Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VERY good plug buddy... I am going to post this on our site too...

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Training alone

Bench
135x10x10
225x10
225x32

Foam board Press
315x5
405x3x3x3

Rolling BB tricep Ext
125x10
145x10
165x5

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Decided to skip any band work this week and do straight weight on my deads.

Abs are still fried from starting doing the standing wheel o death again.

kettlebell warmup streches

Deadlift
45x5
145-5,5
255-5
365-5
475-3
add briefs and a belt
585-3
678-1
716-1,2,3

DB Rows
130-16
160-16

skipped pullups since it has been tweaking my left elbow.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY
Squat
55x10x10
155x5x5
265x5
355x5
445x3
Add briefs
555x3
Add belt
645x3
700x3
730- 1, 5
Lost balance on second rep of first set…crushed it on second set.

Glute-Ham raise
Bwx16
#3band 16,16,12

WEDNESDAY
Bench
45x10
135x10
225x10
225x30
Add Karin’s denim shirt (bought used early this year and never tried) Couldn’t touch on anything
405x2
495x2
545x1
595x1
650x1
Switch to Katana and touched
595x1

Been having issues when I wear shirts this last year…I’m sure you notice the very infrequent use lately. Anyway I seem to have some damage to my ribcage on my left side and it aggravates it. Afterwards I get some crackly/poppy stuff going on on the following days when I press on it. Deep breaths that expand the rib cage hurt…ect. No fun. Anyway guess I’ll be going blind into this next meet as I’m not going to put one on till meet day now.

FRIDAY
Out of town for turkey day so a little commercial gym fun.
Day after thanksgiving…burn off a little turkey and to much wine.
Romanian Deadlifts
45x5
135x10
225x8
315x6
405x6
495x6
Add belt
545x6
585x6
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CgurPlgDYU"]YouTube- VID 00044.3GP[/ame]

DB Rows
120x16
150x16

TBar rows
Weight stacked to end -8,8,8
Band Pull aparts 8,8,8

Wandered around gym trying to find place to do pull thrus or some sort of back hyper with no luck. Found both but weight stacks were so ridiculously low it would have been more like running a marathon.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So which did you like more; the rack in the video (commercial) or the Super-Lift?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA Happy T-day Chris!!!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Went in for a late morning session before sitting down to get a bunch of work done today. Had to finish up Wednesdays Bench day.

DB Military
50x16
70x12
90x8
100x8

DB Military with Bands
Band+50 - 8,8,8

Lying BB tricep Extensions
90x12
120x8
140x8
170x8

DB Curls
50x12
75x8
90-8,8
75x8

DB Side Delt Raises
35x12
45x12

Tricpe Pressdowns
Stack -8,8,8

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of posting guys. Been CRAZY busy. Which has killed my training lately. All i have had time for is the core lifts and that is it...really looking forward to nailing it hard after the first of the year once things settle down a little.

In the last few weeks I did.
Squat 725x5 in Briefs...last 2 were high
Squat 875x1 in gear...cleanest 875 i've done to date
Squat 930x1 in gear...cut it high

Bench
up to 650 and nothing touching with 5 different shirts...WTF!!!
Standard BLAST shirt 455x1, 495x1, 525x0 just missing lock

Deadlift
haven't up to today
700x1 in Briefs...flew up and felt like a light opener
Put on the suit and just couldn't get into the bar like I need to with my technique.

I'm a fat ass not a skinny kit anymore I think.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Kabuki are you speaking of the one in December? If so, I heard it was the 20th--could be wrong, just don't want you to show up on the wrong day haha.
Yes the one on the 20th. I was wrong on the date.

I think since I am at one of the worst points in my training and conditioning in awhile not to mention the stress and workload...i'm going to take this meet easy.

Target is 2000+ with just Briefs for squat and Dead, and a standard Blast shirt for Bench.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Another group that trains at the IronHorsemen Gym dropped by for their sunday afternoon squat session. They were doing multiple sets of 10-12 reps with 465. I just joined in for a half hour to work up to my Squat opener for the meet.

