Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DOMS are like a trophy for lifters
ya done did good, here's your pain.
Yessir! I only seem to get them in very light doses anymore, and typically after a deload or deconditioning period. So I am happy when I get a little which is a bit odd to most anyone who is not an avid lifter.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hate it. I mean I don’t think about it that much, except when I have to walk down the stairs sideways or it takes a minute to be able to stand straight after sitting for a while, but it is not the fun part of lifting for me!
Oh if it got even remotely debilitating for me anymore I would hate it. Even my worst case of DOMS in the last several years was not debilitating. I normally have to flex or be moving into an odd position for it to be painful now. Something just happened 10ish years ago and my body got really good at clearing out the lactic acid or whatever it is that causes the pain.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess I see it as my reward for working hard, It sound weird, but that's just me!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I guess I see it as my reward for working hard, It sound weird, but that's just me!
I like the fact there is no question if I worked hard enough, but I like knowing I have been crushing it and not getting sore better. To me it just means I am recovering very well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
“Welcome to powerlifting”
Honestly, the workouts I have done for BB always got me more sore than a PL style workout for some reason. The lower rep training typically doesn't cause me DOMS its just my joints I have to really be careful with. Perhaps when I am specializing a bit more on movements and accessories in one day instead of split 4 days apart that will change.

3/9/22 - Morning Weight 211.2 - I am right back down to the new low without an extended fast. Happy with this. However I already know that today I am going to take a bit of a hit with calories. We are having pizza for a meeting that runs through the lunch hour and it is from that really good place I like. So I am not passing up on great pizza, and will have a few slices. I am planning to get to the gym and do a pull session before then to give it a better place to land but there will be plenty of fat there. Will more than likely end the evening with a protein shake and possibly some cream of rice or something to be able to manage macros better on the back end. If I am not able to get to the gym before then I will definitely be well fed for my training in the afternoon / evening. :)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love being sore !!
Me too lol makes me feel accomplished lol...

I hate it. I mean I don’t think about it that much, except when I have to walk down the stairs sideways or it takes a minute to be able to stand straight after sitting for a while, but it is not the fun part of lifting for me!
or trying to sit on the toilet after a high volume squat day for me 😅😅
You just kinda stare at it for a moment pondering how you're going to get all the way to that seat without just falling down sideways next to it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Me too lol makes me feel accomplished lol...

or trying to sit on the toilet after a high volume squat day for me 😅😅
You just kinda stare at it for a moment pondering how you're going to get all the way to that seat without just falling down sideways next to it
I remember these days so vividly... Worst was when doing GVT, 10x10 squats at a slow tempo would just cripple me for days.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember these days so vividly... Worst was when doing GVT, 10x10 squats at a slow tempo would just cripple me for days.
When I was a kid the neighbor boy used to say "i'm so excited!" Why? "Because everything hurts. it's growing pains, I'm finally growing!" LOL.

I tend to text my boy at school after we lift together. "you sore yet?" Yeah.... "awesome. means you're building muscles".
I mean he doesn't need the full break down yet on DOMs but at least maybe it's a positive this way 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When I was a kid the neighbor boy used to say "i'm so excited!" Why? "Because everything hurts. it's growing pains, I'm finally growing!" LOL.

I tend to text my boy at school after we lift together. "you sore yet?" Yeah.... "awesome. means you're building muscles".
I mean he doesn't need the full break down yet on DOMs but at least maybe it's a positive this way 😅
Yeah, I used to gauge my workouts based on muscle soreness when I was younger. Soreness was a badge of honor back in those days. Now just a twinge is perfect to let me know I absolutely did enough for some adaption but I am so in touch with the muscle now I can just feel when they are still recovering without the soreness. I just think my body is just very efficient at buffering the lactic acid now.

2/9/23 Pull Hyper

Elliptical 5 minute warm up

IronTec Lat Pull Down - WU=90x15, 110x15 - Work 130x15, 130x13, 130x11
- Hit rpe9 on the first workset and failure on the last 2

IronTec Isolateral Row - 45x15, 45x15, 45x15 - Hit an RPE10 on the last set, the failure front the lat pull downs really kicked my ass.

