KLEEN Cut's back on the supplements but not the progress!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tire work sounds fun!
It is fun and hard work!

Okay so I did not lift yesterday and am going to take today off other than go for a walk to loosen up my back. Trust me what I did instead was well worth the deviation and I definitely burned a ridiculous amount of calories.

So I found an awesome deal on craigslist and went and picked it up yesterday. I was really only going for the 390 lbs in olympic weights, commercial grade weight tree and the Texas Power Bar but he had a bench / squat stand too. I figured I would take home and put on the curb when I saw it in the pictures it kind of looked cheap. Well when I got there to my surprise it was an IMPEX bench and squat stand rated at 800 lbs!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!! I know not Rogue or Elite but hey man 800 Lbs is probably more than I will ever squat, and definitely bench! He also tossed in a low rebound medicine ball great for throws or slams! Here is the kicker, I took it all home for less than the cost of a new Texas Power Bar!!!!!!

Anyway I was going to dead lift and a few other things yesterday so I decided to set up the new stuff. Well as I got started I looked around my garage and with the new weight stand and everything I finally had the weight storage to make my area look nice and a lot less cluttered. So I decided if I was going to do this I was going to do it right! I did not take a before picture but I worked on this from about 4:00PM until 2:00 AM! I took everything out of the garage swept and mopped then put everything back in and went through about 10 different configurations to get the most out of my area while leaving room to put parallel bars, rings and a low bar for Trinity to practice some strength skills on.

These are two views to show most of what I have. to give you the layout and final explanation for how it was selected. Starting from the front of the garage against the wall you have an elevated Dead Lift area with a 4x8 flat roof insulation panel for cushioning then a 4x8 3/4 inch sheet of roofing deck. Hex Bar against the wall, Tire Sled, Medicine Ball, 50lbs Adjustable Standard DB's Oly DB handles, weight tree, and Iron Master Adjustable DB's. In the back is a Full Rack with lat pull, pec deck, and low row with my Mountain Dog Band Set and Stroops Son of a Beast Battle ropes attached to it. Then back in front is the IMPEX 800lbs rated bench and squat rack with the Texas Power Bar which is sitting on the end of the rubber flooring that is in between the two cages for squatting.

I basically set this up so I can get 2-3 more people to come work out with me and we can all be doing different portions of the workout or teaming up. Start doing my Personal Training via small group athletic training. The way it s set up someone can bench and squat at same time or two people can squat or bench, we can just keep things moving at a fast pace in different stations. I can also open the door behind the back rack and there is an extended concrete area of the square concrete tiles so lots of things can be set up and done back there. I plan to try to have a few people training with me in the next month.

_Garage Gym 1 smaller.jpg

_Garge Gym 2 smaller.jpg

turff49

turff49

Awards
Sweet!!!!!!! That was a fab deal Chris! And your setup looks excellent!!! Happy for you man!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell of a deal!!! Craigslist is unbelievable!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Yeah! Nice looking garage there!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet!!!!!!! That was a fab deal Chris! And your setup looks excellent!!! Happy for you man!!
Hell of a deal!!! Craigslist is unbelievable!
Yeah! Nice looking garage there!!
Sweet deal, slick set up for sure.
Great set up. So much to work with.
Thanks guys! I am so excited about it. I have gone out and just looked at it a few times today. I just did the math and I have 910lbs in Olympic plates right now. Setting up complexes and whatnot should be no problem.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Good find! That Texas bar will last you forever.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Killer set up!!! Love it!!! Will be a perfect set up for training!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is fun and hard work!

Okay so I did not lift yesterday and am going to take today off other than go for a walk to loosen up my back. Trust me what I did instead was well worth the deviation and I definitely burned a ridiculous amount of calories.

So I found an awesome deal on craigslist and went and picked it up yesterday. I was really only going for the 390 lbs in olympic weights, commercial grade weight tree and the Texas Power Bar but he had a bench / squat stand too. I figured I would take home and put on the curb when I saw it in the pictures it kind of looked cheap. Well when I got there to my surprise it was an IMPEX bench and squat stand rated at 800 lbs!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!! I know not Rogue or Elite but hey man 800 Lbs is probably more than I will ever squat, and definitely bench! He also tossed in a low rebound medicine ball great for throws or slams! Here is the kicker, I took it all home for less than the cost of a new Texas Power Bar!!!!!!

