MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got a coach, hopping on the Vit T train... Man, between you and Kleen, I'm getting jealous!
Oh snap! Things are going to get serious! That 20lbs will be more muscle than fat now for sure. Any idea on what doses you will start out on?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh snap! Things are going to get serious! That 20lbs will be more muscle than fat now for sure. Any idea on what doses you will start out on?
Depends on what I end up buying, but probably gonna just start around 500/week and go from there. Will be right in line with what I’ve done before for T.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Depends on what I end up buying, but probably gonna just start around 500/week and go from there. Will be right in line with what I’ve done before for T.
That question was actually for @Segansational but yeah I think 500 to start will treat you pretty nicely with your usage history.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That question was actually for @Segansational but yeah I think 500 to start will treat you pretty nicely with your usage history.
I think Seg was just commenting that Jim now has a coach and is going to be getting on steroids, which was making Seg feel a little jealous.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey for the record, you take steroids too, and have had a coach. I’m not saying you should, but you can call a clinic in Florida like everyone else if you want some aggressive HRT & can foot the bill. Or of course just order UGL steroids at your own risk and do your own thing.

Also, I think trying to gain 20lbs of weight at your age without also blasting gear is asking for a really terrible composition change. I gained a ton of fat going from 247 to 270 in a short time despite a lot of steroids. I would never even consider it without them, for someone who uses things periodically.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, I think trying to gain 20lbs of weight at your age without also blasting gear is asking for a really terrible composition change.
20lbs was definitely a mind F for me. I think i topped out at 25lbs during my most recent run and even though it took almost 18 months, watching my clothes slowly stop fitting lol.... it was a mind game

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think Seg was just commenting that Jim now has a coach and is going to be getting on steroids, which was making Seg feel a little jealous.
Oh okay, I misread, and was excited to welcome him to the Dark Side! Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! (diabolical laughter)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh okay, I misread, and was excited to welcome him to the Dark Side! Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! (diabolical laughter)
Yeah, not to clutter up Jimothy's log here, but I'm just not ready to pin. TRT may be in my future at some point down the road, but I was just commenting really to say how hyped I was for both you and OP! When one of us on AM wins, it feels like we all win.

Happy to continue the convo in my thread on the weight goal if others are interested.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, not to clutter up Jimothy's log here, but I'm just not ready to pin. TRT may be in my future at some point down the road, but I was just commenting really to say how hyped I was for both you and OP! When one of us on AM wins, it feels like we all win.

Happy to continue the convo in my thread on the weight goal if others are interested.
Well thanks for the excitement on my behalf! I will make sure to make you proud of what I make of it! ;)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG

Apartment gym obviously lacking, but better than getting nothing done on those days that it’s hard to commute in for the gym.

Also did my 25 minutes on the elliptical after. Gonna talk to Pat because I might have to take the reins back on my training just because of time commitments. Will see how we want to move forward to let me get the best results.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have to do what you can to make it work best as possible, and getting the sessions in with less than ideal equipment is infinitely better than missing! This was a good day.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m feeling like dog water today. Headache, sore throat, fatigue, and a persistent cough.

Slept well last night (actually passed out on the couch and moved to bed and overslept this am by like 4 hours), but just not feeling hot.

Not sure if I’m coming down with something or what, but not having a Baja Blast today at work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a pretty decent session to me.

Hate to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you recover quickly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you are feeling better, and if not that you are at least sleeping.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good grief the way the bugs and viruses are moving around this board lately you'd think we all just had an in person fireside chat every morning with coffee instead of the interwebz. maybe it's a computer virus.
Yeah, I’m feeling a lot better now. Just the residual cough (bleh).

Hoping to get some feedback from Pat today, but considering trying to move to 5x a week for training but with overall shorter sessions, as I think that will likely make it easier for me to work around my schedule.

May even consider 6x a week (will see how 5 goes) with legs split in 2 sessions. Figuring if I can keep each session between 30-45 minutes of lifting and then add the cardio, I’ll be much more likely to hit all of my sessions than my current 1:15-1:30 plus cardio 4x a week.

Also, scheduled my blood draw for my hormone panel on the 22nd, so should have a pretty good idea of what my starting specs will be when I get ramped up and add stuff in there.

Haven’t ordered anything yet, but may try to do that this week to have everything on hand.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Small, weak and soft. Just a bad combination of things. Very frustrating, but to be expected with the massive change to my life in the last few months. Just need to find the right balance to strike between work and training this year.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s never earned, only rented - and rent is due, every day. We all have to find the right balance for what we can pay for rent at the time as we go - I’m sure you will find a rate that best suites your ambitions!

Plus, you aren’t fat. Much easier to start with a clean slate than having to do serious cleanup prior.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice Session, any word on changing things up to shorter more frequent workouts?

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to see you around again! Hope you’re well!
Nice to be around again. All is well, here. Hopefully for you too. I have a read a little of the log. Will read more after the gym tonight.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to be around again. All is well, here. Hopefully for you too. I have a read a little of the log. Will read more after the gym tonight.
Wish I could say there was a lot to see here, but it’s been tough sledding finding the right balance with the demands of my new job.