IronTec Lying leg Curls - 50x15, 70x11, 60x11, 50x10 - I hit failure on all 3 work sets. This thing is brutal compared to a cable machine.

Preacher Curls - 20x15, 30x12, 30x10, 20x12 - All work sets were to failure - This preacher curl is the bomb! It gets so heavy at peak contraction with how far the weights end up in front of you that it is very humbling. They really figured out how to maximize the benefit of poor leverage to make it harder. At peak contraction the weights are over a foot away from your elbows and right at 90 degrees so gravity is in full effect.

No guess on nutrition for the day. I had 4 pieces of pizza, and then a scoop of whey, and 3 turkey taco boats with plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. So I am pretty sure calories were close to maintenance, maybe even slightly lower.

2/10/23 - Morning weight 214 on the dot. Considering the food choices yesterday I am happy with this weight.

I will be doing cardio during my lunch hour today. No real plans to double down on cardio tonight. Just relax at the house.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree totally with your body can get efficient at buffering lactic acid, and you won’t be as sore because of it. Normally I may get a little soreness, but usually the muscles worked are full and tight the next day with not too much soreness. But if for whatever reason I miss a few weeks or longer of workouts I will get DOMS when I start hitting the gym again, but after about a month my body adapts and just gets back to business as usual.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Isn’t it crazy how hitting failure on a Pulldown absolutely gasses your lat power?? I mean I notice that on chins and rows too, but especially on Pulldowns if I reach true failure they pretty much throw in the towel and strength drops pretty significantly for any further back work.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Isn’t it crazy how hitting failure on a Pulldown absolutely gasses your lat power?? I mean I notice that on chins and rows too, but especially on Pulldowns if I reach true failure they pretty much throw in the towel and strength drops pretty significantly for any further back work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree totally with your body can get efficient at buffering lactic acid, and you won’t be as sore because of it. Normally I may get a little soreness, but usually the muscles worked are full and tight the next day with not too much soreness. But if for whatever reason I miss a few weeks or longer of workouts I will get DOMS when I start hitting the gym again, but after about a month my body adapts and just gets back to business as usual.
Yep pretty much the same except for it takes me a little less time to get back to not getting sore or barely getting sore.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised that the weight I intended to warm up rows on ended up being my working weight. I knew I was going to be a little spent but I was surprised, I expected to be around 65 per side for my working sets. I do think the levers are about 12lbs per side too but I don't count the weight of any of that except on my leg press and squats where I know it is more substantial.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a pretty decent weekend and push session wasn't too bad.

Push - Strength

Bench top set of 5 225 = dropped back down to 225 for top set

Shoulder Press - dropped down to 125 for top set

Squat - dropped down to 305 for top set

Dip Attachment - dropped down to 180x10 for top set.

Nothing special for this workout, just dropped myself back to a top weight from the middle of the last training cycle. Right around 20lbs lighter on most lifts. I will start working my way back up the ladder hoping to get another 20+ lbs progress on most movements this training cycle. I still have a lot of room to go up based on old training weights so we will see how far muscle memory and current muscle levels will take me.

Fasting until Dinner which I will be taking the wife out for Valentine's Day a day early to beat the crowds. Ate a little bit too much last night. Sage was testing out recipes for peanut butter cookies, and I ended up taste testing too many of them. LMAO. WHOOPS!!! Hard to believe how much of a number cookies do on my stomach, I always end up bloated and feeling rough if I over do it on cookies, and apparently 4 is too many! ;)

Time to get myself back on track, pushing the fasting a little more and really focusing on keeping away from little dietary set backs like yesterday.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a great pre-Valentines Valentines celebration last night. We went out for Italian, had a couple drinks, a nice dessert, then a 2nd dessert when we got home! ;)

2/14/23 Morning Weight - 218.1 - Between the cookie tasting and the salty, carb and fat heavy dinner last night I am chock full of extra glycogen and water. I need to stay fed today for my Pull session later today. So I will be eating for performance today. So, I know I will hold onto the weight overnight at least a large portion of it but will be fasting tomorrow and it will be right back down by Thursday. I don't really have anything going on that I will be having any major meals out or anything for the next couple of weeks so I expect to see some more progress on the weight loss. I relaxed things a little with the visit from my sister, my b'day and then during my deload. So going to bring back in the 24-36 hour fasts more often and focus on not going over maintenance on my other days. I would like to see my abs decently by April, which is doable but will take a concentrated effort.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a great pre-Valentines Valentines celebration last night. We went out for Italian, had a couple drinks, a nice dessert, then a 2nd dessert when we got home! ;)