Anyway I was going to dead lift and a few other things yesterday so I decided to set up the new stuff. Well as I got started I looked around my garage and with the new weight stand and everything I finally had the weight storage to make my area look nice and a lot less cluttered. So I decided if I was going to do this I was going to do it right! I did not take a before picture but I worked on this from about 4:00PM until 2:00 AM! I took everything out of the garage swept and mopped then put everything back in and went through about 10 different configurations to get the most out of my area while leaving room to put parallel bars, rings and a low bar for Trinity to practice some strength skills on.

These are two views to show most of what I have. to give you the layout and final explanation for how it was selected. Starting from the front of the garage against the wall you have an elevated Dead Lift area with a 4x8 flat roof insulation panel for cushioning then a 4x8 3/4 inch sheet of roofing deck. Hex Bar against the wall, Tire Sled, Medicine Ball, 50lbs Adjustable Standard DB's Oly DB handles, weight tree, and Iron Master Adjustable DB's. In the back is a Full Rack with lat pull, pec deck, and low row with my Mountain Dog Band Set and Stroops Son of a Beast Battle ropes attached to it. Then back in front is the IMPEX 800lbs rated bench and squat rack with the Texas Power Bar which is sitting on the end of the rubber flooring that is in between the two cages for squatting.

I basically set this up so I can get 2-3 more people to come work out with me and we can all be doing different portions of the workout or teaming up. Start doing my Personal Training via small group athletic training. The way it s set up someone can bench and squat at same time or two people can squat or bench, we can just keep things moving at a fast pace in different stations. I can also open the door behind the back rack and there is an extended concrete area of the square concrete tiles so lots of things can be set up and done back there. I plan to try to have a few people training with me in the next month.

View attachment 121958

View attachment 121959
Holy shyt.....Is that the same garage?!?! Lol. Awesome stuff brother. You need posing mirrors and lights in one corner for next year

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good find! That Texas bar will last you forever.
Thanks Brother, it was the reason I went for the purchase to be honest. The weights were the right price but I have seen them priced like that before but add in the Texas Power Bar and that made the 250 for everything a steal. Then finding out the bench / squat stand was rated for 800lbs when I got there was like winning the lottery.

So my body is revolting against me after the abuse I put it through this past week. Trying to find maxes on so many lifts left me a bit battered. Rather than start the full program I intended I am going to take a week to recover and work on the skills for the lifts in the program I already have maxes for before starting with the prescribed weights. This will also give me an opportunity heal up a little and try one or two more maxes out later this week, the maxes will be the only heavy lifting I do this weak. My elbows and knees are bitching a little and my heel flared back up after being on it all day working on the garage gym. So I want to be careful and make this week kind of a deload.

Tonight I will probably do a medicine ball complex with some body weight squats and lunges then maybe drag the tire for a bit, or go ride my bike, do some speed intervals or something.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy shyt.....Is that the same garage?!?! Lol. Awesome stuff brother. You need posing mirrors and lights in one corner for next year
Montego1 Yes Sir! I worked my ass off on that!!!! We even have enough weight here for you to work with! Will more than likely have that squared away as far as a couple mirrors and better lighting!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Man... I dropped 300 for my Texas bar alone. You won the lottery with that score.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting set up nicely

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so it is apparent I have no idea what low intensity means. LMAO! Actually I kept the weights down for the lifts. It was the extra volume work on the tire sled that DAMN NEAR KILLED ME!!!!!

So here is how it went, and I must say the workout even with lighter weights was challenging.

Warm Up on Health Rider for 2 songs.

Box Jumps 3 sets of 5 - I don't have a really high box so I jump as high as I can picking my knees up like I am trying to clear a high box then land on mine which is about 14-16 inches tall.

Hex Deads 4 sets of 6 @ 225 - just did explosively and worked on form / optimal set up.

Super Set
Back Squats - 4 sets of 8 @ 225
- really enjoyed how the new bar felt!
Box Jumps AMRAP 30 seconds - When I started my second set of these my heel started to hurt a little so I switched to quick paced step ups instead.

