JD's Come back and getting Huge Log!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Wozzers !! Didn't realize how sore my calves were until I got out of bed this morning!!!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Workouts and physique are looking good brotha!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Well guys maybe some bad news, I've got possibly an infection at an inject site. It's pretty red, hot, and sore. I started some antibiotics just in case. I will keep an eye on it. My wife used an ink pin and marked around were the redness stopped to see if it is worse in the morning.

Needless to say no leg day tomorrow because it was in the quad. I'll keep everyone updated.

Now the good news. Killed a back workout today !! :D

Meadows Rows-
90 x 12
115 x 12
115 x 12 drop
90 x 8 drop
45 x 8

Rack chins-
BW +25# 10,10,10 drop
BW x 10

Single arm cable rows-
120 x 8
100 x 10
80 x 12

Neutral grip pulldowns-
100 2 x 25
I couldn't lower my arms after this, my lats were so swollen!!

Seated DB shrugs-
80's 3 x 15

Standing side lateral raises-
20's 3 sets 20

Very wide grip bent over rows on smith machine-
95 3 x 20

Veins were spider webbed across my shoulders and down my arms.
Surprisingly I am staying pretty lean on this run. Although I have been stuck at the 208-210 mark for a week now, just can't seem to put on any more weight. I am eating as much as I can, and even trying to snack between meals.
I only have 5 days of Dbol left so I may drop some water afterwards. I should lean out nicely if I do ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
One down. Many to go. Been eating healthy to long. It's time !!!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One down. Many to go. Been eating healthy to long. It's time !!!

Looks delicious I just had my last big hurrah of junk food took the kids on vacation now it's time to start prep. You know I train with monsters so I never really realize how big I am till I get away from them. Walking through the amusement park and seeing the looks people gave me made me realize to regular people I really do look like a rocked up pit bull

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy crap!!! what are those ????

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Skipped lower body and did a heavy upper body today.
Felt very strong and decided to max on my bench. Set a hell of a PR !!!

Bent over Barbell rows-
275 4 x 5 (PR)

Small V-grip pulldowns-
200 3 x 6

Flat barbell bench-
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
335 x 1
355 x 1
375 x 1
385 x 1 (PR)

BW dips-
2 x 25

Barbell curls-

80 3 x 12

[video=youtube;jkjd0tDJw5o]https://youtu.be/jkjd0tDJw5o[/video]

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Strong lifting brotha!!
Hope all is good with the possible infection

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys !!!

Heavy lower body day.

Subbed in fronts instead of back squats...

Front squats-
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
225 x 5

SLDL-
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 5
305 x 5
315 x 5
275 x 5

Leg Extension-
150 x 8
190 x 8
230 x 8
250 x 8 (stack)

Seated leg press machine calf raises-
140 2 sets 50

The infection in my quad looked better today and it didn't hinder my workout any so the antibiotics must be doing there job ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Back and Bis ! Row, row, row......

DB rows-
70's x 10
80's x 10
90's x 10
100's 3 x 10 VIDEO \/ \/ \/ \/

we really need DB's that go higher than 100. These felt way to easy!!

Wide grip seated rows-
160 4 x 10

Single Arm seated cable rows-
80 3 x 15

DB shrugs- 3 sec hold
100's 4 x 10

Alternating DB curls-
35's x 8
40's x 8
45's x 8
30's x 12

Rope grip cable curls-
120 3 x 12

Double Bi high cable curls-
30 x 25
40 x 15
50 x 15

Rowing like they're nuttin :D

[video=youtube;72mKLDGHQYA]https://youtu.be/72mKLDGHQYA[/video]

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those rows looked good.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Went in this morning planned on a hyper leg day. Just didn't have much motivation. I got my squats done and did some calves and a little abs and was done....

Squats-
135 x 15
225 x 15
275 x 12
315 x 10
365 x 8

Calf raises in seated leg press machine- Drop sets
400 x 15
300 x 15
200 x 12
100 x 10

That was it. Even though it was a short workout I was sweating my ass off !!
The last set of squats felt heavy, but they felt like they were the best set out of all of them. I took them nice and slow and could really feel the contraction in my quads and hams during the whole set. Just really felt powerful during each rep!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing I noticed about my new methodology that I have adopted from M140 is the diversity of exercises especially with legs. My problem is my leg workouts were squats, front squats maybe some leg press. I was avoiding so many important exercises for full leg development. Oh I was doing leg curl and sldl's. Now I probably use as least a dozen different leg exercises and I am finding my underdeveloped area's. Not that I noticed you are lacking in variety and I know you shortened you workout but it just made me think of that. What can I say, most men hate split squats and lunges :(

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
One thing I noticed about my new methodology that I have adopted from M140 is the diversity of exercises especially with legs. My problem is my leg workouts were squats, front squats maybe some leg press. I was avoiding so many important exercises for full leg development. Oh I was doing leg curl and sldl's. Now I probably use as least a dozen different leg exercises and I am finding my underdeveloped area's. Not that I noticed you are lacking in variety and I know you shortened you workout but it just made me think of that. What can I say, most men hate split squats and lunges :(
Yes I am bad about going in, doing some heavy squats, maybe some leg curls and SLDL on a good day and calling it quits. I need to add in some more variety...

