MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great workout! You ought to take a trip to Home Depot and get a bag or two of pebble gravel and tape around it to get a nice 40-50lb sandbag for lifting and carrying. I think a bag is like $4-5. You could also grab a 5 gallon bucket and drop 2 of them in the bucket for carries and stuff.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great workout! You ought to take a trip to Home Depot and get a bag or two of pebble gravel and tape around it to get a nice 40-50lb sandbag for lifting and carrying. I think a bag is like $4-5. You could also grab a 5 gallon bucket and drop 2 of them in the bucket for carries and stuff.
If I remember correctly her husband is in the home building business, Grab a few "Free" buckets from some of the dry wall folk, very easy to clean up !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great set up, Kat! I was thinking of doing the same and maybe go walking after work.
You should!! Once you get your mind right, you feel so much better afterwards!

Kat, You are a warrior !!
Thank you!
Great idea!! The little weights are definitely more for endurance- although I have felt a good burn and I am actually pretty sore from the change.

If I remember correctly her husband is in the home building business, Grab a few "Free" buckets from some of the dry wall folk, very easy to clean up !!
Yes he is! That’s a great idea!!

Today’s workout was focused on 20 mins of yoga-strength and stretching, 25 mins of circuit similar to yesterday’s with more core focus...and finished with about 2 miles of intervals around a local football field with my son. My stupid plantar fasciitis is hating this running and jumping mess! 🤦🏼‍♀️

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work, roll the bottom of those feet out!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My momma made me some masks! 🥰🥳

Adjustments.JPG

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoying this beautiful weather(allergies and all! )
Adjustments.JPG

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Easter everyone!! He’s ALIVE!
IMG_9046.JPG

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys and gals! Just dropping in here to give a small update. I’ve been around the site posting- just not in here. Haha

Getting the hang of this training from home. Actually used Beachbody! Can you believe it?! Haha My sis-n-law is working from our house a few days a week and she’s letting me use it while she’s here. I did some aerobics with her(well tried) I am probably one of the most uncoordinated people in the world. So we have had some good laughs at my inability to move my hands during many of the movements. After we finish aerobics, I do my own weight training workouts. One of my neighbors had a set of bowflex dumbbells(the adjustable kind) he wasn’t using- so he loaned them to me!!! Super excited! They are up to 50lbs each so I finally feel like I’m working my muscles instead of just building endurance! I need both so I don’t feel the other is a waste- just not as much fun! I have also been like @Studhorse doing a ton of manual labor around the house. Just make my own projects and I am actually enjoying my time at home! I am also running/walking 2 miles at least 3x’s a week. Nutrition, most days is good but I have had some days that I have gotten into the junk food unfortunately. Hormones make denying them even harder some weeks. So overall, I feel like I’m progressing in small amounts at least.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat, glad you are making good use of your time and feel like your workouts are productive !!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just dropped by for nudes......not seeing any..... I'm out.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kinda disappointed. Not seeing any in @FireTitan 's log either. 😢
For some reason, this makes me feel like @justhere4comm . 🤔

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha it has been a while! Maybe I’ll post some soon! Always good to see you drop by!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back to work...not too shabby for a first day back(and an inside job at that!)
Adjustments.JPG

I’ve been staying steady with at home workouts and running/walking. I have been having to titrate down on my desiccated thyroid medicine that I’ve been taking for years because it’s no longer available. I plan to get into a new endocrinologist in hopes to get on an actual Rx to treat my hypothyroid...but for now, I am definitely noticing the dose change. I also will be having a hysterectomy next Wednesday. So between those two things and the whole quarantine, I have my work cut out for me progress wise! Lol

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anyone can stay beastly after that, it's you. You got this! Hopefully you can get a Dr. to give you a good Rx!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If anyone can stay beastly after that, it's you. You got this! Hopefully you can get a Dr. to give you a good Rx!
Thank you @lukehayd

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back to work...not too shabby for a first day back(and an inside job at that!) View attachment 193886

I’ve been staying steady with at home workouts and running/walking. I have been having to titrate down on my desiccated thyroid medicine that I’ve been taking for years because it’s no longer available. I plan to get into a new endocrinologist in hopes to get on an actual Rx to treat my hypothyroid...but for now, I am definitely noticing the dose change. I also will be having a hysterectomy next Wednesday. So between those two things and the whole quarantine, I have my work cut out for me progress wise! Lol
We’re with you today, Kat!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sooo... since law school is done... I got a tattoo. Well, a few. But here is my new one.