Singlet, wraps, and my loose briefs
155x5
245x3
355x3
465x3
575x1
700x1

Felt like a freakin warmup set but I'm not going to push it. This ones for fun. Solid depth, perfect form, and great explosion.

Tommorrow I do my bench opener with my Blast shirt...then off till the meet.

going to slip my briefs into the wash and see if I can shrink them down to something that fits a hair better.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Last workout before my Singlet, Briefs, and Blast shirt Meet.

worked up to 500lbs which felt like an easy opener.

However the shirt i used sounded like it was going to blow when i touched my chest. It held...but i don't know if I have another rep in it. I have two blast shirts from back in the day and I may be able to get a rep out of each of them before they blow at the meet. I'm going to give it a run, even though that means I will only get two bench attempts in at best.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Meet today.
Anyone following my log lately knows my current struggles with long work hours. Certainly the worst level of training on my part in years. With this in mind I decided not to take it serous, no weight cut, and just play around.
The couple days leading up to the meet were hell resolving some issues so long days with little in the way of sleep….which resulted in me getting sick on top of it. Then after packing the SUPERlift into the back of my truck it was a 10hr drive followed by setting it up at Supertraining gym.
Finally got some sleep that night but woke up in even worse condition from the cold I have. Was just real light headed and nearly bagged the meet when I felt like I was going to pass out during my warm-ups. But kept eating some carbs and Hit up some JACK3D and by the time I got my first couple attempts out I was at least OK.
On judging it was apparent I was judged a little more critically than the other lifters and I did appreciate that, as its something I need right now before doing some big meets this year.
Singlet, briefs and Knee wraps
Squat
700 miss for depth
727 good depth EASY
771 miss .5inch to high. Felt (and looked in video) like I could have repped it out. Should have just stuffed it for depth.

Bench – Using Inzer Blast Shirt
450 – cake
523 – miss downward movement with bar. Vid shows slight pause in lift but don’t see it…oh well.
523 – Flawless and EASY

Deadlift
700 – Silly
750 – EASY and FAST
804 – had it moving good but grip popped on me
I was trying out wearing wrist wraps on dead….think it was counterproductive as I’ve never lost my grip like I did on that 804 pull.

2000lb total even. Not to shabby for playing around and not gear whoreing it up. Have vids of full meet and will post sometime when I figure out new camcorder.

Had a beer with my brother I have not seen in 15 years and then drove to Tahoe to do some snowboarding. Back to training next week when I get back from vacation.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to add this video. First four are done. One is in Supertraining Gym in Sacramento CA, one is in Locals Gym in Lynwood WA, and the last two are going into Team IronHorsemen Gym in Portland OR.

Available exclusively at:
www.thepowermagazine.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQmtIA92sUE"]YouTube- SUPERlift Disassembly - NO tools Req[/ame]

The SUPERlift is simply the most Versatile lifting device available for serious strength athletes. Combines the functions of a Competition Bench press, Power Rack, Competition Monolift, and more into one device.

- Front & rear opening. Hooks face either direction and operates either direction.
- 8 ft range for Bar height adjustment
- Quick adjustment to ANY position in range with no pinning required
- Hooks can extend up to 4ft to provide headroom for Bench or low rack work
- Roller hooks for easy bar and hook positioning
- Line-X coating for durability against chain and plate abuse
- Permanent Band Hoops and tensioners
- High Band Hoops for band de-loaded work as well
- Plate storage rack on uprights
- NO TOOL breakdown and setup accomplished in minutes with a helper
- 6' wide base
- Adjustable stops for hook swing-out increasing setup applications
- 4”x4” square tube construction and double shear load bearing joints
Bench attachment comes with
- Proprietary PR™ maker pad
- Guarding includes Face Guards and Spot Stands

