also following all the rules for not being barefoot in a gym or competition.
yeah some people really are, always blows my mind to see it but it seems common. I have moved to my flat hightops for deads which I loooooove now though.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve always had “arch issues” (or so it was told) even had orthotics in my football cleats as I am flat footed and I have broke my calcaneus back in high school. I also battled Morton’s neuroma a while back. Essentially my feet were fahked (or so I was told).

Got first pair of bearfoot shoes, correct toes, compression socks and naboso insoles a few years back (when bearfoot released their prototype Ursus) and I’m never going back. I have self remedied my issues by wearing exclusively zero drop shoes and using these tools and exercises. Now my feet have an arch. When I randomly have to stuff my feet into any modern footwear I can feel the atrophy. Night and day for my experience.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve always had “arch issues” (or so it was told) even had orthotics in my football cleats as I am flat footed and I have broke my calcaneus back in high school. I also battled Morton’s neuroma a while back. Essentially my feet were fahked (or so I was told).

Got first pair of bearfoot shoes, correct toes, compression socks and naboso insoles a few years back (when bearfoot released their prototype Ursus) and I’m never going back. I have self remedied my issues by wearing exclusively zero drop shoes and using these tools and exercises. Now my feet have an arch. When I randomly have to stuff my feet into any modern footwear I can feel the atrophy. Night and day for my experience.
Even your feet are swole!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah some people really are, always blows my mind to see it but it seems common. I have moved to my flat hightops for deads which I loooooove now though.
Just regular basketball shoes or you rocking Chuck's?

I haven't really messed with any insoles, I have tried a couple but they were painful to use at all. I did use the bearfoots for Deads this weekend and they were PERFECT!!!!

3/5/23 - Dead Lift / Back / Biceps

WU = Walk 1 mile with weighted chain = 44lbs
- various grips, holds, carries and pump work throughout walk.

Dead Lifts - Double Overhand Grip until Mixed Grip Mentioned
WU = Sumo 135x10, 225x8, Conventional 225x5, 275x3
WS = 315x3, 355x3, 375x3, 395x3, 405x3, Mixed Grip 415x3, 415x3 w/ Versa Grips -
I felt like I could have gone up another 20-30lbs but where my biceps tendon is reattached under the pec started to get a bit sensitive after the switch to mixed grip which put a lot of stress on the left biceps which was the underhand side. Swapped to Versa Grips and it felt a little better but I thought it was best to shut things down there. Right side brachialis still getting sore during work and requiring a bit of attention. Everything from 355 up was a Post Surgery PR in both weight and or reps.

Pull Ups 5, 5, 3 - stop and swap to light pull ups to save right brachialis some strain.

Supinated Grip Pull Downs - 90xRPE8, 90xRPE8, 90xRPE9, 90xRPE9

Wide Grip Partial Lat Pulldowns - 90xRPE8, 90xRPE8, 90xRPE9, 90xRPE9

IronTec Preacher Curl - 10lbs x failure x 3 sets
- I created my own tension by flexing throughout the entire movement and flexed as hard as possible for 3 seconds at the top and a held a biceps stretch for 3 seconds flexing triceps at the bottom of every rep. I used my triceps to fight my biceps so at the end my triceps were almost as pumped as my biceps.

Barefoot Ursus Review - OMG!!! I love these things. After tying them up to be just a little snug my feet felt even more planted than being barefoot. I can't wait to do some squatting in these bad boys! Thanks for the recommendation @Hyde!

Still dealing with my Brachialis having some issues. Trying to figure out what to do and or avoid for this issue. I think the original issue started when I used the right arm with mixed grip underhand on right side. Still doing some stretching and finished the session up with about 5 minutes dedicated SMR for biceps and brachialis. For now outside of my main lifts doing things where I create most of my own tension and using lighter weights. DL's seem to be okay for them, but pushing elbow flexion where the brachialis is more involved lets me know there is still an issue.

Today is a Bench Session which will be done shortly at lunch then will finish off the hypertrophy side of things this evening. I am reading through a couple programs @SkRaw85 sent me to see which if any of them I think my body is up too right now.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Smart move backing off when something didn't feel, live to lift another day !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Smart move backing off when something didn't feel, live to lift another day !!
Agreed, a while back I would have pushed through then been out of the game for a couple of weeks. I am trying to learn from @Hyde on pulling back so I can be consistent rather than tough but injured.