The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any of you guys successfully get the rep range for the rear delt destroyer? I just tried today and failed miserably. Once I get to like 20 swings it starts getting hard to move the arms lol
Its not above moving your arms, its about pulling through your elbows. Your forearms should be completely relaxed, traps relaxed, and you should keep a firm chest so you have your shoulders rolled back. I bet you just need to be setup properly and focus on pulling with your elbows and keeping the arms un-tensed so you get all focus on your rear delts.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s all about swinging as much as you can. Even he had said that at some point it’s basically just a twitch ha

I haven’t done them in forever but I used to all the time and man are they a mental battle
Hmmm I think even though I thought it was less ROM I was still moving more than that. Good to know.

Its not above moving your arms, its about pulling through your elbows. Your forearms should be completely relaxed, traps relaxed, and you should keep a firm chest so you have your shoulders rolled back. I bet you just need to be setup properly and focus on pulling with your elbows and keeping the arms un-tensed so you get all focus on your rear delts.
Great point I forgot to focus on driving the elbows like he always says. I also think I need to find the right set up bc I kept trying to avoid the pin that adjust the DB bench.

Thanks guys. Will try again next week!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have Gamma Bomb, Taskmaster, and a couple of others. His programs are great. Not sure if those are 2.0 or what that even is necessarily... but I do know I really love John Meadows’ programs.

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m loving the pump days on this one

Although I loved the pump days on creeping death too

Open question;
Johns a massive advocate of Intra workout nutrition

What’s everyone’s Intra look like?

I’m trying to get my training partner to look more into Intra

Just something as simple as pepto/HBCD combo then to just add more/less carbs on for the given day

I’m nearly out of sizeon which has worked really well for me while doing MD programs

Before that I had intracell
DIY...

6g EAA
25g HBCD
2g Citrulline Malate
5g Creatine Mono

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My intra is 7g bcaa, 20g EAA, 50g karbolyn (John recommends HBCD though)

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tell you what shifted week 4 legs to today

Those 3 second negatives are no joke

Leg press had my sweating buckets

And I’ve ran out of sizeon

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn my Intra game is weak sauce with just bcaa. When did EAA Intra become common?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
7g BCAA and 20g EAA. That should taste awful.
Yep, mine does. When I use glycofuse different story. That’s one of the best tasting supps I’ve ever used, but I don’t always wanna shell out for it. But the eaas are hard to mask sometimes, especially a higher dose

TinyGiant

Awards
For those doing DB Pullovers how is your rep tempo and range of motion?
Do you guys have videos?
you guys are pushing more weight then meadows himself and 95-100 DB is damn impressive if you are fulling stretching, pausing, and not using momentum on the movements.
I need to take a video of me doing them so I can post it or send it to you to get a form check. Today is back day so I’ll try and add them in if they aren’t in the routine today and video it. I do 80s-100s for mine. My range of motion is the range that keeps constant tension on the lats and I go pretty slow. But I’m always open for criticism because I don’t believe my form is 100% either and I could be doing them completely wrong and not realizing it. But my range of motion is limited due to lack of flexibility too.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I need to take a video of me doing them so I can post it or send it to you to get a form check. Today is back day so I’ll try and add them in if they aren’t in the routine today and video it. I do 80s-100s for mine. My range of motion is the range that keeps constant tension on the lats and I go pretty slow. But I’m always open for criticism because I don’t believe my form is 100% either and I could be doing them completely wrong and not realizing it. But my range of motion is limited due to lack of flexibility too.
If you know this is an issue you should work on correcting the problem here. This will help expand your range of motion and provide better stimulation.

Same situation if someone says they cant get deep enough in the hole when squatting due to tight hamstrings, IT bands, or low back issues. You need to do mobility work or get ART work done to get it fixed and released. If you do this I can guarentee you will find your back engaging so much more. It is a bodypart that thrives off ROM (Range of Motion) to fully stimulate the muscle properly.

This is also another reason why John continues to preach in his back training videos he always trains back after getting a deep tissue massage or ART since the muscles are fully stretched

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great pump tonight from week 5 push

Chest was full of blood and that’s what we want

Men with big boobs in the gym

Triceps were also on point
My gym has had a cybex tricep machine and it’s so nice to use really hits the tricep

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 5 legs done.