With the bar range, hook extensions, hook direction, swing-out, and hook width all being highly and quickly adjustable the applications that the SUPERlift can be used in are just barely being explored.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Squat
700 opener – Miss for Depth
727 Second
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT78o_VLzts"]YouTube- 727 Squat in Briefs[/ame]
771 Third – miss depth by .5inch
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYPMvlWNkK4"]YouTube- 771 squat attempt in briefs[/ame]

Bench in Blast shirt
450 opener
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAGVIA54H_c"]YouTube- 450 Opener Bench in Blast Shirt[/ame]
523 Second – miss for downward motion
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGBPExkjBtQ"]YouTube- 523 bench Miss in Blast[/ame]
523 Third
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzA3prTjyk"]YouTube- 523 in Blast Shirt[/ame]

Deadlift
700 Opener
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0sEzTcXnJc"]YouTube- 700 dead opener in Briefs[/ame]
750 Second
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy-bQkqlDnI"]YouTube- 750 Dead in briefs[/ame]
804 Third – Miss due to grip
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RpntT---2o"]YouTube- 804 dead attempt in Briefs[/ame]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Feels good to be back in gym

Squat in Briefs
155x5
265x5
355x5
495x5
585x5
675x5 paralell
675x3 couple inches below

GHR
bwx12
bands x 8,8,8

Romanian Deadlifts
445x8

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Took my 1 year old out to gym and set down. He ran over to deadlift platform and grabbed deadlift bar and tried to lift it. Teammembers noted his perfect form. SWEET!

Bench
135 x 5,5
225 x 5
315 x 5
add old singl ply phenom
455 x 3
495 x 5

rolling barbell ext
130 x 8
170 x 7
150 x 8

crazy bells
close grip with deadlift bar
135 + 130 in crazy weight x 6,7

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SATURDAY
Band Resisted Deadlift
in Briefs
warmup then
810x1

Bent over rows
405x6
315x12

Deadlift standing on Blocks
315x8

next 8 hours was moving all the weights, dumbells, racks, equipment, platforms, ect out and then back into the gym

SUNDAY

13 hours of more of the same as yesterday. Also included loading and moving thousands of lbs of weight, equipment, and dumbells a friend purchased to help him set up "Team IronHorsemen Westside" location.

Loading and moving my rock buggy into storage. Not easy moving and manuvering this beast on 47" tires and two steering axles into storage. agghhh.

MONDAY
I am sick! definetly worked myself to hard over the 4 day weekend. two long days of fabricating equipment and then 2 long days of moving heavy ****.

My Traps, lats, and forearms are also simply fried.

Time to Squat!
in briefs
155x5x5
265x5
355x5
465x5
555x3
665x1
700x5

Leg Press
warmups then
loaded to max x12
loaded to max +trainee x6

Glute-Ham Raise
#3 band resist x8x8x8

TUESDAY
now i'm really sick.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you have more pictures/videos of the beast???

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i've got to say this again, i can't for the life of me figure out how you can do the kind of reps you do with that amount of weight. keep it up big guy.

also, i know you work out with chains, but my issue on deads is from the ground to two inches off - any exercises you would recommend that would help? i mean i can rack dead the amount i dead for 2-3 more reps, its the coming off the ground part that kicks my butt. any advice appreciated.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Do you have more pictures/videos of the beast???
custom engineered unimog axles
4 wheel steering
45+deg of steering on each axle
18" coilovers on all 4 corners
mpfi ported and polished 383

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i've got to say this again, i can't for the life of me figure out how you can do the kind of reps you do with that amount of weight. keep it up big guy.

also, i know you work out with chains, but my issue on deads is from the ground to two inches off - any exercises you would recommend that would help? i mean i can rack dead the amount i dead for 2-3 more reps, its the coming off the ground part that kicks my butt. any advice appreciated.
sticking point isn't 2-3" off floor its the speed off the floor. not fast enough once it reaches that point. speed deadlifts or band resisted pulls with the bands mounted far apart giving tension right off the start.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
alrighty. will work on my speed. thanks for the info brotha.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established

you can try deadlifting off a 2-4inch platform, that helps with getting stronger off the ground. When i do them I use either a sturdy stepper or stack two 45s....

