JD's Come back and getting Huge Log!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good call 7 hours is not a lot of time if you need some rest.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
JDG killing it in here brother!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Smashed the weights today!!

Flat bench-

225 x 5
245 x 5
265 x 5
275 x 5 (last week 275 x 3)
285 x 5
295 x 3

Bentover BB rows-

225 x 5
255 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5 (last week)
305 x 5 (last 2 sloppy)

Cage press

95 2 x 8
125 2 x 5

Rope Pushdown-

130 2 x 15

BB curls-

90 2 x 12

Single arm cable rear laterals

30 2 x 15

Not sure where the strength came from, but I killed my bench and BOBBR's today. I really don't want to put on to much fat, so I will watch my diet but I have got to start eating more. These workouts are taking everything out of me!!

My youngest is sick with the flu. My wife stayed home with him today, so I will tomorrow. She has disinfected the whole house, so hopefully I don't catch it tomorrow.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Increase your carbs to almost sickening amounts around your training and then keep the rest moderate and you will probably see some nice gains without much in the way of fat gain.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I saw my coach today havent seen him in a bit as he's doing the ny pro in 5 weeks.. both him and my other coach want me too look at the lightweight class

They both are like you come in at the very top of the weight class.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Increase your carbs to almost sickening amounts around your training and then keep the rest moderate and you will probably see some nice gains without much in the way of fat gain.
Will do. I had been doing that and got away from eating them around my workout, and instead spreading them through out the day. I had planned on going back to my Carb/Amino mix during my workout, so that will help get more in too.

Wooooo buddy that was a workout....
...damn that was a strong session JD
Thanks guys! Feels good to go heavy again and really push it. I have got to watch the OHP though. My shoulders were pretty tight/achy this morning. They start giving me fits and I will stop the over head movements.

So I saw my coach today havent seen him in a bit as he's doing the ny pro in 5 weeks.. both him and my other coach want me too look at the lightweight class

They both are like you come in at the very top of the weight class.
Yes sir. Honestly that is the way I prefer. but as long as you come in as conditioned and symetrical as you can, that is all you can do. Being at the top is nice, but they don't always win ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I went to my son's track meet tonight , so it was late before I got to the gym. Seen a few different faces there I hadn't seen in a while so I did get to talking more than I should have haha. Got a few "your really starting to grow" comments, so that always boosts the ego a little ;)

Front Squats-
155 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5

SLDL-
185 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 5
Had to stop here

Leg ext-
170 2 x 15
Need to go up in weight next time

Leg curls-
150 2 x 15

Standing single calf raises- standing on a platform holding a 45lb plate
2 x 30, 25 last time was 25,20

I started a little heavier this time on the front squats and just added smaller increments each set.
So I figured out two things tonight. 1. Don't do front squats in a tank top. I was sweating and kept having to wipe off the bar and my shoulders because the bar would want to slide across my front delts. 2. I need to start taurine. My lower back started tightening up tonight which affected my SLDL.

An update on my hands. I went and got shots in both hands today. The lower part towards my wrists. It was some a type of steroid shot that is supposed to help relieve some of the inflammation around the carpel tunnel. He said it could take a day or two to see the full affects, so keeping my fingers crossed i can actually feel something tomorrow haha.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dam dude getting strength back quick!

As always, following along.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You got the your really starting to grow today I put on 9lbs and I got the you need to put on alot more size =(

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes my gains seem pretty lean with a lot of carbs later in the day after workouts (up to 300 grams) and none early. I have been doing this for around 12 weeks and then 6 weeks of lower carb. Bpak makes a good point about our bodies adjusting and not putting on muscle if we go higher carb too long. What I plan is to go back to high carb for 6 more weeks after this which should have to closer to prep where I'll just start cycling carbs.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Dam dude getting strength back quick!

As always, following along.
Good to have ya along kjscatch ! And yes it seems to be coming up quick. If I continue to raise my weights I may start adding in more reps. I do not want to exceed my previous PR's to quick and get hurt.

You got the your really starting to grow today I put on 9lbs and I got the you need to put on alot more size =(
9lbs is pretty stinking good man! Just keep pushing and growing!

