KLEEN Cut's back on the supplements but not the progress!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Certification tests are really tricky so go in well prepared. I thought I knew the stuff backwards on some of my tests for IT and I only passed on first round on one of them out of 3. That was the last one and I made sure I knew everything cold. What happens is the answers in the multiple choice will all be very close to the the truth and there will be 2 right answers or even 3 and you will be expected to know all of them.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Certification tests are really tricky so go in well prepared. I thought I knew the stuff backwards on some of my tests for IT and I only passed on first round on one of them out of 3. That was the last one and I made sure I knew everything cold. What happens is the answers in the multiple choice will all be very close to the the truth and there will be 2 right answers or even 3 and you will be expected to know all of them.
My PTA state boards are the same way. 4 multiple choice. 1 wrong. 1 possible. 2 right, but you have to pick the best one of the 2. Explains why I haven't passed yet! :(

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My PTA state boards are the same way. 4 multiple choice. 1 wrong. 1 possible. 2 right, but you have to pick the best one of the 2. Explains why I haven't passed yet! :(
It's harder than it sounds, the way they word things makes it tough and I think they like the idea of having you pay for another test... I could be wrong but .. I don't think I am.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck Kleen!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
It's harder than it sounds, the way they word things makes it tough and I think they like the idea of having you pay for another test... I could be wrong but .. I don't think I am.

I've taken it a few times, and from the first time I took it, to the last, there was a 50% passing rate. And even the ones who passed were borderline. 600 points to pass and we would average 580-620, out of 800 points :(

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good luck Kleen!! you got this

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well.....I saw it on FB---I think we need the great news here too!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats! Kleen!

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Way to go, Kleen!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sooooo proud of you! Congrats!

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
NOICE!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone! It is true I passed it and i feel like I probably did very well on it but they will never give me a score. I already asked.

On top of that I have already lost over 6 lbs since getting myself back together about 2 weeks ago. I did some form of workout 6 days last week. I crushed legs for the first time this year on Saturday with this workout.

Leg Press 6 work sets 480x20 reps 2 sets normal footing 2 sets high and wide and two sets with feet low on platform and together.

3 work sets High Bar squats 135x15, 225x10,275x10
3 work sets Low Bar Squats 315x x 3 sets

Lying Leg Curls 3 sets of 12
Leg Extensions 3 sets of 12

I have already started this week of with some fun outside HIIT.

Walked a mile to where I do the run hill sprints then did about 8 50 yard hill sprints and about 4 80-100 yard sprints last 40 yards was up the hill. My lungs were about to pop. I only took enough time to walk back down to where I I was going to run from and took off again. After that i laid on a decline and did 4 sets of abs. Then walked 1.25 miles back on the hilly side of the trail to burn some more calories.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woohoo!!!!! Awesome job!!!! :D

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn, Kleen - sounds like you're ridin' around and gettin' it (as we say in the Lou) :smoker:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes Sir I am giving it hell for certain. Just got back a little bit ago from walking hills just a little LISS. Tonight I plan to lift in the garage and do 1 minute of calisthenics in between my sets instead of actual resting should be a fun workout.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heck yeah! Kleen's back and kicking butt!!!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Congrats man!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Chris good to see you back at it.. I started Pro level M140 ... it's kicking my fuggin ass. One day at a time with this one.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Awesome job on passing and on those workouts!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys!

So last night was a good night. A little bit of push action, still breaking in the body here but definitely burned some calories with my calisthenics in between sets.

Bench x 5 sets from 15 down to 10 reps
Incline x 3 sets 10 reps

Behind the neck Military Press 4x15
Side Laterals 3x35

Close grip Bench 4x10
EZ Bar OH Triceps Ext 3x15

Front Squats 3 sets 15-10 reps
Back Squats 4 sets x 8-10 reps

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol if this is breaking in it's gonna get good when it's broken!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well guys, my sinus surgery was a success! I got my okay to work out again so I am pretty excited about that. I have still been keeping a good grip on diet. I am down around 214 as of my last check in so about 10 lbs down from where I was 2-3 weeks ago. I didn't count calories or anything I just paid attention to my intake, and resorted to IF style eating so my morning fasts could break into my fat stores.

Next week starts a full on fitness focus period. I am not calling it a cut, but just more focusing on getting in good shape quickly. So expect 3-4 lifts per week mixed in with 2-4 conditioning workouts per week. Diet will be between 2000-2400 per day depending on the day and activities with an occasional high calorie day or two here and there. High days will be between 2600-3000 calories depending on how I am progressing.