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i know there has been a lack of posting but my lifting is starting to get back on track, and the team is really growing like crazy...strength and overall team size.

Last weekends demo lift at a meet in seattle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAU9H3F2PaI"]YouTube- USP Labs Chris Duffin - Deadlift Progression[/ame]

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
kabuki dude props on your lifts but damn.. your not some fat ass powerlifter.. you look ****ing cut. For a PL your pretty damn cut espically with your weight being up there. Your strength is insane.. You dont look like a roided up freak or you dont go crazy about your diet it seems. meaning your not one of those that would keep grilled chicken in there pockets for snacks or freak if they had to order at taco bell if they forgot there lunch lol..... your what guys should look up too how to get it done the real way

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
kabuki dude props on your lifts but damn.. your not some fat ass powerlifter.. you look ****ing cut. For a PL your pretty damn cut espically with your weight being up there. Your strength is insane.. You dont look like a roided up freak or you dont go crazy about your diet it seems. meaning your not one of those that would keep grilled chicken in there pockets for snacks or freak if they had to order at taco bell if they forgot there lunch lol..... your what guys should look up too how to get it done the real way
thanks man. yeah the guys i train with always give me a hard time saying i'm getting ready for a BB show. I eat good quality food but other than that a fairly normal diet. I used to be that guy that with the grilled chicken in his pocket though :) got old after a few years.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SSB box squat (16" foam)
535+150chain x3
585+150chain xdump on floor
535+150chain x2

Leg Press
lot of weight by ,8,8

GHR
bwx12
#3band resist x12x12x12

gripper work

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
put the shirt on last week for some board work and it still tweaked out my chest so took it easy tonight to help with recovery.

Bench
225x29
add foam board
315x10
add board
405x5

DB floor Press
#4 band resited
100's x8x8x6

Rolling BB extensions
130x12
160x8

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
put the shirt on last week for some board work and it still tweaked out my chest so took it easy tonight to help with recovery.

Bench
225x29
add foam board
315x10
add board
405x5

DB floor Press
#4 band resited
100's x8x8x6

Rolling BB extensions
130x12
160x8
sorry for the ignorant question if it is lol.. but do u do the 225 foe 29 reps to pre exhaust?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
been out sick will be posting again.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
First real workout in 3 weeks. It kicked my ass, and it wasn’t even that great. But I’m ready for the next 8 weeks of training where I am going to hit it HARD!

Squat (approx 80lbs in band assistance at bottom)
Briefs 645x3
Suit straps down 735x3

Pause Squats(same setup)
Briefs No belt 555x5
3 count in the hole with no rest at top.

Leg Press
Weight x12

Glute-Ham
BWx12
#3 band x12
#3+#2 x8
#5 x0,0

Teammate got 3 reps…a crushing defeat! He was on fire last night.

Will finish my ab work today at work with some Wheel O Death

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
At the office.

Standing wheel o death 3x8

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
bench
45x10
135x5x5
185x5
225x5
315x5
thin foam
365x5
katana
495x1
phenom
585x1
635x0
605x0 tried to touch and just couldn't

Crazy bells.
2x8

Dumbell Millitary
50's +#3 bands x8,8,8

Rolling Crushers
180x2
150x10,10

Band Pull aparts
#3 x 8,8,8

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift with bands at 80lbs off floor and 210 at lock
warmup then
Loose single ply briefs
435(+210) x1, 485(+210) x1, 525(+210), 575(+210)x0
done w/20 seconds rest between each
add 2ply briefs
525(+210)x5

Bent Over Rows
335x8
275x12,12

Deadlift conventional standing on 3" blocks
no belt
345x6
435x6

Standing Ab band crunch
2x12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Got started late so missed assistance work. Hope to catch up today at the office.