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Heavy upper body today

I am just not in it this last week. I force myself to the gym, then it seems half ass while I am there.I just went through this a few weeks ago??

Bent over BB rows-
285 3 x 5

Heavy wide grip pulldowns- with straps and to nose or a tad lower
260 x 6
240 3 x 6

Flat BB bench-
4 warm-up sets
Working sets
275 4 sets 5

Tricep dips-
BW+45lbs 3 sets 10

That was it. Stood around and BS'ed for a bit and drank a shake.
Just got back from a haircut so I am eating and think will take a quick cat-nap before work ;)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brush the week off, and come back with a better mind set! Although you feel off, the workout still looks intense.

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Keep it up, JD! You're doing great. We all go through our dips. You'll come out of it stronger!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Beastly workouts!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR and nice rowing too. You are looking good too!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone !!

No gym today. Got the weekend off and my boy comes back home tomorrow. He has been on a school trip to D.C. for a week so if I hit the gym I will do it in the morning before he gets home. It's nice to have some time away from the kids, but a week from him is pushing it ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Hit the gym this morning for some quick super-sets, bis and tris.

Didn't log it, but stayed in the 12-15 rep range and 3-4 sets of each super-set

Preacher curl w/cambered bar
ss
Seated tri ext with cambered bar

Rope grip cable curl
ss
Rope grip pushdowns

Single arm cable curls
ss
Reverse grip single arm pushdowns

Machine curls
ss
Leg lifts

Cable crunches

Worked up a pretty good sweat and kept my heart rate up. Splurged tonight after my son got home and took him to Chinese with a habachi grill. Ate way to much but I filled out good tonight. Must of needed the carbs ;)

I finished off the Dbol earlier this week and have dropped a little water already I think. My scales are messed up so havent weighed myself in a few weeks. Not sure where I am, so been going by the mirror.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Strong leg day this evening.

Squats-
135 x 10 warm-up
185 x 10 warm-up
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3
465 x 2

Prone Leg curl-
120 x 12
160 x 10
180 x 8
200 x 6 (stack)

Single leg squat- back leg resting on bench
135 3 sets 8

Single leg standing curls-
30 2 sets 8
40 2 sets 8

Standing single calf raises-
Holding a 50lb dumbell
4 sets 15

Finally got some calf veins going on :D haha

I haven't been over 405 on my squats in a long time. Was going to go on up to 500 but stopped. No particular reason, just didn't go up. I will next time though :saevil:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say. Huge squatting man.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'd say. Huge squatting man.
Thanks man. I need to record it. I've been working on my depth and can tell the difference coming out of the whole. It is a little tougher haha.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. I need to record it. I've been working on my depth and can tell the difference coming out of the whole. It is a little tougher haha.
Next squat, let's see the video. I try and vid my top sets too.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Hypertrophy day Back and shoulders
Did a lot of rows last week so worked mainly on width tonight.

Wide grip pullups- Used a thumbless grip on these to make sure it was all back ;)
BW 2 x 8

Neutral grip pullups- Thumbless grip
BW 2 x 8

Wide grip pulldowns- drop sets, don't remember all the reps??
220 drop
180 drop
160 drop

Straight arm pulldowns- very slow
100 4 x 12

BB shrugs-
225 2 x 15
275 2 x 15

Reverse pec dec-
2 sec hold
100 3 x 12 Rear delts were swole !!

Cable front raise single arm-
30 3 x 12

Plate raise-
45# 2 x 8

Leaning side laterals-
30 3 x 8

Didn't eat like I should today. When I work a mid shift at work it is hard to get my third meal in so I am always short it seems. Just have to make up for it tonight :D

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Got called into work early today so had to do a quick chest workout this morning. Short rest periods and a few drop sets.

Incline DB-
80's 4 x 10

Flat DB-
90's 3 x 8
drop
60's x 10

Pec Dec-

120 4 sets 15

Incline sit-ups

Going to switch back to Dumbells on my hyper days. Lost some strength on my inclines, so I will start my workouts with them too.
Headed into work in a few, everyone have a good day !!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We can't train high volume all the time, these shorter sessions can be very effective between sessions of higher volume. You can do 2 body parts or 1 and another later. I am doing back and rear delts today and will take me less than 40 minutes but I will still get plenty of work in.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
We can't train high volume all the time, these shorter sessions can be very effective between sessions of higher volume. You can do 2 body parts or 1 and another later. I am doing back and rear delts today and will take me less than 40 minutes but I will still get plenty of work in.
I agree. When I do the hyper days there is normally a lot of volume, so it is nice to be able to make it short and sweet but still get a very good workout in.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Actually had a schedule day off and felt like I needed to do something so went to the gym anyway.

Chasing the pump !!

