MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the find. When does it open and do you get to use it now even tho not completely open?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like a good move being that much closer to your place. It’s hard to beat that I’m only 5-8 minutes from my gym as well makes it really convenient.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn’t able to make it in this morning. Was up late last night working and had to get up for my hormone panel blood draw this am.

Expecting to be able to get a decent little chest/shoulders session this evening since there won’t be a bad commute, but only running on a few hours of sleep.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wasn’t able to make it in this morning. Was up late last night working and had to get up for my hormone panel blood draw this am.

Expecting to be able to get a decent little chest/shoulders session this evening since there won’t be a bad commute, but only running on a few hours of sleep.
You can do it, whatever you can get in will be beneficial. I just did my bloods Saturday, should have results by Wednesday according to them.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can do it, whatever you can get in will be beneficial. I just did my bloods Saturday, should have results by Wednesday according to them.
Yeah, I’m not too awful worried about it. Shouldn’t have too big of an issue getting to a gym today.

Especially since it’s so close to the house.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I’m not too awful worried about it. Shouldn’t have too big of an issue getting to a gym today.

Especially since it’s so close to the house.
Yeah being conveniently close is a huge factor.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couldn’t fall asleep last night. Not sure why, cuz I was exhausted all day.

Slept in a bit too late for an AM workout because of the late night. Hoping to crank out some documents for a few deal teams in the next few hours and then go to the gym for a back and biceps day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wishing you luck!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No rest for the wicked. Hearing that the workload in my group is the highest it has been in years.

Just gotta slog through and do the best we can while we’re in it.

Was up late again last night with work, so gym was not happening. Things slowed down today. Currently getting a haircut (finally, it’s been months) with the expectation that I will be able to get a back and bicep day in today.

Still no luck sleeping last night. Really worn down today. Hoping that means I’ll sleep tonight and be able to actually wake up in the morning for quads and calves.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No rest for the wicked. Hearing that the workload in my group is the highest it has been in years.

Just gotta slog through and do the best we can while we’re in it.

Was up late again last night with work, so gym was not happening. Things slowed down today. Currently getting a haircut (finally, it’s been months) with the expectation that I will be able to get a back and bicep day in today.

Still no luck sleeping last night. Really worn down today. Hoping that means I’ll sleep tonight and be able to actually wake up in the morning for quads and calves.
Nothing more frustrating then when you are so tired and exhausted, feel like you could sleep anywhere. Then get into bed like hell yes what I have been waiting for… then lay there wide awake tossing and turning.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get what you can, when you can is the name of the game for right now.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Test results came in. Seems like I didn’t order a fulsome enough test since it was only hormone testing and nothing else. Don’t know what any of these numbers mean lol.

Albumin: 4.1 g/dL
SHBG: 32 nmol/L
Total T: 738 ng/dL
Estradiol: 15 pg/mL
Prolactin: 14.4 ng/mL
Free T: 114.1 pg/mL
Bioavailable T: 214.8 ng/dL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Test results came in. Seems like I didn’t order a fulsome enough test since it was only hormone testing and nothing else. Don’t know what any of these numbers mean lol.

Albumin: 4.1 g/dL
SHBG: 32 nmol/L
Total T: 738 ng/dL
Estradiol: 15 pg/mL
Prolactin: 14.4 ng/mL
Free T: 114.1 pg/mL
Bioavailable T: 214.8 ng/dL
It means you are producing a decent amount of test on your own. ;) Pat may want a metabolic and CBC panel before he tells you to hop on anything though. He wants to make sure you are healthy before pushing the gear. At least he did with me.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It means you are producing a decent amount of test on your own. ;) Pat may want a metabolic and CBC panel before he tells you to hop on anything though. He wants to make sure you are healthy before pushing the gear. At least he did with me.
Being healthy is overrated.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Being healthy is overrated.
With your current bodyfat being under control and that lower E2 relative to your total T, if you do go on I wouldn’t expect to need much estrogen control, relative to some other guys.

Straight test will probably treat you well, at least up to a point. My hunch is compounds like EQ, mast, primo would probably get you pretty dry/low estrogen feeling if you ran them higher. Not that you should use 2 compounds out of the gate anyway.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
End of week was brutal. Didn’t get a single day off this weekend, either.

Things seem like they’ve slowed down today. Hoping that remains the case (knock on wood). Should be able to get a chest/shoulders session in this evening.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
oh wow look who decided to bless the gym with his presence.

nice session 🤘
pecks must have been feeling good

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice session!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice session!
Unfortunately, the only one this week. Had a couple of 4am nights in a row to end the week. Not the way I wanted things to go, but c’est la vie.

Gonna try to get some sleep tonight and get two good sessions in this weekend going into Monday (probably just a full back and full legs).

Pat and I are reworking some things in the plan now, so will see what he comes up with to manage my crazy schedule.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had a couple of 4am nights in a row to end the week. Not the way I wanted things to go, but c’est la vie.
I get that, we started our company 22 years ago and there are ebbs and flows, right?
When it comes to strength, fitness, everything gymrat, I always figure "strike while the iron is hot". time, health, and motivation won't always be there so we do the best we can to minimalize bad periods and the best we can to maximize the good periods. both are going to happen!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get that, we started our company 22 years ago and there are ebbs and flows, right?
When it comes to strength, fitness, everything gymrat, I always figure "strike while the iron is hot". time, health, and motivation won't always be there so we do the best we can to minimalize bad periods and the best we can to maximize the good periods. both are going to happen!
Yeah, I’m just doing the best I can to get something in as my schedule allows right now. Won’t always be this busy, but sometimes I just have to put my head down and grind and right now is one of those times.