Yes my gains seem pretty lean with a lot of carbs later in the day after workouts (up to 300 grams) and none early. I have been doing this for around 12 weeks and then 6 weeks of lower carb. Bpak makes a good point about our bodies adjusting and not putting on muscle if we go higher carb too long. What I plan is to go back to high carb for 6 more weeks after this which should have to closer to prep where I'll just start cycling carbs.
Thanks DreamWeaver, appreciate your advice and knowledge as always ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
So got off work and had an itch to hit the gym, even though it was a scheduled day off So went in and tore up my bis. I am pretty sure they grew 1/2" today haha. Nice solid pump, enough that it hurt to try to straighten my arms. Had to sit and BS awhile to let the pump go down. I rode my motorcycle to the gym and would of had a hard time riding home LOL

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms for me yesterday too. GVT is ok but I am not getting the same pump as I did from the M140 and the other 4 day split with 1 and 1/4's

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Arms for me yesterday too. GVT is ok but I am not getting the same pump as I did from the M140 and the other 4 day split with 1 and 1/4's
That's crazy. I figured with ten sets of ten you would get a crazy pump?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's crazy. I figured with ten sets of ten you would get a crazy pump?
low reps no drop sets, which means less time under tension. Advanced GVT is 10 X 5 reps so it's more for strength/hypertrophy .

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Gunna be bigger an better that ever before this summer!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You and me both :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sir, & I will hold you to it :)
Good cuz I have not given myself any choice :) I am already bigger now just have to work on the better, and maybe a little bit more bigger. I will try to add another M140 in after this and should be good for a few more lbs.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good cuz I have not given myself any choice :) I am already bigger now just have to work on the better, and maybe a little bit more bigger. I will try to add another M140 in after this and should be good for a few more lbs.
Just wanted to let you know I watched some Ben P videos on YouTube he killed my biceps with one workout sore for two days loved it

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those front delts on the side pose looking nasty thick how much you weighing now?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I ran the first M140 Ben came out with and liked it. There is just so much to have to follow it is kind of a pain in the ass to write it all down and follow if that makes sense? I like to look at my notebook and see; ok I have to do this many sets, this much weight, and try to hit these reps.... I guess I am just lazy. If the routine was wrote up in simple form it would be easier haha.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Those front delts on the side pose looking nasty thick how much you weighing now?

I am holding around 196-199. My weight has been flucuating a lot lately. I'd bet because my water intake hasn't been spot on like it should

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran the first M140 Ben came out with and liked it. There is just so much to have to follow it is kind of a pain in the ass to write it all down and follow if that makes sense? I like to look at my notebook and see; ok I have to do this many sets, this much weight, and try to hit these reps.... I guess I am just lazy. If the routine was wrote up in simple form it would be easier haha.
I just print out the sheets.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I just print out the sheets.
Hmm. maybe I will look into it again. Some one had sent me one of the adavnced routines and now I can't find it... I know the 5x5 shoulder press is getting to my shoulders here lately, so I will have to do something different with them.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Hit upper body this morning. Had 1.5 cups dry oats with breakfast and didn't wait long enough to lift. Didn't get sick but was still pretty full/bloated lol.

Bentover BB rows-

225 x 5
255 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5

Flat bench-

225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
225 x 8

Seated BB shoulder press
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 5 VERY HAPPY WITH THIS

Rope Pushdown-

130 2 x 15

Reverse grip straight bar pushdowns-
4 sets 12

A few things different today. I stopped at my fourth set on the Rows. I made sure I had very strict form and was really using my back to pull the weight up. Earlier this week I got sloppy on my fifth set and didn't want to do it again. Also there wasn't a bench open so I had to do rows first. Got another compliment today while doing bench Had a guy spot my on my last set and said my back was "f'n wide" while I was benching haha.
Also I didn't realize it until I did my last bench set and was able to push 295 x 5, but I skipped a set again, ugh!

Skipped rear delts and bis today, I hit bis yestarday pretty hard, and my shoulders were aching anyway so didn't push them anymore. I just added a little extra to my tris.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am holding around 196-199. My weight has been flucuating a lot lately. I'd bet because my water intake hasn't been spot on like it should
Damn big homie I'm trying to get big like you 196 199lbs

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would save the carbs for after the workout as I am a big believer in am fats pm carbs(higher glycemic) maybe a banana after workout is ok though. From what I have been reading is that you body is using fat as fuel when you wake and to keep it there you want to avoid insulin spikes using carbs to keep it burning fat. This should yield a better workout. Eggs and coconut oil is what I am now using. Not saying there aren't other solutions for other people but this is what I am going on right now for me. Just wanted to put that out there in case you want to give it a try.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
So when I am off work like today, breakfast is the only meal I get in before I work out. So just protein and fats, and then carbs post workout? Or only carbs late this afternoon?