2/14/23 Morning Weight - 218.1 - Between the cookie tasting and the salty, carb and fat heavy dinner last night I am chock full of extra glycogen and water. I need to stay fed today for my Pull session later today. So I will be eating for performance today. So, I know I will hold onto the weight overnight at least a large portion of it but will be fasting tomorrow and it will be right back down by Thursday. I don't really have anything going on that I will be having any major meals out or anything for the next couple of weeks so I expect to see some more progress on the weight loss. I relaxed things a little with the visit from my sister, my b'day and then during my deload. So going to bring back in the 24-36 hour fasts more often and focus on not going over maintenance on my other days. I would like to see my abs decently by April, which is doable but will take a concentrated effort.
Project ABA....Abs by April 🏋️‍♀️

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Project ABA....Abs by April 🏋️‍♀️
Yes Sir! Exactly!

2/14/23 Pull Strength

WU = moving some things around in garage and RC Complex

Lat Pull Downs - 70x15 x 2 sets

Pull Ups - 3, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
- The first 3 on these were humbling. I think it was being at about 220 by the time I was doing these.

Conventional Dead Lifts - 135x10, 225x5, WS= 275x5, 295x5, 315x5, 325x5, 325x5 - had to switch to mixed grip for last set all others were DOH which impressed me on grip strength. Wasn't sure where I would end up going with conventional pulling. I definitely have some room to move up on this.

Pendlay Rows 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 175x5, 175x5 - just did these very explosively snapping into chest and lowering under control.

EZ Curls 85x8, 85x8, 85x5 - had a tug in the biceps tendon on the front of my right shoulder where it is partially subluxed so I called it here. Was about an RPE8, so it got the job done, and was enough to give me a massive biceps pump.

Nutrition for the day was right on track for current goals.

2/15/23 - Morning Weight 216.8 - down 2 lbs eating at maintenance.

I will be fasting today and getting some walking and or elliptical in.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fun looking workout !
Thanks @Rocket3015 it was a lot of fun.

2/16/23 - Morning Weight 214 on the dot.

Will be doing a Hypertrophy focused push session later today. Still trying to come up with a more optimal split / program but sticking to this while I figure things out. It's basic, effective and keeps everything worked twice every 8 days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/16/23 - Upper body Push Hyper

RC Complex

DB Incline Bench - 35x10, 50x10, 60x10, 65x10, 70x10, 75x10
- Most I have pressed with a DB since surgery.

DB Seated Arnold Press - 35x10, 45x10, 50x10, 50x10, 45x9

Dips - 10, 10, 10, 10
- got an extra set of 10 here and felt like I was more stable than last session.

DB Side Raises - 20x10, 25x10, 25x10, 25x10 - Weight is up on these.

Was a rough session yesterday, just couldn't get into it. I got good work in and not upset with the numbers but there was no groove and wasn't able to enjoy the session so much as try to survive it. I was starting to gas out already with the dips, and the side raises were even kicking my ass. Doing legs effectively just didn't seem to be in the cards.

Going to do some lower body work today. I just didn't have it in me yesterday and figure whatever I do for legs today will actually be more productive for me than just going through the motions yesterday.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/16/23 - Upper body Push Hyper

RC Complex

DB Incline Bench - 35x10, 50x10, 60x10, 65x10, 70x10, 75x10
- Most I have pressed with a DB since surgery.

DB Seated Arnold Press - 35x10, 45x10, 50x10, 50x10, 45x9

Dips - 10, 10, 10, 10
- got an extra set of 10 here and felt like I was more stable than last session.

DB Side Raises - 20x10, 25x10, 25x10, 25x10 - Weight is up on these.