I am looking at something along these lines as base line ranges to work my adjustments from. The good thing about these set ups is mostly just adding in the carbs. I can be pretty consistent with everything else since the same macros daily. Just more or less adding in the carbs and adjusting the other macro sources for any of the extra stuff in the carb sources.

High day - 1 maybe 2 times per week
Protein 180 = 720 cals
Fats 75 = 675 cals
Carbs 300-400 = 1200-1600 cals
2595 - 2995 calories

Typical lift day - 2-3 times per week
Protein 180 = 720 cals
Fats 75 = 675 cals
Carbs 250

Conditioning days 2-3 times per week
Protein 180 = 720 cals
Fats 75 = 675 cals
Carbs 150 = 600 cals

Anyway got a relatively simple nutrition plan here that should work well and keep the fat coming off at a decent pace while allowing some muscle memory to still do it's thing. I am really only focusing on getting in shape quickly, that means functionally and composition wise. I have my cert now and before i go apply at the local gym I want to be at what I consider good enough shape to instill confidence in possible clients. I don't have to have ripped abs but my stomach should not stick out farther than my pecs do.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear the procedure went well and you are able to get back at it Chris! Plan looks good man.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You always put together a solid plan!!...so glad everything went well and you're free to get back to everything! Congrats on loosing 10lbs already too!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yay! Excited to see how this all goes down!!!!! I know you'll kick a**!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear you're ready to boogie again! Excited to watch the man in action - your diets always inspire. You keep your eyes on a realistic prize and make it happen. That's a lot harder than it sounds on paper.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to know everything went ok!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear the procedure went well and you are able to get back at it Chris! Plan looks good man.
Thanks Simon!
You always put together a solid plan!!...so glad everything went well and you're free to get back to everything! Congrats on loosing 10lbs already too!!
Thanks Kat!
Yay! Excited to see how this all goes down!!!!! I know you'll kick a**!!!
Thanks Puccah!
Glad to hear you're ready to boogie again! Excited to watch the man in action - your diets always inspire. You keep your eyes on a realistic prize and make it happen. That's a lot harder than it sounds on paper.
Thanks and yes no doubt much harder than it is on paper!
Good to know everything went ok!
Thanks Brother!

Yesterday was a good day, little cardio at home and kept my diet on the money. Tonight will be a lift night, more than likely gonna lift at the gym instead of in my garage. We shall see though.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Damn I fell behind in here too. Glad the surgery went well and your ready to hit the weights again.

turff49

turff49

Awards
New and improved Mr Kleen Mr Kleen! Lol
Glad to have you back Chris

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn I fell behind in here too. Glad the surgery went well and your ready to hit the weights again.
Well I hadn't been too active recently anyway so haven't missed too much.
New and improved Mr Kleen Mr Kleen! Lol
Glad to have you back Chris
Thanks!

So had a few good workouts did some full body stuff and also did a workout with my new Stroops Son of a Beast Elastic Battle & Resistance ropes. Check em out they are bad ass! The ones I got have 105lbs of resistance each. Makes for a hell of a workout. Oh yeah I also got the pulling belt so I can do sprints and pulls against them as well.

[video=youtube_share;9CClYQtD2vE]http://youtu.be/9CClYQtD2vE[/video]

Have had a crazy week so far dealing with things at home. So I haven't written out my actual workout plans yet. I am pretty excited I spent the day yesterday at an NPE seminar for building o fitness based business. That was enlightening and has given me some direction in what I need to do for right now then I will probably buy their system later on to really get the business to grow. Still studying the Precision Nutrition Certification stuff. I plan to have that done by July. Preferably sooner. So things are looking up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things are getting back to normal :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woohoo!!!!! Awesome!!! I'm super excited for you!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a nice full body workout yesterday and everything is pleasantly sore. Pretty happy about that. I will probably not get to work out the rest of the weekend heading to Austin to see my nieces, one is in a basketball tourney and the other is going to be playing her first soccer game. Will be a busy weekend for me. I may take my "Son of the Beast" ropes up there and TRY to get something in. However things will be so busy if I can't I am not going to be upset about it.