The 3 second negatives are a killer

And these little tweaks that takes a normal workout to a gruelling pushing you to the next level workout.

Got me thinking you rarely see people at least in the gyms I’ve been too really control and use negatives

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Week 5 legs done.

The 3 second negatives are a killer

And these little tweaks that takes a normal workout to a gruelling pushing you to the next level workout.

Got me thinking you rarely see people at least in the gyms I’ve been too really control and use negatives
A majority of lifters try and lift the weight as fast as possible and from point A to point B.
This is the issue.
The negative is when the muscle is under most tension. This is why John setups his programs and rep tempo's in this fashion (slower negative) to put the muscle under the most amount of tension and stimulation possible.

On top of improper lifting technique, submax intensity, you throw in trying to lift as quickly as possible and this is why people do not progress as well as they should. They think that adding more weight to the bar and breaking their body in the process is the key to lifting. That is the opposite of longevity and properly lifting weights.

This is why a wise man once said. Stimulate don't annihilate. People are amazed how much more progress they make when they slow down, find better mind muscle connection, and activate the muscles that should be targeted.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yessir. Slow down. The old way was four seconds up and four seconds down. I think that’s excessive. 2 up and three down. Fast reps at the end of sets that are going to use weider principles etc, as in when close to failure, only.

There’s also the school of thought where pulsing the speed of each set is advised, three slow reps, three fast reps, three partial reps, and then three slow reps again, etc. with a weight at around 6-8rpe at the slow pace.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A majority of lifters try and lift the weight as fast as possible and from point A to point B.
This is the issue.
The negative is when the muscle is under most tension. This is why John setups his programs and rep tempo's in this fashion (slower negative) to put the muscle under the most amount of tension and stimulation possible.

On top of improper lifting technique, submax intensity, you throw in trying to lift as quickly as possible and this is why people do not progress as well as they should. They think that adding more weight to the bar and breaking their body in the process is the key to lifting. That is the opposite of longevity and properly lifting weights.

This is why a wise man once said. Stimulate don't annihilate. People are amazed how much more progress they make when they slow down, find better mind muscle connection, and activate the muscles that should be targeted.
But broooo my face tingling from my pre and I want a pump I ain’t got time to do 3 second negatives

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
But broooo my face tingling from my pre and I want a pump I ain’t got time to do 3 second negatives
Lifting Fast does not = a pump
I bet you can find a great pump from slower reps and stimulating the muscle to a larger degree. Just sayin'
Do a set of hammer curls for 12 reps with 3-second negatives drop and do a set of 10 (with 3 second negatives) and then another drop till failure. That is almost a 2 minute set.I bet your arms will be pumped after that. That is assuming you have good form and don't swing your body back and forth like most gym bro's

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lifting Fast does not = a pump
I bet you can find a great pump from slower reps and stimulating the muscle to a larger degree. Just sayin'
Do a set of hammer curls for 12 reps with 3-second negatives drop and do a set of 10 (with 3 second negatives) and then another drop till failure. That is almost a 2 minute set.I bet your arms will be pumped after that. That is assuming you have good form and don't swing your body back and forth like most gym bro's
On that 3rd drop like

IMG_8921.JPG

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, i completely forgot sarcasm is hard to judge over the internet

I think it was week2 on PC

Barbell curls with the 3 sec negatives

My arms were about to explode after those

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well, i completely forgot sarcasm is hard to judge over the internet

I think it was week2 on PC

Barbell curls with the 3 sec negatives

My arms were about to explode after those
Week 5 too for Preacher's:
I want 2 sets of around 8 here. Lower the bar with a 3 second count on both sets.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
File a law suit against John for physical assault on my biceps after that one

What’s everyone moving onto after PC?

I may try sentinel or task master or another older program, however the more I do PC the more I love it, which I know I wasn’t too keen at the start

Here’s another one, so I train with someone. While we have been PC ive been pushing myself hard and in a few weeks gone back to what I was prior to my holiday back in November

And now Adding some nice lean mass, all good I’ll just got with the flow and enjoy the ride

My partner however just doesn’t seem to change... like I push him to what John is saying on the program and always try squeeze reps out

He’s always going on about upping carbs and lowering them

But he never ups them enough or I’ve tried explaining carb cycling

Shall I just not bother let him train and I’ll continue to transform my physique

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
File a law suit against John for physical assault on my biceps after that one

What’s everyone moving onto after PC?