Squat with straps down
705x3
735x3

still needed another inch of depth

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Got started late so missed assistance work. Hope to catch up today at the office.

Squat with straps down
705x3
735x3

still needed another inch of depth
just skimmed through the entire thread...... ****ing amazing bro

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i wish i gad access to a gym with that type of equipment, gonna have to try and figure out a way to incorporate bands
If you need tips, I can help...
I have crap for equipment.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Got a couple quick things done at the office before heading home

The Office
YouTube- The office

Romanian Deadlifts
With standing on greeen band around neck

345+band x6x6

Wheel O death
3x10

just from the knees as trying to get some blood flow into abs.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Bench
45x10
135x5x5
225x5
315x5
365x5 off foam board
Add shirt
495x3
585x3
635x2

Floor press with 2board plus foam
315x5
365x4
315x10

Band/DB military press
#4+50 x10,8,5

Rolling crushers
130x10,10,6,5

Damn, my left pec/rib cage is getting tweaked out by the shirt work again…even with boards.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
out of shape but so it will be till after nationals in april.

Week 1 of a deadlift progression routine. Doing doubles but reseting on each rep made if very challenging.

Deadlift w/Briefs
Warmup then
545x1,1
595x1,1
645x1,1
695x1
done in 150 seconds

Conv Pulls with bar at 16"
645x8
725x4

DB Rows- each side
175x8
175x20 used strap

YouTube- Week 1 Deadlift Progression
good thing i had the killer music for motivations ;-)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Snuck out for couple minutes today.

CG bench
45x5
135x15
225x15,15,8
done with about 90 sec rest.

back is simply FRIED from yesterday so that combined with the CG it killed my on these.

Overhead band extensions
#3x12,8,6Snuck out for couple minutes today.

CG bench
45x5
135x15
225x15,15,8
done with about 90 sec rest.

back is simply FRIED from yesterday so that combined with the CG it killed my on these.

Overhead band extensions
#3x12,8,6

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Squat
Warmup then
665x3
715x3
755x3
Didn’t hit depth
YouTube- Still high 755

Glute Ham Raise
#3 x6
#5 x3 with many more missed attempts
Drop sets with #4 and #3

Leg Press
Lots of weight x 12
More weight x8

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
standing wheel o death 3x8

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
And I’m freakin sick again…my level of frustration and anger over getting sick this winter cannot be explained in words. I’ve gotten sick at least once every month for the last 5 months…..i don’t know what to say. Wife is a teacher, 1 year old in Daycare, and 60 employees gives us tons of opportunity to pickup bugs.
And nationals is just next month and I have not got a single full training cycle in forever. SUCKS!!! I just can’t explain how angry I am. I have not been this angry/frustrated for some time.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
ready to deadlift

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Saturday Deadlift Day
Pretty much repeat of last week

Monday Squats
Larry Hook gave me a few pointers this weekend after looking at my vid the previous week and not being able to hit depth. Worked as I nailed depth on all my attempts tonight.
55x5x5
Add #5 bands chocked tight for 120-140lbs of additional tension
55x5
145x5
255x5
345x5
455x3
545x3
595x3
635x3
685x1
725x0 hit it out of hole but bands kicked in and sucked me back down

Leg Press
Lots O’ weight x12,12,8

GHR
BWx12
#3x12,12,8

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Bench
45x10
135x5
225x5
275x5
315x3
365x2
New shirt break in
585x3 off 4bd
585x3 off 3bd
605x3 off 2bd
635x1 couldn’t touch 1bd
Need to stretch out the arms as I couldn’t get the shirt on all the way so not supprised I couldn’t touch.

DB/Band Military Press
50+#3 x15
Several attempts with 60 & 70’s with bands but could only hit a couple reps. Took a lot of **** for that.

Band Tricep Extensions
Using Superlift we raised the band height by approx 6-8” every set.
#3 x 12,12,8,6

Standing Wheel O Death x5,5