Now for the killer! The Tire Sled, I was supposed to do Farmers Carry or Hex Bar Carry for sets after this but wanted to give my grip a break to help the elbows. So I went with the tire sled.

Tire Sled Drags - alternating forward long extending strides to really get the hams and glutes, then turn around and lower myself and walk backwards to target the quads. I will say this the belt leaves the tire flat on the ground so just the 45 lb weight felt like a couple hundred pounds... Basically like dragging something with the brakes on. I drug it 6 or 7 houses / lots down the street. I figure each lot is about 20-30 yards from driveway to driveway... By the time I passed the 2nd house on the way back I wished I had turned back earlier. I went too far away from the house and by the time I got it back to the garage I thought I was gonna hyperventilate. Oh man it was brutal and exquisite!

As much as I say it was a bad idea and I felt I went to far, one thing I will say is that if I had played it safe and just went the length of my yard and back over and over I would have never done anywhere near the amount of work. When it comes to this kind of work some times having to man the hell up or leave it in the street is the choice that forces you beyond uncomfortable into a state of sheer determination. Another cool thing is my daughter walked the whole way with me rooting me on. It became evident I was starting to pull from driveway to driveway so she would tell me keep going Daddy you are almost there. Then she would root me on and say try and go farther Daddy, you can do it!!! Got me to muscle through a few 2 lot pulls. I guess I don't have to say it but I was just dripping with sweat and gasping for air like I just ran a 400yd sprint! I was actually still breathing somewhat hard an hour later!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you pull the tire sled with shoulder straps or a belt?
I have a belt right now which is pretty cool. I want the harness also that way my core gets a lot of work too! I just have to find one and order it. I think I may be able to add more weight with a harness because the angle of the pull will have less of the tire in direct contact with the road. With it low on the belt the tire pretty much stayed flat on the ground that is a lot of surface rubber creating friction!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a belt right now which is pretty cool. I want the harness also that way my core gets a lot of work too! I just have to find one and order it. I think I may be able to add more weight with a harness because the angle of the pull will have less of the tire in direct contact with the road. With it low on the belt the tire pretty much stayed flat on the ground that is a lot of surface rubber creating friction!
I looked for some shoulder straps/harness at a couple different sporting goods stores. My gym has a prowler sled. But none of the stores I checked had one. Thought about ordering one online. But I was also using a belt with a strap to pull it with. I think it would be better with the harness, I feel like I have to concentrate too much on keeping the belt tension in place and it puts a strange pressure on my hips.

clown007

clown007

Awards
What about a tightly fitting backpack and nylon straps to loop through the backpack to the tire? You can cinch the straps as tight as you want and they will also have more padding than the harnesses. You can reinforce the stitching at the straps to ensure their strength.
Cheap, easy and effective (my kind of fitness MacGyvering :) )

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about a tightly fitting backpack and nylon straps to loop through the backpack to the tire? You can cinch the straps as tight as you want and they will also have more padding than the harnesses. You can reinforce the stitching at the straps to ensure their strength.
This is actually what employees at both sporting goods stores I went to recommended since their store didn't have what I was looking for.

clown007

clown007

Awards
This is actually what employees at both sporting goods stores I went to recommended since their store didn't have what I was looking for.
And a decent backpack can also be used as a rucksack for some heavy carry workouts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I looked for some shoulder straps/harness at a couple different sporting goods stores. My gym has a prowler sled. But none of the stores I checked had one. Thought about ordering one online. But I was also using a belt with a strap to pull it with. I think it would be better with the harness, I feel like I have to concentrate too much on keeping the belt tension in place and it puts a strange pressure on my hips.
The belt I was using is from Stroops and you tight the belt itsled around your waist then there is a separate strap to the rope that goes to the tire. So there was no wrestling around with it. It is made for this. Not sure if you were using a weight belt and something tied to it or if the one you had was poorly made but this one I had no issue with it staying in place facing forward or back. No the harness would allow for you to get a bad ass core workout because you would have to keep the abs contracted hard to stabilize the torso in the pull.

This would work if you got it heavy duty enough. Remember you are pulling heavy loads and often explosively. Getting a backpack strong enough it wont tear the 3rd time you use it will cost you close to as much as a harness i bet.