I may try sentinel or task master or another older program, however the more I do PC the more I love it, which I know I wasn’t too keen at the start

Here’s another one, so I train with someone. While we have been PC ive been pushing myself hard and in a few weeks gone back to what I was prior to my holiday back in November

And now Adding some nice lean mass, all good I’ll just got with the flow and enjoy the ride

My partner however just doesn’t seem to change... like I push him to what John is saying on the program and always try squeeze reps out

He’s always going on about upping carbs and lowering them

But he never ups them enough or I’ve tried explaining carb cycling

Shall I just not bother let him train and I’ll continue to transform my physique
Could be 2 issues
- Proper Form & Range of Motion
- Proper Diet (Consistent Surplus)

he seems all over the place with his diet which could be the root cause. No training program gives good results if your diet does not reflect it.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could be 2 issues
- Proper Form & Range of Motion
- Proper Diet (Consistent Surplus)

he seems all over the place with his diet which could be the root cause. No training program gives good results if your diet does not reflect it.

It’s obvious diet based, because I’d have him up about form and motion

However you can’t just get through to some people

I’ll just continue to enjoy the gains

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 6 push done.

I am smoked.

The destroyer set.

The upper body version of a
Bulgarian drop set

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 5 too for Preacher's:
I want 2 sets of around 8 here. Lower the bar with a 3 second count on both sets.
That was part of my training program over 15yrs ago.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That was part of my training program over 15yrs ago.
Speaking of, are you still considering doing some coaching here?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaking of, are you still considering doing some coaching here?
Yes. I'm redesigning the website to have mobile app integration.

I just had to comment on this because I literally had this in my FLA programs back in 2004 for every exercise. You counted the eccentric/concentric at first. Its was the beginning of TUT training..now you see it everywhere. :)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tested the first push day of PC. I loved it. Can’t wait to start this next month. Makes u push harder knowing u only have a couple of sets

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve woke upto and I’m so sore

My shoulders feel like a ton

God damn destroyer set

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any of his programs 4 days?
You can cater them to you. Ones I think might be good are gamma bomb as it’s a 5 day plan with one day repeating a muscle group from the week, it’s back, chest shoulders, legs, arms. or one of the ppl plans: creeping death 2 or colossus. Just drop whatever days you don’t want to repeat once the main three days are done.

I would go for gamma bomb, but that’s my favorite out of all his plans so I’m biased

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any of his programs 4 days?
Yeah... you can use any of the programs at 4 days, he has it outlined how you can run it that way. especially the newer ones CD 2.0, Gamma Bomb, Colossus etc.
Basically you can make them 4-6 days a week pending recovery and how well you respond to the program.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creeping death 2.0 and project colossus Are two of my favourites with Gamma bomb coming third

The newer ones are very well set out and very customisable on how many days you want to train

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Creeping death 2.0 and project colossus Are two of my favourites with Gamma bomb coming third

The newer ones are very well set out and very customisable on how many days you want to train
I like the newer ones because they are further developed, ie the muscle activation work. Personally I love an arm day, maybe that’s the meat head in me lol

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the newer ones because they are further developed, ie the muscle activation work. Personally I love an arm day, maybe that’s the meat head in me lol
I love supersetting Bulgarian drop set of death with shoulder destroyer

You would probably die attempting it

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

and then crawling into a shallow grave haha

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I’m pretty good with my training intensity, but I’ll take your word for it. Im waiting for the right time to run colossus. I need some of these injuries to be fully recovered first

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah... you can use any of the programs at 4 days, he has it outlined how you can run it that way. especially the newer ones CD 2.0, Gamma Bomb, Colossus etc.
Basically you can make them 4-6 days a week pending recovery and how well you respond to the program.
Is there any free apps that layout these programs.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m pretty good with my training intensity, but I’ll take your word for it. Im waiting for the right time to run colossus. I need some of these injuries to be fully recovered first
I’m kidding, I love training hard and pushing it but that would be suicide

No time like the present!

Seriously though, with a calorie surplus on this program strength would be through the roof.

I’ve made some really good strength increases and I’m at maintenance

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25
Training Forum 8