Still honestly trying to figure it out.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wish I could say there was a lot to see here, but it’s been tough sledding finding the right balance with the demands of my new job.

Still honestly trying to figure it out.
What do you do again? I’m pretty sure you said before but I can’t remember.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had what looked like a lull that I was gonna use to get a workout in at the actual gym, and right when I walked in, I got emails I need to handle.

So now I’m headed home to plug in and deal with that. Hoping to try to at least get an apartment gym back session in.

Bleh.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had what looked like a lull that I was gonna use to get a workout in at the actual gym, and right when I walked in, I got emails I need to handle.

So now I’m headed home to plug in and deal with that. Hoping to try to at least get an apartment gym back session in.

Bleh.
Gotta do what you can do when you can do it. Especially with your job. You will figure it out. Have you thought about before work so it is less likely to get in the way then?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta do what you can do when you can do it. Especially with your job. You will figure it out. Have you thought about before work so it is less likely to get in the way then?
I’d prefer to be able to consistently go in the am. That’s what I was doing before work picked up in the last month or two.

It’s just tough to get up early enough to get the dog out and commute in to the gym before I start getting blown up with emails. Especially if I’m up late working like I have been recently.

May end up just having to get another gym membership somewhere closer to the office, even if it’s not an “ideal” gym.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will probably spend some time this weekend seeing what’s around. Ideally, something 24 hour.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will probably spend some time this weekend seeing what’s around. Ideally, something 24 hour.
Yeah for sure a 24hr is best option in your situation. Even better if you can find one that is opened via Key fob so not reliant on employees to get in either.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are there any periods of the day where you are not beholden to address something right away? Like defined off hours, or being “on lunch” for an hour or whatever?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are there any periods of the day where you are not beholden to address something right away? Like defined off hours, or being “on lunch” for an hour or whatever?
No. I’m on call. Most days I end up eating lunch at my desk because I have stuff I need to be doing.

Not everything I do all day is urgent, but there’s no control over when something urgent comes in. Has happened on weekends, holidays, at midnight on a weekday, etc.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No. I’m on call. Most days I end up eating lunch at my desk because I have stuff I need to be doing.

Not everything I do all day is urgent, but there’s no control over when something urgent comes in. Has happened on weekends, holidays, at midnight on a weekday, etc.
Man props on always meeting a demanding schedule like that, I’m sure it’s not easy.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man props on always meeting a demanding schedule like that, I’m sure it’s not easy.
A lot of folks burn out after the first couple of years.

I’m hoping to not be one of them. Just need to find the right balance again.

Would be easier if I had my home gym still lol. But I’ll figure it out.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A lot of folks burn out after the first couple of years.

I’m hoping to not be one of them. Just need to find the right balance again.

Would be easier if I had my home gym still lol. But I’ll figure it out.
Oh I could imagine, guessing once you make it to the next step it’s probably not quite as demanding? Either way yeah. Hopefully you can find a 24 hr place close to the office!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Man, 24/7 on call with no rotation off, that would indeed burn most people out quickly. In IT it’s common to have a rotation if on-call is needed so people can schedule trips at some point, their medical/appointments, etc. Like 3-7 days on, then someone else takes point, and so on.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, 24/7 on call with no rotation off, that would indeed burn most people out quickly. In IT it’s common to have a rotation if on-call is needed so people can schedule trips at some point, their medical/appointments, etc. Like 3-7 days on, then someone else takes point, and so on.
Yeah they work the hell out of the new associates at our firm. It's like some sort of Legal Seal training, they weed out the weak those first couple of years and then mentor the strong and talented.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna go check a new gym this evening. It’s the wrong direction from work, but only 8 minutes from my apartment (vs. the 30ish that I have to go now).

Opens a bit earlier and closes a few hours later.

Will give that a shot tonight, and if it seems like a place I can get a good session, it should make my life a lot easier just by virtue of cutting my commute time so much.

Plus, wouldn’t have to pack all my work stuff since it’s only 8 minutes back to my place from there and my place is on the way to the office from the gym.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gonna go check a new gym this evening. It’s the wrong direction from work, but only 8 minutes from my apartment (vs. the 30ish that I have to go now).

Opens a bit earlier and closes a few hours later.

Will give that a shot tonight, and if it seems like a place I can get a good session, it should make my life a lot easier just by virtue of cutting my commute time so much.

Plus, wouldn’t have to pack all my work stuff since it’s only 8 minutes back to my place from there and my place is on the way to the office from the gym.
Hope it’s good enough, because just the shorter drive to it nets you ~45 minutes round trip you could be training! And having flexibility to get back to work fast is a big premium for you.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1845.JPG

Not a bad spot. They aren’t fully open yet, but the owner let me set up my membership anyway. Should be fine for basically anything I need. Not as much variety as the other gym, but everything they have is high quality.

Plus, the shorter commute will be a lifesaver (I think).