MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Getting it in, oh yeah stairs after those presses sound like fun! NOT!!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, nearly forgot, but going snowboarding this weekend. Flight leaves tomorrow evening, so I will try to get a workout in the morning, but expect it will likely be the last one of the week.

Will be back Sunday evening, so I should be back to regularly scheduled programming on Monday.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_1946.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG

Ended up having to cancel my snowboarding trip due to a family emergency back in Houston. Getting on a flight back to Texas tomorrow morning and will be staying until Wednesday.

Will plan to find a temporary gym down there while I’m in town but fully expecting diet to be fucked for the week.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 240601View attachment 240602

Ended up having to cancel my snowboarding trip due to a family emergency back in Houston. Getting on a flight back to Texas tomorrow morning and will be staying until Wednesday.

Will plan to find a temporary gym down there while I’m in town but fully expecting diet to be fucked for the week.
Sorry to hear man. Hope all goes well with family.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice sessions dude. Best wishes with family emergency.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG

Not a ton happening this weekend because of (mostly) too much alcohol because of my birthday on Saturday. Heading to Dublin Wednesday night and will be there through Monday for my buddy’s bachelor party.

Plan is to do legs tomorrow and back on Wednesday before heading to the airport.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been traveling for the past week or so. Got back last Wednesday and my back was fucked from all the time in the plane. Finally feeling mostly ok and back in the gym and on plan again.

Bloods came back good, so all systems go for some of the Lord’s favorite vitamin. Have a wedding to go to in Mexico on the 6th, so figuring things will start in earnest after I’m back from that and have no more travel plans on the horizon.

Anyway:

IMG_2002.JPG
IMG_2003.JPG

Top end strength was pretty good, but endurance is way down with the time off. Also, pretty sure I sprained my thumb wrestling with the guys in Ireland and that’s still bothering me quite a bit.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2014.JPG
IMG_2015.JPG

Tough week last week with work and a ton of errands to get everything ready to leave Thursday for Cancun for a wedding. Will try to get 2 more sessions in before flying out Thursday morning.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Heading to Dublin Wednesday night and will be there through Monday for my buddy’s bachelor party.

Plan is to do legs tomorrow and back on Wednesday before heading to the airpor
seems like I always end up on a lower/legs day before flying and I'm always nervous about doms on the plane lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy Cancun!!!

seems like I always end up on a lower/legs day before flying and I'm always nervous about doms on the plane lol.
It’s getting off the plane when you have been seated for hours that’s the real test! You need one of those airport provided rascal scooters to make it to baggage claim

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read “doms on the plane” in Samuel L Jackson voice

“I have had it with these mothefukkin doms, on this motherfukkin plane!”

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2054.JPG

We’re trying something a bit different here now. This was last night’s workout, which wrapped up around midnight.

Legs tonight (which, at this rate, may also be around midnight since I’m still at work).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 241515

We’re trying something a bit different here now. This was last night’s workout, which wrapped up around midnight.

Legs tonight (which, at this rate, may also be around midnight since I’m still at work).
Sometimes you just have to take some more caffeine and do your best to get it done! Good luck Jim. Something is better than nothing.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sometimes you just have to take some more caffeine and do your best to get it done! Good luck Jim. Something is better than nothing.
Sounds like it’s actually going to be a tomorrow session. Still working tonight and gym closes in about an hour.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So a push pull session eh. That should do the trick. How many sessions a week are you all targeting now?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So a push pull session eh. That should do the trick. How many sessions a week are you all targeting now?
Targeting 4 training sessions and (ideally) 5 cardio sessions (1 longer on the mid-week rest day and 4 shorter post-training).

Think the push/pull this week might be an aberration, though. Expecting a more fulsome changed plan this weekend to start on Monday.

Not sure quite what that is going to look like yet, but I’m sure it’ll be good.

Really trying to lock-in now that the wedding and all that **** is behind me. Work has been picking up again, so that’s less than ideal.

Ordering my new vitamins this week and planning to start that in the coming weeks (thinking 500/mg week solo and playing it by ear as we go along). Gonna spend this weekend going over the meal plan with Pat and getting everything in order to avoid any last minute DoorDashing when my plan gets hit in the mouth by work.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Updated diet and training came through today.

Down to like 1600 cals to try to spur things along. Split is: shoulders and tris / back and rear delts / rest / chest and biceps / legs

Also, pulled my hammie today playing on the firm’s softball team to beat out a play at first. Hoping that’s fine by Friday, but we’ll see. No bruising or anything, so probably ok, but hurts like a motherfucker.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Updated diet and training came through today.

Down to like 1600 cals to try to spur things along. Split is: shoulders and tris / back and rear delts / rest / chest and biceps / legs

Also, pulled my hammie today playing on the firm’s softball team to beat out a play at first. Hoping that’s fine by Friday, but we’ll see. No bruising or anything, so probably ok, but hurts like a motherfucker.
Damn dude, sorry to hear it. Pulled hammies always derail me for like a month

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoot that’s not age-related; my worst hammy tear was when I was 19-20.

Dehydration, lack of mobility, and hard/stupid training/activity - if you have at least 1, it’s on the table.
Yeah, I’m thinking it was largely the former combined with the latter. Ah well, hopefully not too serious, but I’ll be keeping an eye on it just in case.

Still no bruising at all, so think nothing too serious, but definitely still uncomfortable.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn it man, start getting in regularly then an injury... Hopefully if clears up quickly.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2073.JPG

Plus 25 minutes incline treadmill walking. Had to keep a hold on the handles to take a little weight off and was at a lower incline and speed than normal, but no crazy discomfort there doing it that way. Hoping relatively low intensity active recovery helps things loosen up.

Nothing to failure this week. Sort of like an acclimation week to get used to the new movements and tempos, so that I can really nail them when intensity picks up next week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, hope you heal up fast!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried to run into the gym and do whatever leg work I could get away with, but forgot the gym closes early on Fridays.

Gonna shift my plan up one day in the week to do Sun/Mon/Wed/Thu going forward.