A simple solution from what is becoming a home gym mentality might be a large D clamp or quicklink with a 6-8 foot piece of rope tied with a loop at each end, wrap an old towel or paper towels around the loops in the rope for cushioning and added thickness then duct tape around the cushioning. Pull until your heart is content. You can also use the same rope to do tire rows, tire presses, rear delt tire flies to do eccentric-less training for them.

Another option that would be kind of a 2 for one purchase would be to use the same rope scenarios but instead buy some hanging ab straps and use those as the shoulder harness by hooking to the tires chain.

Then again I just found this, who would have thunk it!!!! $10.99 plus shipping... not sure how sturdy it actually is but could be easily reinforced if required. Looks like the weakest point would be the metal ring.
http://www.basspro.com/Hunter-s-Specialties-Deluxe-Deer-Drag/product/49364/

At least they were trying...
And a decent backpack can also be used as a rucksack for some heavy carry workouts.
Yes agreed, but a decent backpack is often as expensive as the harnesses. Although I am tempted to just go by a ruck from a Military Surplus store to do some weighted marches.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, was using a weight belt, with a strap extension rigged to the chain. Not made for it at all.

I just pushed the sled most of the time because my rig sucked.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Then again I just found this, who would have thunk it!!!! $10.99 plus shipping... not sure how sturdy it actually is but could be easily reinforced if required. Looks like the weakest point would be the metal ring.
http://www.basspro.com/Hunter-s-Specialties-Deluxe-Deer-Drag/product/49364/

That's a great find! If it can drag a deer it should be pretty darn strong!
True about the backpack durability. Guess you could probably use the nylon straps from a set of rings (or the like) and wrap towels around them for comfort. Looks like that is the material used for the "deer drag"

Nice find Kleen!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! I won't lie I am happy to see it. I will probably order 2-3 when I order them. That way I can have enough for others to use.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! I won't lie I am happy to see it. I will probably order 2-3 when I order them. That way I can have enough for others to use.
Lol. Are you getting ready for us to come to Houston and work out with you!!?? You'd kill me!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Expensive Spud version is $150!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1438168535.188080.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Are you getting ready for us to come to Houston and work out with you!!?? You'd kill me!
Damn straight and Nah you could hang for sure. In fact you would school me if it were pull up day!
Expensive Spud version is $150!
View attachment 122068
Yeah but it looks like you could pull an airplane with that thing! Plus the wider straps offers more comfort I am sure.

So here is last nights workout. I think calling this week a deload is just a bit silly after this last workout. Yes the actual weights i am lifting are less but all of this power training and what not is more intense than the weights. LOL

Medicine Ball Backward throw at wall, 3 sets of 5, 30 seconds rest
Medicine Ball Push Press against a wall 3 sets of 5, 30 seconds rest

Superset
Push Press x6 / Pull Ups = AMRAP x 4 sets
Medicine ball complex 30 seconds each AMRAP 15lb ball - 3 rounds 60-90 seconds rest between rounds
Backward Throw, Chest Throw, Push Press throw, Slam

Barbell Weighted Overhead Carry 95lbs x 3 sets of 60 seconds with 60 seconds rest
Resistance band rowing for 3 minutes. I looked up some times on how long it took to row 500yards then used my bands to mimic a rowing movement while also doing kind of an alternating reverse lunge with a back extension to incorporate the legs and lower back. Trying to explain it does not maker sense but it worked well for the purpose of mimicking a rowing machine. I will video it next time for anyone who might want to incorporate or use whenever rowing is required in a program.

My entire shoulder carriage is like what the hell is going on!?!?!?!?! Between the power throws and the push press then overhead carries my entire yoke area is just exhausted. All of it is sore, and my traps are just done! Good thing tonight is an energy systems workout. I am supposed to do either short sprints and long sprints tonight or short bike sprints and long bike sprints. I am going to get on my bike because my heel is not going to take a bunch of sprinting right now. Hopefully if I am careful with it the rest of the week it will heal up so it is not a factor in my training.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last night I reluctantly decided to take a rest day instead of doing any kind of sprints. My heel still not quite up to par and I just don't feel like pushing it and prolonging the recovery... especially during a kind of deload week. Very frustrating, but on top of that I was just 100% EXHAUSTED! I went from only training 3 times a week to training 7 times a week with increased intensity. I was just so physically spent by the time I got home yesterday it was hard to keep my eyes open.