Was a rough session yesterday, just couldn't get into it. I got good work in and not upset with the numbers but there was no groove and wasn't able to enjoy the session so much as try to survive it. I was starting to gas out already with the dips, and the side raises were even kicking my ass. Doing legs effectively just didn't seem to be in the cards.

Going to do some lower body work today. I just didn't have it in me yesterday and figure whatever I do for legs today will actually be more productive for me than just going through the motions yesterday.
Getting in some good DB incline bench work, looks like everything is getting back to normal. Just in time for Spring and Summer.😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Getting in some good DB incline bench work, looks like everything is getting back to normal. Just in time for Spring and Summer.😎
Yes Sir, took a minute to find my groove on those. I can see the weights starting to climb pretty quickly once I get the neural adaptation for doing them efficiently again. Once upon a time I could do 115x10 on DB Incline Press. Not sure I will get back to that though. My right side RC is still a little unstable for certain movements. At least it isn't the recently operated on side.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny how sometimes there's just no focus for me. I'm only 2 weeks in and I was struggling with my reverse incline crunches. only hit like 12 on the first set, and kept dropping after. not like these are mentally straining, plus there was a chick with a really nice ass working out in front of me! last week I did 22 on the first set. luckily this doesn't happen very often.
Got on the bike for about 5 min. warm up and had a great leg workout.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes Sir, took a minute to find my groove on those. I can see the weights starting to climb pretty quickly once I get the neural adaptation for doing them efficiently again. Once upon a time I could do 115x10 on DB Incline Press. Not sure I will get back to that though. My right side RC is still a little unstable for certain movements. At least it isn't the recently operated on side.
I have a really hard time stabilizing dumb bells in the last few years

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would like to see my abs decently by April, which is doable but will take a concentrated effort.
What's your expected and/or acceptable tradeoff this year with strength and leanness ?
you guys know my background mostly, never had an issue getting under 10% if I really wanted to, but my stop end strength numbers always plateaued at exactly the same spots for 10 years as I put fat loss at a higher priority and this past winter saw so much more strength progress. although, with the help of you and Hyde I was able to control the fat gain substantially with some tweaks in nutrition (fasting) and training.

I can't recall, are you a prewo junky?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Funny how sometimes there's just no focus for me. I'm only 2 weeks in and I was struggling with my reverse incline crunches. only hit like 12 on the first set, and kept dropping after. not like these are mentally straining, plus there was a chick with a really nice ass working out in front of me! last week I did 22 on the first set. luckily this doesn't happen very often.
Got on the bike for about 5 min. warm up and had a great leg workout.
Yeah, I think sometimes it is just that way.
I have a really hard time stabilizing dumb bells in the last few years
Yeah with your shoulders being in rough shape DB's are pretty hard. You might try doing some rotator cuff work during your warm ups to help out with that.
What's your expected and/or acceptable tradeoff this year with strength and leanness ?
you guys know my background mostly, never had an issue getting under 10% if I really wanted to, but my stop end strength numbers always plateaued at exactly the same spots for 10 years as I put fat loss at a higher priority and this past winter saw so much more strength progress. although, with the help of you and Hyde I was able to control the fat gain substantially with some tweaks in nutrition (fasting) and training.

I can't recall, are you a prewo junky?
Honestly I don't really have a set trade off. Once I lean up around where I want to be I will start looking at that continuum. I can have some abs showing around 15% and pretty pronounced by 12% so I won't really be too low in BF even with some abs. Also right now I have a lot of strength potential in reserve so I don't know that I will stop making gains by the time I get as lean as I want to. Unless of course I get lean and decide to push leaner for some reason. As much as I would like to beat my 606 pull in the 220 class, I am not opposed to pulling close to 600 in the 198 class, and then working up from there. I happen to be just as excited by having a nice physique as having nice numbers so I will try to create the balance that pleases me. When it comes to pushing for that over 606 though I will likely push up to 220 class weights, but if so I will have a leaner starting point and would still like to have my BF under or around 20% for that. Just not 100% sure if that will be this year or next.

I probably wouldn't call myself a preworkout junky. I often only take 1/2 of a stimulant pre, and sometimes another half scoop of a pump based product if I have one on hand. However as far as high stims in my pre's only when needed, or sometimes for big workouts I do a full scoop.