My big nightmare deal is trying to close in 10 days, so that alone should help a lot.

Plus, other deals closing last week should free me up some this week. Right now, it looks like we’re gonna try splitting the legs into two sessions (one ham focused and one quad focused) and move the RDLs to the ham focused day instead of back day.

As those are my longest two sessions (because it takes more than a few warmup sets for those big leg exercises to work up to my working weight), that should help me with scheduling going forward as the sessions should be much quicker with that change.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Starting the week off on plan for a change. Diet has been spotty, but got some food prepped up and hoping to have ~90% compliance going forward this week.
that's excellent man. since I started hitting Sundays it feels good to hit the front end of the week as hard as possible because if life/work get in the way I know I have some important sessions in the bag.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I’m just doing the best I can to get something in as my schedule allows right now. Won’t always be this busy, but sometimes I just have to put my head down and grind and right now is one of those times.

My big nightmare deal is trying to close in 10 days, so that alone should help a lot.

Plus, other deals closing last week should free me up some this week. Right now, it looks like we’re gonna try splitting the legs into two sessions (one ham focused and one quad focused) and move the RDLs to the ham focused day instead of back day.

As those are my longest two sessions (because it takes more than a few warmup sets for those big leg exercises to work up to my working weight), that should help me with scheduling going forward as the sessions should be much quicker with that change.
Yeah, my warm up for squats is about 20 minutes before I can start my work set. I pretty much break my quads and hamstrings up for this session and do hamstrings at lunch or after work on leg day. Then do hamstrings again on back day. Hamstrings have really come a long way with that set up too.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, my warm up for squats is about 20 minutes before I can start my work set. I pretty much break my quads and hamstrings up for this session and do hamstrings at lunch or after work on leg day. Then do hamstrings again on back day. Hamstrings have really come a long way with that set up too.
Yeah, and that’s the issue really. With like a hack or pendulum, I can do fewer (and quicker) warmups, but with a true back squat and barbell RDLs, I really need to take my time working up to the weight in smaller jumps to make sure I don’t **** my back up.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_1891.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG

Got a few in last week that weren’t worth tracking they were so short, but better than nothing. Got the new split from Pat on Wednesday. Think it’s gonna work better, but we’ll see how the closing Thursday ruins my week.

Quads and calves tomorrow then supposed to rest Tuesday, but will probably try to do Wednesdays session since I expect Wednesday to be a clusterfuck.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_1913.JPG
IMG_1914.JPG

Couldn’t sleep for **** last night. Weight today at 175.8 for my weekly check in. Amazon came in clutch with the new pair of straps being delivered before today’s back day.

Probably gonna sub out barbell rows for smith rows or chest supported tbar going forward. Felt a lot of pressure in ye olde lower back today. Barbell rows the day after RDL is not the exercise order for me, I’m thinking.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 240371View attachment 240372

Couldn’t sleep for **** last night. Weight today at 175.8 for my weekly check in. Amazon came in clutch with the new pair of straps being delivered before today’s back day.

Probably gonna sub out barbell rows for smith rows or chest supported tbar going forward. Felt a lot of pressure in ye olde lower back today. Barbell rows the day after RDL is not the exercise order for me, I’m thinking.
Yeah they are kind of a “same day” or “3 days apart” kind of pair. I see barbell rows as much as a low back strengthening/deadlift assistance as upper back work. They really tax the erectors isometrically.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lost my wrist straps and my baby hands didn’t want to hold the barbell for RDLs.
can you switch grip? I lost one of my wraps a year ago and never replaced it. When hook grip starts to get too painful I move to switch grip for reps.

Barbell rows the day after RDL is not the exercise order for me, I’m thinking.
Yeah they are kind of a “same day” or “3 days apart” kind of pair. I see barbell rows as much as a low back strengthening/deadlift assistance as upper back work. They really tax the erectors isometrically.
same. if I could run a true bodybuilding split I would separate back from legs but since I tend to focus on deads and bench, my back/rowing day is always in tandem with my deadlift/legs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this 100%

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At least you got something in!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At least you have been able to get into the gym a bit more consistently. So did you all ever come up with a plan for PED's?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At least you have been able to get into the gym a bit more consistently. So did you all ever come up with a plan for PED's?
I need to schedule my second blood test with all the health markers and then we’ll figure that out. I just got the email to schedule the in-home sample collection, so hoping to have that done in short order.

Probably for the best I waited until I had been able to sort of find my groove with work and training, anyway.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I need to schedule my second blood test with all the health markers and then we’ll figure that out. I just got the email to schedule the in-home sample collection, so hoping to have that done in short order.

Probably for the best I waited until I had been able to sort of find my groove with work and training, anyway.
Oh yeah for sure, would have just been more frustrating and annoying not being able to go if you were on, plus wasting half the effects would be a bummer.