KLEEN Cut's back on the supplements but not the progress!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Then I have several of my own programs I have written and done well with... I may just do what i like to do and add in characteristics of many into my own made up programs... :) Either way tomorrow is another lift day and I enjoyed adding in the X Reps so I think I will do that again for sure.
I vote for this! Best way to roll for the seasoned veteran lifter!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All of this talk of wonderful protein powders... Gonna have to try it one day! Great way to switch things up too! I agree with Turff, your workouts are great and you know they work--go for those!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I vote for this! Best way to roll for the seasoned veteran lifter!!
Thanks Turf! Agreed I like to try new programs find what i like from them and then build things myself. The fun of building your own is almost as fun as executing them. It is a mental workout that I love as well!
All of this talk of wonderful protein powders... Gonna have to try it one day! Great way to switch things up too! I agree with Turff, your workouts are great and you know they work--go for those!
Absolutely and the next one you buy should be Trutein Lemon Meringue Pie!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to have to google the workouts you have mentioned...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Going to have to google the workouts you have mentioned...
Definitely worth looking into. I am going to leave here soon and head to the gym and crush it! That or hit it up in my garage I am kind of eyeballing the garage right now. No groups of people to deal with there!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh by the way I am taking this moment to go ahead and say I am not going to be dieting in any certain way the rest of the year as in not trying to lean up or gain mass. I have to many things that are going to be going on and may be getting my deviated septum operated on if I can get it scheduled before the end of the year so that will take me out of the gym for two weeks more than likely. So no specific program and no specific diet. I am just going to enjoy being me and have some comfort Christmas foods and hit the gym a few times a week for enjoyment purposes.

I am taking my wife to a nice little B&B this weekend in San Antonio for our 12th anniversary. I will be out of town and on a romantical mission so no weights will be lifted nor a macro counted. Just gonna be me and my wife as priorities!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Yep, congrats man!
And hopefully there is a little weight lifted(your wife), it IS your anniversary...lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just gonna be me and my wife as priorities!
As it should be!! Congratulations! Enjoy yourself!! That sounds like it will be an amazing time!

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Have an incredible time! And keep keeping the wife happy! I love that you have your priorities straight! :respect:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This work out looks like a nice change. Have to look into these x reps. Sounds like fun:)
Was a blast!
Enjoy brother, and congrats on 12 years!!
Thanks and I definitely will!
Yep, congrats man!
And hopefully there is a little weight lifted(your wife), it IS your anniversary...lol
Yep and a little weight is right. LOL Tiny little thing. Still put together though.
Awesome! Congratulations! Have a great time!
Will do and thanks!
As it should be!! Congratulations! Enjoy yourself!! That sounds like it will be an amazing time!
Absolutely!

Okay so lets have a little fun here and talk about the silliness I just did in the garage. I was going to do legs but realized I needed desperately to do some bike or stairmill before doing that and get blood in my knees so that is saved for tomorrow morning. I decided to do a chest shoulder and mild triceps workout then hit some back and legs tomorrow. I pretty much just lifted until I started failing miserably. As in had to roll the bar down my chest and abdomen to get it off of me while benching. LOL

Decline bench - 135x15, 185x15, 225x15, 225x15, 225x12, 225x10, 225x7

Flat Bench - 225x6, 185x12, 185x9, 185x6 and then had to roll the bar down my chest and stomach and sit up and put it on the floor

45 degree Incline Bench 135x15, 135x13, 135x9, 135x7 lean forwad drop bar to knees stand up and put bar on floor.

70 degree incline bench, 135x5, 95x12, 95x9, 95x5 barely got into the rack...

Seated Shoulder Press 95x12, 95x12, 95x7, 95x3

Standing Ultra Wide Shoulder Press 3 sets of 95x failure somewhere around 12, 8 & 7

Standing Behind Neck Shoulder Press - 95 x failure, 95 x failure, 65 x failure, 65 x failure, 65 x failure

Up & Overs 65 x failure, 65 x failure about 10 & 6 reps

EZ Curl Bar Wide grip upright rows holding the weights not the bar Neutral grip - 75 x failure - 4 sets ranging from 25 reps down to about 9

Bent Over EZ Curl Bar Wide grip upright rows holding the weights not the bar Neutral grip - 65x 2 sets of failure

DB Lateral Raises 20 lbs 3 sets to failure

Bent Over DB Swings 1 set to failure about 40 reps

Diamond Push Ups 3 sets to failure 18, 16, 11

So yeah that was fun!!!!!!

Results PUMPED UP!!!!!
Pump 12-9-14.jpg

The post workout gains White Chicken Chili!!!! 3 lbs boiled chicken breast, 2 cans great northern beans, 1.5 cups picante, 3/4 cup 2% pepper jack cheese and all YUM!!!!!!!!