================================================================================

I had a busy weekend with lots of work around the house I needed to get done so I did not get a lift in over the weekend.
Sunday night we had FUGGIN BLAST at the ROCKZILLA Tour, everyone kicked ass!!!! Escape the Fate was on point, Hollywood Undead killed it, Falling in Reverse and Papa Roach were both so much fire they could melt your face! It was my first time seeing Falling in Reverse and they were just bad ass, and Papa Roach I see almost every time they come because they fuggin rock live!!!!!

I took Monday off to recover from the concert and get a nice workout in but woke up feeling like major ass! Half hungover, and the other half apparently just sick. Instead of getting better as the day went on it just got worse. Stomach issues, fever chills, and general miserableness all day. I broke fever overnight, and went into work Tuesday but still felt like hell in a handbasket most of the day. Got home and was just wrecked from working all day and ended up going to bed early. So today will be my first session since last week. Looking forward to getting something in.

Also, just to share something cool, my son gave me one of his sets of rims for Flex, I already needed to replace my tires and he had been telling me if his wheels fit I could have them. They are only 19's instead of my 20's but far more aggressive looking and stylish, plus they are about 8lbs lighter per wheel on average so I should be able to accelerate more quickly as a result. Plus I got traction issues with the stock tires and wheels and with these I have a staggered set up with 265's on front and 295's on back coming from 255's all the way around so I have a lot more rubber on the road too. Slapping on some Michelin Pilot Sport SUV summer tires on there too so I should stick to the road like I am driving on fly paper. Once I get the new tires on there I will take a picture, right now the wheels look a little funny because they have lower profile tires that were on his car, I think their is almost 2 inches difference in diameter right now so the wheel gap is a bit out of control. I think the current ones are 255/40R19 and 295/30R19, and to get them to the right diameter for the Flex I have to go with odd sizes 265x50R19, and 295x45R19 on the back. They already look meaty from the back but with the correct size tire I think it is really going to change the way Flex looks for the better. Plus, who has ever seen a Ford Flex with an aggressive staggered wheel set up? Not many people I can tell you that. :)

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I think sometimes it is just that way.
Yeah with your shoulders being in rough shape DB's are pretty hard. You might try doing some rotator cuff work during your warm ups to help out with that.

Honestly I don't really have a set trade off. Once I lean up around where I want to be I will start looking at that continuum. I can have some abs showing around 15% and pretty pronounced by 12% so I won't really be too low in BF even with some abs. Also right now I have a lot of strength potential in reserve so I don't know that I will stop making gains by the time I get as lean as I want to. Unless of course I get lean and decide to push leaner for some reason. As much as I would like to beat my 606 pull in the 220 class, I am not opposed to pulling close to 600 in the 198 class, and then working up from there. I happen to be just as excited by having a nice physique as having nice numbers so I will try to create the balance that pleases me. When it comes to pushing for that over 606 though I will likely push up to 220 class weights, but if so I will have a leaner starting point and would still like to have my BF under or around 20% for that. Just not 100% sure if that will be this year or next.

I probably wouldn't call myself a preworkout junky. I often only take 1/2 of a stimulant pre, and sometimes another half scoop of a pump based product if I have one on hand. However as far as high stims in my pre's only when needed, or sometimes for big workouts I do a full scoop.

================================================================================

I had a busy weekend with lots of work around the house I needed to get done so I did not get a lift in over the weekend.
Sunday night we had FUGGIN BLAST at the ROCKZILLA Tour, everyone kicked ass!!!! Escape the Fate was on point, Hollywood Undead killed it, Falling in Reverse and Papa Roach were both so much fire they could melt your face! It was my first time seeing Falling in Reverse and they were just bad ass, and Papa Roach I see almost every time they come because they fuggin rock live!!!!!

I took Monday off to recover from the concert and get a nice workout in but woke up feeling like major ass! Half hungover, and the other half apparently just sick. Instead of getting better as the day went on it just got worse. Stomach issues, fever chills, and general miserableness all day. I broke fever overnight, and went into work Tuesday but still felt like hell in a handbasket most of the day. Got home and was just wrecked from working all day and ended up going to bed early. So today will be my first session since last week. Looking forward to getting something in.