Adjustments.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How is the training going @puccah8808 ?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to here you are doing well Kat !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you @Rocket3015

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is the training going @puccah8808 ?
Ah, lol, it doesn’t exist, Rocket. I was consumed with school then Covid happened and the gyms are closed. Muscles are all gone. 🤬

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ah, lol, it doesn’t exist, Rocket. I was consumed with school then Covid happened and the gyms are closed. Muscles are all gone. 🤬
If you choose to start training again you will be amazed at how quickly they return - Muscle Memory !!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you choose to start training again you will be amazed at how quickly they return - Muscle Memory !!
Yes, with all this free time, I’m ready to get under the bars again.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hello, hello, hello....is there anybody in there?

Just wanted to give an update!
Almost fully recovered. Should be released for light exercise next Thursday...then good to start lifting by July 1st. (So hard to not lift anything over 10 lbs) tbh I haven’t stuck to that rule very well

Found a new GP and had a full blood work up done. She started me on levothyroxine! Finally, after 7-8 years of dealing with hashimotos/hypothyroidism and no treatment! I will also be starting bio identical hormone replacement therapy pellets tomorrow! So many prayers answered!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing some progress this year!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hope the new Dr. got you on the right path and everything gets better!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hope the new Dr. got you on the right path and everything gets better!
Thank you!! How have you been? Business and family ok with all of the Covid mess?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you!! How have you been? Business and family ok with all of the Covid mess?
Family is Great, we watched the Grand Kids last weekend so my daughter and her husband could have a little alone time for their 22 wedding university, Covid hit the business pretty hard but we will recover by the end of the year (I hope). I hope things are all well with your family! Life is Good !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Family is Great, we watched the Grand Kids last weekend so my daughter and her husband could have a little alone time for their 22 wedding university, Covid hit the business pretty hard but we will recover by the end of the year (I hope). I hope things are all well with your family! Life is Good !
How sweet!!! I’m sure they were very grateful for that! I was afraid your business got hit fairly hard!! Sure hope things are smooth sailing for the rest of the year! It hit so many personal businesses! It’s devastating! Everything is good here! Thankfully I was able to get unemployment while we were closed down and my boss covered our health insurance! Hubby was considered essential so he was employed thankfully! God always provides!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SALE IS NOW LIVE!!![/U][/B]
use code AMCBD for 30% off everything on site
plus a free amino for all orders that contain a CBD.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s been an incredible first week back in the gym! Although I completely forgot how bad the initial soreness is- I am so happy to be feeling it!! I have had to have a little assistance getting undressed but hubby is definitely not complaining! I am starting off fairly light(in the 12-15 rep range) and lower overall volume. About 30 mins of lifting total & 15 mins of walking each day. I’m not able to do jumping/running type movements just yet so I will start incorporating that in a few weeks to increase the intensity. Work went surprisingly well also! I did not get near as overly fatigued as I thought I would!

Current macros are 150 protein, 100 carbs, and 40 fat. Total calories 1360

Adjustments.JPG

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't imagine that your hubby would want to help you undress. 😜 I try to help my wife and she gets upset with me and says things like: "Stop it, I'm cooking supper!" or "Hey, I'm trying to do laundry here!" or "Really? While I'm trying to vacuum?!" She just doesn't appreciate that I'm trying to help. Lol!

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't imagine that your hubby would want to help you undress. I try to help my wife and she gets upset with me and says things like: "Stop it, I'm cooking supper!" or "Hey, I'm trying to do laundry here!" or "Really? While I'm trying to vacuum?!" She just doesn't appreciate that I'm trying to help. Lol!
Haha yeah those times we aren’t always as grateful!

My wife was bent over the frezzer the other day so I quickly pulled down her panties, now we can't co back to Walmart !!
Rofl that made me laugh!!! 🤣

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Week 2 update -Muscle memory is a wonderful thing!
Strength is coming back amazingly fast! I’m sure the low dose test is helping with that...along with my libido is through the roof! Only down side is weight is not dropping. It’s actually up about 1 lb. I’m telling myself is the glycogen filling my muscles back out. There’s no way it’s fat. Nutrition has been on point. Each workout has been great. Slowly increasing intensity by adding in more supersets and increasing weights/lowering rep ranges. I am also starting to add more compound movements as well. I plan to add squats next week. Cardio was 5 x’s @ 15 mins this week with lifting being 45 mins.

Embracing my curves today- I was told thickness in the right places is what matters...right?!
Adjustments.JPG

Ps they have locked all of the rooms so I feel like all of my pics look the same! Haha

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Muscle memory is indeed a good thing but thick in the right places is definitely a good thing too! 🤤😏

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Muscle memory is indeed a good thing but thick in the right places is definitely a good thing too! 🤤😏
I could not have said it better. Kat keep doing what you are doing, it's working !!