White chicken Chili YUM.jpg

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Sweetness! Way to kill it AND refuel!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweetness! Way to kill it AND refuel!
Thanks I keep looking at the big gap between where my rear delts is sticking out and my triceps as hanging like a ham off the side of my arm. Looks almost like something is missing it is so pronounced. Yeah buddy!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy smoke!! You were on a mission!!!!! You look awesome!! Oh, and that chili looks amazing too!!

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Thanks I keep looking at the big gap between where my rear delts is sticking out and my triceps as hanging like a ham off the side of my arm. Looks almost like something is missing it is so pronounced. Yeah buddy!
That is looking pretty sweet! Keep up the Gainz!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Lookin' swole old man! Chili looks pretty sexy too.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lil Jelly about that Chili!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lookin' swole old man! Chili looks pretty sexy too.
Lil Jelly about that Chili!!!
It is so good and so easy to make literally what I wrote above about it is the deal boil the 2-3 lbs of chicken breast for an hour with some lemon pepper pour broth aside, shred the chicken I used a metal potato masher... add 2-3 cans of great northern beans or pintos... 1-2 cups of picante to flavor, I used medium but use hot when it is just for me. :) add a 1/2 - 1 cup of 2% pepperjack cheese or less just do it to your taste and or desired macros put some of the broth back in until you get the desired consistency and simmer for another 20-30 minutes. DOne!!! Super high protein moderate to low carb with lots of fiber. If you want to get more carbs put it over some white or brown rice and YUM!!!!!

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Looks good to me man! That's one heck of a workout! Be careful not to flex after that, that's when I get a big muscle cramp!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man gotta try that chilli :)

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking swole big man!!

Just celebrated 19 years with my wife yesterday. Over the weekend we hit up the Melting Pot and then you know;) She is still hot as a firecracker all these years and knows how to light my wick!!

Have a good time and enjoy the rest of the year being a normal person and not worrying about macros:)

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Looking swole big man!! Just celebrated 19 years with my wife yesterday. Over the weekend we hit up the Melting Pot and then you know;) She is still hot as a firecracker all these years and knows how to light my wick!! Have a good time and enjoy the rest of the year being a normal person and not worrying about macros:)
Congrats to you too, Big Red! My wife loves melting pot too, we've been married 15 years.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks good to me man! That's one heck of a workout! Be careful not to flex after that, that's when I get a big muscle cramp!
Yeah even my biceps were pumped from stabilizing durring all of that pressing.
Man gotta try that chilli :)
Yes you do!
Looking swole big man!!

Just celebrated 19 years with my wife yesterday. Over the weekend we hit up the Melting Pot and then you know;) She is still hot as a firecracker all these years and knows how to light my wick!!

Have a good time and enjoy the rest of the year being a normal person and not worrying about macros:)
Amen to that! Congratulations also! Don't get me wrong I still tend to watch my eating to a degree but if going to eat for enjoyment I am not going to apologize either.
Congrats to you too, Big Red! My wife loves melting pot too, we've been married 15 years.
This is the place we will be staying a nice quaint little B&B festive and reflective of the San Antonio style. Has a covered outside patio and also an outside fireplace for a romantic evening.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2540198?checkin=12/16/2014&checkout=12/18/2014&s=n_yD

Will be hitting the gym later today, or going into the garage again tonight. If I do I will probably start my work with some jump rope then Squat Deads in my hex bar to warm up the knees before going deep. Also I don't want my legs and hip to be toast for the weekend lots of walking and hopefully lots of other hip involved activity. LOL

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing worse then cramping up right in the middle of fun time..lol

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on your 12 year anniversary.

Enjoy bro...you deserve some fun things after this past year full of ****.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay just finished up in the garage did things a little backwards and it definitely effected the weights I lifted but it was a damn good leg workout.

Hex Bar Squat Deads first 2 sets was all 25s on the bar to get nice and deep and warm up my knees - 145x15, 195x15, 235x12, 325x10, 375x8, 375x5, 375x5 - a squat dead is done with a more upright back and more legs than a deadlift. The weight is more evenly distributed for legs because the grip is a neutral grip. My bar does not have raised handles so these last several sets were right about parallel and the first few were below.

Front Squats - 135x12, 185x12, 225x10. 245x8, 245x6 - wow I was really thinking the squat deads prior to these was a bad idea towards the end....

High Bar Back Squats 245x12, 275x8, 275x5, 275x5 - Man going from fronts to these after the dead squats I could really feel my lower back was weaker and quads at a definite disadvantage. I can typically rep out nicely with 275 on high bar squats.