On to the good news, in the last 2-3 weeks I have lost at least 5 lbs if not more. I need to get on the scale this weekend and see. I was at 226 so I am hoping at least 220 when I weigh in. If better than that I will be pretty stoked. I go to do my blood work tomorrow for my physical. Will see how things look there. I know my Hemotocrit is a bit high, but I am starting the therapeutic phlebotomy this weekend too which will get that better and lower my BP as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last night I reluctantly decided to take a rest day instead of doing any kind of sprints. My heel still not quite up to par and I just don't feel like pushing it and prolonging the recovery... especially during a kind of deload week. Very frustrating, but on top of that I was just 100% EXHAUSTED! I went from only training 3 times a week to training 7 times a week with increased intensity. I was just so physically spent by the time I got home yesterday it was hard to keep my eyes open.

On to the good news, in the last 2-3 weeks I have lost at least 5 lbs if not more. I need to get on the scale this weekend and see. I was at 226 so I am hoping at least 220 when I weigh in. If better than that I will be pretty stoked. I go to do my blood work tomorrow for my physical. Will see how things look there. I know my Hemotocrit is a bit high, but I am starting the therapeutic phlebotomy this weekend too which will get that better and lower my BP as well.
Hah I just broke 220 we are so often in the same place. I also can related to the heal issue. I had some kind of bone spur most of last year and early this year.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Just look for an old harness at any of the safety supply stores.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hah I just broke 220 we are so often in the same place. I also can related to the heal issue. I had some kind of bone spur most of last year and early this year.
That is no good, and I am pretty sure your 220 is more impressive than my 220 right now. :) As it should be since you have crushed it all year!
Just look for an old harness at any of the safety supply stores.
Awesome, not sure why I didn't think of that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so last nights workout was a beast! I kept the bench and dead stop rows in the lighter range and just did them very explosively.

I think the frequency of training in this might be a bit too much for me. Even with the lighter weights this week it is pushing my tendons in my elbows. I noticed it yesterday. I am contemplating backing down to 3 workouts where i am weight training and then fill everything else in with various GPP and or Calisthenics. As much as I was excited by the fact that this workout offered me everything I was looking for I think it may be out of my realm for right now and I am not willing to reinjure myself. This is definitely a program that needs to be worked up too.

Here is what I did last night.

Health Rider x 2 songs
A - Medicine Ball Chest Throw - 3 sets of 5

B1 - Flat Bench 4 sets of 6
B2 - Dead Stop Rows 4 sets of 6
I kept the weights lighter for both of these

Upper body Complex 30 seconds each 4 round
A - Alternating Arm Battle Ropes
B - Inverted Rows
C - Two hand rope slams
D - Push Ups

By the time I finished the 3rd rotation I was doing mostly partials on the rows and ended up doing partials and holds on both exercises during the last round. I am telling you these ropes are ridiculous how much they take out of you compared to regular battle ropes. It is unreal!!!!

Bear Hug carries with DB 3 sets of 60 seconds

Called it a day!
Again waking up I seem to look better than I have been. Things are beginning to tighten up now.

I have been contemplating pulling the trigger on Zach Even-esh new coaching app, group training deal. Today is the last day it is $15 a month I think I am going to go ahead and sign up there. Let him do my athletic programming for a bit to get a better idea how to construct the training myself. It is a 3 day per week deal and i am sure far more in line with my connective tissue recovery ability than 5 weight workouts a week.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think that's a very smart plan! Your current workout is insane period... If you realize what you're coming from, that makes it even more so!!! You're on a mission but no need to not play it smart and build up!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think that's a very smart plan! Your current workout is insane period... If you realize what you're coming from, that makes it even more so!!! You're on a mission but no need to not play it smart and build up!!
Thanks Kat, it is a little hard to admit when you bit off a little more than you can chew but this one I had a sneaky suspicion. I do hope I will be able to do this one as written some day because it looks amazeballs!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Kat, it is a little hard to admit when you bit off a little more than you can chew but this one I had a sneaky suspicion. I do hope I will be able to do this one as written some day because it looks amazeballs!
I have no doubt you will be able to!! Probably pretty soon too!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is the difference in your ropes? Just heavier than standard?
No not at all, they are STROOPS Son of A Beast ropes which are basically bungee cords. The ones I got are 10 foot long each, come in a set of two and stretch to a maximum length of 30 feet. At 30 feet they have 105 lbs of resistance each rope. So when I step back to about 20 feet and have it pulling back on me hard on top of the weight from swinging them and pulling on them is just so far beyond a regular battle rope. Plus you can do all kinds of resistance exercises with them too.