Also, just to share something cool, my son gave me one of his sets of rims for Flex, I already needed to replace my tires and he had been telling me if his wheels fit I could have them. They are only 19's instead of my 20's but far more aggressive looking and stylish, plus they are about 8lbs lighter per wheel on average so I should be able to accelerate more quickly as a result. Plus I got traction issues with the stock tires and wheels and with these I have a staggered set up with 265's on front and 295's on back coming from 255's all the way around so I have a lot more rubber on the road too. Slapping on some Michelin Pilot Sport SUV summer tires on there too so I should stick to the road like I am driving on fly paper. Once I get the new tires on there I will take a picture, right now the wheels look a little funny because they have lower profile tires that were on his car, I think their is almost 2 inches difference in diameter right now so the wheel gap is a bit out of control. I think the current ones are 255/40R19 and 295/30R19, and to get them to the right diameter for the Flex I have to go with odd sizes 265x50R19, and 295x45R19 on the back. They already look meaty from the back but with the correct size tire I think it is really going to change the way Flex looks for the better. Plus, who has ever seen a Ford Flex with an aggressive staggered wheel set up? Not many people I can tell you that. :)
I love it when my wife and I can go to a good concert….it reminds us of our younger days, just way more expensive now, but it’s worth it.
Sounds like that Flex is ready to do some flexing. I always liked the look of those, I bet it does look good with more aggressive wheels and stance.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man I miss being a car guy... I love the boating life and since my wife does too, that's basically where any extracurricular money goes lol. When I married her I moved into her place which didn't have a garage and that's probably saved me a lot of money since I have no place to park a hotrod project...

I definitely am. Always at least a full scoop... that's sorta another reason I like deload weeks... a week of no stims hitting my system lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love it when my wife and I can go to a good concert….it reminds us of our younger days, just way more expensive now, but it’s worth it.
Sounds like that Flex is ready to do some flexing. I always liked the look of those, I bet it does look good with more aggressive wheels and stance.
Yeah concerts are our thing. It is where we spend our extra money for experiences. It is a bad year if we only get a few in. I have her on the ready for Friday when the Guns & Roses tickets go on sale for the Houston show. We have Nickelback tickets, and then the Disturbed & Breaking Benjamin concert coming up in June. Excited to see both of those as well. All 3 of them put on a hell of a show!

Yessir, I haven't done a dyno or anything but at the crank it should be pushing about 485 or so. So probably around 330-350 to the wheels since all wheel drive there is a decent bit of drivetrain loss. I definitely surprise a lot of people and regularly hurt the guys with Dodge Charger's feelings. They all think they are so fast with the scat pack 392's until I smoke em in my boosted brick.
I love to see a Power Lifter who has a good physique!
Yeah, when you see someone like Duffin doing amazing lifts while being absolutely jacked it is very impressive.
man I miss being a car guy... I love the boating life and since my wife does too, that's basically where any extracurricular money goes lol. When I married her I moved into her place which didn't have a garage and that's probably saved me a lot of money since I have no place to park a hotrod project...

I definitely am. Always at least a full scoop... that's sorta another reason I like deload weeks... a week of no stims hitting my system lol
Yeah 2 expensive hobbies like that would require some serious cheddar. I am only able to bump my ride up every once in a while. Mostly resort to birthday and or Christmas present time to get something cool for the ride. I have to get my WMI installed and get the tune for that, it will push me up to about 425-450HP at the wheel. After that it will more than likely be lowering it then upgrading the fuel pump and injectors so I can run pure E85. After that if still upgrading I will go with an intercooler. With all of that it should push me up to 500-515 at the wheel. Of course that would be over a couple years but WMI install will probably happen for Father's Day!