As of Monday my plan is to make sure I get up and workout Monday - Friday whether lifting or not. For a while I would neglect any conditioning or athletic type drills, or sessions like I used to do. Fear of injuring myself as I got tighter and less mobile had me shying away from these types of things. The truth of the matter is that the lack of doing any of that was what was causing me to get tighter and less mobile. Making me far more prone to injury. The more I got injured the more over cautious I became. That only resulted in a repetitive cycle of injury and down time followed by being even more cautious and led to completely uninspired training. Being uninspired in the gym obviously led to less passion and no drive to get into the gym. I could muster motivation for short periods but inevitably would get injured repeating the cycle. Add that to the chaos that has been my life the last 2 years and it just gradually wore the passion away even though I have continued to have an extreme desire to regain my old passion and conditioning level.

I also find I need more structure than most due to my ADHD. So not having a set schedule that I held myself accountable to was allowing me to skip sessions guilt free. When everything is a maybe then there is no sense of disappointment or failure if it doesn't come to fruition. I am not saying I need a completely structured workout at all times, I am definitely fully capable and knowledgeable enough to train instinctively however I must commit myself to doing some sort of workout activity Monday - Friday regardless of if I feel like it unless I am sick or TRULY in deep need of recovery.

I am breaking the cycle damn it!

Starting Monday I would appreciate if some of you might help me with accountability while I am retraining the habit of going to the gym in the mornings. If any of you notice I am not posting that I worked out in the morning during the week days politely call me out on it. Remind me I need to remain consistent with my morning workouts so I can achieve my goals.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Starting Monday I would appreciate if some of you might help me with accountability while I am retraining the habit of going to the gym in the mornings. If any of you notice I am not posting that I worked out in the morning during the week days politely call me out on it. Remind me I need to remain consistent with my morning workouts so I can achieve my goals.
You got it brother...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Simon! You rock!!!!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Simon! You rock!!!!
....nah just will do my part brother. Thanks by the way, for the tip on Mi40x.. just did the last workout of the 'Graduate' program... that run was just silly, the 2 a days this week damn near killed me!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're always there for us! Of course we will do that for you!!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Give me your phone #. I'll get you up like the Drill Sargent use to do! Maggot! lol

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I've gotta figure something out for my self here soon

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super excited for you! I want to be held accountable with you!!!! I'll wake you up in the am! :D

I need to be more consistent with my logging as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a nice full body workout yesterday and everything is pleasantly sore. Pretty happy about that. I will probably not get to work out the rest of the weekend heading to Austin to see my nieces, one is in a basketball tourney and the other is going to be playing her first soccer game. Will be a busy weekend for me. I may take my "Son of the Beast" ropes up there and TRY to get something in. However things will be so busy if I can't I am not going to be upset about it.

As of Monday my plan is to make sure I get up and workout Monday - Friday whether lifting or not. For a while I would neglect any conditioning or athletic type drills, or sessions like I used to do. Fear of injuring myself as I got tighter and less mobile had me shying away from these types of things. The truth of the matter is that the lack of doing any of that was what was causing me to get tighter and less mobile. Making me far more prone to injury. The more I got injured the more over cautious I became. That only resulted in a repetitive cycle of injury and down time followed by being even more cautious and led to completely uninspired training. Being uninspired in the gym obviously led to less passion and no drive to get into the gym. I could muster motivation for short periods but inevitably would get injured repeating the cycle. Add that to the chaos that has been my life the last 2 years and it just gradually wore the passion away even though I have continued to have an extreme desire to regain my old passion and conditioning level.

I also find I need more structure than most due to my ADHD. So not having a set schedule that I held myself accountable to was allowing me to skip sessions guilt free. When everything is a maybe then there is no sense of disappointment or failure if it doesn't come to fruition. I am not saying I need a completely structured workout at all times, I am definitely fully capable and knowledgeable enough to train instinctively however I must commit myself to doing some sort of workout activity Monday - Friday regardless of if I feel like it unless I am sick or TRULY in deep need of recovery.

I am breaking the cycle damn it!

politely ok ... :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
....that should apply to me and my diet.. But tonight is all you can eat Sushi so...
sushi isn't a cheat food in my eyes. It's rice, lean protein, and often fibrous veggies and healthy fats (avocado, cream cheese or deepfried not so much). Easy on the soy sauce and I don't see how it can hold someone back (unless they're on keto or something lol)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sushi isn't a cheat food in my eyes. It's rice, lean protein, and often fibrous veggies and healthy fats (avocado, cream cheese or deepfried not so much). Easy on the soy sauce and I don't see how it can hold someone back (unless they're on keto or something lol)
I try not to partake in the deep fried stuff (although I do love tempura sweet potato). I do use soy but opt for the lower sodium if it is any consolation... Wasabi's gotta be good for some internal burning though!