I've did the only fats for my first few meals before and felt good doing it. Even felt like I had more energy in the mornings...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly and you should have more energy :) Carbs for recuperative energy is fine but if you are already in fat burn not so much good for am energy.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Exactly and you should have more energy :)

Ok. I thought I remember Bpak saying somewhere that you have better mind/muscle connection when you don't eat carbs pre workout. That carbs make you more 'foggy'. Also I have never not had carbs postworkout, so that would be different for me...

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Also may do something a little different for my 2nd workout each week. Might change over to more of a Power/Hyper routine, instead of going heavy twice a week. Only a few weeks in and surprisingly already hitting my joints pretty good. I like the heavy weights, I guess they don't like me haha.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. I thought I remember Bpak saying somewhere that you have better mind/muscle connection when you don't eat carbs pre workout. That carbs make you more 'foggy'. Also I have never not had carbs postworkout, so that would be different for me...
Yah a banana would be great post workout. I use carb back loading but I may change back to 1 banana post myself if I feel it's needed.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Hit legs pretty good today. Went in with the mindset that i was going to change things up. And boy did I !!

Leg Press- (total number of plates)

4 x 20
8 x 15
12 x 12
16 3 x 8 *DROP
14 x 10 *DROP
12 x 10 *DROP
10 x 8
* wasn't true drop sets, I lift by myself so I had to get up to pull the weights each set

Squats-
225 4 sets 20 HOLY SH!T !!!

Incline bench DB leg curls- (hammies)
30 3 x 10,10,8

Standing leg curls
(modified with leg ext machine)
Single leg 4 sets of 8
These I went from one leg to the other with no rest so L, R, L, R until I did 4 sets with each leg

My legs were so full of blood I couldn't hardly walk. I rode my motorcycle to the gym so decided I would do a slow walk on the treadmill and try to get some blood out of my legs. Ya, I am sure people was laughing at me the way I was walking. I was pumped my from glutes to my calves!!

The Walgreens down the street is having a blood drive today so I am going this afternoon to give blood. Gotta keep that RBC in check ;)

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Great job! How are hands feeling? Still getting better?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the volume and comprehensive leg work.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Great job! How are hands feeling? Still getting better?
Ehh, not sure about getting better, but not any worse. They don't ever hurt any more, just some numbness. The shots I got didn't help any at all....

Love the volume and comprehensive leg work.
Thanks DreamWeaver ! I really liked the higher reps, it was rough, but felt good ;) Probably do something similar today with upper body.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
After that Dorian Yates back ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
What are you doing to get that mid back thickness??
Width or thickness? Deadlifts used to be my best friend ;) They were always the lift I loved to do, and would do them before anything else on back day. Not as much anymore, even though I should..... I've been doing a lot of heavy bent over rows, up to 295ish x 5.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man I just watched a blood and guts video got me pumped up. A teammate just took 1st place lightweight at the los.Angeles grand prix over.the weekend

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Changed things up a little bit again tonight. Had a buddy show up at the gym so I trained with him. My left rear delt was really bothering me so I didn't get to do as much as I would of liked. Not real sure what I done to it. It has been aching some lately, but was pretty bad tonight.

Incline BB bench
135 2 x 15
185 12,11,11

Decline BB Bench
135 x 15
185 x 12
205 x 10
225 x 8

Neutral grip pulldowns
140 4 x 15

Close grip V-handle seated rows
140 4 x 12

No shoulders or tris tonight. I think I hit them hard enough doing the other lifts haha. Not sure if it was the combination or not, but I took a scoop of Ergo-blast and Glycer Grow and had an insane pump tonight. I went to point at my left shoulder with my right hand and couldn't even get close to it haha. I don't normally use pre workouts any more, but figured I could use a little boost tonight and had it sitting around.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking like a beast man!! Love seeing you be able to hit it so hard! (Totally jelly of your shoulder boulders!!)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Looking like a beast man!! Love seeing you be able to hit it so hard! (Totally jelly of your shoulder boulders!!)
Thanks Kat!!! Glad to be back at it again !!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Sweet Jesus!!!!!

Front squat-
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
265 x 5 !! VIDEO \/ \/ \/

SLDL- dumbells

100's 3 x 8

Leg extensions-
170 2 x 15---- 10 partials after last set

Leg curls-
150 2 x 15---- 10 partials after last set

Single leg standing calf raise-
holding 45#

45# 2 x 25--- then 10 body weight calf raises after last set each leg

[video=youtube;Mtr6sPm_zp8]https://youtu.be/Mtr6sPm_zp8[/video]

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heck yeah!! Great job!!

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Way to bust it! I bet those legs are feeling it today!