About to eat my 2nd meal of the day and will be lifting when I get home. Worked through lunch today because everyone else left early and I didn't want to be at lunch if something came up and I am needed. Plus recovering an hour of PTO is never a bad idea!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah 2 expensive hobbies like that would require some serious cheddar. I am only able to bump my ride up every once in a while. Mostly resort to birthday and or Christmas present time to get something cool for the ride. I have to get my WMI installed and get the tune for that, it will push me up to about 425-450HP at the wheel. After that it will more than likely be lowering it then upgrading the fuel pump and injectors so I can run pure E85. After that if still upgrading I will go with an intercooler. With all of that it should push me up to 500-515 at the wheel. Of course that would be over a couple years but WMI install will probably happen for Father's Day!
dude I miss my CTS-V so much. I bought that thing for like $13k cause the guy had to move to Houston the next week and was dumping it. they're going for like $25k now locally... I BRIEFLY lived in this awesome urban loft in tacoma... 16ft ceilings, brick walls, open pipes. had my cts-v out in the street, pissing off all the neighbors with straight pipes at 5am on my way to work just blasting down 705 to the I5 every morning drifting the onramp, triple digits on the way home during the tight tunnel passes where I knew no cops could hang.

But when we moved in together I knew I needed a truck so the CTS-V had to say goodbye for a while... and my truck gets better MPG lol... damn I miss a fast 400hp manual!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
dude I miss my CTS-V so much. I bought that thing for like $13k cause the guy had to move to Houston the next week and was dumping it. they're going for like $25k now locally... I BRIEFLY lived in this awesome urban loft in tacoma... 16ft ceilings, brick walls, open pipes. had my cts-v out in the street, pissing off all the neighbors with straight pipes at 5am on my way to work just blasting down 705 to the I5 every morning drifting the onramp, triple digits on the way home during the tight tunnel passes where I knew no cops could hang.

But when we moved in together I knew I needed a truck so the CTS-V had to say goodbye for a while... and my truck gets better MPG lol... damn I miss a fast 400hp manual!
It took me several years after we got together to be in a place where I could find something in between my wants and my needs. The Ecoboost in the Flex was just the trick. Don't get me wrong I would still love to have a true power and handling beast. I would love a CTS-V as well. I think they are just dead sexy, the sedan version more so than the coupe in my opinion. Who knows maybe my next ride will be my toy and I can keep the flex for a fun family ride. I would love something I could drift in for sure.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would love a CTS-V as well. I think they are just dead sexy, the sedan version more so than the coupe in my opinion. Who knows maybe my next ride will be my toy and I can keep the flex for a fun family ride. I would love something I could drift in for sure.
not only that but a black 4 door looks like an old man car and the cops never suspect it was you!!! 😅😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
not only that but a black 4 door looks like an old man car and the cops never suspect it was you!!! 😅😅
Except for the straight pipes screaming. LOL

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Except for the straight pipes screaming. LOL
which did concern me more than once but shifting from 3rd to 6th helps quiet it down a little. one time i hit like 90 in a 50 and see blue lights behind me so I shift over to the left lane in between some cars and just cruise. the cop literally comes rolling up and slows down when he gets to the five of us, looking at each car before he nails it and flies forward (I assume) looking for whoever was doing 90 lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My son toned down his straight pipes, they were true straight pipes though. Going from a catless downpipe straight to a dump pointing right at the ground. Now he still has catless downpipes but has a high flow cat where the secondary goes into a straight through resonator into some Flowmaster Outlaws which sound fuggin awesome!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah concerts are our thing. It is where we spend our extra money for experiences. It is a bad year if we only get a few in. I have her on the ready for Friday when the Guns & Roses tickets go on sale for the Houston show. We have Nickelback tickets, and then the Disturbed & Breaking Benjamin concert coming up in June. Excited to see both of those as well. All 3 of them put on a hell of a show!

Yessir, I haven't done a dyno or anything but at the crank it should be pushing about 485 or so. So probably around 330-350 to the wheels since all wheel drive there is a decent bit of drivetrain loss. I definitely surprise a lot of people and regularly hurt the guys with Dodge Charger's feelings. They all think they are so fast with the scat pack 392's until I smoke em in my boosted brick.
Yeah, when you see someone like Duffin doing amazing lifts while being absolutely jacked it is very impressive.

