JT Mass: Post show rebound and off-season

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last training session at the gym here in Ireland. Going back home tomorrow. Monday I start the off-season.

Today was pull day. But, I just did back and stopped because I was stupid to participate in an arm wrestling competition last Saturday and my elbow is faackd.

But another deadlift PR- 185kgs for 10 reps.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Last training session at the gym here in Ireland. Going back home tomorrow. Monday I start the off-season.

Today was pull day. But, I just did back and stopped because I was stupid to participate in an arm wrestling competition last Saturday and my elbow is faackd.

But another deadlift PR- 185kgs for 10 reps.
Very Nice !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
407x10 - your deadlift has come a long way! This is going to really help contribute to bringing up those hamstrings like we talked about. The more you can pull, the more you will be able to use on movements like RDL and leg curls later on in prep. You have to be getting very close to being able to execute a Nordic leg curl too, if you aren’t already.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
407x10 - your deadlift has come a long way! This is going to really help contribute to bringing up those hamstrings like we talked about. The more you can pull, the more you will be able to use on movements like RDL and leg curls later on in prep. You have to be getting very close to being able to execute a Nordic leg curl too, if you aren’t already.
Thanks Hyde. My RDLs have definitely gotten better with the weight I pull. I haven’t done a Nordic leg curl. I have tried before, but was never able to execute even 1 rep. I do DB leg curls and RDLs.

Are you going to plan my training?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How's the food there, i always assume it to be very bland. The American Irish food traditions are all kinda plain, boiled, lacking spices and variety.

I don't know how it compares to traditional Irish food tho

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How's the food there, i always assume it to be very bland. The American Irish food traditions are all kinda plain, boiled, lacking spices and variety.

I don't know how it compares to traditional Irish food tho
Food is just bland. I just made my meals and stayed away from outside food for most of the time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Hyde. My RDLs have definitely gotten better with the weight I pull. I haven’t done a Nordic leg curl. I have tried before, but was never able to execute even 1 rep. I do DB leg curls and RDLs.

Are you going to plan my training?
Lol I think you would do better with a Muscle & Fitness article!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone knows Muscular Development is the way to go !

Traing Split.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you better stick with Hyde !
Just kidding. I am still dabbling with my training which I set and Hyde Modified and Approved. have to put it to test in the next 2 months to see how it treats me.

Today did a leg session at my home gym. Only working sets here.

Lying Leg Curl: Rest pause set 55kgs 18 reps
Smith Squats (SSB Style: used straps): 110kgs 2 sets for 12 reps
Leg Press: 165kgs 2 sets 15 and 12 reps (tempo: 2:1:2:1)
Leg Extensions: Pyramid set: 20-35-50-65kgs 8-10reps on each set (no rest)
Machine Good mornings: 110kgs 2 sets 12reps (Tempo: 2:1:1:0)
Seated calf raises: 15kgs 2 sets 15 reps and 25kgs 2 sets 12 and 10 reps (Tempo: 2:1:2:1)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude, I missed your prep log, just went back through it and read a good chunk of it. What an experience. Will catch up on this one and then start commenting but you have really killed it with the progress the last couple years JT!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude, I missed your prep log, just went back through it and read a good chunk of it. What an experience. Will catch up on this one and then start commenting but you have really killed it with the progress the last couple years JT!
He is now a Monster !!!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you .. Yeah, my prep was a roller coaster ride physically, emotionally and spiritually. Made me much stronger inside with all that I had to go through.

Hyde is helping me out with the off-season. We just started.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you .. Yeah, my prep was a roller coaster ride physically, emotionally and spiritually. Made me much stronger inside with all that I had to go through.

Hyde is helping me out with the off-season. We just started.
Mine was pretty life changing too.

Can't wait to see where you go from here. You are lucky to have @Hyde helping you. He really knows his stuff.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday was Leg Day (I have a few feeder sets before working on a specific muscle). Only working sets here though

Cable Adductors: 2 sets 30kgs 20 reps
Lying Leg Curl: Rest Pause set 18 reps
Power Hack Squats: 1 set 90kgs 30 reps 1 set 100kgs 20 reps (Tempo: 2:0:2:0)
Leg Press: 3 sets 170kgs 20 reps (this almost killed me)
Leg Extensions: Pyramid set (fried legs)

This is one of the working sets

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know it is getting intense when the grunt turns to a high pitch squeal! Nice work!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You did well on the Legpress. That guy was a good spotter; I don’t think you would have been as accomplished solo. If you can have him around on future leg days, I would try to do so!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For some reason I enjoy watching you get tortured !!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You did well on the Legpress. That guy was a good spotter; I don’t think you would have been as accomplished solo. If you can have him around on future leg days, I would try to do so!
He's my training partner and I coach him.. We are following my training plan. So, he'll be around to accept the torture as well.. lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He's my training partner and I coach him.. We are following my training plan. So, he'll be around to accept the torture as well.. lol
Good to have those around! Nice effort exerted there my man.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A good training partner is always good for a few more pounds or an extra rep or two !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bud.. This is the first time I am going to have a training partner. We both push each other really hard. So the feeling is just fuckn awesome..
The biggest thing is to know when to push, and when to hold. Like if something actually hurts, unilaterally, you know there’s an issue that must be respected. But that aside, having someone in the trenches with you makes it a lot easier to finish the scheduled work when you are exhausted and would really prefer to just pack it up. And when you are capable of the 20th rep but want to rack it with every fiber of your being, having that encouragement can really drive you through.