Here is a video of them. [video=youtube;9CClYQtD2vE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CClYQtD2vE[/video]

I have no doubt you will be able to!! Probably pretty soon too!!
Thanks Kat!
Awesome setup my man; looking good in here! Just caught up!
Thanks it was a lot of work but I am enjoying it now.

So Fridays workout just to skim the DEAD Lift Max Attempt went well. Definitely have some strength to recover but all in all not too bad. I worked up to a moderately easy 435, I decided to go big or go home and jump to 455. I knew I wouldn't get it if I tried 445 first and figured go for it! I got 2-3 inches over my knees and my hamstrings just started bucking against the weight. I was so close. I don't think it will take me too long to get back up to where I was last time I was dead lifting regularly.

Saturday was a full body strength complex. 4 exercises x 4 rotations, 30 seconds rest between exercises and 90 seconds between rotations.

Dead Lifts x5 reps
Weighted Dips x8
High Pull from Hang x5
Pull Ups x8

I was pretty sweaty and just happy to be done when I finished!!!!!

Plans for today include rest and or leisurely activity! In the mood for cuddling and couch time with the family!

Who watched the brutal 34 second knock out last night! BOOM! Ronda Rousey whooped Dat Azz!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah by the way, I forgot to mention that I weighed in at 214.5 yesterday morning before eating. So I am down 11.5 lbs in the last 3 or so weeks. No wonder I was noticing changes in the mirror!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah and they work so much better than you can even imagine!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Excellent progress!!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah by the way, I forgot to mention that I weighed in at 214.5 yesterday morning before eating. So I am down 11.5 lbs in the last 3 or so weeks. No wonder I was noticing changes in the mirror!
Nice job Chris...

clown007

clown007

Awards
Nice work Kleen!!
What program are you running right now? Its a nice mix of GPP, strength... looks interesting!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm coming over.
That would be a very fun workout!!!!
Excellent progress!!
Thanks!!!
Nice job Chris...
Thanks again!
Nice work Kleen!!
What program are you running right now? Its a nice mix of GPP, strength... looks interesting!
The one I have been working on the past 2 weeks is Christian Thibideaux's Athlete Lean, Athlete Strong. Here is a link to the whole workout. It is 7 days a week and was a bit more than my elbow can handle at 5 majors lifts a week. I will do it again when I am in total health just to say I completed it.

Here is the link to the actual program. https://www.t-nation.com/training/athlete-lean-athlete-strong

I am on Zach Even-esh's program now where he does all the structuring. It is a 3 times a week lift program for athletes. I will be doing the GPP and other Conditioning days 2-3 days a week for a total of 5-6 days a week depending on recovery, and scheduling.

Tonights workout is

The Hero's Warm Up = 10 calisthenic movements done for 10 reps each

Tested Combo will be:
Box Squats: 5 sets working up to 3 rep max
Broad Jump - 5 sets of 2 long jumps for distance

Reverse Lunges 3 sets of 6
Double Kettle Bell Cleans 3 sets of 6

Over Head Carries with DB or Kettle Bells 3 sets of 30 yards
Band Pull Aparts 3 sets of 20

Mobility Cool Down for 6 minutes... basic full body foam rolling

I believe the grouped exercises are to be done as a super set. I asked online to verify. He also said basically what I thought which was depending on your goals do something for extra conditioning 2-3 times a week.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Nice thanks Kleen!
I remember now that you had mentioned the Evan-Esh programming. Looks cool. I am going to look more into it as well as the Thib workouts.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I like doing a workout like that every so often for a change of pace. Jason Ferruggia has some good ones I have used.