About to eat my 2nd meal of the day and will be lifting when I get home. Worked through lunch today because everyone else left early and I didn't want to be at lunch if something came up and I am needed. Plus recovering an hour of PTO is never a bad idea!
I would love to see Guns & Roses…..never got to see them, but we may have to see when they are coming to Atlanta. Cool story… back in the Summer of 1987 me and my cousin and a bunch of buddies all took off to Memphis to see the Monsters of Rock with Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come, which was awesome, but my buddy had one of the new albums from this new group, Guns & Roses. The first song we played was Welcome to the Jungle, and we were hooked. So a Van Halen concert with Metallica and Scorpions, while listening to Guns & Roses and partying with some Tennessee girls all weekend, man sorry about rattling on, but got me reminiscing.😜😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im getting old, date night with the wife is all the excitement I can handle
Date night with the wife is a beautiful thing!!!!
I would love to see Guns & Roses…..never got to see them, but we may have to see when they are coming to Atlanta. Cool story… back in the Summer of 1987 me and my cousin and a bunch of buddies all took off to Memphis to see the Monsters of Rock with Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come, which was awesome, but my buddy had one of the new albums from this new group, Guns & Roses. The first song we played was Welcome to the Jungle, and we were hooked. So a Van Halen concert with Metallica and Scorpions, while listening to Guns & Roses and partying with some Tennessee girls all weekend, man sorry about rattling on, but got me reminiscing.😜😎
I remember wanting to go see that concert! I think I was like 13-14, and wasn't able to get tickets.
We still love our date night, even when it’s just dinner and a movie. Sometimes that’s all you need.
Yep, a lot of the time for us it is just a dinner out. I don't think I have been to more than 1 movie in the theaters in the last 2 years. I just can't make myself pay the cost. I have an 80 inch TV and surround sound at the house so just don't see the point when I can own the movie for the cost of one ticket. COVID kind of ruined me for the movie theater.
It just nice to spend some time with those you love
Agreed! I think people really need to value the time with their loved ones.

2/22/23 - Lower body

Elliptical - 6 minutes
BW Overhead Squat - 10 x 3 sets

SSB Squat - WU = 155x5 x1, 155x5, 175x5, 205x5
245x5, 285x5, 295x5, 305x5, 305x5
- These were surprisingly challenging due to getting a painful gas bubble on the 295x5 set. I still could have gone to 315 for sure but leaving room for increasing the weights weekly.

IronTec Squats - 275x12, 325x12, 325x12, 325x12 - Got some more volume in for the movement pattern.

Called it a day there. My legs were pretty toasty and I got a gas bubble get pushed up into my upper chest and back from the belt and it was just pretty debilitating. Bracing with it was very painful and I tried percussion on my chest, but couldn't get it to break up. Wasn't until I was in the shower that I finally started burping it up and getting some relief.

Trying out a squat focused lower day and a hinge focused lower day to see how it feels doing the main movement for 5x5 and the accessory movements in the Hypertrophy range. See if I like that or prefer what I was doing before.. If I like it I will add volume as I go by bringing in some leg isolation movements and adding in sets.

2/23/23 - Morning Weight 214 on the dot. - It is time to get that number going back down. Not happy with the stall, but it was my decisions that caused it. Time to refocus, and stop making decisions that slow down the process if I want my "Abs by April!"

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My son toned down his straight pipes, they were true straight pipes though. Going from a catless downpipe straight to a dump pointing right at the ground. Now he still has catless downpipes but has a high flow cat where the secondary goes into a straight through resonator into some Flowmaster Outlaws which sound fuggin awesome!
zero doubt that would be slick! we have emissions testing out here and straight pipe is illegal so I kept my caddi registered at my folks house (no emissions testing). our straight pipe job was at a 'trusted' shop my buddy and I like so we paid him cash and they just cut off the mufflers and went straight but kept the converters. My wife was glad to see the car leave lol

Im getting old, date night with the wife is all the excitement I can handle
when my wife and I were in Sayulita I had to keep asking her if we were old or if this noise was actually annoying. the town has become a hippy destination and the music is so loud everywhere I had to yell to talk to my wife on the sidewalks and even ducking into a bar was too loud 😅😅

We still love our date night, even when it’s just dinner and a movie. Sometimes that’s all you need.

haha... before my wife and I got married I had my musician buddy record an accoustic version of this song for my wife (one of her favorite songs)
She makes plans for the weekend
Can't wait to go out
Till she changes her mind
And says, "Let's stay on the couch and watch TV"
And she falls asleep