Of course, whatever you do you have to recover from!!!

I really wish I had a training partner My wife has one and I know it helps her a lot, accountability-wise.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's kind of funny I will occasionally see guys I trained with 30 or 40 years ago and there is still a type of bond or friendship that never goes away. It's pretty cool !

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The biggest thing is to know when to push, and when to hold. Like if something actually hurts, unilaterally, you know there’s an issue that must be respected. But that aside, having someone in the trenches with you makes it a lot easier to finish the scheduled work when you are exhausted and would really prefer to just pack it up. And when you are capable of the 20th rep but want to rack it with every fiber of your being, having that encouragement can really drive you through.

I really wish I had a training partner My wife has one and I know it helps her a lot, accountability-wise.
I agree.. he understands my rhythm and having someone like that can push you to a place where you can’t go by yourself..

I think the biggest piece is finding someone who matches your wavelength. Even if they are not as strong as you..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree.. he understands my rhythm and having someone like that can push you to a place where you can’t go by yourself..

I think the biggest piece is finding someone who matches your wavelength. Even if they are not as strong as you..
Yes, strength is totally irrelevant I’ve found, as long as the vibe is there and the weaker person understands how to train hard and when to step in.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For the next two weeks we will continue with
Test C-150mg, Mast- 150mg, NPP- 150mg
CJC DAC, MK-677, L-Carnitine (injectable) will remain the same.

Still haven't got around using Humalog pre training.

The coming Monday, July 4th is my Divorce case hearing. My lawyer is positive that we are in the clear to finally get the divorce done and close it out. Next is my son's custody. Hope my divorce gets through. July 4th though :)

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The coming Monday, July 4th is my Divorce case hearing. My lawyer is positive that we are in the clear to finally get the divorce done and close it out. Next is my son's custody. Hope my divorce gets through. July 4th though :)
Good work brother. Divorce case and child custody. I remember it like it was yesterday back in 2018. Keep your head up and stay strong. I got your back brother. If you need any help or someone to talk to that’s been through it let me know.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good work brother. Divorce case and child custody. I remember it like it was yesterday back in 2018. Keep your head up and stay strong. I got your back brother. If you need any help or someone to talk to that’s been through it let me know.
It's always tough when you have a child. But, it was a really toxic relationship which I got into because I was young and stupid. Went through a lot in the last few years with the divorce, but, I am in a much better place mentally. Thanks man.. It's good to know I have some nice people here to just talk about things I generally don't like to talk about.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good luck on the hearing !! July 4th is my wedding anniversary (Kind of Ironic)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Oh man I really miss when I had a workout partner. I miss when my wife was my workout partner. We pushed each other in a way that was pretty awesome. However now it would just be great to have someone in the trenches with me in the same mindset. get that synergy that comes from good training partners.

Nice cruise plan there! How much DAC you doing? My most effective peptide run was 3g DAC a week.

Also good luck on the 4rth. With some luck the 4rth of July will become your independence day too!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh man I really miss when I had a workout partner. I miss when my wife was my workout partner. We pushed each other in a way that was pretty awesome. However now it would just be great to have someone in the trenches with me in the same mindset. get that synergy that comes from good training partners.

Nice cruise plan there! How much DAC you doing? My most effective peptide run was 3g DAC a week.

Also good luck on the 4rth. With some luck the 4rth of July will become your independence day too!!!
The optimal clinical dose, 2mg e3d.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The optimal clinical dose, 2mg e3d.
Yeah, I was doing 1mg 3 times a week I think I said Gram above but that was not correct. I took huperzine (I think it was) multiple times a day to induce smaller spikes and ran mod-29, and ipamorelin together twice a day to make up the difference. One of the only times I started getting the numb hands going during a peptide run.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Update on the divorce:

The judge has moved the case to 22nd July for arguments. Her lawyer said, they need a date to place their arguments. Till now, her lawyer was all silent and didn’t even object against any of the evidence I placed in front of the court and now this happens.

Never get divorced if you’re married. Suffer throughout your life. Its probably better than court.

Now, even my lawyer doesn’t really know what possible arguments can they coming up with. But, we will fight it out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hate to hear that brother, good luck with that. Just keep focus on your current goals and let that be secondary if at all possible.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the struggle. I know a lot of guys on AM who have went through similar felt the same.

Live each day one day at a time. It’s important to plan for & work towards the future too, but remember today is all we’ve ever really got. Try to take time to enjoy the simple things brother!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update on the divorce:

The judge has moved the case to 22nd July for arguments. Her lawyer said, they need a date to place their arguments. Till now, her lawyer was all silent and didn’t even object against any of the evidence I placed in front of the court and now this happens.

Never get divorced if you’re married. Suffer throughout your life. Its probably better than court.

Now, even my lawyer doesn’t really know what possible arguments can they coming up with. But, we will fight it out.
I am sorry you are going through this. The divorce process is demoralizing for a man. Hang in there bud. I went through this and just wait how much better you feel 6 months post divorce. Stay positive and you will get through this.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In the scope of how long life is, this will be over very soon !!