Decreasing weight each set every exercise

Barbell curls- reps 8,8,10,15

Crossbody hammer curls- reps 8,10,15

Seated Db curls- reps 8,8,10

Double bi cable curls- 12, 12 , 15, 20

Cable rear laterals, standing single arm- 20,20

Bent over rear lats cable- 15,15

4 sets oblique work

Hit a few weeks spots today. Definately got a good pump going haha
I have got to get back on routine. I have been skipping some of my days off and it threw me off some. Today was supposed to be leg day but since I didn't take a day off earlier this week it only gave me 2 days between legs so I was going to use this as a day off. I guess I will hit legs tomorrow or Friday. We are going out of town to a BBQ/pool party this weekend so it will be nice to get away for a few days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some great work in here brother! Impressive squatting and I love pressing with DB's! I just have to watch my elbows. Once upon a time when I was doing DB's for all chest pressing I was hitting 3 sets of 15 with 115lb on incline. I felt like a beast! Last time I went heavy on them was about 6 months ago I got 125x6 on incline doing 2 second eccentrics. I have to say the changes to my chest that took place over the year I went to DB's was quite impressive. Just something about DB's and pressing that is just awesome!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is definitely more development with DB's as long as I do them wide enough and keep tension all the way through the movement.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Some great work in here brother! Impressive squatting and I love pressing with DB's! I just have to watch my elbows. Once upon a time when I was doing DB's for all chest pressing I was hitting 3 sets of 15 with 115lb on incline. I felt like a beast! Last time I went heavy on them was about 6 months ago I got 125x6 on incline doing 2 second eccentrics. I have to say the changes to my chest that took place over the year I went to DB's was quite impressive. Just something about DB's and pressing that is just awesome!
There is definitely more development with DB's as long as I do them wide enough and keep tension all the way through the movement.
Thanks MrKleen73 !

Yes I go back and forth. My gym only goes to 100's on the DB's and after hitting them for awhile on incline and flat I switched to the BB. Just the change helped spark some growth in my chest again which is good because it was lagging. I will go back to dumbells and when 100's are not enough I will start working in some advanced stuff. Rest/puase, drops, eccentric training etc.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I HAVE TO KEEP TELLING MY SELF THE DAYS I DON'T FEEL LIKE TRAINING IS SOMETIMES THE BEST DAYS IN THE GYM !!!

Hyper leg day

Squats-
275 4 sets 15

Front squats-
185 3 sets 8

Incline DB curls hamstrings
25lb 3 x 15

Prone single leg curls-
60 3 x 8 each leg

Tire flips- 10 sec rest between each set of 8 flips, 4 sets

I had planned on going behind our gym and doing lunges to failure and decided to do tire flips instead. That sh!t was crazy after legs ! But I liked it for some reason :think: haha

Headed to work in an hour. Gotta feeling I will be sore by tonight !

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh often, happens to me all the time.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Heavy upper body day

Bent over bb rows-
275 5 sets 5

Barbell flat bench-
315 5 sets 3

Weighted pull ups-
BW +25lbs 3 sets 5

Started to do inclines and my wife showed up. The owner of the gym came over and started talking to us. A half an hour later I decided just to end my session haha. The wife wanted to do some cardio so I decided to do some with her. Tire flips and hill sprints. She wore out quick and was ready to go home (thankfully LOL ) so that was about if for today.

We are going to a pool party/ BBQ tomorrow for the day so no gym. It'll be nice just to relax and not worry about anything.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Phew!!! Beer, water volleyball, and 95° weather is not a good mix!! Didn't realize it , but got a little to much sun and pretty dehydrated!! I'm glad that a rarity for me. Couldn't handle that all the time like I used to!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
So I have decided to switch up my routine. Going to do a Muscle and Brawn variation of GVT

Day 1 – Chest and Upper Back
Day 2 – Legs and Abs
Day 3 – Off
Day 4 – Shoulders and Lats
Day 5 – Biceps and Triceps
Day 6 – Off
Day 7 – Off

Day 1
Chest and Upper Back

Exercise Sets Reps Rest
Bench Press 10 10 90 sec
Barbell Rows 10 10 90 sec
Pec Dec or Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3 10-15 60 sec
Seated Cable Rows 3 10-15 60 sec

Day 2
Legs and Abs

Exercise Sets Reps Rest
Squats 10 10 90 sec
Leg Curls 10 10 90 sec
Calf Raises 3 10-15 60 sec
Weighted Sit Ups 3 10-20 60 sec

Day 4
Shoulders and Lats

Exercise Sets Reps Rest
Seated Barbell Press 10 10 90 sec
Lat Pull Down or Pull Ups 10 10 90 sec
Bent Over Reverse Flyes 3 10-15 60 sec
Straight Arm Lat Pull Downs 3 10-15 60 sec

Day 5
Biceps and Triceps

Exercise Sets Reps Rest
Dips 10 10 90 sec
Dumbbell Curls 10 10 90 sec
Cable Tricep Extensions 3 10-15 60 sec
EZ Bar Preacher Curls 3 10-15 60 sec

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I am going A-Gvt again this summer similar but 10 sets of 5 instead.