Low Bar Back Squats - 275x8, 325x8, 345x5, 365x5, 375x3 + 7 X Reps - talk about some work and pretty humbling weight here too but the progression from weakest to strongest squats had taken a toll!

4 sets sissy squats to failure I was flexing between the first two sets and 45 second DC quad stretches immediately following the last two. Also the last two sets I went beyond failure by pulling my body weight up and lowering as a negative.

Limped back into house with the grace of Frankenstein.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Sweet workout Chris! 245 on fronts after doing the squat deads is friggin beast'n dude. Not sure how you worked in low and high bar squats after that. A few pain killers is what I'd need because that workout had to be painful!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet workout Chris! 245 on fronts after doing the squat deads is friggin beast'n dude. Not sure how you worked in low and high bar squats after that. A few pain killers is what I'd need because that workout had to be painful!
I really don't know either just would say this is the last set then do another one... The was not happy with 275 on high bar squats so wanted more weight on my back and went for low bar. I am definitely gonna feel it tomorrow. Hopefully not too much Saturday or Sunday though! You know how that determination just kicks in and your brain says maybe we stop now and the Alpha Male says but WHY STOP????

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Wow! My MI40 quads/calves tonight was not near as brutal as yours and my legs are quivering right now! Your a beast!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Hey Kleen and all the other guys I have a question for you.

Where is a good place (and decently priced) to get help with a contest prep plan?

Looking to get on track for my wedding and I want to be at roughly 7%.

I could make the plan and all but damn it's a lot of work and time and I honestly need a little help.

PS sorry to hijack your log, I just know you have a lot of great advice.

Just looking for someone to help show me the ropes rather than continuing to teach myself everything. It's getting close to crunch time. Lol.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Hey Kleen and all the other guys I have a question for you. Where is a good place (and decently priced) to get help with a contest prep plan? Looking to get on track for my wedding and I want to be at roughly 7%. I could make the plan and all but damn it's a lot of work and time and I honestly need a little help. PS sorry to hijack your log, I just know you have a lot of great advice. Just looking for someone to help show me the ropes rather than continuing to teach myself everything. It's getting close to crunch time. Lol.
Bossbody.net man. 250 for four months if you sign up now. Tell him Kleen and I sent you. If you haven't seen my log I suggest you find it to see progress pics.

Kleen. I'm jealous of those front squats. 185 felt like. Metric ton today. Not used to two leg days.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Bossbody.net man. 250 for four months if you sign up now. Tell him Kleen and I sent you. If you haven't seen my log I suggest you find it to see progress pics.
Thanks man! I'll go check it out!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah check out BossBody.net Matt will take good care of your diet & training for sure!.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Yeah check out BossBody.net Matt will take good care of your diet & training for sure!.
**** yah. That's what I like to hear!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
**** yah. That's what I like to hear!
Dude I've dropped probably Id guess around 7% bf since starting with him... He knows his stuff. And I get cheat meals.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Dude I've dropped probably Id guess around 7% bf since starting with him... He knows his stuff. And I get cheat meals.
Damn! How long have you been on his plan?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
superbeast looks better than I have seen him ever. Tagger This is when I was working with Matt a while back I was looking like this before hurting my back. I have not went that deep into dieting again I have gotten close but this was about the time my hard luck came crashing down and the last year has been rough since.

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes 8-15-13.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This was my leanest... I did this one myself... :) Just to show off a proudest physique picture... This was all natural no PH's or anything. I did a cycle of test about 18 years prior to this but that was long gone... I now often wonder why I ever started PH's....

View attachment 111216

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Matts a great guy

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just killed back!
7 sets close grip lat pulls up to 25th
5 sets stretchers 150-170 ×12
Wide grip.lat pulls 5 sets up to 205x 8
1 set top end partials 25th
DB rows 90x 12, 95 x10 95x8, 110x7
H'S wide grip rows 65 per side x 15, x 15, x12, 2 sets x failure with x reps and 30 second stretch
HS Close neutral grip rows 65 x failure with 30 second stretch x 4 sets
Rear delts destroyer set.

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
late but subbed

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That was a monster leg workout man. Respect!
Thanks Brother! It kicked my ass! Only 1/3 serving of Stimul8 fueled it too! Love that stuff and one I can still take without messing with the kidneys.
late but subbed
Hey brother glad you are here!
Yah I could almost feel that one a lot of heavy sets.
Yeah, I am still feeling that one!!! I am in DOMS city right about now. I fully expect the thrashing I gave my back yesterday to give me a bit of pain. Was nice to do some heavier work. 110 on DB rows after all those sets of pull downs was nice.